User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2003, 01:55   #1
Declan
wub me \o/

Declan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wanted to post few words...

well i dunno if this kind of post is allowed here.. but i knwo it was a long time ago.. when i used to spend my time here...

Most ppl in this game dunno me i think..
Iv played from r2 ro r8.... left why pa lost its glamour for me..
tought.. as an addicted pa player... stayed inc ontact with most ppl i used to play in here.

Pa once was a cool game. with hundreds of players and a very dirty and deep politcs..

Now.. most ppl have left.. and few.. try to play.. thinking taht they could have fun like once they had.

Dont know.. but .. pa aint pa anymore.. instead of pax ... should b xpa.. would sound differented.. and i wouldnt fell like i had saw something good turning into something bad.. but just that something were dead.

maybe.. some ppl should think ( if they know ) what this game was... why it archived such success.. and why ppl is just leaving.

maybe the comercial appeal should be forgotten.. and once for a while.. forget the profiit and belive in something good. tha game dont have the 120k players like roudn3.. when we had a huge downtime.. ( most ppl remmeber that i think ) i could bet..
as a techie that i am.. that the code requires do not THAT much hardware.. like twas by that time.. when ticks took like 30 mins to run...

maybe ppl in charge.. should give this game a chance..
instead of killing its slowly.. witha cool dsing.. fancy new tools..
AND LARGE AMMOUNT OF SUCCESS OF OLD SCHOOL CLONES.

welll
here is my point.. really dont fell like flaming....
but more like.. "had to do it".

soz bout my english...

declan
the weirdo brazlian guy
from the small brazillian community

Last edited by Declan; 29 Oct 2003 at 16:37. Reason: english
Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 02:58   #2
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Wanted to post few words...

FNP 4ever

Hello Declan, long time no see.

Yeah you do have a point, but as it stands now no easily solution to bring PA back to its greatness. Who knows, maybe the new person(s?) in charge can get something going, only time will tell.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 04:23   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

well.. i hope you weren't expecting a dramatic change as soon as mrbrick stepped up. i mean we've got to let the round end first right?
be patient.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 07:27   #4
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

PA is dead simply because the balloon bursted

there's no way to enjoy it as much as in the old days any longer

(compare with 60's hippietwats)
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 11:15   #5
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

It'll be hard to bringit back to where it once used to be, very hard indeed... but we are going to try and improve it as much as we can, we're already listening to the players suggestions (suggestions forum + emails) and thinking about the future and more importantly WHAT PLAYERS WANT.

This is YOUR game, if you want to make it survive, its up to you.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 11:20   #6
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

Then I got one word for you.

fewer ships, easier names, drop the races, re-instate the thief (and make it worthwile to use, its the best ship ever), participate on GD (where the majority of people actually post, no one likes a bone serious person so be jolly, okay?), Hire Zeus and make him post the announcementts

although the tone isnt 'as formal as required', its well worth listening to..I used to be in the PACrew back in r2-4 so I do have some idea how things should be run...

hello there

(also I have no idea if the above is still in the game, re-instated or removed so take my ranting with a bit of salt and mozart)

Last edited by Idler; 29 Oct 2003 at 11:25.
Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 11:55   #7
Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
but we are going to try and improve it as much as we can
"Improving" is what killed it along with the thousands of new rules.

Listen to everyone, bring back r2,3 or 4 stats.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 12:09   #8
Idler

insert: dont listen to anyone that started in r4 or later
they really dont have any foundation to build their statements on.. (really)
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 12:10   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
Listen to everyone, bring back r2,3 or 4 stats.
Do you close your eyes everytime someone says THEY DONT HAVE THE OLD STATS and it was the vast number of players that made those rounds good rather than just the stats.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 12:13   #10
Idler

I am sure the old round stats are to be found somewhere
if one would search properly..

the vast number of players did indeedy make the game fun.
but it would have been JUST AS dull if you inserted the old 100k+ player database and inserted new rules..

believe you me, I play games for a living
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 12:41   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Do you close your eyes everytime someone says THEY DONT HAVE THE OLD STATS and it was the vast number of players that made those rounds good rather than just the stats.
I have copies of the R2/3 stats I'm sure many other's do to in fact their even availible on several websites., heres a penny go buy yourself a clue.

Also how do you have any idea what made those rounds good ? There's a lot to be said for simplicity.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 12:52   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I have copies of the R2/3 stats I'm sure many other's do to in fact their even availible on several websites., heres a penny go buy yourself a clue.

Also how do you have any idea what made those rounds good ? There's a lot to be said for simplicity.
PAteam are consistantly saying r2/3/4 stats are not available and couldnt be reintegrated into the game, anyways.

If the next round had r3 stats and 2k or even 5k players it would not be anything like the old rounds. The major factor that made those rounds good was the vast number of players. It helped prevent stagnation, it helped prevent bashing, all in all a bigger universe is a more fun universe. If you simply think that going back to old stats will magically make the game better you might want to keep your penny and use it yourself .
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:13   #13
Idler

the old PA cannot be brought back, thats really not possible

but you could bring me back the stats and some real people who know what a politician is

NOT BOT DOERS (hi, LDK, Xan, RB =yes, I am saying RB, not that stupid wing of yours, bla bla bla)

who killed syn_sid anyhow?
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:13   #14
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I must say that, in my own view, the old version of PA was FAR better than round 10 version. But that is just me.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 14:08   #15
Dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
PAteam are consistantly saying r2/3/4 stats are not available and couldnt be reintegrated into the game, anyways.

Odd for i9 they managed to recode the thief and pirate to r2 stats and they worked fine.

I can't believe this "advertising" of pa was just one half page in a comp magazine that sells less copies in a month than fhm makes in a day.

maybe advertise in fhm? :/
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 16:14   #16
Declan
wub me \o/

Dreadnought... i dont agree ..
advertising? what for?
We did that well in round 2 in round 3..
pa become the LARGEST online game.. ranked as #1 for month..
its not about advertising.. but about the old word.. community.
ppl just dont fell intrested anymore.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 16:25   #17
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

Im with Idler and others on this one. Bring back the stats from the early rounds (2-4). It was round 4 that killed off the popularity (Because they took out the best bits).

OK, I do remember there was a lot of complaints about the Theif and Pirate ships back then, but the decision was not to tweak or work on it but to remove completely.

That made the game boring.

Somewhere down the line the community got split. Im guessing a lot of people who hang about in GD gave up about round 3/4 like I did - liked the community but thought the game no longer had the appeal.

I did think to play a couple of rounds ago, but after looking at the game rules and the pointless complexities that have been introduced (Races and so forth) I didnt bother.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 18:29   #18
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idler
the old PA cannot be brought back, thats really not possible

but you could bring me back the stats and some real people who know what a politician is

NOT BOT DOERS (hi, LDK, Xan, RB =yes, I am saying RB, not that stupid wing of yours, bla bla bla)

who killed syn_sid anyhow?
Noone. He just randomly posts now and then.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 23:40   #19
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Declan

FNP :P
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 13:30   #20
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I
couldn't agree more.

But still: I like PaX better and better
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 13:33   #21
I'm Idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Noone. He just randomly posts now and then.
I might be tempted to get my act together if he would become a regular
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 14:11   #22
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

Declan! Wow, havent seen you around since Silver!
Nice post, something that was actually interesting to read
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 12:43   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

If the next round had r3 stats and 2k or even 5k players it would not be anything like the old rounds. The major factor that made those rounds good was the vast number of players. It helped prevent stagnation, it helped prevent bashing, all in all a bigger universe is a more fun universe. If you simply think that going back to old stats will magically make the game better you might want to keep your penny and use it yourself .
If PA Team say it then it MUST be true

You can't say how you can say that for certain, the Round 2 stats were unbalanced but fun, the Round 3 stats were simple, balanced and fun both sets are certainly an improvement on the calaminty of Round 10 stats, Spanner basically took races and regressed them, therefore reverting to an older model would probably make it more fun, get it ? As for the surposed lack of stagnation and bashing in Round 2/3/4 haha.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 13:42   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Who is JC and why is he making a complete fool out of himself?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 13:49   #25
I'm Idler

regarding your signature

Quote:
<Germania>but you called Fury a bully, and that is terribly unfair
the bigger kid always gets the lunchmoney (or lunchroids in this case)
it wasnt our fault your spine didnt grow powerful enough
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 13:04   #26
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Ah the good old days R3 was by far the best and most fun round. Also it was simple yet fun i mean we had no races just which path you took, War or Science.

Hey anyone remeber the old ship names like Ghost and the War/Star Cruiser etc, im getting very nostalgic now .

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 13:16   #27
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smugs

Hey anyone remeber the old ship names like Ghost and the War/Star Cruiser etc, im getting very nostalgic now .
Heh, I have a Battle Report of my 1 brave laser turret VS 200.000 Ghosts =)

Compliments of TheDevil back in r3 ^^ thedevil of yourworstnightmare I believe.
They were sent to aid BD and JuNgLiZt against little me ;DD
TheDevil being 2 billion in score or so and myself around 50 mill.
Not to mention it was incluster.. ( practicly ETA 4 )

It´s probably the round I have enjoyed the most, EVER!
It was also the round I met the most people, most of whom are still my friends today.. the ones still playing and the ones dropping in for a chat every now and then

Regardless of the terrible odds, I had great fun in c19a =)

´Rabba
From the sunny side of Barça
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 14:29   #28
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Quote:

i think i got a "copy" of pa round 3/4 somewhere. As far as i remember, it was the thing hiall got his arse banned for..

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 15:44   #29
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point

'noone' liked r3 either, memory always is fascinating
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 15:19   #30
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

How this thread can be classified as a quit message I will never know...

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 06:23   #31
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentJ
Declan! Wow, havent seen you around since Silver!
Nice post, something that was actually interesting to read
Declan! Wow, havent seen you around since Silver too! LOL

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 09:16   #32
Declan
wub me \o/

lol

funny thing bout this games...
some faces never change.

i hope for a new old round...

more fun n
less bugs.. or at least.. old style bugs =]
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 19:59   #33
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by laputa
How this thread can be classified as a quit message I will never know...
Sorry i think it might have been me when i was drunk. I dont remember all that much of the weekend.

Moved to PD.
Unread 16 Nov 2003, 21:52   #34
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

i prefer races tbh, tho didnt play rd3/4, tho if im right in thinking that all u built was just thieves n pirates, then i must say, i wouldnt want to play them stats as it would be boring clearly i have no clue and will be flamed
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote