User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:53   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Need info - UK Driving

Hey guys.

Need some help - need to get Category H on my driving licence and wondering if any of you have this already or could give me a bit more information on it. Have done searches and have info already, but would like some first hand advice if thats possible.

Cheers

Stu.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:02   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Need info - UK Driving

wtf is cat h ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:03   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Tracked vehicles.

I may have purchased an APC...

And of course now want to fit rather large speakers and cruise round town in it.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:12   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Lololololololol
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:13   #5
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

skiddy, where the fcuk do you keep getting all this gucci military hardware?!?!?!?!? first it was an L85A1 and now an APC?!?!?!? damn you!!!! damn you to eternal damnation in hell!!!!!!!!!!
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:19   #6
skiddy
wild one

L85 was aqquired from friends of friends.

APC was only £4700.

Should be delivered when the paperwork is completed etc (a month or so).

I can drive it now, as long as I put L-plates on, but I think that might spoil the look slightly...
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:22   #7
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

what kind of APC is it? like a Warrior or something?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:23   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

skiddy can you come help me move my stuff back to home with it ? :P
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:30   #9
skiddy
wild one

http://www.darkminds.com/hosting/images/223.jpg
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:51   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

nice.

really, do help me move stuff home in it :P
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 07:31   #11
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

You can help us move too. We got told last night we have to move out by the end of July cause the landlords want the house back. The day after my birthday, damn them!

As such, I now get to live with Marks parents for 2 months. Yay. Although its looking like it means I can leave work a month and a half earlier than expected and spend the summer lazing around, which is good.

PS - anyone who helps us move gets free booze.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 09:26   #12
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
You can help us move too. We got told last night we have to move out by the end of July cause the landlords want the house back. The day after my birthday, damn them!

As such, I now get to live with Marks parents for 2 months. Yay. Although its looking like it means I can leave work a month and a half earlier than expected and spend the summer lazing around, which is good.

PS - anyone who helps us move gets free booze.

APC - 3m wide.

Street to your house - 1" wide.

:/
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 09:31   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you know that i can help you move if you need me to, just give me some notice so that i can take the day off work
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 12:43   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
you know that i can help you move if you need me to, just give me some notice so that i can take the day off work
Somebody wants free alcohol
(Or is just a nice guy helping out!)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:18   #15
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Wtf?

An APC.... with L-Plates???
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:21   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pray tell :

1. What is the purpose of purchasing an APC apart from saying in the occasional party "i bought an APC the other day"

2. Is this APC designed to primarily pick up women? "Hey baby...wanna ride in my Armoured Assault Vehicle?"

3. Are you planning to goto war in this?

4. If 3 is right then i suggest an invasion of paris.

5. Can you even drive this on UK roads? surely the tracks would eat through the tarmac somewhat.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:19   #17
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light

i was thinkin that, you'd atleast need rubber tracks on it to have a hope of it being anywhere near road legal

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:42   #18
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

he lives in newcastle, you need that kind of protection up there
(and stew, i wouldnt call myself nice, but i have helped out before as i am only about 10 miles down the road from them)
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:47   #19
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light

i've just been informed that that thing aint exactly road legal, and they leak a **** load of oil from a pack behind the front armour plate which is a bitch to change cos you have to disconnect it from the transmission, have fun

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:51   #20
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

What the....

You have GOT to drive the thing through your local park at 4am on an orgy of destruction. Let them try to figure out wtf caused the damage :P
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:57   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what you should be doing is taking it late at night to one of those late night street racer things.

Turn up. Rev your 22litre engine and see who wants to race. If anyone is stupid enough to try it then just run over the front of whatever they are driving once you get to the finish line (3minutes after they finish)..

they might win but YOULL LOOK COOLER.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:00   #22
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

lol
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:12   #23
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
APC - 3m wide.

Street to your house - 1" wide.

:/
valid argument
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:15   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

APC Tank Tracks > Bricks and Mortar
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:21   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

i guess there are a few upsides to having an APC

You can carry more than 5 people around.

You dont have to worry about parking next to crap cars in the supermarket because it doesnt matter how hard they open their door into yours. They will ALWAYS come of worse.

If you ever do get caught speeding (doubtful but hey) you wont just get to see cop cars. Itll be the works. Helicopter gunships, armoured cars, swat vans. *ninja cool*

If your ever involved in a crash (unless its with something huge) youll probably come off the victor.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:31   #26
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
What the....

You have GOT to drive the thing through your local park at 4am on an orgy of destruction. Let them try to figure out wtf caused the damage :P
"It looks like some sort of armoured vehicle?"

"But who? So many people around here own them! It could be almost anyone!"

Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:00   #27
skiddy
wild one

Well, yes.

It's designed mainly for the date after originally meeting a girly, I can ask if she wants to go for a drive and then see the look on her face when I turn up in essentially a turretless tank.

Although, the transaction hasn't gone through yet, and now I've found a decommisioned Russian T-72 tank which is already road legal (the APC isn't, which I already knew and would have cost me a bit to make it so - regulation lights, rubber studded tracks, indicators etc...)

So now I'm thinking of getting that instead, as its only an extra £1000.

And it has an [DemonDave inserts mm measurement here] cannon on it.

Which would look great.

Only seats four people though. And slightly cramped.

The idea with the APC is to put some nicer seats in the passenger compartment and a small fridge, hooking up an antenna to the radio mast and putting freeview digital TV in the back too. Now I've checked this out with our attached REME guy, who states all this should be easy as they can run off the power for the radio - the engine has a second generator to provide power and those ruddy great boxes are power packs. So none of this should be an issue.

Then kinda cruise round the country with mates etc.

This will all take a while I know. However, the purchase shall go ahead as soon as the company tells me how much they are going to charge to make it road legal.

Of course, if this is too much I shall shop around elsewhere and see what else I can get my hands on. The general idea is to at some point in the next year to own some form of tracked armoured vehicle, be it a tank or an APC.

Still, none of you gits have answered my question yet!
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:08   #28
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

If it´s about being allowed to drive it (I didn´t read all of it), YES.

Only in Britain though. And you need a normal car licence. And I think you need to paint it in a color or design that will not associate the vehicle with any kind of military operation (so camo is right out, as is white with either UNXXX or a red cross on it)

(I know this as I have had the luxury in life to have only one TV channel in the first months I was in Spain and at one dreadful night I was forced to watch a special about some loon who drives through London in a yellow tank and yes it is fun but oh my God they should flog the producer of that program to death with a nasty whip)
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:10   #29
roadrunner_0
cynic

really skiddy, i think that you have possibly come to the wrong place for that kind of advice