User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Jul 2005, 12:57   #1
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of
Distance Learning

I've got the urge, the urge being to learn something new.

I quite fancy Law, and imagine the best way to start out is with an A-Level then move onto a degree at a later date. However i'm frightfully short of time with which to attend a proper class, so was hoping distance learning could be of use.

Has anyone had any experience with any particular organisation that offers distance learning? Anyone you could recommend?

yours

ceres
________
SkyLilu4u live

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:06.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:06   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Distance Learning

I don't know what distance learning is but you can learn A-Level Law (in the UK at least) in a year if you go to college for only 2 hours, one nght a week and there is no coursework. I now you said you were short of time, but it's really not that much.

Hope that's of use.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:13   #3
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

With my work i am never sure when i might have a free moment so a more coursework based "work-from-home" style is what i'm looking for.
________
Huge Tits live

Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:20   #4
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

My experience with distance learning was rather good. I took Examum Philisophicum while in the military at some Norwegian distance learning thingie, and got excellent support there. Good curriculim, good summaries and good feedback on the assigments.

The wife of a friend of my father took some sort of Literature course(can't remember which specific time period) (not very unlike your A-levels I presume) and she was very impressed with it too.She was very, very new to computers at the time too, and took a very pragramtic view to the whole thing.

Since I assume you're british, NKI won't do you much good though.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:29   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd say it didn't matter whether you started at A level or degree level.

I'd say go for the degree.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:55   #6
ceres

Sorry i didnt exactly make it clear, i'm looking for recommendations as to the organisation which run the course, not the a-level/degree decision.
________
KinkyElita cam

Unread 31 Jul 2005, 14:15   #7
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
Sorry i didnt exactly make it clear, i'm looking for recommendations as to the organisation which run the course, not the a-level/degree decision.
then isn't http://www.open.ac.uk/ a rather obvious choice? and specifically for you http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/class...main_page.shtm
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 14:19   #8
ceres

I've never been all that fond of the OU i've a few friends who teach courses and i certainly hope that isnt the standard right across the board
________
Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Unread 31 Jul 2005, 14:57   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

actually i was thinking of doing an OU degree just because im intereseted in it (politics and philiosophy ive been exposed enough to it here, maybe law) the OU obviously won't be to the same standards as another uni but for ~£3K i do get adegree or at least recognition for books id have probably read anyway.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 15:30   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

University of Leicester is big on distance learning - i did law there full time and the teaching was pretty decent.

www.le.ac.uk
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 16:58   #11
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

You could learn a new language. There are many language learning methods out there, Michel Thomas's language CDs are particularly good.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote