User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Aug 2008, 18:48   #1
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about
this might help

well i know everyone talks about oh people are leaving all the time and the PA base is growing smaller and smaller.
well since i came back in r26 (the last time i really played an entire round was r16) ive noticed the diminished posting in AD forums. What happened to declaring war via forums, or declaring blocks and boasting about politics via forums? I know Asc kinda does that and i applaud them for it, it keeps the game interesting. I think other alliances should do the same. Take some pride in your alliance!
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2008, 18:56   #2
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: this might help

I'd like that too.

Persuading alliances to do it is another issue ofc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2008, 19:06   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

many alliances ban their members from posting on here.

goodness knows why.
Unread 2 Aug 2008, 19:10   #4
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

and tbh thats the dumbest thing ever

no offense
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 2 Aug 2008, 19:15   #5
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

very similiar to my request some weeks ago...

would make it more fun actually again...i mean come on its a game it should be all about fun and excitement
Unread 2 Aug 2008, 19:28   #6
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

No ban from us, we just stipulate that it is made absolutely plain that opinions and posts are personal and NOT the official line of the alliance.

But concidering the amount of turd posted at times, is it any surprise that people dont visit ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2008, 20:56   #7
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
I know Asc kinda does that and i applaud them for it
I just love that sentence...
Unread 2 Aug 2008, 21:45   #8
rpsmith

rpsmith is on a distinguished road

Why not just have a forum thread that is for game news items from the alliances (maybe bg's and gals) . No replies allowed in the thread, only news. Of course the reporters would have their own spin on what they report.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 01:41   #9
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
I know Asc kinda does that and i applaud them for it, it keeps the game interesting. I think other alliances should do the same. Take some pride in your alliance!
Maybe it's because everytime sombody new posts on the forums you get 50 tards saying "omg i shouldn't have to read that crap especially when i don't agree with it".

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 04:02   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

On the subject, I completely agree with you. A lot of the "new" alliances believe that AD has a negative affect on their public image. Granted this may be true. But I very much doubt it could lead to war. Most of the wars I imagine are only really decided by a handful of people.

What AD does do, it allows the uninformed, for example myself, to follow the game. It also allows some politics to be played out in the public arena. One of the main reasons why the forum declined in both its popularity and its usage was down to 1up and eXilition. They were apart in their mentality towards posting on the forums.

1up on the one hand, had some of the best, if not most annoying posters on Alliance Discussions. It had some truly great posters from the likes of Sid, Zhil et al through to some rather dire posters (I may be one, who knows). But never the less they posted.

On the other hand you had eXiliton posters. There were possibly three or four of them. None of them were particularly good, they appeared to "flame" and be rather lame. That was perception though. Back then reputation had appeared and quite frankly 1up had more reputation points, thus green blobs compared to the eXilition posters who had more red blobs.

This leads me to essentially the downfall of the forums. Reputation. If you disagreed with 1up, you could be say neg repped by myself. Who had the highest rep points within 1up. I could not only take off one green blob, I could knock you into red blobs. Several other members could do the same. If 1up members posted sometimes I repped them as not only were they fantastic posts, but it also gave them credibility to what they were saying as they had more green blobs next to their name. You could call it rep farming.

So in conclusion, 1up overkilled the forums. We posted far too much, didn't allow for much balanced debate, and any debate that did occur you had the 1up pr squad coming in and shooting down the opposition. Making it look like 1up were all mighty and superior. Quite frankly there wasn't an opposition to take on 1up in the pr game. If say Ascendancy was around at the time, then they would have had the balls to have a good bit of banter.

eXilition and other alliances also have a part to play. Some alliances, including eXilition banned their members from posting on AD. Not only that, when these alliances did post, the posts were often poor. They were in general flaming, bad spelling and grammar and quite frankly in comparison to 1ups posts looked amateurish and rather shite.

Finally as I said reputation played a part. People became scared at posting for fear of a "neg rep". Part of that problem was down to myself and other posters, but mainly down to this shit reputation system being implemented.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 06:41   #11
exblade
that one dude

well maybe these people you speak up that turn us away from the forums post because no one else does.
seriously... its just not the same what happened to the r**policics or ***delcares war on ***
ya know?
even a simple ***** sucks as an alliance
get some heat in this game
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 3 Aug 2008, 10:25   #12
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

PS. You ruined the quote in ur sig exblade. What ur saying there pretty much goes without saying... Might aswell have "Id rather be alive than dead".. :|
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 10:41   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
PS. You ruined the quote in ur sig exblade. What ur saying there pretty much goes without saying... Might aswell have "Id rather be alive than dead".. :|
I've seen another hilariously bad version of the quote, which says "Better to die on your feet, than live on your feet".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 10:46   #14
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Haha
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 10:57   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig View Post
Some interesting history
I refer you to mod gripe 19:

19) Any alliance trying to win arguments through a coordinated/concerted effort of sheer weight of numbers of posters will be classed as spamming. As such all participants forfeit the right to use the forum, and you will be collectively banned for the duration of that round, except for one spokesman for your alliance who will be a suitable person from your alliance chosen by the AD moderators.

And the reasoning behind gripe 19:

Following discussions between the AD moderators, we have opted to add gripe 19. This is not a reaction to recent behaviour, simply a desire to act against past instances of behaviour we have found unacceptable. This was because it detracts from the discussion, stops it from being balanced and just discourages people from participating.

Any users wanting clarification should send enquiries to myself.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 11:39   #16
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Yeah, id love to see that too...Good think, always relishing a discussion and makin the round interestin
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 11:51   #17
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by V*Messiah View Post
Maybe it's because everytime sombody new posts on the forums you get 50 tards saying "omg i shouldn't have to read that crap especially when i don't agree with it".
Vulgar like you and me care what 50 tards think of us

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 12:01   #18
Alezzar
Bibliophile

its not bout somebody new posting on forums, its bout hcs/officers of allies making those announcements...
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 13:08   #19
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My theory is that alliances in the game care ridiculously much about secrecy (As if you can keep anything secret for more than a day here anyway). And that reflects on both members and officers/hcs, they tend to post only when it is 'safe', a mentality that makes these forums less interesting to read, and people stop reading. And who can blame them?

Although, the environment in the game seems (I say seems, because I haven't played for some rounds) less interesting than it used to, it seems like most rounds just degrade into roidraces between alliances. And how interesting is it to post about that?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 15:50   #20
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
Although, the environment in the game seems (I say seems, because I haven't played for some rounds) less interesting than it used to, it seems like most rounds just degrade into roidraces between alliances. And how interesting is it to post about that?
It doesnt seem to me, as a possibly "well informed" bystander, that there has been a lot of "roid racing" in the past 2 rounds of PA. Denial started to war with ND around tick 300 r26, and the universe started warring with Denial around tick 440 this round.

On topic.

Imo there has been plenty of "interesting events" in the past 2 rounds that could and probably should have been posted about. But no one bothers to post because of the fear of being flamed, particularly by the likes of asc's troll squad or the other "ego's" who run rule over AD. Denial never had a ban on posting on AD, our members just knew it was sensible not to bother, generally.

For example, had I made an end of round summary from Denials point of view (an interesting read for some im sure), I woulda just got responses along the lines of "Asc wuda won if we cared" "Asc are the reason Denial won" "Asc claim moral victory" etc, why post just to give people the oppurtunity to attention whore themselves some more since thats all AD boils down to nowadays.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 15:57   #21
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

still it would be nice if there was a section of the forum where there is only 1 representative from each alliance allowed to post who posts summaries of goings on from the point of view of his alliance, particularly at the end of the round... this can then be debated/flamed etc in the separate AD forum .

this forum would also be used for announcements of an alliance going to war, with the only response allowed being from the alliance on the receiving end of the declaration.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 16:32   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
It doesnt seem to me, as a possibly "well informed" bystander, that there has been a lot of "roid racing" in the past 2 rounds of PA. Denial started to war with ND around tick 300 r26, and the universe started warring with Denial around tick 440 this round.
First of all I am not sure what you 'define' by war. Taking roids off your opponent doesn't count as 'war' in some people's books - going out with the primary objective to destroy fleet on the other hand would be. I don't think conflicts in modern planetarion are that particularly vicious, which is maybe why qebab doesn't really term them as 'war'.

Quote:
On topic.

Imo there has been plenty of "interesting events" in the past 2 rounds that could and probably should have been posted about. But no one bothers to post because of the fear of being flamed, particularly by the likes of asc's troll squad or the other "ego's" who run rule over AD. Denial never had a ban on posting on AD, our members just knew it was sensible not to bother, generally.
No one is trolling unless a moderator decides otherwise. Mild abuse, while someone puts an argument is perfectly acceptable, otherwise I'd have to delete pretty much every post. The reason that Ascendancy are unchallenged is simply because the people challenging them haven't been very good. There are plenty of arguments to bring them to task, yet no one chooses to use them or can't be bothered to defend them once they put them across.

Quote:
For example, had I made an end of round summary from Denials point of view (an interesting read for some im sure), I woulda just got responses along the lines of "Asc wuda won if we cared" "Asc are the reason Denial won" "Asc claim moral victory" etc, why post just to give people the oppurtunity to attention whore themselves some more since thats all AD boils down to nowadays.
Goodness me, you seem to care more about Ascendancy than its own membership. Get over yourself and make your argument - if people are going to retort, then defend your point of view. If you expect any point of view to be unchallenged, you are on the wrong internet forum.

If you come across as soft, then its no wonder why Ascendancy posters run all over you. If you get into an argument on AD, be prepared to spend some time on defending your point of view, or not at all. Particularly when you are in command of an alliance.

I may be Ascendancy, but that doesn't mean I don't want people to stand up to Ascendancy. Far from it, it makes AD better to read and for me it makes it a nice challenge.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 16:33   #23
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Yeah, booji got a point in there, but i cant see that done with seeing how things arround pa go atm..
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 17:08   #24
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
First of all I am not sure what you 'define' by war. Taking roids off your opponent doesn't count as 'war' in some people's books - going out with the primary objective to destroy fleet on the other hand would be. I don't think conflicts in modern planetarion are that particularly vicious, which is maybe why qebab doesn't really term them as 'war'.
P-targetting is an act of war, this is modern PA, not the "glorious past" that most of u forum idiots are stuck in.

Quote:
No one is trolling unless a moderator decides otherwise. Mild abuse, while someone puts an argument is perfectly acceptable, otherwise I'd have to delete pretty much every post. The reason that Ascendancy are unchallenged is simply because the people challenging them haven't been very good. There are plenty of arguments to bring them to task, yet no one chooses to use them or can't be bothered to defend them once they put them across.
No one cares enough (bar asc, in numbers) to post and counter post for hours on end. Hence no one bothers to post at all anymore.

Quote:
Goodness me, you seem to care more about Ascendancy than its own membership. Get over yourself and make your argument - if people are going to retort, then defend your point of view. If you expect any point of view to be unchallenged, you are on the wrong internet forum.
No one cares more about ascendancy than ascendancy themselves. You can pretend all u want that u dont care about PA anymore and barely play but everyone knows ur the biggest carebears still around. No one posts because they dont like having their posts dismantled and quoted back to them by condescending people like you.

Quote:
If you come across as soft, then its no wonder why Ascendancy posters run all over you. If you get into an argument on AD, be prepared to spend some time on defending your point of view, or not at all. Particularly when you are in command of an alliance.
I'm HC of a PA alliance not an elected President of the USA. I'm not perfect. I post with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, the occasional typo. I sometimes even fail to convey my point correctly. Your right, this is an internet forum, no one here is perfect and just because Ascendancy have the most literate possibly "intelligent" playerbase, it does not give them the right to rubbish everyones posts and tear them apart discouraging anyone from posting in the future. Yes some people we can do without posting on the forums, but its people like me and the other average posters that keep this game alive NOT Ascendancy.

Quote:
I may be Ascendancy, but that doesn't mean I don't want people to stand up to Ascendancy. Far from it, it makes AD better to read and for me it makes it a nice challenge.
People dont care as much as u about "wars of words", we play an internet text-based browser game for god's sake. You may be looking for an excuse to exercise ur undoubtedly brilliant grasp of the English language to mock and intimidate people on the internet, but the rest of us simply arent.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 17:11   #25
exblade
that one dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
Vulgar like you and me care what 50 tards think of us
haha
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 3 Aug 2008, 17:11   #26
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Damn, Venox, u wud love to run ally like asc, stop talkin sh*ts. Yeah, Denial won, so what?
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 17:15   #27
VenoX

Don't get me wrong, i actually like Ascendancy and their style of play and the majority of their players. What I don't like is the sheer arrogance with which they post on the forums discouraging anyone else from having a point of view. This thread was created to find out why people dont post (I believe i pointed out a pretty good reason). Not to find out whether or not I would love to run an ally like ascendancy (which is impossible btw since "no one runs ascendancy") or whether or not my alliance won PA. Which it did btw, thanks for pointing out, I can never get tired of hearing it.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 17:19   #28
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
My theory is that alliances in the game care ridiculously much about secrecy (As if you can keep anything secret for more than a day here anyway). And that reflects on both members and officers/hcs, they tend to post only when it is 'safe', a mentality that makes these forums less interesting to read, and people stop reading. And who can blame them?

yes you haven't played for a few rounds, how good of you to point that out and state how boring the game is

i pretty much don't care what is said on the forum tho, if i want to trashtalk with someone i'll do it on irc, much more fun that way for me .

Finally retired
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 17:30   #29
Alezzar
Bibliophile

irc is much more fun, but the point of that thread was to make game interesting for new players/returning ones...not just for us. For me the only way is by posting those bps, making ally announcements and etc. Else PA will die totally soon.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 18:06   #30
exblade
that one dude

well yes trashtalking on irc is fun, and the mods really cant do crap about it because there really is none.
but the point is
not everyone in PA can see you on irc in your little chat room
so if it involves PA it should be said in forums to and i dont get why everyone is scared of being flamed or whatever...who cares. take pride and grow some nads
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 3 Aug 2008, 20:36   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No one cares more about ascendancy than ascendancy themselves.
Seems logical to me. Do you not care about Denial more than about any other alliance?

Quote:
You can pretend all u want that u dont care about PA anymore and barely play but everyone knows ur the biggest carebears still around.
Some of us actually barely played PA last round, and some probably cared more than was good for them, with many shades of gray in between. There is no official Ascendancy care level, and any attempt to assign one to us is moronic.

Quote:
Your right, this is an internet forum, no one here is perfect and just because Ascendancy have the most literate possibly "intelligent" playerbase, it does not give them the right to rubbish everyones posts and tear them apart discouraging anyone from posting in the future. Yes some people we can do without posting on the forums, but its people like me and the other average posters that keep this game alive NOT Ascendancy.
The prodigal son returneth.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 21:21   #32
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Seems logical to me. Do you not care about Denial more than about any other alliance?
This was what i was pointing out to lokken, thank you for ur support.

Quote:
Some of us actually barely played PA last round, and some probably cared more than was good for them, with many shades of gray in between. There is no official Ascendancy care level, and any attempt to assign one to us is moronic.
Same can be said for every ally during a summer free round but the general "care level" in Ascendancy is higher than any other ally, be it ingame or on the forums.

Thank you for not trying to argue any of the on topic points i made in my original posts MZ. Not like u at all I must admit. Honestly, what are ur opinions on Ascendancy trolls, such as urself, causing most of us "average players" not to bother with the forums anymore?
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 21:37   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Same can be said for every ally during a summer free round but the general "care level" in Ascendancy is higher than any other ally, be it ingame or on the forums.
I'm glad you know my alliance better than I do. Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps you do care more about Ascendancy than I originally thought.

Quote:
Thank you for not trying to argue any of the on topic points i made in my original posts MZ. Not like u at all I must admit.
I replied to all the things I disagreed with, excepting the things Lokken covered already. I wouldn't want this to turn into a gangbang, after all.

Quote:
Honestly, what are ur opinions on Ascendancy trolls, such as urself, causing most of us "average players" not to bother with the forums anymore?
Personally, I like it when people come up with good arguments that disprove my points. It forces me to change my views if they're wrong (the views, that is), and if not it forces me to explain why I'm right. I wouldn't call that trolling, but apparently our opinions differ on this point.

The problem is that many people ("average players" in your words) seem incapable of discussing things rationally, which of course causes friction (compare dicussions about religion). If people then get upset because they can't "win" the argument, that's not my fault, nor my problem.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 21:51   #34
VenoX

Quote:
I'm glad you know my alliance better than I do. Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps you do care more about Ascendancy than I originally thought.
Assuming that u are correct in that u know ur alliance well enough to say they care less than others is also to insinuate that u know my alliance better than I do also. A horrible cycle to get caught in argument wise.

Quote:
The problem is that many people ("average players" in your words) seem incapable of discussing things rationally, which of course causes friction (compare dicussions about religion). If people then get upset because they can't "win" the argument, that's not my fault, nor my problem.
I don't think that any sort of Ascendancy forum attack is going to make these "irrational posters" any better posters than they already are. They however, are playing PA (one assumes) and therefore have as much right to be here and posting as you do, whether u think they should be posting or not i believe its the moderators job to enforce this not for u to drive them away altogether.

Comparing a discussion about PA to one about religion, theres an interesting sub plot to this debate on "care levels".
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 21:56   #35
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Its not about discussing things rationally at all, I've often given my point across, which im entitled to do, and i get shot down by the trolling squad that are mainly Asc members and Asc lovers. This is because what i write doesn't fall under the Asc mindset and thinking of things, and you people don't like that, because your ego gets dented a little bit, and im guessing it hurts.
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 22:48   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Assuming that u are correct in that u know ur alliance well enough to say they care less than others is also to insinuate that u know my alliance better than I do also. A horrible cycle to get caught in argument wise.
While this is true, I wouldn't quite equate a general statement about all alliances to one aimed at a specific alliance, be it Ascendancy or Denial or whatever.

Quote:
I don't think that any sort of Ascendancy forum attack is going to make these "irrational posters" any better posters than they already are.
Most definitely. Gangbanging on one person is generally not productive. On the bright side, I have yet to see a concerted effort by Ascendancy to bully people off the forums.

Quote:
They however, are playing PA (one assumes) and therefore have as much right to be here and posting as you do, whether u think they should be posting or not i believe its the moderators job to enforce this not for u to drive them away altogether.
I never said I want these people to leave. What I want them to do is learn how to present a coherent argument. I welcome any poster that's willing to that. On the other hand, if people come on here expecting to freely be able to present the most retarded of ideas, they should not be surprised having their posts torn apart, by whoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc. View Post
Its not about discussing things rationally at all, I've often given my point across, which im entitled to do, and i get shot down by the trolling squad that are mainly Asc members and Asc lovers. This is because what i write doesn't fall under the Asc mindset and thinking of things, and you people don't like that, because your ego gets dented a little bit, and im guessing it hurts.
Woah man, spot on. We'll just go cry into our pillow in self-loathing now.
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 22:48   #37
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
P-targetting is an act of war, this is modern PA, not the "glorious past" that most of u forum idiots are stuck in.
Oh indeed, but that doesn't detract from qebab's distinct (and inherently true) point about roid racing. War is different now because people don't tend to go for destruction/driving their opponent to a choice between sleep deprivation or defeat.

There was plenty in the game then, the game has changed and there is plenty of subtleties to it now. We are in a format that potentially can allow people to play several different ways and win, which is good. But roid racing detracts from that.

Quote:
No one cares enough (bar asc, in numbers) to post and counter post for hours on end. Hence no one bothers to post at all anymore.
You don't have to spend hours, just reply when you have the opportunity. I am not asking for people to spend all day on the forum, just to actually respond when someone else does.

Quote:
No one cares more about ascendancy than ascendancy themselves. You can pretend all u want that u dont care about PA anymore and barely play but everyone knows ur the biggest carebears still around. No one posts because they dont like having their posts dismantled and quoted back to them by condescending people like you.
I think there are some in Asc who care about the game more than any other group of players probably, who want the game to have action and to be enjoyable. But it's not true for everyone.

In terms of playing, many know that the activity isn't worth it in many senses. While I still want to win and put in effort to help achieve it, I don't want to do it at the expense of other stuff (and that includes stuff I do online).

Quote:
I'm HC of a PA alliance not an elected President of the USA. I'm not perfect. I post with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, the occasional typo. I sometimes even fail to convey my point correctly. Your right, this is an internet forum, no one here is perfect and just because Ascendancy have the most literate possibly "intelligent" playerbase, it does not give them the right to rubbish everyones posts and tear them apart discouraging anyone from posting in the future. Yes some people we can do without posting on the forums, but its people like me and the other average posters that keep this game alive NOT Ascendancy.
My point about HC is this: as HC you can really do good work for your alliance on here if you want to. You don't even have to take on Ascendancy for goodness' sake. There are plenty of other alliances out there to argue with. As HC, protecting your alliance is your responsibility and you can do stuff on here that helps.

The problem I have is this: I cannot penalise Ascendancy for being highly literate/intelligent/experienced or better or whatever. I think hating people for that would be wrong. But I think it's perfectly possible to find holes in a lot of people's posts, even mine. On the same hand, i can't let people from other alliances rip into people while punishing Ascendancy for the same. I want to have high standards here and I want people to bring Ascendancy to task, and argue well much like mz has described.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence. We need more people like yourself posting - as I have suggested, by all means, please post more. I've enjoyed your submissions thus far. Ascendancy will not save planetarion, although I'm sure some of them have some reasonably good ideas to contribute.

Quote:
People dont care as much as u about "wars of words", we play an internet text-based browser game for god's sake. You may be looking for an excuse to exercise ur undoubtedly brilliant grasp of the English language to mock and intimidate people on the internet, but the rest of us simply arent.
This is a place for argument about alliance activities in planetarion, nothing more and nothing less. Very few rounds have been won and lost on the strength of this forum, most of them are won in game and this place is just an aside for people to pass the time in between ticks.

As for people not caring as much as me, well I'm AD moderator so if other people did I'm not sure I would be where I am
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 05:54   #38
exblade
that one dude

i think its amussing how if you post the right things you can get anyone to argue on these forums also
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 4 Aug 2008, 08:41   #39
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with pretty much everything said in this post by VenoX (people who's nick start with a V tend to stick together!).
I am in no way blaming the people in Ascendancy for their high intelligence / literacy / ... but sometimes it can get annoying though.

Most Ascendancy posters have the tendancy to:
a) Turn every thread into a Ascendancy thread.
b) Post in every thread how the Ascendancy model for an alliance is much better than the traditional alliance model.
c) Post the same crap over and over again.
d) Play the "I/We don't care about PA so we're much cooler than you"-card

I'm sorry but in my book that usually isn't a very constructive way to have a discussion about anything.
I don't mean to generalise the Ascendancy posters though, occasionally they make very good points and posts like mz, Achilles, JBG, ... but all of them have posted like the points I've stated and will most likely continue to post like that in the future.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 09:40   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
a) Turn every thread into a Ascendancy thread.
I can't be arsed to check every AD thread made during the last 6 months, but in this particular thread, the people who brought Ascendancy up were exblade and VenoX, neither of which is in Ascendancy. All further posts merely continued the trend. It is my impression that this is often the case (though as said, I won't back it up with evidence); someone criticises Ascendancy, Ascendancy posters reply, et voila, another Ascendancy thread is born.

Quote:
b) Post in every thread how the Ascendancy model for an alliance is much better than the traditional alliance model.
Simply not true.

Quote:
c) Post the same crap over and over again.
I'm not sure what you're referring to, could you give an example?
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 10:29   #41
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't be arsed to check every AD thread made during the last 6 months, but in this particular thread, the people who brought Ascendancy up were exblade and VenoX, neither of which is in Ascendancy. All further posts merely continued the trend. It is my impression that this is often the case (though as said, I won't back it up with evidence); someone criticises Ascendancy, Ascendancy posters reply, et voila, another Ascendancy thread is born.
I can't be arsed to check them all too, but in alot of posts that had nothing to do with Ascendancy initially it has been derailed by Ascendancy posters into an Asc-thread

Quote:
Simply not true.
Maybe because you're in Ascendancy so you might not have noticed but this actually happens alot. All that's needed is a simple reference to HC's or officers or anything and out come the Ascendancy posters with the "We don't need that, you don't need that, we do it this way, you could too... The Ascendancy style alliance is much better than traditional alliance ..."
So don't claim that's not true caus I don't have enough fingers to count all the times I've seen a post like that.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're referring to, could you give an example?
That mainly refered to point a, b & d in my original post.
Most of that stuff has been posted on AD since round 16-17 and quite frankly it's getting old reading about how Ascendancy is soo much better than everybody else.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 12:29   #42
HeimdallR

Mostly i can't be bothered with what ascendancy thinks of me and i certainly don't care if anyone starts flaming any posts i make in here.

and whining about how ascendancy controls this forum isn't
going to do much good either.
If anything it gives them the attention some of them so desperately
crave.

Finally retired
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 16:24   #43
exblade
that one dude

haha this is true
i did bring up Asc, but i did no such thing as criticize them, and if i ever do its constructive criticism which i think an ally like them should never have to take from me. Asc is a great ally i donno why everyone bashes them so much because they are different. dont pick on the ugly kid.
either way yes. the point has also been proved that every thread on AD someone has to bring up Asc - and most of the time its not Asc. which is the funny part. and yes agreeing with VDJ it is the same crap over and over. So going back to my original point of this thread... lets make it different instead of complaining about it. lets hear some juicy stories about r27 or how someone wants to demolish someone in r28 - come on...it is a war game after all.
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 4 Aug 2008, 17:09   #44
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
haha this is true
i did bring up Asc, but i did no such thing as criticize them, and if i ever do its constructive criticism which i think an ally like them should never have to take from me.
It was not my intention to include your post as an example of Ascendancy criticism. If that's how my post came across, I apologise.
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 20:08   #45
exblade
that one dude

no no, it didnt come across that way to me...about other people though it did which is the amusing part.
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Unread 4 Aug 2008, 23:00   #46
HeimdallR

are you two going to hug now?

Finally retired
Unread 4 Aug 2008, 23:17   #47
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:

That is a pretty good explanation of what i was thinking, when i look at forums i just want a quick look at whats going on not a 300 page essay using quote after quote on why sombodys post was crap, huge words thrown in just to encourage the reader to believe that they are the inteligent one and not the one thats wasting their own and other peoples time from having to read through it 3 times just to have a clue how it was even relevant to the topic.

Im sure younger players would see it the same way also, they come to play a game, get a little interested and want to join in on the forums only to be faced with something that looks like it was written by Shakespeare, making them less likely to post atal in the event of making themselves look dumb.

My conclusion is, it's a gaming forum not a writers club so going about challenging anything and everything anybody posts seems extremely lame.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 10:13   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's a sad reality of PA that it's now a game where the aim is to sneak/fall/collapse over the finish line and end up rank #1 rather than actually win the game. The changing nature of AD over the last few years really reflects this more than anything else. A lot of people just don't find the game that interesting either. They'll just be playing for their alliance or for their friends or something like that and as such don't have any real interest level in the meta-gameplay (I used that phrase just so I appear clever ) that occurs on AD.
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 11:59   #49
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

10 rounds ago, and prior to this, AD was fun. the progressing rounds have seen some of the more active players leave the game and thus the posting has gone too =/

it is a shame, i used to enjoy coming to read AD as there would always be a good read to be had. give back those days please

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 12:23   #50
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
10 rounds ago, and prior to this, AD was fun. the progressing rounds have seen some of the more active players leave the game and thus the posting has gone too =/

it is a shame, i used to enjoy coming to read AD as there would always be a good read to be had. give back those days please
Blame yourself for not playing anymore that AD is boring!
Now who is going to put a real money bounty on somebody?

(play with me next round pretty plz? )