User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Feb 2003, 17:16   #1
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Trains London-Reading

I'm going to the reading festival in August and I'm trying to get flights and stuff organised.

So I want to get a cheap-o easyjet flight from belfast to Gatwick/Stansted/Luton and then the train to reading

Cant find what I'm look for on the net and I'm just wondering from which airport would it be easiest to get a train to reading?

Cheers
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 17:16   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Come fly with me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 17:17   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Let's fly, let's fly away.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 17:17   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Using the Crowley convention rules of 1903 you can get straight from London-Reading-Mornington Crescent
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 17:27   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

The most obvious course of action is not to go to The Reading Festival. That's what I would do.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 17:31   #6
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Standsted.

The get the standsted train to liverpool st. or victoria, forget which it is (around 30 min journey)

then get train to reading.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:07   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Gatwick

There is a Reading to Gatwick line. Which is nice.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:08   #8
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Using the Crowley convention rules of 1903 you can get straight from London-Reading-Mornington Crescent
careful though, the nash convention prohibits parallel moves, you can't then go to slough
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:12   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
A simpler time.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:22   #10
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
fly into liverpool from belfast international using easyjet, get a train from liverpool to reading. bus from liverpool airport to liverpool lime street station runs every 30 mins or so for £2, and i dunno how much a train from liverpool lime strt to reading would be. you could probably find out on http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

i get home from liverpool all the time (well, cept im in stoke)
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 19:48   #11
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 22:00   #12
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
Gatwick

There is a Reading to Gatwick line. Which is nice.
and the winner is bloomers for providing the most accurate information , trains every 30-45 mins take about 1 1/2 hour to get from gatwick to reading
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 22:34   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
How about the South West Trains service to Reading?

Calling at London Waterloo, Clapham Junction, Richmond, Twickenham, Feltham, Staines, Egham, Virginia Water, Sunningdale, Ascot, Martin's Heron, Bracknell, Wokingham, Winersh, Winersh Triangle, Early and READING.

I take that every morning to college.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 22:35   #14
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Tobe
and the winner is bloomers for providing the most accurate information , trains every 30-45 mins take about 1 1/2 hour to get from gatwick to reading
i know my trains! shame i don't know my streets. i guess i've never bothered to look at their names.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 09:46   #15
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Blastoderm
How about the South West Trains service to Reading?

Calling at London Waterloo, Clapham Junction, Richmond, Twickenham, Feltham, Staines, Egham, Virginia Water, Sunningdale, Ascot, Martin's Heron, Bracknell, Wokingham, Winersh, Winersh Triangle, Early and READING.

I take that every morning to college.
This is the route i take EVERY year
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 12:21   #16
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
There are trains direct from Gatwick to Reading -- www.railtrack.co.uk for timetables.

There is a "Rail-Air" coachlink from Heathrow to Reading (you can probably find the times for this on the same webpage)

from Luton:
Train from Luton Airport -> Kings Cross Thameslink (or a couple go to St Pancras) -- Tube transfer to London Paddington (Circle Line [the yellow one]) -- Train to Reading

from Stansted:
Train from Stansted Airport -> London Liverpool Street -- Tube Transfer to London Paddington (Circle Line) -- Train to Reading.

http://www.railtrack.co.uk -- should be able to give you the best routes and stuff.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 13:49   #17
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say Gatwick as i have to take the reading train everyday to go to college i dont go all the way.

As from Gatwick there are direct trains to Reading ( + some stops)
if there arent take the train to redhill and there be trains to reading.

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 13:49   #18
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
You could always try flying to Bristol airport. Catch a bus to Bristol Templemeads Train station and then straight through to Reading.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 16:51   #19
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
having gone from belfast to reading yesterday (admittedly via plane then car) i can probably tell you with some accuracy that the cheapest flights are to bristol, then you can get hte bus from outside the airport every half hour to bristol bus station (it took a lil under 30 minutes) and then from the bus station get national express to reading (www.nationalexpress.co.uk) or you can get the train as little timmy just said which costs about £25 if you book in advance etc.

the alternatives are belfast - gatwick (probably about £80 for the return flight) which as someoen said would need the train from there, or heathrow (similar prices) which you cna either get a train from there to paddington, then a 30 minute trip for a tenner to reading. then stansted or luton which are both a bit further away, and would require multiple changes in bus/train including london underground which is usually pretty good but the underground cna be an arse..

i guess it all depends on how much cash you have and how much **** ure bringing with you

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 17:47   #20
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for all your help guys I think I'll go to Gatwick assuming the train station is very near by as I have a tendancy to take the wrong busses etc.

I can get to gatwick for under £30 return coz I'm booking early and easyjet are pretty cheap.
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 23:30   #21
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
the statation is like under neath the airport (south terminal)

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 23:32   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Well, I certainly won't be there.