User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 18:03   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
India Scam...

I got this in my Gmail today - I noticed in the Spam (1) link

Quote:
[email protected]
to me
More options Nov 9 (19 hours ago)
Dear Friend.

Do not have pity or feel sorry for me, as you read this mail because, I believe death is a debt that we all owned to almighty God.
I am Rashid Kareem, a merchant from Dubai; in the (U.A.E.) I have been diagnosed with "esophageal cancer" which has defiled all forms of medical treatment. Right now, I have only some few months to live, according to medical experts.

I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my business. Though a very rich man, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and focused on my business which was the only thing I cared about. I now regret all this because I have realized that there is more to life than just to have a selfish desire toward money in this world.

If God gives me a second chance to come to this world I will live my life a different way from how I have lived it. (More peaceful and more dedicated to the will of God) Now that I may soon die, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul.
For this reason, I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, churches and as well as individuals, so that this will be one of the last good things I do on earth. So far, I have given some money to charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked some members of my family to empty one of my accounts and distribute the money to charity organizations in Bulgaria and Pakistan; they did not but kept the money to themselves, because of their selfish needs. For this reasons, I do not trust them anymore, because they seem not to be contended or satisfy with what I have left for them.

The very last of my money which no one knows about is the huge cash of US$28.9M (Twenty-eight million, Nine hundred thousand United States dollars) that I kept in two trunk boxes and deposited as personal belongings with a private finance/Security Company in Europe. I will want you to help me collect this deposited money and distribute it to charity organizations and churches.20% of the total sum will be for you for your time, patience and your acceptance to help.

Please note that you will not be able to reach me on phone except by emails because of my present situation. I may send to you the pictures from my sick bed for verification purposes, if you agree to take up this responsibility.
I will also give you the contact information of my lawyer that will guide you through in the process of collecting the deposited trunk boxes of funds, from the Security Company.

I await your immediate response,

God be with you.

Rashid Kareem
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 18:08   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: India Scam...

Last I heard Dubai was no where near India

Also why would he give money to churchs when he believes in reincarnation

Thank you for alerting me to this new and dangerous side of the Internet.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 18:09   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Another variant of the "nigeria-scam".
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 18:12   #4
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Go for it androme, you never know it might be real.

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 18:18   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: India Scam...

Anything titled 'Dear Friend' is from someone who is almost certainly not your friend.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 19:14   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Anything titled 'Dear Friend' is from someone who is almost certainly not your friend.
The truth hurs :(

Will you be my friend? : >
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 23:23   #7
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point

He keeps almost 30 million dollars in two trunks? Wow.
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 23:56   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

string him along, we could do with a good 'sa' type story at the moment
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 05:33   #9
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

A scam with fairly good english and no spelling errors that I could spot?

.... sounds too good to be true
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 06:49   #10
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

esophageal.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:42   #11
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I got one of them on my Uni Account. It was the first email sent to it. Is this a sign?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:58   #12
Burbank
Banned

Burbank is an unknown quantity at this point

i just wanted to say, when i read "india" and "scam" together like that, i thought it was a cricket thing.

i supose i was being prejudicial against those match fixing bastards, because it now appears they have branched out into email scams
Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:35   #13
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azof
He keeps almost 30 million dollars in two trunks? Wow.
Gold is made into a large number of different bars of different weights. The most well known are the large 'London Good Delivery Bars' which are traded internationally. These weigh about 400 Troy Ounces, i.e. 12.5 kg/ 27 lbs. Each

Current price of Gold per Troy Oz : $433.40
Value of Gold Bar = $433.40 * 40 = $173,360
$30 million / $173,360 = 173 bars.

Reckon that'll fit into two trunks?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 15:51   #14
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Dunno, but if you empty your pension we should be able to try it!
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:19   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: India Scam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Gold is made into a large number of different bars of different weights. The most well known are the large 'London Good Delivery Bars' which are traded internationally. These weigh about 400 Troy Ounces, i.e. 12.5 kg/ 27 lbs. Each
1 Troy ounce = 1/12 lb, so 400 troy ounces is 33.3 lbs (15.1 kg).
Quote:
Current price of Gold per Troy Oz : $433.40
Value of Gold Bar = $433.40 * 40 = $173,360
$30 million / $173,360 = 173 bars.

Reckon that'll fit into two trunks?
Well it would easily fit into one trunk; but the email clearly says dollars/cash/money--not gold. And $30M in gold would weigh almost 3 tons.

Your typical Columbian Drug Lord Briefcase[tm] can hold about $1M in US currency (100 full straps, each containing 100 x $100 notes). So you'd need to get about 15 briefcases-worth of currency per trunk.

Each note weighs about 1 gram so 10 kg or 22 pounds per million dollars, 660 pounds for $30M; or 330 pounds per trunk.

I think two large trunks would be doable.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:24   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The trunks could just be full of a load of IOUs like in Dumb and Dumber because having an IOU is as good as having the money .
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 19:13   #17
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Dunno, but if you empty your pension we should be able to try it!
I'm not allowed to.

The IMF has restricted me to withdrawing only a certain amount per year, for fear of flooding the International monetary markets with too much liquidity.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 09:37   #18
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope this God Allmighty fella do him good in severall horrisontal activities -too hars to mention here, when he finnaly dives inn..