User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

View Poll Results: Which set would you choose?
Pat's set (http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats) 19 35.85%
Alternative set (http://speedgame.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats) 22 41.51%
I do not care 12 22.64%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 19 Mar 2016, 11:36   #151
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Yes i was, but it's okay. Common trait amongst forum posters to be a fool.
Yourself included?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 11:38   #152
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

If only that one wasn't so obvious, i would have come up with a witty repartee.

No wait...
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 13:06   #153
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
The language of the game does not mean every player of it should have perfect grasp of it. In fact only a minority of the players have English as a first language and some of those write with less proficiency than Butcher, which is a sad state of affairs.

If you need to make a start on voters look no further than Krypton the coolest guy in PA and his dancing Munkee, then go from there
Lol get over yourself. Your trolling is terrible. Go back to another part of the internet, you already said you weren't going to play this round based on ST stats being picked so why keep commenting on what everyone else is playing.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 13:50   #154
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Lol get over yourself. Your trolling is terrible. Go back to another part of the internet, you already said you weren't going to play this round based on ST stats being picked so why keep commenting on what everyone else is playing.
Because I can, and as a side part because I can see it riles you. Now off you go to a full nights sleep and set a great example on defence to your alliance again little one.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 14:28   #155
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Common trait amongst forum posters to be a fool.
One day people will dedicate songs to your helpfulness.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 19 Mar 2016 at 14:37.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 15:15   #156
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Can Monroe (assuming he is still SD Mod) tow some baws in this thread plz?

Back on topic tbh more than 2 set stat options were needed... more competition is needed for stats proposals so folk can up their game in stat making.
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 15:28   #157
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The thing I found strangest about this whole stats thing is that Patrikc and him worked on Pat's set for a significant amount of time without managing to convince Jintao they were useable, while Jintao's own rush job was ready for prime time almost immediately. I suspect there's some kind of (unintentional!) bias in play, whereby the stats maker has a harder time finding flaws with their own stats than with others'.

A lesson for next time!

My take away from it was that my stats were not chosen because of negative feedback, and the alliance fleet feature was a convenient excuse to change to ST. According to Jintao, the complaints were all contradicting each other, and he, as 'stats admin' should be able to see beyond that and know what's better for the game. We worked on it for several weeks and after the initial phase I was under the impression that mine would likely be used, and if not he had a back up set he was working on. Neither ended up being used. The whole point of having someone as 'admin' was to prevent having last minute stats.

He should also have been informed of the new feature the moment it was being seriously considered and/or coded, and he should be involved in deciding what BP size/method to use, because both of these affect how stats can play out. They're all connected and treating them as separate entities was a big factor in this round's half-assed final stats.

These stats weren't the result of the current 'process', it's a result of the process still needing to be refined 15 years into the game.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 16:18   #158
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
My take away from it was that my stats were not chosen because of negative feedback, and the alliance fleet feature was a convenient excuse to change to ST. According to Jintao, the complaints were all contradicting each other, and he, as 'stats admin' should be able to see beyond that and know what's better for the game. We worked on it for several weeks and after the initial phase I was under the impression that mine would likely be used, and if not he had a back up set he was working on. Neither ended up being used. The whole point of having someone as 'admin' was to prevent having last minute stats.

He should also have been informed of the new feature the moment it was being seriously considered and/or coded, and he should be involved in deciding what BP size/method to use, because both of these affect how stats can play out. They're all connected and treating them as separate entities was a big factor in this round's half-assed final stats.

These stats weren't the result of the current 'process', it's a result of the process still needing to be refined 15 years into the game.
Everyone else was told by Jintao that the stats for next round had been chosed even before last round ended.
And when people asked on this forums "They have been done and are in the final step of tweaking".
And then it ended up with a ST set

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 22:23   #159
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My take away from it was that my stats were not chosen because of negative feedback, and the alliance fleet feature was a convenient excuse to change to ST.
I know you're just paraphrasing, but I'm still very curious: how does MT/ST interact with alliance-controlled def fleets?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 19 Mar 2016, 22:48   #160
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Because I can, and as a side part because I can see it riles you. Now off you go to a full nights sleep and set a great example on defence to your alliance again little one.
Not riled one bit. Was purely stating a fact of what you have said on these forums just only a week ago. Your other comments are amusing but probably not for the reasons you intended.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2016, 01:03   #161
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
I know you're just paraphrasing, but I'm still very curious: how does MT/ST interact with alliance-controlled def fleets?
Because MT stats tend to be more defensive, as people tend to put value in attack fleets more than defense fleets and in ST they don't overlap much. The new alliance fleet feature also makes it easier for less active alliance to gather defense fleets, also making things more defensive.

It's not that they interact directly, rather they both contribute to something PA team wanted to avoid. They wanted to see how the latter played out without a 'defensive' set.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2016, 06:05   #162
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Because MT stats tend to be more defensive, as people tend to put value in attack fleets more than defense fleets and in ST they don't overlap much. The new alliance fleet feature also makes it easier for less active alliance to gather defense fleets, also making things more defensive.

It's not that they interact directly, rather they both contribute to something PA team wanted to avoid. They wanted to see how the latter played out without a 'defensive' set.
I was one who found your stats to be too defensive. However I think these stats are too offensive (pun intended). Likely from this we wont be able to discern much from the data this round about the new ally def fleet feature as we have 47% Xan and a roidswap round.

May the best roidwhore have it.
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2016, 04:39   #163
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

If it's going to be "beta tested", then do all stat iterations.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense could have told you this would be a Xan heavy, XP-centric, roid swapping round.

The cards were on the table.

Patrikc's set was vastly more interesting.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 07:36   #164
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Terran 60 (8.7%) That Smell OF of Shattered dreams (2:9:2) 1,099,913 63
Cathaar 165 (24.1%) I had to go CAT OF They are just OP (2:3:1) 1,220,205 31
Xandathrii 309 (45.0%) Odin OF Valhalla (7:6:1) 1,541,142 1
Zikonian 105 (15.3%) Art OF Onomatopoeia (1:6:1) 1,445,323 4
Eitraides 47 (6.9%) Sisela Ytheleus OF Zetetic Elench (4:3:3) 1,533,646 2

Can we Agree that this set of stats was terribly conceived and shouldn't have been run. I don't think Jintao is capable of being an impartial "stats Admin"
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 10:25   #165
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Can we Agree that the top planets are not representative of the overall quality of the stats and shouldn't be used.
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 12:51   #166
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Can we Agree that the top planets are not representative of the overall quality of the stats and shouldn't be used.
Indeed. As we will only know that once we can't go back anymore.
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 13:09   #167
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think this round looks fun enough.
CT/Ult looks to be having the time of their life bum-rushing the other alliances for XP.
If the community want roid swapping rounds, let them have it id say, atleast they wont be so negative to MT sets if they dont like these ST sets plays out.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 16:26   #168
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Terran 60 (8.7%) That Smell OF of Shattered dreams (2:9:2) 1,099,913 63
Cathaar 165 (24.1%) I had to go CAT OF They are just OP (2:3:1) 1,220,205 31
Xandathrii 309 (45.0%) Odin OF Valhalla (7:6:1) 1,541,142 1
Zikonian 105 (15.3%) Art OF Onomatopoeia (1:6:1) 1,445,323 4
Eitraides 47 (6.9%) Sisela Ytheleus OF Zetetic Elench (4:3:3) 1,533,646 2

Can we Agree that this set of stats was terribly conceived and shouldn't have been run. I don't think Jintao is capable of being an impartial "stats Admin"
I enjoy these far more than some of your sets
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 16:59   #169
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
I enjoy these far more than some of your sets
You now have something in common with Ultores. They seem to enjoy these stats quite a lot.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2016, 18:55   #170
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
You now have something in common with Ultores. They seem to enjoy these stats quite a lot.
I adapt to what we are given. I did well in 59 last time we had stats like these.