User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:00   #1
Dace

What do you class as "Drunk"

I was just thinking about this.

To me i wasn't drunk unless i have extensive memory loss (couple of hours etc).

Anything else is "just a few drinks" or "a quiet night out".

I mention this because although i don't think i'm an alcoholic i do feel the need to get drunk at least once every 2 weeks.

When i don't i cant an anxious kind of feeling that persits until i go and get wrecked.

I'm getting that anxious feeling now although a week past Saturday i drank enough to get brief memory loss towards the end of the night (5 minute intervals etc).

So where do you "draw the line"?
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:03   #2
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
when alcahol starts either tasting bad again
or doesnt taste at all.

im talking shots here.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:05   #3

when i can't walk

oh and jboy .. sort that other thread where you were doing mean to me.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:07   #4
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Theamion!
when i can't walk

See, i have never had any trouble with walking when drunk.

I think it comes from living in Glasgow.

I realised early on that if you are drunk you don't want to look it unless you want to quickly become a "victim" (and staggering home would certainly do that).
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:10   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

See, i have never had any trouble with walking when drunk.

I think it comes from living in Glasgow.

I realised early on that if you are drunk you don't want to look it unless you want to quickly become a "victim" (and staggering home would certainly do that).
well when standing up and you need to lean against the wall .. that kind of stuff

it is not that i fall or something .. but it is still 'on the edge'

when i can't walk i usually remember only bits and pieces the next day.

and in my sink there are bits and pieces.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:11   #6
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
when 'speach' becomes a problem.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:18   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
when 'speach' becomes a problem.
you can speak?

wow!!

Still.... I usually stop when I feel my head spinning around when I get up from the chair to take a piss...
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:20   #8
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Still.... I usually stop when I feel my head spinning around when I get up from the chair to take a piss...

If you plan on drinking "seriously" you should always do so standing up.

You're asking for trouble otherwise.

Just another handy hint from Rankin.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:31   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Well, I'm not that much of a die-hard drinker.... I rarely take alcohol and when I do I'm usually wasted quite fast... =/

Oh, and I don't really like beer.... unless I have a "good beer day"
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 19:35   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
im drunk as soon as i think 'hold on, i might have had 10 pints, but i can still act sober if i need to
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 20:04   #11
eple
Voodoo chile

eple is an unknown quantity at this point
when all the girls are cute (thank god for memory loss).
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
eple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 20:05   #12
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by eple
when all the girls are cute

But you live in Norway so all the girls probably are cute to begin with.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 20:33   #13
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
The official definition of binge drinking is "three drinks or more".

However, I had four beers before 11 AM Saturday without much of a buzz and I'm somewhat of a lightweight.

It's a crap definition. If you are wondering if you are an alcoholic or not ask yourself how many nights a week do you drink. Far as I know binge drinking is far less likely to cause alcoholism than a high frequency drinking schedule.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:00   #14
Flobble
Glaswegian Aussie

Flobble is an unknown quantity at this point
surely the question should be "what make you an alcoholic?"

binge drinking every night/every other night/most nights?

or

having a dependancy on alcohol which you're aware of subconsciously, but consciously dont want to admit to? ...in turn leading to the above...
Flobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:03   #15
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Flobble
surely the question should be "what make you an alcoholic?"

Nah i know i'm not an alcoholic (although the whole sitting in my flat on my own drinking vodka thing could be "worrying").

I just wanted to know how "impaired" people need to be to class themselves as drunk.

So how "impaired" do you need to be?
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:06   #16
Flobble
Glaswegian Aussie

drunk.... hmmmm.... my mum says i'm drunk when i start throwing up outside the kelvingrove art galleries on a friday night after having jumped off a number 62.... but if i'm throwing up, it's not cos i'm drunk, it's purely becuase i cant drink water after drinking alcohol.

i'm drunk when i close my eyes and feel like my brain's going round and round in my head and i just want to go to sleep... even if it's on the shoulder of a complete stranger on a bus...
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:23   #17
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Flobble
but if i'm throwing up, it's not cos i'm drunk, it's purely becuase i cant drink water after drinking alcohol.

It's funny you should mention that.

The last time i threw-up was "the-morning-after-the-night-before".

I had a headache but didn't feel too bad otherwise.

I got up and drank some water (to rehydrate myself and thereby kill off my headache).

Lying back in bed when the water hit my stomach i started feeling sick and the feeling just got worse and worse.

I was eventually forced to go and throw-up.

Luckily throwing up due to alchol is still a relatively rare occurance for me.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:28   #18
Flobble
Glaswegian Aussie

Quote:

It's funny you should mention that.

The last time i threw-up was "the-morning-after-the-night-before".

I had a headache but didn't feel too bad otherwise.

I got up and drank some water (to rehydrate myself and thereby kill off my headache).

Lying back in bed when the water hit my stomach i started feeling sick and the feeling just got worse and worse.

I was eventually forced to go and throw-up.

Luckily throwing up due to alchol is still a relatively rare occurance for me.
thankyou! at last! someone that gets the same as me! tbh, i blame glasgow water supply, it tastes rank and ti just doesnt react too well with alcohol in your stomach.
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:29   #19
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Well to be honest I cannot stand being hunched over the toilet the morning after wrenching my guts up so I've revised my limit (i.e. when Im drunk) to when I spout bullsh**t,start slurring my speech,can no longer feel the cold and when I think drinking quite a lot of shots of jack daniels would be a good idea.

That's when Im drunk,anything further than that i.e Falling over,memory loss,falling asleep is "pissed".
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:30   #20
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: What do you class as "Drunk"

Quote:

To me i wasn't drunk unless i have extensive memory loss (couple of hours etc).

Anything else is "just a few drinks" or "a quiet night out".

Same for me.

More often that not these days I have 'quiet nights out' although I do get drunk occasionally.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2002, 21:31   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Somebody buy me a drink, ta.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 04:10   #22
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i don't get 'drunk' very often
i drink until i'm feelin good.. then slow down.
when i start acting silly then i know i'm drunk.
when i start throwing up (only done twice) or can't remember things (once) then i've been pissed :\
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 05:08   #23
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn

when i start throwing up (only done twice) or can't remember things (once) then i've been pissed :\
well...Empy better get some spare towels then :\
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 13:09   #24
Car'a'carn

imo to be drunk you wanna have that buzz, loss of inhibition, slurred speech, loss of coordination, etc. ... what the **** you wanna drink more for? if i drink any more i start feeling nauseous and like the whole world is spinning (not the good kind of spinning either), you make an ass out of yourself and you can't remember ****
the three times that i've passed out / puked (they always come in pairs) i hated the experience, i drink to get stupid not to feel like crap
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 15:45   #25

Inability to speak, walk and/or move generally mean drunk to me. Plus finding any old minger sexy
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 15:52   #26
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
When i cant see
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 15:54   #27
rageybabey

Having lived in Wales for 2 years - apparently when I get drunk my "welshie" accent comes out more and I sound more Welsh... *sigh*

Other than that there really isn't a tell tale sign - except that I talk a lot more than usual and get really really really really horny.
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 16:05   #28

my girlfriend gets really horny, im usual falling into unconsciousness ny then though
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 16:56   #29
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light
total memory loss

cant remember where i was

cant remember wha ti was drinking

couldnt remember what the people i met looked like

couldnt remember if they smoked etc

AND that night i made it home

ive not made it home this week

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 18:07   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Only One time have i actually not been able to walk when drinking
This time i couldnt walk, myself and a friend drank a bottle and a half of vodka between us within 20 minutes or so. The grass in the park became the walls, and everything spun round, i was fully ****ing seperated from my body.. it was funny for around, 5 seconds. I spewed after 3 hours, and phoned my rents for a lift. I was stuck to the ground, and was scared of almost everything. If an outsider had seen me, they would have called an ambulance.

About five times i have been way over the limit (excluding the above). On these occasions ive passed out before (or mid) doing stupid things. Ive passed out on a couch, in a park(different one), and in 3 different friends houses. I normally end up getting semi-naked on this level on drunkeness. Outsiders can tell im totally ****ed, and i cant hide it.

Over twenty five times i have been (my definition of) drunk. On this level, i sing loudly, have no shame, and forget i hate people. Things are more funny, and im slower. Im also more generous, and impulsive. I have a great time. I can at least try and pretend im sober and hold short conversations. I have a 50/50 chance of being "rumbled" by outsiders.

Around thirty times i have been festive. This is when things are generally funnier, and im relaxed. I have a slight head buzz, but nothing to speak of. I am completely normal to outsiders.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 18:15   #31
Idi

i class drunk as slurred speach.
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 18:24   #32
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
IDI ****ING ROCKS
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 18:27   #33
Idi

crazy
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 18:41   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What do you class as "Drunk"

I draw the line just before I decide I can actually dance

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 19:43   #35
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I generally get my nob out and show people, when I'm steaming.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 21:13   #36
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
When I trip more than once on my way home.