User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:12   #1
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
Bubonic Plague Hits New York

BUBONIC PLAGUE HITS NY

A couple in New York are fighting for their lives after contracting Bubonic plague.

Health officials have all but ruled out a terrorist link - the infection is likely to have come from rats, they said.

But many Americans remain on tenterhooks following last year's anthrax scare and recent terrorist attacks in Bali and the Middle East.

The couple, from New Mexico, were in the city on holiday when the husband was admitted to hospital with a fever of 105 degrees.

He is now in isolation and is reported to be in a critical condition.

American media said the couple may have come in contact with the disease after using sleeping bags that had been left outside for several days.

Rats in New Mexico have tested positive for the plague.

Officials say there are 20 to 30 cases of Bubonic plague worldwide each year.

The disease killed millions in Europe and Asia in the Middle Ages.

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:13   #2
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
The rats of new York have been infected and trained by the ayrabs, 9/11 was just a big distraction
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:14   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So, do you think the jews were responsible?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:15   #4
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light
i was just wondering who was gonna get balmed here, the Bin laden or Hussain

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:15   #5
rageybabey

hahaha my m8 @ work here was just telling me about it

DID YOU HEAR: today in The Sun there's the story of a TERRIFYING horrible NUTTY Squirrel that is terrorising the town of Knutsford... hahahaha

ANIMAL TERRORISTS - what'll they think of next.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:16   #6
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by rageybabey

DID YOU HEAR: today in The Sun there's the story of a TERRIFYING horrible NUTTY Squirrel that is terrorising the town of Knutsford... hahahaha

Jedi has actually already posted about the squirrel today heh

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:16   #7
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Clearly this is a publicity stunt for "28 days later"
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:58   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:02   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Let us start guessing approximate numbers of casualties?

[OH GOSH, if it gets to spread it's really gonna be harsh!]
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 7 Nov 2002 at 18:12.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:29   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Sadly true Iniluki, does penicilin work on plagues? Is plague a bacterical infection? Or virus?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:32   #11
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Sadly true Iniluki, does penicilin work on plagues? Is plague a bacterical infection? Or virus?
It's curable I think... isn't it?
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:02   #12
nothingman

Colorado had the plague last year, if i remember right.

go CSU! \o/
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:11   #13
Dibdevlin
N/A

Dibdevlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom

It's curable I think... isn't it?
If its caught before the Pneumonic Plaque stage I think only one out of nine people die.

Both people are in quarentine, and are visiting NY from New Mexico so its more likely they acquired it there than New York.

I don't believe its contagous in its Bubonic form, its Pneumonic form is the one people need to fear the most.
Dibdevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:12   #14
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
I stubbed my toe, my fridge is a terrorist weapon !!!
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:21   #15
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Dibdevlin
If its caught before the Pneumonic Plaque stage I think only one out of nine people die.

I don't believe its contagous in its Bubonic form, its Pneumonic form is the one people need to fear the most.
It's extremely rare for bubonic plague to become pneumonic, they're pretty much different diseases, and nowhere near one in nine die these days.

All it takes (as Iniluki said) is a course of antibiotics to cure, this isn't the dark ages you know :P
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:44   #16
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
the jews were responsible
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:25   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki

The 1 in 7 probably has a lot to do with your physical fitness. If the people are healthy they should be able to fight it off.
Cue unhealthy american joke
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:29   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Dace was responsible.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:30   #19
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Dace was responsible.
He is not either Jewish.

Is he?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:31   #20
Dace

Quote:
Dace was responsible.

I didn't do it.

Nobody saw me do it.

You can't prove a thing.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:32   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
Is he?
He's Scottish, so he's probably very angry and violent and likes running people through with his sword.

So I'd say he was probably responsible.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:35   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:

He's Scottish, so he...likes running people through with his sword.
I've always thought of Brits as very polite.

But I must say I can't imagine that goes over very well at fancy dinners etc.

Perhaps I was just thinking of the English.

Quote:

Im sure if the police raided your house they wouldnt find a few test tubes marked "Plague".
Only a few tubes with the words "plag" "plage" and "plug" crossed out and a skull and crossbones drawn in.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:37   #23
Dace

Quote:
Im sure if the police raided your house they wouldnt find a few test tubes marked "Plague".

No they wouldn't.

I doubt id be that stupid.

A real terrorist would probably incubate the disease in a living host such as a pet rat (or possibly hamster ... whatever).

If the police came round then there wouldn't be anything obvious to say that said person was a terrorist (ie things like incubation tanks and test tubes etc).

The only real downside would be that you would use up alot of "pets" tho.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:37   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
I've always thought of Brits as very polite.
The civlised sections of society are. But those that dwell in the high Northern wastes tend to be more feral.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:41   #25
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

The civlised sections of society are. But those that dwell in the high Northern wastes tend to be more feral.
You're not a fking "landana" are you?
There's one of them in my flat - his grasp of geography runs to "Oxford? Thats somewhere up north isnt it?".

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:46   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
You're not a fking "landana" are you?
There's one of them in my flat - his grasp of geography runs to "Oxford? Thats somewhere up north isnt it?".

I was being sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell.

Madness!

I live in Newcastle, which is as North as civilisation goes on this island. Everything above that is in a dark-age like state whereby effective civilisation has broken down and there is a tribal society in which only the strongest survive the dark, cold climate and primitive living.*

* (This rule excludes Stockton, which is South of the given point, but is included in the description for our purposes.)

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 7 Nov 2002 at 20:52.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:50   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Oxford?
Oxford? That's in the tropics, isn't it?