User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Sep 2003, 12:33   #1
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

DarthMorbus is an unknown quantity at this point
Old TE members.

I've just come back to the game and I'm looking for any ex-members of The Empire [TE] who may still be around. If there are any of you about can you either send me a message through here or try and find me on IRC in #the_empire.
DarthMorbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 12:40   #2
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
I am still here

You might also want to look for NOVA, Plantman or Rabbagast.

There's still plenty of us around...

[edit] typos [/edit]

Last edited by WipeOut; 3 Sep 2003 at 12:52.
WipeOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 13:03   #3
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough
hey DM im still about and playing PA, just getting used to the new round atm but i will come chat to u on #the_empire on irc

and any other old TE'ers stand up and be counted we had a great communtiy back in the day lets see if we can get it going again
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 13:45   #4
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Good to see that at least some people are still about. Hopefully we'll get more replies as the day goes on.
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 16:10   #5
Gatewayy
1337 Idle Master :P

Gatewayy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hola DM

QNPS.TX.US.NetGamers.Org Oper
Ex PA Player
Gatewayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 16:44   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Welcome back Darth. Join The Empire alliance ingame.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 13:46   #7
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough
Crash come join the #the_empire ;-)
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 15:00   #8
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
im still here... not playing pa anymore though =)
Tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 01:15   #9
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

awwwwww too bad, its the same with most of the old TE'ers but if ur ever on irc.netgamers feel free to pop in and say lo
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 09:18   #10
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Anyone else (ex-TE) who is still around, if you can't find me on IRC, drop me a message on here and i'll get back to you. Although I should be on IRC more often than not.
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 11:50   #11
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Plantman and Eskimo are around in #newdawn occaisionally.
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 16:46   #12
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough
The good old Empire

There used to be alot of us..

I´m still around..
Though not much online these days.

Just moved to Barcelona and trying to settle in here

Reaper and Ev0 also comes online occasionally.. if not I do have their numbers so I can call them..
Mongob0ffel isn´t playing this round I think but can be found in #norge for sure if he´s online.

I´ll try to be on IRC later

Hasta la Vista

Rabba
´Tuning in from the sexeh city Barça
-
"You better watch out where those wolfies go, so you don´t eat that yellow snow..."
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 10:12   #13
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
if i remember right i was TE too
also i have stoped gameing since a while

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 12:56   #14
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Good to see that some of you are still around. If you're in contact with any other ex-TE try to get them coming back to the channel, we need to get us all together again get our community back to how it was.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 22:49   #15
Darth Ug

Darth Ug is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello

Hey Darth.
I was TE, for a short period of time. I'm back too, after an absence of 5rds.

How's it going?
Darth Ug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 20:46   #16
Narziss
Mr. DaySleeper

Narziss is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a little question...

I was part of [~TSU] and the Project Damien in Round 4!

I think it was a Meta of BDU/TSU/UV and LOST ...

I heard TSU was part of TE in Round 3...I'm just asking because I wanna know some more about the History of my first PA-alliance TSU!

What happened with TE and TSU in Round 3 - Beginning of R4?

If anybody could tell me some more about it,would be nice and very helpful....I won't forget the good old times with HC's like Buffy (The Vampire Slayer )

Cheers
Round 9: [ROCK-HBC]
Round 9.5: [ROCK]/[Wolfpack]
Round 10: [=***=]-> my last round

IRC-Channels: #Pack #Rock #TSU #Planetarion #Ministry
Narziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 21:24   #17
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Narziss

I heard TSU was part of TE in Round 3...I'm just asking because I wanna know some more about the History of my first PA-alliance TSU!

If anybody could tell me some more about it,would be nice and very helpful....I won't forget the good old times with HC's like Buffy (The Vampire Slayer )

Cheers
TSU joined TE in Round 2 after TE wave after wave of attacks to all of their strongest galaxies. After some negotiation by TSU HC, they were allowed to join in full as a wing of TE, retaining all of their own identity and some of the leadershiph.
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 00:17   #18
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Quote:
Originally posted by Narziss

Cheers

TSU joined TE in Round 2 after TE wave after wave of attacks to all of their strongest galaxies. After some negotiation by TSU HC, they were allowed to join in full as a wing of TE, retaining all of their own identity and some of the leadershiph.
At the TE was severel wings 181st Imperial Fighters, TSU and Ultra Violence aka UV. We all had a great time, there was a private room for each wing and a general private room, the wings hosted there own attack but on special accsions such as 'The Empire Vs Fury' war where all the wings took part at once. we saw some battles with over 1million ships each side.... what a mad news scan lol

TSU from what i remember slightly stronger than the other wings and as from the begging of round 3 or 4 they left TE to go on there own

thats basicly what i can remember... there might be more maybe DarthMorbus or Plantman remember more than i

[edit: general mistakes ]

Last edited by Teddy_Bear; 8 Sep 2003 at 00:39.
Teddy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 00:20   #19
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

question to Rabbagast
do u happen to like a bit of Pantera????
just by the title under ur name reminds me of a very good song
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 12:13   #20
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
hehe

I was Tsunami HC during round 3 and I think I was a Battle Commander or something during round 2.. Not so sure about that one though, I was an officer nevertheless...
Well I wouldn't exactly call us 'strong'.. If Tsunami back then had competed in contemporary pa we prolly would of been beaten by just about every alliance out there... Nevertheless we had sum good players: STRETT (HC and creator..he had the whole Backstreetboy hairdue going on though :-/), Rha, Lars_M, Kovenant, Carson, me and err many others, several of us ended up in Legion and Fury and such later on... Our attacks was definatively our weak side, on defense we worked fairly well actually.. I had a whole list of like 200 ppl in ICQ, our website was decent and private chans was on the pa irc network, keyed I believe So we prolly had our fair share of spies...
Was fun though =)
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 12:14   #21
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally posted by Teddy_Bear
question to Rabbagast
Rabbagast means something like 'rascal' in Norwegian aswell
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 12:20   #22
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesla
I was Tsunami HC during round 3 and I think I was a Battle Commander or something during round 2.. Not so sure about that one though, I was an officer nevertheless...
Well I wouldn't exactly call us 'strong'.. If Tsunami back then had competed in contemporary pa we prolly would of been beaten by just about every alliance out there... Nevertheless we had sum good players: STRETT (HC and creator..he had the whole Backstreetboy hairdue going on though :-/), Rha, Lars_M, Kovenant, Carson, me and err many others, several of us ended up in Legion and Fury and such later on... Our attacks was definatively our weak side, on defense we worked fairly well actually.. I had a whole list of like 200 ppl in ICQ, our website was decent and private chans was on the pa irc network, keyed I believe So we prolly had our fair share of spies...
Was fun though =)
larsm!
Unread 9 Sep 2003, 14:52   #23
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Teddy_Bear
question to Rabbagast
Hehe, good observation !!

Quote:
At the TE was severel wings 181st Imperial Fighters, TSU and Ultra Violence aka UV. We all had a great time, there was a private room for each wing and a general private room, the wings hosted there own attack but on special accsions such as 'The Empire Vs Fury' war where all the wings took part at once. we saw some battles with over 1million ships each side.... what a mad news scan lol
You are forgetting Phantom Fighters, who had several good "Fleets/Squadrons" organised aswell..

Rabba
´Tuning in from the sexeh city Barça
-
"You better watch out where those wolfies go, so you don´t eat that yellow snow..."
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 19:06   #24
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

There was also Alpha Wing under the command of Bartok. Although he did seem to have a habit of not really running his wing that well and making policy calls for the alliance against the rest of the HC. I remember at one point during round 2 I ended up running the alliance on my own. I had talks with Legion about an alliance and these were pretty advanced, move to uni, got back online and found that TE had decided to attack Legion despite me telling them not to. I think that was about the point I left and ended up in Legion for round 3 before I left the game.
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 20:01   #25
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthMorbus
There was also Alpha Wing under the command of Bartok. Although he did seem to have a habit of not really running his wing that well and making policy calls for the alliance against the rest of the HC. I remember at one point during round 2 I ended up running the alliance on my own. I had talks with Legion about an alliance and these were pretty advanced, move to uni, got back online and found that TE had decided to attack Legion despite me telling them not to. I think that was about the point I left and ended up in Legion for round 3 before I left the game.
hmm.. I don't quite remember how it was.. But I do believe that they attacked us, simply cuz we had no official agreements and not the other way around..
I could ofc be wrong though...

Tesla
Unread 10 Sep 2003, 20:22   #26
Gatewayy
1337 Idle Master :P

Gatewayy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey TEers , DM yeah if I recall correctly (but my memory can be quite crap ;P) it happened something like that. I was pretty much standing if for ya around that point I think. Things kinda fell apart not to long after that as we lost a lot of the leadership to Legion. I can't really talk though as I ended up amongst their ranks myself. *g*

QNPS.TX.US.NetGamers.Org Oper
Ex PA Player
Gatewayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 03:44   #27
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Well, after speaking to Legion HC I got the side of the story I posted there, they were very interested in an alliance with us (we would have been to them what RB were to Fury). After the alliance fell apart they decided to recruit me into Legion, so after a break from the game I joined up.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 16:18   #28
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthMorbus
Just to add comment.

As a member of Alpha wing, I think the wing was run well enough and if I remember correctly, Bartok spend the whole time trying to build one of the fastest growing alliances the game had seen and keep it stable and credible, at no point do I remember him making any policy calls that were not put before other HC's for agreement before being implemented.

I dont remember a time when any member of HC had to run the alliance on their own, the only time may have been when Bartok was on holiday for a week or so. It was during this time that the war with Fury was started (and practically ended) as many of our member jumped ship and joined Legion, leaving TE in tatters.

I personally dont remember any active decision to attack Legion and I dont know why the war with Fury was started in the first place.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 18:41   #29
Tesla
Custom User Title

seriously.. TE never attacked Legion I believe.
The way I think it went down: (Diamonds or whoever feel free to correct me if u still remember)

Well when Legion broke from WaC etc, it was partly cuz they were growingly annoyed wiv the fact that WaC had naps wiv every bloody alliance out there.
So I imagine that they were never interested in us as such, as they probably thought (and were pretty much correct) that we were bloated and unorganized and pretty much only a super power in the name and from hiding under WaCs wing all round.
Fury proved to be a way better run alliance then TE in the war, and they efficiently anhiliated us whilst our command and most big members continously jumped ship to Legion and wherever.

Tesla
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 00:18   #30
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

There were quite a few decisions Bartok went against the HC for. The main one I remember is that we decided to close recruiting except for via invite directly into a wing by the WC or WVC only so Bartok decided to introduce the recruitment wing allowing people to just apply to that without any referal.

Also there were many times when I was the only member of HC available for days on end, I ended up having to make policy decisions on my own as everything else was just too slow and we weren't getting anything done.

Well I got my information about TE attacking Legion from both Diamonds and Biggdogg. At this point I had already left TE and they were two of only three people who knew I was back in the game. At the stage we were discussing an alliance it was after Sid had offered me the truce with Fury so all of the members who had been in for just protection had jumped ship elsewhere (I'm not including the people who left for Legion in this as these people had generally defended the alliance and not recieved and defence themselves). The Fury war was started as Fury were looking for a target to attack, they believed that we would be the greatest test for them.

Also a point I'd like to make is that during the Fury/Legion war against Blue Tuba TE was also involved. We were fighting on the same side as Legion and Fury (which some of our members weren't too keen on due to Fury). The reason I decided to enter us into this war (I didn't discuss it with the rest of the HC as Tasha head of Phantoms had already told his wing to go with my decision and none of the other HC were around) was because we were already going to enter we just hadn't decided what side. I had already stated I wanted to enter the war on the side of Legion (I had friends from TE in there) while others wanted to enter on the Tuba side. The reason I made my decision was based on the fact that when Fury hit a large Tuba planet they attacked one of our planets to escape the Fury ships. They lost all of their ships to our defence and lost most of their roids to Fury. After this I entered us into the war against Tuba and we participated in numerous joint attacks with Fury and Legion.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 09:10   #31
Tesla
Custom User Title

u win :p

Its too far back for me to remember what actually happened, I just have glimpses so I'll take ur word for it
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 05:27   #32
DarthMorbus
Dark Lord of the Sith

One part I forgot is that apparently Legion were carrying out retaliation attacks on planets within TE galaxies but not TE planets themselves. For some reason this led to TE attacking Legion. The TE/Legion war and the removal of me from HC for no reason other than I was moving up to uni so was without an internet connection for a little bit of time were the reasons I walked out of TE.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 02:04   #33
Diamonds

Diamonds is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Old TE members.

Hi DM and all you other old members of TE ). Just browsing through these boards, and how could I miss a post like this ;o)

Hmmm... It sure is a while ago but as far as I can remember many of the new members of Legion at that time had come from TE and still had sort of a soft spot for their old alliance. Due to this there really weren't any attacks until TE launched a full scale attack on a Legion planet. TE's bad luck that TiG led the defence and counterattacks if I remember right

And btw. I still have a soft spot for TE, the first alliance I ever joined in the game, and where I met some of the people i played most with throughout the game.
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 21:27   #34
[TE]Chrono

Huge bump :eek: !

If I recall correctly, just a few months later, all the ex TE HC were then Legion HC. Plant tried his best to keep us going, and did a damn nice job. Then came the merger to ViruS. A bunch of us loyal TE'ers banded together, stormed #the_empire, and re-formed TE yet again. Lot of people who went to ViruS returned, and happy times were shared by all . I think the determining factor (if I remember correctly) was when PA turned into a pay site. I know a lot of people left, inc me cause I had no damn monye! When I came back to idle, the TE room was about empty.

The fury war...I don't think many of us slept maybe 3 hours at a time without logging in and checking our planets lol. I was the first to get Incoming, sons of bitches Though we didnt really win the war with legion or fury, we did win some good battles. Like when we turned that top 10 Legion player into a n00b again. (went from like 132 mill to like 300k or something) Joined TE in round 2, stayed with tehm until I quit when PA become pay only. Damn good times and memories, wouldn't trade them for anything.

Lost contact with a bunch of old TE that I was good friends with; ICY, Plantman, AWOL, pulsar, too many to list. Anyone got their email or anything? Spoke to ICY the other night on IRC, still a drunkard....then again, there were only about 2 sober people in all of TE

Chrono of Cross
Galactic Command of Voiceless Screaming (8:23/32:14)
Proud Member of The Empire
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 14:54   #35
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Reading all this (yeah, bored ) i remember i was in TE end of R3 / first half of R4, after only starting PA halfway through R3. Only name i remember is Plantman. Oh and MdntSniper who finished top 10 in R4 but think he left soon. I also left TE that round because it was going nowhere i think (can't really remember much from that time), ended up in G-II where i got some nice defence ocassionally at least. Left for some time after R4 anyway and started all new as random with basically no contacts in r7. My nick back in those times was tnvnu2.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 15:45   #36
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Think I might have been part of it for a short while during round 4, but I moved around different alliances that round, could be mixing it up with TGE (the galactic embassy)
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 00:20   #37
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't actually checked these boards in months, so imagine my surprise in seeing a thread about TE on page 1. I idle full time in #the_empire, as does Gatewayy, Teddy and a few others. Anyone is welcome to join us. Every once in a great while, we even have conversations!
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 20:32   #38
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized it was 2 years old when I had read half of it :/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 20:28   #39
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother and cousin were part of TE during Round2. Stormcrow and BMF were the nicks as i remember. wanting to say that Stormcrow was an officer in the Ultra violence wing of TE but not sure.

the main thing i remember about you guys was when Fury decided it was time to show PA it was worthy of its name and cnuted you in the middle of Rd2. i remember watching my bro and cousin go from being upbeat about the starting of the war to complete desolation as galaxy after galaxy was torn to the ground by the Fury machine.

ah well, i left PA after round 9, never to return again as the new changes to the game have made it a hyperiums clone instead of what it should have been.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote