User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Feb 2012, 21:45   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Ultores

Not often that CT speaks on here...

We have failed in every method we could think of to get xVx off the fence, from pleading with them, to using force, to agreeing to their demands for end of round nap.

There is nothing left for us to do now but to pretty much take on ults with the little support we have.

Any alliance that is too cowardly to help will be taken care of at some point, be it this round or next! anyone wanting to help, you know who to contact.

CT is not strong enough for this and nether are our allies! My only regret is we didn't just fight ults from the start but we didn't feel that we should fight xVx's war for them!

Will see how long we last!

GL and let the flames start :/
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 21:52   #2
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ultores

:crymeariver:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 21:53   #3
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

was only "xvx's war" when ct and nd became too useless to run for top, dont talk about them as if they were the only ones who were ever in the running to fight us

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 21:55   #4
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_posi View Post
:crymeariver:

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 22:07   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I have said to you many times GM ... Fix CT's defence culture, you wont win a round until you do.
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 22:07   #6
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

So in clear you are bitching that xvx does not backstab its ally?

Wow..

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 22:29   #7
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
So in clear you are bitching that xvx does not backstab its ally?

Wow..
From the logs i read they were willing to backstab there ally, as long as they were gaurenteed they had a round long nap with the block so they could secure first. Once that wasnt given to them they stuck with Ult... how amusing.

And lets face it here boys and girls. no alliance plays for 'fun' i dont care what you say. You never hear a player say (seriously maybe in a joke way) 'oh look im 700th... and bin roided to the ground... but im happy!' That doesnt happen. You play to win and PA turned its back on galaxy wins and planet wins a long time ago... hence why alliance rankings was invented (it wasnt origonaly in PA) based on the fact people turned it into an alliance based game. So no.. no one was bitching at xvx for sitting on the fence as such, what they are bitching about is xvx had a shot at winning and respectfully winning by earning it. But chose to stagnate the round and sit there at second napped to first with the same crap excuse off 'we are neutral and play for planet ranks/gals' in an alliance based game. Which lets face it they have been all round.

Good luck to CT and anyone that joins them for trying to save whats left of the round.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 22:33   #8
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
You never hear a player say (seriously maybe in a joke way) 'oh look im 700th... and bin roided to the ground... but im happy!' That doesnt happen. You play to win and PA turned its back on galaxy wins and planet wins a long time ago... hence why alliance rankings was invented (it wasnt origonaly in PA) based on the fact people turned it into an alliance based game. So no.. no one was bitching at xvx for sitting on the fence as such, what they are bitching about is xvx had a shot at winning and respectfully winning bu earning it. But chose to stagnate the round and sit there at second napped to first. Which lets face it they have been all round.
Sorry, but I think you're horribly mistaken here. There's certainly a lot of players that play with the intention of winning or bust but a lot of us purely play for the IRC banter and the friendships we've made. Saying that no one plays for any reason other than winning is just plain untrue.

Unread 9 Feb 2012, 22:42   #9
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
Sorry, but I think you're horribly mistaken here. There's certainly a lot of players that play with the intention of winning or bust but a lot of us purely play for the IRC banter and the friendships we've made. Saying that no one plays for any reason other than winning is just plain untrue.
So you play for fun huh? Going by your signature looks like youve ended quite a few times in the top 100... doesnt look like you play for the 'irc bantor' to me. And im reffering to alliances as a whole. To sit there at second knowing full well you had a shot at actually coming first and to not take it in a war game i see as madness. Even ROCK, in the round they upset a lot of people with their switching block sides and knowing full well they lacked the ability and quality tried to take the round when they were second and Apprime was first. This is what im reffering too.

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 9 Feb 2012 at 22:57.
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 23:01   #10
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
So you play for fun huh? Going by your signature looks like youve ended quite a few times in the top 100... doesnt look like you play for the 'irc bantor' to me. And im reffering to alliances as a whole.
The fact that the universe is so shit that I can half-assed play and finish top 100 is irrelevant. I'm not special, anyone with basic knowledge of the game can do that. And even people without a brain do it (hi CBA!). Nowadays it's not unusual to see scanners and covoppers finish top10, or late starters finish top20.

If you're speaking purely of alliances, I'd challenge you to talk to alliances like HR, DFWTK, ToF, NGO, etc. I don't mean to sound derogatory, but if HC's are being honest with themselves they know they probably won't come first in the alliance rankings. I know for a fact people in ToF enjoy being there because they can help new players and enjoy a different experience than those in some of the more stressful top alliances.

Either way, I'm sorry, but it's just not true. You're trying to make a generalization that doesn't work.

Unread 9 Feb 2012, 23:05   #11
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
The fact that the universe is so shit that I can half-assed play and finish top 100 is irrelevant. I'm not special, anyone with basic knowledge of the game can do that. And even people without a brain do it (hi CBA!). Nowadays it's not unusual to see scanners and covoppers finish top10, or late starters finish top20.

If you're speaking purely of alliances, I'd challenge you to talk to alliances like HR, DFWTK, ToF, NGO, etc. I don't mean to sound derogatory, but if HC's are being honest with themselves they know they probably won't come first in the alliance rankings. I know for a fact people in ToF enjoy being there because they can help new players and enjoy a different experience than those in some of the more stressful top alliances.

Either way, I'm sorry, but it's just not true. You're trying to make a generalization that doesn't work.
Maybe i should re-word what i say. I agree alliances such as Tof, NGO etc do play for somthing else. However, given the opertunity and the right playerbase i know full well any of these HC would love that shot at the gold. And my generalization is simple, xvx had the oppertunity to win and they chose to settle for second. Although appears if the anti ult block had accepted xvx's (amusingly contract like) offer then we would of saw a different story. So dont patronise the rest of the PA world that xvx doesnt play for the alliance win after seeing those logs they would of turned on Ult in a heartbeat as long as the rest of the alliances left them alone once Ult was hit (if it was of course possible to actually of taken Ult down not saying it was)

In a way im glad Ult have won the round. They won the round on skill and are full of great players as we all know. If xvx had of won, then we know it would of been becuase of 2 reasons 1) They would of managed to actually out roid Ult while being napped to them and avoiding them. or 2) They would of bin awarded the win through this 'contract' agreement where no one would hit them after everyone had hit ult. So.. bassicaly the easy route either way.

Well Done ult

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 9 Feb 2012 at 23:27.
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 23:46   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Finaly some action.
Why didnt we have forest coming out and declaring war when we decided to have war?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2012, 23:53   #13
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I have a family now, my war days are over...
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 00:16   #14
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
My only regret is we didn't just fight ults from the start but we didn't feel that we should fight xVx's war for them!
You were counting on them to do it so you could sit on the sideline with no incs and get fat?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 00:28   #15
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

No, we would of helped xVx :/
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 00:36   #16
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

But since they didn't hit us, you just figured "nah, we're not even gonna bother trying on our own"?
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 07:46   #17
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
But since they didn't hit us, you just figured "nah, we're not even gonna bother trying on our own"?
This isn't how PA has worked, ever.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]

Last edited by Psi_K; 10 Feb 2012 at 21:49.
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 07:53   #18
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
CTs trying to take on the top ally... and rather than having the decency to let CT try, xVx is actively defending ult out of gal. Seems to me that all that xVx really wants to be this round is be ult's shield and whipping boy, rather than actually do anything themselves. Real heros those xVx players.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 08:12   #19
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
CTs trying to take on the top ally... and rather than having the decency to let CT try, xVx is actively defending ult out of gal. Seems to me that all that xVx really wants to be this round is be ult's shield and whipping boy, rather than actually do anything themselves. Real heros those xVx players.
since when are we able to deffend people outside of ingame allie out of gal?

Unread 10 Feb 2012, 08:15   #20
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

since you allied

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 09:12   #21
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
omg eksero what is wrong with you?

I swear you do not even bother reading peoples posts..

GM just said he was going to fight Ult solo anyway

a) get some new glasses
b) go back to school
c) stop posting on here

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 09:51   #22
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

lol this thread is nothing more than just trying to make a sad face and hope that xvx ppl that read this crap feel uncomfortable and get into the GB as well :P nothing more to it

as far as things are with sharing def between xvx/ult.. yeah ult has defended them and xvx has defended us.. thats what allys do.. whats the problem here?

cheers to the xvx ppl that didnt fall for this shit!

and gl to the block hittin ultores (DLR, Apprime, Consp, FanG, where is ND btw?) - may there be wealthy salvage donation ahead of us
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 09:53   #23
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
omg eksero what is wrong with you?

I swear you do not even bother reading peoples posts..

GM just said he was going to fight Ult solo anyway

a) get some new glasses
b) go back to school
c) stop posting on here
Did you actually read his post?

He said he regret not hitting ult early on because he didnt wan't to fight xvx's fight. But seeing as they didn't hit us, ct didnt even bother to try on their own..

And he also didn't say in his OP that he was going to fight ult solo.
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 10:14   #24
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
lol this thread is nothing more than just trying to make a sad face and hope that xvx ppl that read this crap feel uncomfortable and get into the GB as well :P nothing more to it

as far as things are with sharing def between xvx/ult.. yeah ult has defended them and xvx has defended us.. thats what allys do.. whats the problem here?

cheers to the xvx ppl that didnt fall for this shit!

and gl to the block hittin ultores (DLR, Apprime, Consp, FanG, where is ND btw?) - may there be wealthy salvage donation ahead of us
shut up neroon

xvx is a joke, end of.. and i blame chimpie and whoever else is influencing xvx pols

Unread 10 Feb 2012, 10:23   #25
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

I would like to congratulate NewDawn! Well done!
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 13:38   #26
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
I would like to congratulate NewDawn! Well done!
what for?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 14:16   #27
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
what for?
I think the answer here is two-fold.

a) for kneelings down and doing something with their mouths

b) for bending over and taking something in their arses

Unread 10 Feb 2012, 14:41   #28
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
what for?
For their achivements this round!

pm DigitalZero for details.
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 15:06   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Any alliance idling out the round in second spot, napped to the winning alliance and actively defending them is a ****ing disgrace. When you have the opportunity to win, you take it.

On the other hand, Ultores defending xVx is actually a stroke of genius. Ultores are clearly better roiders than xVx, so if sharing defense means the status quo persists, the means Ultores will win the round. The best way to do that is by 1) getting as much defense as possible, for example by enlisting other alliances to defend you and 2) keeping xVx docile, for example by offering to defend them. Napping xVx is killing two birds with one very clever stone.

CT & co could take the easy way out and attack xVx for its "betrayal", but that would just give Ultores an even bigger lead. It would also piss off xVx, who would then tighten their alliance with the honourable Ultores. Considering that they are already unwilling to break with Ultores, there's clearly nothing to be gained by attacking xVx.

So this is the right move by CT. That doesn't mean they're guaranteed to succeed, not by any means. Ultores has 2 alliances worth of defence to counter this block. If CT & co can't break through that, this will have been a wasted effort. But if they can, and if they gain enough to endanger Ultores' lead and if they do it fast enough, then that puts xVx in a tight spot, because if that happens, they surely will be next in line. Those are a lot of ifs though.

Quote:
This is hardly the doomsday block you make it out to be. Those 4 alliances only have 50% more planets and about 13% more value than Ultores/xVx, assuming Munin's intel is correct. That's actually a bit on the low side, and certainly nothing like the pileups we've seen in recent rounds.

Personally, given all of the above, my bet is on Ultores. Nevertheless, kudos to gm for trying.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 16:28   #30
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Buying Gm's crap only makes you stupid. There are more sides to a story than that of a sulking CT.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 17:22   #31
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd - Light, 2009
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 17:33   #32
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

meh.. though they did hit xvx :P so u missed that part

and i just love hunter`s posts
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 19:32   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Buying Gm's crap only makes you stupid. There are more sides to a story than that of a sulking CT.
If you would be so kind as to point out any factual errors in either my or his post, that would be great. Otherwise, this is just a pointless flame.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 20:11   #34
Knight

just seems CT/fang have spent the whole round staying away from ult in the hope xvx will fight them, and so then ct/fang could reap the rewards afterwards, but everyome is now whining because that plan has clearly not happened and they have realised its near enough too late for them to do anything substantial. just take this loss on the chin, and in future grow a pair and fight yourself if you want a chance

Ultores peon
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 21:41   #35
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If you would be so kind as to point out any factual errors in either my or his post, that would be great. Otherwise, this is just a pointless flame.
Nope, i'd rather make a point of not discussing details of politics on ad during the round. Since i know from experience how stupid it gets. You're free to ask me what went on on irc or in pm, but i have no intention of feeding the trolls.

I will tell you on a general basis, only checking out the story of one side in a disagreement before making up your conclutions doesnt make you seem as intelligent as you might be tho. You have some perfectly valid facts in your post, and some assumptions thats way off.

Carry on eating the propaganda.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 10 Feb 2012 at 21:46.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 21:53   #36
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Not sure why anyone's saying xVx will finish 2nd, it's going to be a far stretch for them to finish 4th with the ass backwards way they did politics this round.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 22:04   #37
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
just seems CT/fang have spent the whole round staying away from ult in the hope xvx will fight them, and so then ct/fang could reap the rewards afterwards, but everyome is now whining because that plan has clearly not happened and they have realised its near enough too late for them to do anything substantial. just take this loss on the chin, and in future grow a pair and fight yourself if you want a chance
We all knew before round start xVx and Ultores are going into round allied, what we didnt know is that ultores also naped fang after a week or so in round. Nd and ct never had the activity nor the determination to war ultores and if they did it in early round they would be even shitter as they are now. Now its like this the big bad block has around 370mil value and a lot less active planets than ultores xvx which combined has 340 mil value so if you ask me xVx either 1. went into round hopeing someone will war ultores and let them fence get fat and win without getting any inc or 2. as ultores support tag.
Unread 10 Feb 2012, 23:14   #38
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Beleive you need to read mine and mz's posts before making such an annoying post to this thread. As i stated in a previous post, xvx were second and had a shot at winning (they were ofc first before there plan of lets see if we can out roid ult backfired) but chose (after their contract like offer to the block was denied off 'nap us for the rest of the round and we will join you' ie the easy way out once ult was dealt with no one could hit them) to just sit at second and help ult win which they have lets face it done since tick start. So your line of 'grow a pair' i beleive needs to be said to xvx. As stated in a previous post, even Rock, an allie which was branded a training alliance had the balls to take on Apprime a few rounds ago knowing they wouldnt probably win, but there was a slight chance and in my eyes they earned more respect in that one moment then xvx will ever earn since they started playing this game. Stop being fence sitters, stop using the same bs excuses of playing for planet and gal ranks only and stop taking the easy way out.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 00:15   #39
Knight

I can't deny that xVx have given us the win (providing we don't fold to incs). But surely we have all realized now that allegiances in this game don't just last 1 round, they carry on for the time that those alliances remain are loyal to each other, and as it happens, Ult and xVx are very loyal as it has on many occasions been just the 2 of us vs the rest. You can't expect xVx to end that friendship so easily (I don't know if this contract thing is true or not, there's been no proof for myself) so for now i won't necessarily believe it it is a shame the round had turned out to be so quiet and boring at the start, but that can't be blamed solely on xVx, there are many others.

Ultores peon
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 00:18   #40
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros View Post
since you allied
Why would you defend another alliance?

Unread 11 Feb 2012, 01:34   #41
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Why would you defend another alliance?
Its one of the benefits of being naped so why not? You defend and you get defence back its as simple as that!
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 02:15   #42
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

One would think the obvious thing to do was to go for easy roids, and make sure you dont lose roids in your own tag not use fleets to def the tag above you?

Unread 11 Feb 2012, 09:25   #43
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
One would think the obvious thing to do was to go for easy roids, and make sure you dont lose roids in your own tag not use fleets to def the tag above you?
What about when you need defence?

Unread 11 Feb 2012, 14:11   #44
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Not often that CT speaks on here...

We have failed in every method we could think of to get xVx off the fence, from pleading with them, to using force, to agreeing to their demands for end of round nap.

There is nothing left for us to do now but to pretty much take on ults with the little support we have.

Any alliance that is too cowardly to help will be taken care of at some point, be it this round or next! anyone wanting to help, you know who to contact.

CT is not strong enough for this and nether are our allies! My only regret is we didn't just fight ults from the start but we didn't feel that we should fight xVx's war for them!

Will see how long we last!

GL and let the flames start :/
You wanted xVx to fight the round with no allies, take the lion's share of the work against Ultores, then turn against them securing #1 for yourselves. You left it too late to hit Ultores and now you are crying. You only have yourselves to blame.
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 15:10   #45
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
I can't deny that xVx have given us the win (providing we don't fold to incs). But surely we have all realized now that allegiances in this game don't just last 1 round, they carry on for the time that those alliances remain are loyal to each other, and as it happens, Ult and xVx are very loyal as it has on many occasions been just the 2 of us vs the rest. You can't expect xVx to end that friendship so easily (I don't know if this contract thing is true or not, there's been no proof for myself) so for now i won't necessarily believe it it is a shame the round had turned out to be so quiet and boring at the start, but that can't be blamed solely on xVx, there are many others.
Next round you can have initiating races maybe!
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 16:48   #46
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I would like to point out that in the midst of xVx's whinning that with regards to ult all that CT had really asked is that they stay out of the fight. They have somehow interpreted this as CT requested they fight ult solo, talk about trying to spin a story....

The real shame here is xVx and Ult decided before the round started to block and to attempt hide this fact until they had roided everyone else. We had xVx HC assure us during the first week of the round that they were not working with ult, meanwhile ult and xVx attacked everyone but each other. (I challenge xVx/Ult to prove me wrong here by posting how they were even close to being each other's top hostiles... here is a hint, they can't) I would like to point out that this is the first round since App won where there have been significant blocks, and this is entirely because of the intentional effort of xVx and ult. CT has consistently and intentionally avoided blocking over the last few rounds in part to keep the game interesting. Last round we spent much of the round at war with Ult (our doing not ults) while ND happily fenced to the top. When given the choice of blocking with ND and letting them walk to the win, or turning on ND, we turned on ND, not because we dislike ND, but because it was better for the game (and CTs only chance of winning ourselves) to take them on. ND fought valiantly, and in the end we both lost to a fenced Ult, but at least it made the round interesting.

Ult and xVx seem to feel it is better for the game that they block together and use xVx as a shield to get ult to it's 3rd win in a row. Good tactics by ult, for whom I have much respect for in this strategy, but a complete failure of nerve by the xVx HC, who have sacrificed any chance of their own ally win to give ult a three-peat.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 17:33   #47
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Quote:
Ult and xVx seem to feel it is better for the game that they block together and use xVx as a shield to get ult to it's 3rd win in a row. Good tactics by ult, for whom I have much respect for in this strategy, but a complete failure of nerve by the xVx HC, who have sacrificed any chance of their own ally win to give ult a three-peat.
Lesser alliances will always listen to better alliances regardless of the projected outcome.
It's just how the game works.
Top tier alliances don't settle for 2nd.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 17:41   #48
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
ND fought valiantly, and in the end we both lost to a fenced Ult, but at least it made the round interesting.
You really are hilarious. How exactly is being hit by almost every major alliance being fenced. We've seen bizarre definitions of this from CT before, I guess it's a running theme...

-Munin- <[DDK]gm> disbanding the big asc fence gals will help you <Game> fence gals? <[DDK]gm> yeah <Game> what fence gals do we have? <[DDK]gm> gal full of asc planets, not many alliances with hit them for fear of pissing asc off <[DDK]gm> = uber fence <Game> lol thats not a fence <[DDK]gm> in a way it is

Quote:
Ult and xVx seem to feel it is better for the game that they block together
Oh, and we don't give a toss about "the game", we want to win. Sorry.

(Hint: I'm not sorry)

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 18:14   #49
neroon

Quote:
I would like to point out that in the midst of xVx's whinning that with regards to ult all that CT had really asked is that they stay out of the fight. They have somehow interpreted this as CT requested they fight ult solo, talk about trying to spin a story....

The real shame here is xVx and Ult decided before the round started to block and to attempt hide this fact until they had roided everyone else. We had xVx HC assure us during the first week of the round that they were not working with ult, meanwhile ult and xVx attacked everyone but each other. (I challenge xVx/Ult to prove me wrong here by posting how they were even close to being each other's top hostiles... here is a hint, they can't) I would like to point out that this is the first round since App won where there have been significant blocks, and this is entirely because of the intentional effort of xVx and ult. CT has consistently and intentionally avoided blocking over the last few rounds in part to keep the game interesting. Last round we spent much of the round at war with Ult (our doing not ults) while ND happily fenced to the top. When given the choice of blocking with ND and letting them walk to the win, or turning on ND, we turned on ND, not because we dislike ND, but because it was better for the game (and CTs only chance of winning ourselves) to take them on. ND fought valiantly, and in the end we both lost to a fenced Ult, but at least it made the round interesting.

this is just plain wrong in so many ways

im wondering if u guys really think these things ureselves or is it a job well done by you`re HC`s talking bullshit like that into yer heads?
Unread 11 Feb 2012, 18:27   #50
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
CT has consistently and intentionally avoided blocking over the last few rounds in part to keep the game interesting.
I lol'd.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote