User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Dec 2002, 11:11   #1
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Who would have won...

...if round had continued?

It's pretty clear that in current universe LDK has most top planets, and Titans&allies rules the universe screen (and especially roid ranks not showin in uni screen).

But what if PA hadn't come crashing down?

From my perspective, at least Titans didn't seem to have any trouble at all (well, not any more than we had trouble against Adelante/Fang/Fury before). But of course that's one-sided. For all I know, Ely&co could have been in the process of wiping out Virus, before moving on to Titans soon after.

So, would there have been serious competition for the top of the universe?

Or were the new enemies of Titans&co too unmotivated to aid Fury, or to get in the line of fire against war-hardened Titans&co after their relatively peaceful early round, or whatever? Or was the balance of the round already shifted too much in the favor of Titans&co, and it would have been too late anyway?

Well, I personally believe there would not have been much change in the top rankings. More previously "neutral" high ranking planets would have been roided, while some Fury planets would have been higher in the uni screen at the end of round. But overall there wouldn't have been radical change compared to current situation.

But I'm very much biased
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 11:27   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
SL

ROF ROF ROF LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

FAP FAP FAP LOL LOOOOOOOOL

long time we saw a good SL joke, innit?

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 3 Dec 2002 at 11:39.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 11:30   #3
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
There was plenty of life left in the round...just look at the impromptu allcomp when PA went down to see the activity. I'd have liked to see some of the plans get a chance to finish off.

I actually think it was far too early to be sitting on the top....certainly from a galaxy point of view. Bit like being a sitting duck with a bulls eye on your back. The history of the round already showed how possible it was to take out planets and even galaxies one at a time.

Trin
Madcows HC
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 12:10   #4
HOPupNdown
Last of the plushies

HOPupNdown is an unknown quantity at this point
lol @ "Ely&co could have been in the process of wiping out Virus, before moving on to Titans soon after. "
not that i give much credit for virus , but they are certainly
good enough to handle ely and wp
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 12:37   #5
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who would have won...

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki

It's pretty clear that in current universe LDK has most top planets, and Titans&allies rules the universe screen (and especially roid ranks not showin in uni screen).

But what if PA hadn't come crashing down?

From my perspective, at least Titans didn't seem to have any trouble at all (well, not any more than we had trouble against Adelante/Fang/Fury before). But of course that's one-sided. For all I know, Ely&co could have been in the process of wiping out Virus, before moving on to Titans soon after.

So, would there have been serious competition for the top of the universe?

Or were the new enemies of Titans&co too unmotivated to aid Fury, or to get in the line of fire against war-hardened Titans&co after their relatively peaceful early round, or whatever? Or was the balance of the round already shifted too much in the favor of Titans&co, and it would have been too late anyway?

Well, I personally believe there would not have been much change in the top rankings. More previously "neutral" high ranking planets would have been roided, while some Fury planets would have been higher in the uni screen at the end of round. But overall there wouldn't have been radical change compared to current situation.

But I'm very much biased
is this some way to throw some propaganda to us? I mean it's pretty obvious who won the round etc, no need to start a discussion about it.

Also mind you, LDK + titans AND allies would have won the round. None of those alliances achieved anything ALONE, what they achieved is a group result and doesn't reflect what 1 alliance is capable of.

rgds Kj (and no I'm not bittered, it's simply the truth )

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 12:38   #6
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by HOPupNdown
lol @ "Ely&co could have been in the process of wiping out Virus, before moving on to Titans soon after. "
would be s nice to be allowed to proove u wrong
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 12:52   #7
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I doubt that very much. Regardless I do think Titans/LDK would have still won this round but Titans would in all likelyhood have had some defeats on a number of their planets. However because there was only 3 or so weeks left in the round this probably wouldn't be enough to prevent them, let alone LDK, from winning.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 12:58   #8
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm certain we would have won, when PA went down we were already fully at war with WP/Ely/Fury/NoS/FAnG for 5 days. And we wern't losing roids. The only roids we ever lost were from people who got over burned and slept too long, and we didn't find out till eta 1 or 2.

Lots of top enemy planets were already in vacation mode with even more going into vacation mode.

If the round had continued it would have just allowed us to remove all non-allied players from the top 100, then move onto the top 250.

Shame really.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 13:40   #9
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
if the round hadn't crashed, LDK would probably have ended with the nr 1 planet, but their 'block' wouldn't have won. (Pretty much r6 ending scenario.)

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 14:03   #10
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
if the round hadn't crashed, LDK would probably have ended with the nr 1 planet, but their 'block' wouldn't have won. (Pretty much r6 ending scenario.)
Too much momentum - I doubt very much that you would have been able to take loads and loads of planets out of the top250 by the end.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 14:08   #11
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Who would have won...

Quote:
Originally posted by Urkki

Here you go, list with all scores/roidcounts...

R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 14:13   #12
Lord_Dain

I think it's pretty apparent if they round had continued I would have won...

No I mean [ILY]

We rock.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 19:41   #13
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Too much momentum - I doubt very much that you would have been able to take loads and loads of planets out of the top250 by the end.
conjecture and supposition did not a round winner crown

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 19:47   #14
HOPupNdown
Last of the plushies

HOPupNdown is an unknown quantity at this point
possible .
i would love to roid your defenseless members planets when you do try to prove me wrong . (even tho it was getting damn hard to find 'WE' planet in score range)

Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
would be s nice to be allowed to proove u wrong
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 19:49   #15
Whis
never

Quote:
possible .
i would love to roid your defenseless members planets when you do try to prove me wrong . (even tho it was getting damn hard to find 'WE' planet in score range)
Probably says more about your intel than anything else.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 20:44   #16
Fraggle

I think the only difference in the round would have been that WP/Ely would have gone down with virus in a very heated war. Unfortunately for WP/ely, titans and ldk helped virus. Other then that the same results would happen as this round; ldk and titans would be argued over who 'won' and fury would find some remote reason to say they won, or no one did.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 21:10   #17
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quite how you can guage a winning alliance in a random universe where half the top 100 have at some point alliance hopped or switched sides to avoid getting cnuted is far beyond me.

Now if you were asking which galaxy or which player was gunna win the round then thats a different story.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 21:20   #18
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Wp/ely/dragons took down 26:9 there happend to be 3 virus there they went down in the drain. or 2 then,this guys defected from other alliances and did got hostile from not just wp/ely.
But a wide range of alliances in several waves.the next day the ego was high and you guys moved on to another gal..that didnt work..none of the waves landed and you had total 7 guys that forgot to recall!
and we have a jurgen thighy takeing the glory for it. calling that attack better organised than the girlie/darki attack,they attacked 1 gal when we took down darki/girlee we had to fake and attack many other planets also. WP/ely fence sat the whole round and thats why they had some planets with good score.
Point is ely/wp recruited the leaveing planets from fang/fury,and was kinda then forced off the fence.
Wp/ely would never have cnuted virus,what would have happen is and call me jesus. Ely/wp members have gottn tierd of defending the new high ranked ppl that have come from fang/fury.
Eventually we would have taken they down aswell,no offence to wp/ely but i seriously think fury/fang is alot better organised and they had to give up/quit/go into vacation. all runs out in speculations but i was not scared the first day we started to get wp/ely (and old fury) incomming.
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 22:47   #19
Whis
never

lol
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 10:43   #20
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Who would have won...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
is this some way to throw some propaganda to us? I mean it's pretty obvious who won the round etc, no need to start a discussion about it.
No, there's no contest who's at the top atm. I just wanted to hear if there are a lot of people who think Titans&co would have gone down if game has continued. But that has been now adequately answered in another thread.

Quote:

Also mind you, LDK + titans AND allies would have won the round. None of those alliances achieved anything ALONE, what they achieved is a group result and doesn't reflect what 1 alliance is capable of.
Which 'allies'? Virus is just one ally, and allied only very recently. Or are you referring to everybody wanting to bash Fury at the start of the round, hehe? I don't think that was an alliance .

