User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 14:47   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
playstation 2

I have just bought I new playstation 2 after giving my other playstation 2 away (coz the new ones are tiny) and I thought that my big playstation 2 had crap sound with DVD's because it was old, but my new playstation 2 sound is just as crap .
Does this happen with all playstation 2's or did i just 5hit out?
And anyone know any decent speakers I can get for it if it is just a playstation 2 fault.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:10   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: playstation 2

thanks for your help.

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:14   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Patience is a virtue.

Last edited by Structural Integrity; 25 Feb 2005 at 15:22.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:15   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Patience is a vitue.
whats a vitue?

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:16   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

patience
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:18   #6
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
patience
ok if your sure.

EDIT: I know i can't spell you're

Last edited by noah02; 25 Feb 2005 at 15:41.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:23   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I missed out the 'r' you pedantic ****.
Now go shove your playstation up your arse if it's so nice and small. Put it where it's warm.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:23   #8
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

A kick ass sound processor wiht shit ass speakers is of no use to you, I think the PS2 has fairly decent out put capabilites (has an optical out somewhere I think) so it sounds like the speakers are you problem.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:27   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
thanks for your help.
Oh hey, noone's replied to my thread in half an hour!

It's not like the forum is especially busy at the moment, there's barely been any posts today.

Furthermore, you use "words" like "5hit". Seriously, just use the letters. You look like an idiot.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:29   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Now go shove your playstation up your arse if it's so nice and small. Put it where it's warm.
I find that little exchange amusing, given that he can't spell "you're".
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:38   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Funny how I get ripped for just posting because of boredom just as you do.

I am glad I aint someone who gets offended as easily as you and I cant spell for shit my self, just did'nt think you would take things to heart like you did and rip me to shreds coz i am a disscusions board n00b.

Thanks

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:39   #12
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Oh hey, noone's replied to my thread in half an hour!

It's not like the forum is especially busy at the moment, there's barely been any posts today.

Furthermore, you use "words" like "5hit". Seriously, just use the letters. You look like an idiot.
I am an idiot, I blame my parents.

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:42   #13
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I am an idiot, I blame my parents.
what percentage of your idiocy do you blame your parents for?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 15:44   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
what percentage of your idiocy do you blame your parents for?
I can't work out percentages

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:07   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Funny how I get ripped for just posting because of boredom just as you do.

I am glad I aint someone who gets offended as easily as you and I cant spell for shit my self, just did'nt think you would take things to heart like you did and rip me to shreds coz i am a disscusions board n00b.

Thanks
Oh shut the **** up you whiny twat. If you can't take a bit of criticism then what will become of you. Be a man and not a crybaby.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:11   #16
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I don't know what you mean by "5hit out", but I'd say that you probably have crap speakers. The sound quality of DVD's on my (old) PS2 is just fine.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:26   #17
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

as two people above have already said - the problem is likely to be with your speakers, not the ps2.
Get a nice 5.1 set with optical in line, and enjoy.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:43   #18
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Oh shut the **** up you whiny twat. If you can't take a bit of criticism then what will become of you. Be a man and not a crybaby.

your funny hehe, having a bad day ? got out the wrong side of bed
tell you what give me some bad rep and get your freinds to aswell so it makes you feel better oh and lay of the coffee its not good for you

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:46   #19
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Maybe you need new ears? You should trade in your current ears and get smaller ears.
its just the DVD's it plays up on the games work fine for sound.

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:47   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
as two people above have already said - the problem is likely to be with your speakers, not the ps2.
Get a nice 5.1 set with optical in line, and enjoy.
I just think its weird that if i play a game the sound works fine but if i play a dvd i have to play my tv full blast.

Unread 25 Feb 2005, 16:50   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this thread destroyed my faith in humanity
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:20   #22
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My bro's PS2 is about as old as they come and i've never had any sound problems with games or DVDs.

How much did your mini-PS2 cost? Would it not have just been better to save the money and get a PS3 or whatever is out next?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:29   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
your funny hehe, having a bad day ? got out the wrong side of bed
tell you what give me some bad rep and get your freinds to aswell so it makes you feel better oh and lay of the coffee its not good for you
Yes, I'm having a bad, like most days I've had in the past few months, but that's not it.
I'm trying to be a jerk, because nice guys always finish last and don't get the Mercedes.

asshole
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:33   #24
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

I connect my PS2 to my Home Theater via an optical cable. If I put a DVD there, it's pristine quality.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:42   #25
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Inadvertantly you have summed up my entire week. I'd explain but its not important.
Everything is important on GD. Please tell.
PS2's are boring anyway.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:52   #26
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

buy a gamecube
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:58   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

solution: buy an xbox.. mod it.. profit \o/
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:01   #28
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Or a Nintendo.
You can do fun stuff with it like put a computer inside of it.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:03   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Inadvertantly you have summed up my entire week. I'd explain but its not important.
This scares me.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:31   #30
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
this thread destroyed my faith in humanity
then wtf could crashtesters do that worse?

Quote:
bad day?
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 19:25   #31
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I just think its weird that if i play a game the sound works fine but if i play a dvd i have to play my tv full blast.
ive had that before - but not on a ps2 , with my pc
fiddling with speaker settings fixed it, try the same with your ps2.
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 04:59   #32
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
My bro's PS2 is about as old as they come and i've never had any sound problems with games or DVDs.

How much did your mini-PS2 cost? Would it not have just been better to save the money and get a PS3 or whatever is out next?

It makes me wonder just how many of the PS2's sold to record are actually people buying another one due to their old one breaking down. We get it all the time (to much chargrin for the company since its less margin, because they are unlikely to buy new controllers and new memory cards).

£99-£105 for a Slim-line PS2 nowadays. The PSP is coming out this Summer (Exact date and price is unknown) but I would expect it to be between £150 and £200.

PS3 is 06 at the earliest but I suspect we might not see it on our shores till early 07 with the progress of launches for the PSP and DS.

So in answer to your question, no, not really. The PSP doesn't support PS2 games and the PS3 is at least a year away yet and most likely more.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 11:54   #33
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm trying to be a jerk, because nice guys always finish last and don't get the Mercedes.
keep the mercedes id rather have sumthing more sporty and less rich old fart

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote