User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 30 Jan 2006, 21:09   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Bittorrent connectability

I have looked through the various threads and support on Google before you ask, alas, to no luck.

Background info: Healthy PC, free of viruses, spywares, trojans, pests etc., Win XP w/ SP2, Netgear DG834G - port forwarding setup correctly, nothing reported in diagnostics, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, PestPatrol, NOD32 lines of defence & I am on Tiscali ADSL - 2MB.

They did say they were controlling my bandwidth (Tiscali) in lines with their Fair Usage Policy. However, downloading from the internet, most of the time, caps at 200kb/s+ but bittorrent (Azureus - 2.3.0.6 & uTorrent) has suddenly become ultra slow. I've updated JRE to 1.5.0 Update 6 from 5, reinstalled Azureus, checked ports - this problem has only just come up. For about 1 minute or so, it shows torrents as yellow leeching and ones seeding, in blue. Then EVERYTHING goes green however, Azureus reports that there arem't any TCP(NAT) errors & I've tired to do everything I can to try and sort this out.

I've limited no. of connections, followed portforward.com's advice, applied SP2 Connectivity fix, increased no. of connections to 50, tried EventId4223 or whatever. Pings in games have sometimes slowed every so often to 2500 before returning to normal.

Despite the fact I can sometimes be downloading at 200kb/s from internet, and I've tried VARIOUS torrents even one's with ratios of 10x seeders as leechers, does this mean Tiscali have throttled downloading on bittorrent? I've changed port from 6881 which I set to 50000+ and no success - downloads rarely going over 3kb/s most of the time not working at all and seeding fails to be working.

Thanks all.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 30 Jan 2006 at 21:27.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 21:14   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Bittorrent connectability

google says its tiscali's fault
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 21:18   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Thanks but the problem is, my connection isn't capped - it's marked as unlimited and they confirmed this. All threads relating to Tiscali and that are as late back as June 2005 (inc. that one) and on other forums :|
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 31 Jan 2006 at 15:51.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 02:30   #4
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

AFAIK if Tiscali consider you abusing P2P then they will cap you
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote