User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Aug 2004, 18:00   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
PA dumpfile analysis code (alliance techies?)

Does anyone have any code (any language will do) that reaps the dumpfile and plops it into a db? Preferably without removing any old info (I'm planning on putting this on a box that can take a round worth of dumpfiles).

I've been considering doing some form of statistics on planet, galaxy and alliance performance and would appreciate any reduction of work that's already been duplicated too many times. If I ever get it done (I'm aiming for before r12 starts, so I should have plenty of time ), the code will naturally be made available to anyone who wants it.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 21:38   #2
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: PA dumpfile analysis code (alliance techies?)

edit: found you on irc, done
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 20 Aug 2004 at 21:54.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 22:33   #3
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much.
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 20:14   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Is there any particular reason to create a seperate column for 'roid rank' instead of using selects on demand?
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 16:20   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

General Martok: I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to release the code more publically. It would be nice if more coders were willing to release some of their code so perhaps a code repository can be put together to aid smaller alliances whom maybe dont have the resources to code from scratch themselves.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 17:10   #6
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I'll rewrite it a bit and include comments then, I dont want to be embarassed by the entire php community
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 17:14   #7
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

In the spirit of the day here's some scripts I used for a couple of rounds to process the dumpfiles:

http://www.blazde.co.uk/pa/inca.tar.gz

Includes stuff to download, add to a database, and a simple web interface showing a planet's score/size for every tick and an attempt to discern their activity based on how smooth their score is.

Comes with even less support than bcalc, and 100% guaranteed not to work out of the box. Iirc it last worked in rd10.5 before the alliance dumps or the extra columns to the other dumps.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 17:21   #8
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
General Martok: I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to release the code more publically. It would be nice if more coders were willing to release some of their code so perhaps a code repository can be put together to aid smaller alliances whom maybe dont have the resources to code from scratch themselves.
If i think back looooong ago when there was a try to find coders for a official PA toolkit, one of the preconditions was that the author basically had to donate the rights of all code to FS/CCP (which was exactly the reason why i never applied/participated in it). Several months later however MIT got to do the official PA Tools. Did CCP drop that precondition? Or doesnt CCP want to release the code (or parts) of MITs Tools itself?
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 02:38   #9
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

I'd release my stuff, but it's all python and pgsql so no one would use it.

Damn punks and their php/mysql.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 22:34   #10
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Jester! My good friend! Pal!

Python and pgsql is perfect... let the n00bs meddle with their inferiour tools...

So.. would you release it? I might not actually use it, but I'd like to have a look at what's been done.. and I'd use python/pgsql over php/mysql any day

PS. Why isn't this thread in the programming forum?
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n
Epcylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 00:22   #11
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Because I would never have gotten the attention of PA techies in the programming forum. Besides, it's nothing like it was in the day of Scripting and Resources or whatever it was called.

So far I only have a somewhat hackey script for grabbing the botfiles and stuffing them in the db, plus some prototypes for the more advanced stuff I want to do. When I've decided completely on what database structure I want, I may be able to get some of the proper stuff going.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 21:46   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I would release the ones I coded for eclipse/1up (and a few others too), but I am not the best or the tidiest coder. My code comes with less comenting than a mute on a sponsored silence. If alliances want to use my 'stuff', they are more than welcome to speak to me (as a couple have done already), and I am usually willing to help out, and try and help get it working for them (time permitting).
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 22:43   #13
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Comments is just a way to put witty metacode jokes into context.
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 20:00   #14
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Comments are sexy, which is why I rarely use em..

That made no sense..

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 11:58   #15
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Hah. Commenting. Jester knows. He's right. So right. Comments were invented for slanderous abuse attacking the competition, for telling the lamest jokes and most importantly, writing an extensive and soul revelaing blog.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 20:52   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
Hah. Commenting. Jester knows. He's right. So right. Comments were invented for slanderous abuse attacking the competition, for telling the lamest jokes and most importantly, writing an extensive and soul revelaing blog.
Comments were also invented to allow you to ensure that anyone who tries to fix your code gets thoroughly confused.

That is why I don't use them, you have seen how I code, it'd confuse anybody anyway with the variable names I choose.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 14:02   #17
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

lol Bashar.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 01:33   #18
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts

Check this out. If I get some more time, I'll release the rest of the code but this should provide some people with some good ideas and direction.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=179401

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote