User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 May 2005, 13:36   #101
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Star Wars: Episode 3 - Your Opinion

I heard Darth Vader is also gonna make a comeback in the next episode
Unread 24 May 2005, 13:37   #102
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I certainly knew Vader was Luke's father before I watched any Star Wars film.
Congratulations, do you want a certificate with that on?

In 10 years time, for a kid that has never seen anything Star Wars related i imagine Darth Vader turning out to be Luke's father would be an unexpected twist, unless i am forgetting something and Obi-Wan had a chat about it to Yoda in the middle of A New Hope while i blinked.
Unread 24 May 2005, 13:51   #103
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Congratulations, do you want a certificate with that on?
I really have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
In 10 years time, for a kid that has never seen anything Star Wars related i imagine Darth Vader turning out to be Luke's father would be an unexpected twist, unless i am forgetting something and Obi-Wan had a chat about it to Yoda in the middle of A New Hope while i blinked.
I wasn't saying it was obvious from the films - I was just saying it's common knowledge. The chances of anyone getting to be old enough to watch Star Wars for the first time without catching a single reference to that fact is rather slim (unless of course you sit your children down to watch it before they go to school, in which case plot twists will be rather irrelevant to them).

You seem to be implying that everyone will have forgotten Star Wars in 10 years time, which seems rather unlikely.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 14:08   #104
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
A droid would be rather crap in using lightsabers in theory. As the lightsaber-force-user attunement is what makes lightsaber weilders deadly.

Saying that in the EU there are cases of non-force sensitives using lightsabers and there are plenty of references to droids being used for training purposes in lightsaber techniques. (Darth Vader in Shadow of the Empire for example). Although such things are hardly a challenge.

I didn't understand the heart thing myself to be honest. I was under the impression it was just his brain that was still organic before getting to see the movie which would have made somewhat more sense.
EU?

While having the force is certainly an advantage to using a lightsaber, it's not necessary to use one with deadly force. It is for all intents and purposes simply a sword (or saber I suppose), anyone with any degree of skill in weilding bladed weapons should find themselves proficient enough to cause considerable damage. The only special quality to a lightsaber is its ability to deflect energy or otherwise melt solid objects, which gives it unprecedented defense against ranged weapons, unfortunately to actually manouver the weapon fast enough to intercept the path of either a blaster bolt or bullet requires precognition only the force can give.

As far as the organic makup of Grievous:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Grievous

Quote:
So Sidious, Dooku, and Hill arranged to have a bomb planted on the shuttle Grievous was on, and blame it on the Republic. Grievous was mortally wounded in the crash, and his unconscious, dying body was taken to the planet Geonosis, where his brain, eyes, and other organs were implanted into a droid body forged by Geonosians that would complement his natural reflexes
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 15:22   #105
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The EU is a load of nonsense. Trying to see the actual Star Wars universe through an EU perspective just makes the whole thing absurd.
I have to disagree with you entirely. Alot of the EU is actually fairly relevant. The Thrawn series along with the Jedi Academy and whatnot. The EU (Expanded Universe) for Star Wars has only helped flesh out many of the worlds and technology. I think someone who has watched the films and read the majority of the EU is more 'versed' in Star Wars lore and able to give a more opinioned perspective.

As to djbass, by the time of the Empire - lightsabers had become artifacts/antiques. Making a lightsaber requires force sensitivty for the craftsman (as it is needed to align/attune the crystals). You are correct in that a non-force sensitive can weild a blade (which is what I confirmed), but the examples of such are few and far between. The lightsaber is just more deadly in the hands of someone who can use the force compared to someone who can't. (Although saying that, I wouldn't really want to face a lightsaber full stop.)

Nobles from the Tapani Sector, in the Expansion Region, used 'lightfoils' which were based on lightsaber technology but weren't quite as effective. They were also prone to failure and the Empire frowned on their use (yet Tapani retained it's independance and dallied in the Emperor's court at the Imperial Palace on Coruscant.) .

Personally, I love the Force Glaive (essentially a double-bladed vibro-weapon).

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 15:28   #106
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I have to disagree with you entirely. Alot of the EU is actually fairly relevant. The Thrawn series along with the Jedi Academy and whatnot. The EU (Expanded Universe) for Star Wars has only helped flesh out many of the worlds and technology. I think someone who has watched the films and read the majority of the EU is more 'versed' in Star Wars lore and able to give a more opinioned perspective.
I'm afraid "it tells you more than the films do" isn't much of an argument in its favour, because that much is self-evident.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 24 May 2005, 16:44   #107
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You seem to be implying that everyone will have forgotten Star Wars in 10 years time, which seems rather unlikely.
Yeah but how old were you when you first saw Star Wars?

I must have seen it when I was something around 6-9, and I didn't know Darth Vader was his father.
Unread 24 May 2005, 16:48   #108
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Phew, i'm not the only one .
Unread 24 May 2005, 17:12   #109
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

YOUR MOTHER'S!
Unread 24 May 2005, 17:55   #110
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Personally, I love the Force Glaive (essentially a double-bladed vibro-weapon).
Vibro weapon? Is that some sort of dildo?
Unread 24 May 2005, 18:45   #111
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I quite liked Episode I. It was a kids' film, but it was a decent kids' film. Sure, it had its flaws (Jar Jar bloody Binx for one) but overall it was good. Episode II was just shit.
This is my opinion, tho I'd like an edited version of episode 1 minus the first 30 minutes they spend on tatooine pre-race.

for episode 2, my edited version would drop the first 2 hours straight up.

episode 3 was actually good, but hard to comment on in a 'no spoilers' thread.

Padmay was not hot in Ep 3. I probably would have tried my luck with Anni first.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 18:48   #112
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Expression of severe disappointment that we didn't get to see Jar Jar die in episode III.
Unread 24 May 2005, 19:32   #113
NaQ

NaQ is an unknown quantity at this point

i liked it anyways! could have been more wookie fighting though
NaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 19:46   #114
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Star Wars: Episode 3 - Your Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Expression of severe disappointment that we didn't get to see Jar Jar die in episode III.
At least he didn't have any lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaQ
could have been more wookie fighting though
I was disappointed. Wookies fight a lot like Gungans: stupidly. I wept when the Wookies broke cover to charge across an open beach against the amphibious battle droids.

I know Yoda must have wept too.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 03:37   #115
Spiderman

Ok, here's one, at the start, those little robot thingies attach themselves to obi-wan's ship.

Anikin blasts a couple off, but WHY, WHY I ASK YOU!!!! do they go flying backwards off the wing.....

It's frikkin in space, there's no wind or friction - so they should continue at the same velocity in that direction. That poor, thoughtless start really ruined the whole film for me.

Oh yeh, and the way everyone inside the main ship at the start, begin falling to one side when the ship tilted.........!
Unread 25 May 2005, 03:39   #116
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They were in low orbit around the planet if I remember correctly. I don't know if they were inside the atmosphere though.
Unread 25 May 2005, 03:43   #117
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
They were in low orbit around the planet if I remember correctly. I don't know if they were inside the atmosphere though.
Well they definitley werent in the atmosphere when the little robot things flew off the wing, because we see te mother ship burn up as it goes into the atmosphere later.

Another thing, it was never quite explained how obi-wan and anikin survived when grevious smashed the window in the ship - it just appeared like they let the cabin de-pressurise, and the next scene was just them, sat calmly, piloting a ship....in space.....in a sodding vacuum.
Unread 25 May 2005, 03:47   #118
JonnyBGood
Banned

Maybe they were saved by the jedi goddess of the rocks with funny patches of moss on them?
Unread 25 May 2005, 03:57   #119
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

shutters went across the broken window if im not mistaken. Also why couldnt they use the force to push those droids off the ship? seems to work everywhere else:/
Unread 25 May 2005, 08:21   #120
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
That poor, thoughtless start really ruined the whole film for me.
And sound doesn't travel in space either.

Seriously, if you want scientific accuracy, don't watch science fiction.
Unread 25 May 2005, 09:13   #121
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well they definitley werent in the atmosphere when the little robot things flew off the wing, because we see te mother ship burn up as it goes into the atmosphere later.
What?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 09:16   #122
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, here's one, at the start, those little robot thingies attach themselves to obi-wan's ship.

Anikin blasts a couple off, but WHY, WHY I ASK YOU!!!! do they go flying backwards off the wing.....

It's frikkin in space, there's no wind or friction - so they should continue at the same velocity in that direction. That poor, thoughtless start really ruined the whole film for me.