Also, nobody has ever achieved anything alone in PA. And looking at member count of Titans+LDK, and comparing it to member count of Fury/Fang/Adelante, I think the war reflects what these alliances could do individually a lot.

Another note, why is it mostly Titans+LDK a the top, and not the 'allies' you speak of?
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 15:51   #21
DoGziLLa

I think I know the reason why FAnG didn't win this round!

I had to quit Planetarion and then also FAnG(my alliance), and then I was pretty big :/

But my galaxy was also a reason why we didnt win, every alliance attacked us

Lrytas, m0ns00n was in my galaxy :/
Me and Lrytas was the only active though..

But the reason why titans won is because i had to leave PA.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 08:39   #22
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
LTV & Co never felt the full impact of the coalition that was formed.

Numbers can be a bitch.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:24   #23
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
hum... logbat: what was that other gal we were targetting, coz I really can't remember any that we would have launched against.
Maybe u could inform me about it? I remember sum fake launches against dovey since we heard virus planning how to take smasher down, but nothing more. We sent there like 9 fleets of mostly vultures.

And to scouse try ask doon about if we were fully war. I thought doon was hc and if titans were fully war with wp why didn't your hc know about it? or was it your secret war mission maybe?

Anyways for last 3 days of round I was away and I dunno what my group did at that time. Got sum sms, but didn't pay that much attention since I was "sleepin" with my gf.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:33   #24
Stals
Retired

Stals is an unknown quantity at this point
From what i saw i can tell for sure that Fury would deffo loose against Titans, as I was in Fury untill two weeks before game crashed. Fury defended their people pretty good, but were never able to cover all the incommings on their members.
Just an example of me having incommings from top #1 and #2 planet three times, without any defence was also the reason I left Fury, but it also show they did bad priotities
LDK and Titans would won the round, and if they would have split up to try win the war as a single alliance when the others had been beated down I'm unsure who was the strongest...

Now I just look forward to a new round with new owners and new hope...
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
WC2 TiG's Terriffic Tribe (winner galaxy!)
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R12 1uP MO (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Stals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:43   #25
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Sakera is an unknown quantity at this point
Virus was clearly the weakest of the Titans/LDK/DTA/Virus block, and we got trough on more Virus planets than Titans/LDK/DTA alltogether. Nuff said, I doubt anyone else than virus themselves (maybe Titans/LDK/DTA just to show their "lojality") will argue against that. Virus would have gone down, and with half the universe targeting them rest of the block (Titans/LDK) would also bend.
Round 3: 79:11:1 - Fx9
Round 4: 30:14:8 (Smurf Village) - Fx9/Elysium/Fury/NFU
Round 5: 21:4:1- Fury/NFU
Round 6: 27:13:3 - Silver/Elysium
Round 7: 21:21:11 - Elysium
Round 8: 45:7:4 - Elysium
Round 9: 40:9:1 - Farmer/abuser/blatant liar/providers doll
Sakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:43   #26
Handsome Sailor
Turbojugend

Handsome Sailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurgen

Anyways for last 3 days of round I was away and I dunno what my group did at that time. Got sum sms, but didn't pay that much attention since I was "sleepin" with my gf.
Aaaaaah, both pa AND rl winner!
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 14:59   #27
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
ldk/titans&co would ofc have won the round. Only stupid to say anythign else imo. I c no way the rest could take us down in a month.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 15:48   #28
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Quote:
Originally posted by Wishmaster
ldk/titans&co would ofc have won the round. Only stupid to say anythign else imo. I c no way the rest could take us down in a month.
look again.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 15:51   #29
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Sailor
Aaaaaah, both pa AND rl winner!
jurgens definition of "gf" is somewhat weird :P /me snuggles jurgen
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 16:12   #30
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Sakera
jurgens definition of "gf" is somewhat weird :P /me snuggles jurgen
I'll save my "spending the night with gf.jpg" jokes for another thread : )
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 02:21   #31
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Wishmaster
noone said it would be easy. I said when we decided to go for it, that it was hardly possible. But there were strategies to taking you down. And they were about to be implemented.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering

Last edited by RooKie; 13 Dec 2002 at 01:38.
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 15:27   #32
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I wouldn't have been much surprised if round 8 ended up like round 6, should it have continued long enough*.

*6weeks+
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 15:50   #33
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
I would have won, I have been robbed.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 13:07   #34
s3\/^

hirr
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 13:24   #35
logbat

Quote:
hum... logbat: what was that other gal we were targetting, coz I really can't remember any that we would have launched against.
Maybe u could inform me about it? I remember sum fake launches against dovey since we heard virus planning how to take smasher down, but nothing more. We sent there like 9 fleets of mostly vultures.
The day after Dragons landed on 26:9,the morale was sky high and you guys wanted to try me,No need to denie since i got the whole log Jurgen. anyway same coords from 26:9,attacked in 31:1 the next day.
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 13:33   #36
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakera
Virus was clearly the weakest of the Titans/LDK/DTA/Virus block, and we got trough on more Virus planets than Titans/LDK/DTA alltogether. Nuff said, I doubt anyone else than virus themselves (maybe Titans/LDK/DTA just to show their "lojality") will argue against that. Virus would have gone down, and with half the universe targeting them rest of the block (Titans/LDK) would also bend.
hehe well when wp/ely was Napped..then we can call it somewhat a block.But you guys never took any planets/gals so opend a new channel. got "trough" thats utterly BS we coverd and assisted others with def in that "block"
Sakera the universe was falling into semi active and the block against our block lost roids everyday. we lost some planets but not so many as you guys did. Like i said before: How long do you think your members would have accepted that old fury/fang members would have been coverd before them in the long run!
youre not makeing any sense and you baseing your words on what could have happend. MAYBE MAYBE.. but we took down fang/fury and you think we would have trouble taking wp/ely down? no offence but your two alliances put together dont come up against fang/fury in def organisation or attack for that mather, so i dont really know why i even bother answering to your posts.
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 16:37   #37
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
uhm... u really claim that fury-fang were so dead that an alliance with wp-ely-fury-fang-madcows-kon-plaaplaaplaa wouldn't have had bigger changes against titans-ldk-virus? come on logbat... we both know better than that... there was pretty much activity left in fury eventhough they were loosing. Also they had a couple last days much better than before. Dunno what would have happened with rest of univ vs. ur block... I don't claim that u would have gone down in a month, but I'm really not sure what would have happened.
I was 100% against allying with fury or even napping with them thoz. They have always been my main enemy since I think they r the best as alliance.
And even considered that nap with wp - ely helped u a bit more than it helped fury when they fall... we were attackin them with u.
or u think we really just inited the whole round? (like my gal did r6 ;-))
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 16:42   #38
Neo
Pony

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
..... but we took down fang/fury and you think we would have trouble taking wp/ely down? no offence but your two alliances put together dont come up against fang/fury in def organisation or attack for that mather, so i dont really know why i even bother answering to your posts.
logbat, I think he means that ely/wp would be able to take down virus, while others occupying LDK/Titans. Not as wp/ely could take down the entire LDK/Titans/Virus block by themselves. Or was virus defeating Fang/Fury block alone, and Titans/LDK just doing damn well at propaganda?

My own humble opinon is that, after a week of most of the bigger universe fighting crashing into the Titans/LDK/Virus block, only would come out as a point of return (r6 scenario)...

Then again, as you say... there's a tons of 'maybe' coming from both your block and the oposition. I can only think of one way of finding it out, but while that is not happening, we'll only end up in a bragging contest with everybody participating being losers.

That being said, pld politically and militarywise round for Titans/LDK/Virus so far into the round. I'd say you deserve winning this round
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 17:07   #39
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough
It's highly irrelevent to speculate in 'who would have won'

So I'll just join in and write here aswell ;D

The round ended early, and nothing got settled.
Wild speculations on what might and could have happened is just amusing to read about.
Claiming that either side could have won is as right as anything else.

There is no doubt that titans/ldk/virus/section +plushlabs had been dominating.
You can claim that fury/fang was loosing, but from what I know they were far from dead.

Looking at it from my side I honestly believe that we would have been able to give you quite a good challenge towards the end.

We had no intentions of loosing 1 month before the ticks were supposed to stop. As far as I'm conscerned, the real war had not even started yet..

My bet would be that ; coordinated strikes with wp/ely/auld/hirr/kon/madcows in addition to the ones you were already getting from fury/fang/tot and later also nos could stop you guys from winning the round.

Am I being biased here you think ?
biased is not even a good word in this context, I wonder who introduced it to ad forums anyway..

I'm looking at it from my side, and I have to believe in us and that we can achieve something together. Why should I otherwise spend endless of hours building up my alliance with friends and founding the comunity that we have. The relations we have established with other alliance and the feed back I'm getting from the makes me believe that we could've reallyed pulled this off.

I have worked with titans/ldk/virus before and I know what they are capable of. They are highly effective and very good at what they do. No use in denying that...

However they do look down abit on other alliances, which is something I think can be their weakness.
Under estimating other alliances can lead to their downfall, hello round 6 hehe.
For those of you that remember that round, will know some of the things that happened..

damn writing posts bore the hell out of me..
I gotta go

bbl maybe to add something

I didn't write a single post during round 8, and I remember now why I didn't want to...
it's pointless haha

later
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 17:15   #40
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rabbagast
However they do look down abit on other alliances, which is something I think can be their weakness.
Under estimating other alliances can lead to their downfall, hello round 6 hehe.
Hello TE v. Fury r2. Had TE properly imagined Fury's strength, PERHAPS TE would have been able to organize against them more fully.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 20:43   #41
logbat

Quote:
uhm... u really claim that fury-fang were so dead that an alliance with wp-ely-fury-fang-madcows-kon-plaaplaaplaa wouldn't have had bigger changes against titans-ldk-virus? come on logbat... we both know better than that... there was pretty much activity left in fury eventhough they were loosing. Also they had a couple last days much better than before. Dunno what would have happened with rest of univ vs. ur block... I don't claim that u would have gone down in a month, but I'm really not sure what would have happened.
I was 100% against allying with fury or even napping with them thoz. They have always been my main enemy since I think they r the best as alliance.
And even considered that nap with wp - ely helped u a bit more than it helped fury when they fall... we were attackin them with u.
or u think we really just inited the whole round? (like my gal did r6 ;-))
the activety from fury planets and fang was mostly those that defected,and what could have been our problem would have been some planets that grew big fence (if not fence sitting) atleast not being targeted in early stages of the game. But we didnt see wp/ely as a threath since they was very mutch indeed hostile towards fury,and know how they work i was very suprised getting the log from Ely meeting saying they now had a pact with fury. Why i thought Wp also had a pact was based on wp/ely was looked upon as one.Since none of those alliances wanted to do anything without the other one.
We had one night targeting Wp (dragon) before that there was a discussion if it was wise moveing the target picking from fury since there was alot of easy roids to pick there,but target where eighter defected or into vacation or very poor targets so we was forced to start on those that had a little higher ratio,but i doubt we have started to target Ely/Wp if they havent started to do joined attacks with them.

And rabba when i see many in vacation and when they are starting to flee fleet i do consider fury as dead,but they are so many so completly killed is impossible,but many alliances had higher average roid count,so id say mission acomplished!
And its safe to say if fury have been a jelly donut...there would have been jelly aaaaalll over

For the future i hope wp/ely get rid of those defecting members and dont make a habit of signing pacts with the devil
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 21:36   #42
Whis
never

Quote:
For the future i hope wp/ely get rid of those defecting members and dont make a habit of signing pacts with the devil
Coming from ViruS long standing ally of what you call the devil, heh. Compared to that this pact you speak of was barely worth anything and i'd say this was true in reality aswell. Also, your statements as would Ely have been swamped with defending lots of ex-Fury/FAnG people are totally incorrect. You talk as if Ely had recruited dozens of defectors or something.
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 00:49   #43
Neo
Pony

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
The defector recruitment is clearleh getting outa hand... I don't have members list overview, but so far I've seen atleast... uhm.. one
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 03:02   #44
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
For the future i hope wp/ely ... dont make a habit of signing pacts with the devil
Quote:
WP/ely fence sat the whole round and thats why they had some planets with good score.
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Tell the nice people who Nemi is, and what 'she' was doing on our arbiter at the start of the round.
If your going to be a hypocritical **** then at least admit to it when asked.
'ty'
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 20:43   #45
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
If your going to be a hypocritical **** then at least admit to it when asked.
'ty'
Hypocritical? what on earth are you talking about?
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 20:51   #46
logbat

Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
Coming from ViruS long standing ally of what you call the devil, heh. Compared to that this pact you speak of was barely worth anything and i'd say this was true in reality aswell. Also, your statements as would Ely have been swamped with defending lots of ex-Fury/FAnG people are totally incorrect. You talk as if Ely had recruited dozens of defectors or something.

this is comeing from me and not virus,If you had followed the actually planets movement and fleet usage you would have know what this is about,but you dont know diddly squat.
Not dozens maybe but 7-8 ely alone.
I dont know how many fury that ran to Wp but if the round have lasted for 1 week more i would have had an clearer view of that,but since i dont know this good enough im not going to bother comment it.

"Also, your statements as would Ely have been swamped with defending lots of ex-Fury/FAnG people are totally incorrect."

How sure are you that that is totally incorrect?? i had 2 friends that went from fang to ely and they would have been targeted heavy later on this game,and they both said that they are relativly sure that ely would not have coverd a 2 or 3 wave on them. I dont post if im not sure about what i post and i think thats more than you can say mr. Whis
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 21:26   #47
Whis
never

whatever you say mr. logbat
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 17:36   #48
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Hypocritical? what on earth are you talking about?
You got your own planet added to WP/Ely arbiter before the round started. You used your access to our arbiter and avoided hitting Ely/WP targets in order to keep your protection. Please define 'fence-sitting' for me again. I believe using political/covert means to avoid otherwise hostile incoming qualifies.
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 18:12   #49
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Rabbagast

There is no doubt that titans/ldk/virus/section +plushlabs had been dominating.
You can claim that fury/fang was loosing, but from what I know they were far from dead.

Looking at it from my side I honestly believe that we would have been able to give you quite a good challenge towards the end.

We had no intentions of loosing 1 month before the ticks were supposed to stop. As far as I'm conscerned, the real war had not even started yet..

My bet would be that ; coordinated strikes with wp/ely/auld/hirr/kon/madcows in addition to the ones you were already getting from fury/fang/tot and later also nos could stop you guys from winning the round.
I'm not sure about that. From my perspective, Titans/LDK seemed to be having little trouble maintaining their lead even right at the end.

I have never been a great fan of Titans (due to some ancient history ), but their performance in r8 really was quite impressive. At the end, Titans/LDK, numbering less than 250 members between them, were holding their own against a substantially larger group of alliances and, from my perspective, seemed to be winning.

It's weird really. If the round had continued for another month, and Titans/LDK had actually won, it would have arguably been the most impressive victory since r2, in terms of the odds that the winning alliance(s) had to overcome. Whilst the Titans-hating side of me doesn't like to admit it, they were actually a pretty damned effective alliance, and an excellent challenge as an enemy.

I also suspect that the round would have, to some extent, ground to a halt in the final month anyway. Roid/score ratios were becoming very bad, and it was impossible to actually roid a genuine hostile planet without overkilling it massively. We could have grown by roiding neutrals (or Virus ), but Titans/LDK already had a lead on us and we would have had to actually hurt them in order to overtake them. From my perspective, that didn't seem to be happening enough
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 18:26   #50
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
noone said it would be easy. I said when we decided to go for it, that it was hardly possible. But there were strategies to taking you down. And they were about to be implemented.
The weekend for the launch of this offensive was set, but unfortunately the servers went down the day before. So LDK/Titans/DTA/Virus never really got to see what was about to go their way

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote