User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 27 May 2007, 15:21   #1
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Generic Space Based Alien Invasion Type Thingy Thread

(I got bored)

The situation:

For hundreads and hundreads of years humans from Earth went to the stars, colonised many a planet, constructed large fleets, fought lots of wars, and generally done what humans are good at doing (usually blowing things up). Eventually, though, some big bad ass dude of a ruler managed to pacify the other not quite so bad ass rulers and declared himself the Emperor of the humans. Things were good for a while. Resources were devoted to more exploration and expansion and the new human empire grew and grew, until it was quite big. Very big, in fact. And all the while, there had been no signs of any aliens. All was good for the humans.

Then, suddenly, when it seemed like things were going really really great, the ALIENS CAME !!!!!

Bum bum buuummm!!!!

Oh noes.

Horrid, nasty, green aliens. With big ships, and big guns.

These nasty, green aliens, with their big ships and big guns started to blow up the little humans. The little humans, not having really fought a proper war in quite a long time, due to the aforementioned big bad ass dude having pacified everyone, were quite shocked, and were slow to rouse. But after having a couple of systems blasted out of existance by the nasty green aliens with big ships and big guns, the little humans eventually managed to gather a war fleet together. However, this fleet was also blown up.

The aforementioned big bad ass dude, was getting quite old by now, but he was still the biggest bad ass dude the humans had, so he led the largest gathering of warships that was possible (basicly all the ships the humans had that could have guns on) and led the defence of next system the nasty green aliens attacked. There was a big fight. Lots of explosions. Big bad ass dude was hurt. Nasty green aliens retreated. Hurrah!

It is now one year after that big nasty battle. Human starships are now proper warships, with big guns, just like the nasty green alien ships. The big bad ass emperor dude is still recovering back on Earth. The outer system, where the aliens are still trying to attack is now heavily defended and where you are all stationed. A fleet is gathering there, getting ready to attack the nasty green aliens.

Congratulations!
You get to be a part of this glorious fleet!
Hurrah!

You can have whatever ship you like, (but no death stars fluffie ) and be warned that if you have a big ship, you'll likely encounter ships that are bigger.

Weapons are whatever you like as well, energy or projectile. Make sure you give them a good description.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2007, 15:27   #2
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about
Re: Generic Space Based Alien Invasion Type Thingy Thread

I'll do something... sometime, when my blasted coursework is done.

But count me in anyhow

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2007, 19:24   #3
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Sure. Coming thursday.
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:21   #4
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts

Capt'n John Duke Pikkerd, reportin' fer duty. mah wee little corvette with the wee hugeassed gun 'r readeh fer duteh.

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 13:48   #5
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Well, since it doesn't look like Andromeda is coming back to these forums, I am thinking about joining, if that's alright. I was wondering though; is this a thread where we just get to fight those nasty green little buggers or will this thread also include some non-combat politics, intrigues, plotting, assassinations and general in-fighting as in common with humans and old 'n feeble bad ass dudes with lots of power whose best place is a footnote in history?
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 14:26   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
Well, since it doesn't look like Andromeda is coming back to these forums, I am thinking about joining, if that's alright. I was wondering though; is this a thread where we just get to fight those nasty green little buggers or will this thread also include some non-combat politics, intrigues, plotting, assassinations and general in-fighting as in common with humans and old 'n feeble bad ass dudes with lots of power whose best place is a footnote in history?

Don't you have more important things to do?
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 19:29   #7
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Don't you have more important things to do?
If there is political backstabbing I want to politically backstab UQ.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 12:59   #8
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
If there is political backstabbing I want to politically backstab UQ.
Why me? Why now? I'm not emperor. Not yet anyway. But when I am, my second imperial decision will be to have you sealed inside a cargo container which is then propelled into the nearest sun.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 11:29   #9
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur_Quan
Why me? Why now? I'm not emperor. Not yet anyway. But when I am, my second imperial decision will be to have you sealed inside a cargo container which is then propelled into the nearest sun.
Exactly! I'm the future emperor here!
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:32   #10
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Only until your get vapourised, seeing as you are serving on the front line...

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 23:10   #11
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

ooo... Sounds random and fun. Do I sense a plot to get some activity going in these slow old forums? Count me in, I could use a distraction. I'll write up something this week. I'm assuming we aren't trying to be overly serious in one, just enjoy ourselves and see how totally you can mess with our heads?
I'm all for that. Tally-hoe!
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 16:18   #12
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

then i ll pilot a heavy fighter, with a pair of anti matter projector cannons, a pair of heavy disruptor and a tri cobalt torpedo launcher in my fore section, and 2 medium disruptor and a anti matter torpedo launcher aft, obviously, this is a heavy fighter, built for speed and maneuvrability in close combat.

lieutenant rop ready for duty..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 14:57   #13
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

oh...shinny space blowing up thread...hmmm what to make...well since the death star is out i guess that means the sun crusher, galaxy gun, and all other planet killers are as well...guess i will have to actually come up with something halfway reasonable now.