Oh yeh, and the way everyone inside the main ship at the start, begin falling to one side when the ship tilted.........!
you're probably right about the robot 'thingies', though I do feel you're over simplifying the physics of it all. There would not be any wind friction to push them off, but depending on the movement of the ship and any inertia caused by the bolt blasts would have likely pushed them in a different direction than forward.

as for the ship tilting thing, there was nothing to suggest the ship wasn't using some form of artificial gravity, how the hell is everyone able to walk around on it otherwise, if so then why is it odd they should still suffer the effects of gravity when it tilts?

Oh, and despite the actress herself being attractive (though I wouldn't rate her as high as some people seem to), I never found Padmay to be attractive in any of the episodes.
Unread 25 May 2005, 09:36   #123
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
heh, I was rather fond of the unconventional idea, I was later disappointed when they revealed he was part biological. MInd you, what I don't understand is how an open exposed heart and simular organs can be sustained like that. If you look at his armour its not fully enclosed at all, more like plating of a sort with plenty of open air exposed bits.
I love the fact you question how the organs were sustained and take it as simple fact that it was a robot, welding light sabre's fighting jedi's, all perfectly normal stuff.
________
California Dispensary

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:02.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 10:14   #124
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
I love the fact you question how the organs were sustained and take it as simple fact that it was a robot, welding light sabre's fighting jedi's, all perfectly normal stuff.
perhaps because one falls into the realm of questionable if slightly ill-thought design, the other plausable within the realms of the star wars universe.

I'll clarify why I feel so. Without a second viewing I can't be sure, but from what I recall his torso contained a heart, possibly a couple other organs and pressumably what looked like a spinal cord extending towards his head. None of these organs were suspended in any sort of fluid, they were simply dangling there in the open air, in addition to this the plating that surrounded it that obi-wan pryed open was little more than a simple shell. Two issues as I see it come into play, the first is that organic material, especially internal organs require surrounding fuilds to keep the skin moist, otherwise it dries up and dies. My other concern is that in an open air environment such as that his organs are much more susceptable to virus and other contaminents that would effectivly kill him rather quickly. Even if he had some special way of avoiding all this, given the fragile nature of such organs it makes it a ill-though design at best.

You can see my other post above on the point of lightsabers and non-jedi operators. As I see it, there's nothing inherently special about a lightsaber that prevents a perfectly normal person/droid from weilding one as they would any other staffed or bladed weapon. As for fighting Jedi's, he says himself he was tought the disciplines of lightsaber combat, he might not have the force to guide him, but his speed and agility partialy make up for that.
Unread 25 May 2005, 10:18   #125
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it would have been better if he was just a brain in the head of the robot suit.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 13:50   #126
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
you're probably right about the robot 'thingies', though I do feel you're over simplifying the physics of it all. There would not be any wind friction to push them off, but depending on the movement of the ship and any inertia caused by the bolt blasts would have likely pushed them in a different direction than forward.
Yeh, the blasts would have given them velocity in a different component, but their velocty along the dimension that the ship is travelling would be the same, unless there was something there to slow it down. There is no real reason why they should fly backawards.....
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:18   #127
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Darth Vader was Jewish?
Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyee, I will never visit this planet again. The farfel is so tasteless. And the people! What is it with the five legs and the green hair? You'd think that people would wanna blend in.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:20   #128
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The force is strong with this schmuck
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:25   #129
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jackie Mason turned down the part

**true story
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:27   #130
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So did Estelle Getty.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:28   #131
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Yeh, the blasts would have given them velocity in a different component, but their velocty along the dimension that the ship is travelling would be the same, unless there was something there to slow it down. There is no real reason why they should fly backawards.....
They would "fly backwards" if the ship were under acceleration.

But Star Wars has always had pretty weak physics. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:30   #132
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Darth Vader was Jewish?
His bar mitsvah was sometime between Episode I and Episode II
Unread 25 May 2005, 14:36   #133
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
They would "fly backwards" if the ship were under acceleration.
Ah! thats a good explanation actually.

Anyway, the producers should know that a million sad science geeks like myself (their fan base) are going to question everything.....
Unread 25 May 2005, 15:13   #134
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's pointless to question the "science" of something obviously isn't hard science. Criticise things that make an effort to be realistic and fail, not ones that never had any intent of connecting with our earth knowledge.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 18:30   #135
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
1. Maybe Obi Wan accelerated?

Or

2. Because it looks cool?

Pesonally I choose nr 2
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote