User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Oct 2007, 11:10   #1
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold
Hidden Agenda Drops!

Note:
Don't make everybody HC on the last day. Its funny yes. It shows your loyal (!) members what
tools the HCs have in-game, true. But it also allows the bad apple to kick your top 2 members.

To make matters worse:
Two planets who were closed earlier in the game for breaking the rules players have to follow
when playing from a single IP where finally deleted.

Result:
Hidden Agenda drops from 10 to 13 on the last day, lifting Orbit into the nr 10 slot. A spot I think
they would have preferred to have fought for these last few ticks. Not 'won' like this.

However you guys still deserve it! More then us with such a ****-up!

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 11:24   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Hidden Agenda Drops!

I will give you a point for comedy value
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 12:42   #3
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

Yea, this really sucks. Worked hard to get a HA member in the top 50, and i get kicked. Oh well, guess a lesson well learned :crymeariver:

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 12:49   #4
S7R-DeViL
4ever Destiny

S7R-DeViL is infamous around these partsS7R-DeViL is infamous around these parts

Well shit happens ;-) SpaceMonkey know what he is doing

better luck next round guys ;-)

[BGarmy] [HC]
[H-A]
[VGN] [BC/DC]
[ToF] [BC]
[Destiny] [HC]
[Urwins] [HC]
[Insomnia]
[xVx]
[Conspiracy]

MeeT YouR DeSinTY
S7R-DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 12:50   #5
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

sad.....

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 13:08   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Epic fail.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 18:03   #7
Bronto
Sleepless n00b

Bronto is on a distinguished road

This isn't the thread to bring up if the closure of the 2 planets was right or not..
But i have to say, that i kinda rofl'ed when reading that the 2 top planets got kicked >.<

Ruining Varok's short moments of fame since r16
Bronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 18:28   #8
The PK

Yea, Im pretty sure my face was priceless when I realized I had been kicked. We had just started talking about being top 10, then bam, taken from us in a heartbeat.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 18:51   #9
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator1
Note:
Don't make everybody HC on the last day. Its funny yes. It shows your loyal (!) members what
tools the HCs have in-game, true. But it also allows the bad apple to kick your top 2 members.
if this happened in any alliance i was in/running the HC whos bright idea it was to even consider giving everybody HC status to "show off tools" or whatever else would be out on their arse so damn fast.

never ever give HC status to people who shouldnt have it, especially before the ticker has stopped. as said above...epic fail and i think HA members owe it to themselves to see the HC command members head on a stick for such an idiotic action.

nevertheless...grats on top 10 finish orbit...even if it arrived via rather dubious standards

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 21:01   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why do HA members owe it to themselves to see their HC command members head on a stick? In fact, what the hell does that even mean?

P.S.
Everyone is HC in the Ascendancy tag, and it has been like that since tick 1. If nothing else, it allows people to show their loyalty (haha) while it isn't that important yet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 21:05   #11
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

Head ->
Stick -> |

Shall I just put it next to yours, what with Insomnia finishing so well and all?
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 21:09   #12
elfy

elfy is an unknown quantity at this point

i swear i've seen another thread recently about him coming back with ins, and i swear i saw a post about a month ago about mek finally going away, again, and i swear his sig says he's retired for good, maybe he should and stop thrusting his ineffuctual musings on the rest of the world
elfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 21:30   #13
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

oh well think most of the HA members played a good round that we can be proud of.
just sad that some stupid immature **** screwed things up a bit for us in the end.

he better changes his nick next round or i'll **** him up all round long, didn't want to play next round but i'll join up and attack him all round long

R23 BC HA for now 122th
R22 bc HA 200th
R21 member HA 81st
R20 member HA 600th
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 23:21   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR
just sad that some stupid immature **** screwed things up a bit for us in the end.

he better changes his nick next round or i'll **** him up all round long, didn't want to play next round but i'll join up and attack him all round long
It's a good thing you're all grown up and mature, right?
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 23:42   #15
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
if this happened in any alliance i was in/running the HC whos bright idea it was to even consider giving everybody HC status to "show off tools" or whatever else would be out on their arse so damn fast.

never ever give HC status to people who shouldnt have it, especially before the ticker has stopped. as said above...epic fail and i think HA members owe it to themselves to see the HC command members head on a stick for such an idiotic action.

nevertheless...grats on top 10 finish orbit...even if it arrived via rather dubious standards

Mek
sometimes Mek people dont think things through properly, like the round a certain hc decided to quit, posted his login details in support channel, cos he was annoyed i think, and some enterprising soul logged in and kicked all the members.

If we all learn from others mistakes , its the easy way, from our own mistakes is the hard way.
sad for HA that they had to learn it this hard tho.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 00:26   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

What do you mean "this hard", they went down 3 places in the rankings of a tick-based browser game. Hardly the disaster of the century.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 00:38   #17
elfy

elfy is an unknown quantity at this point

in the context of the lesson learned i think it's a hard one
elfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 03:59   #18
The PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
What do you mean "this hard", they went down 3 places in the rankings of a tick-based browser game. Hardly the disaster of the century.
This is a great travesty, ranks up there with 9/11, Chernobyl, and the Holocaust.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:02   #19
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Why do HA members owe it to themselves to see their HC command members head on a stick? In fact, what the hell does that even mean?

P.S.
Everyone is HC in the Ascendancy tag, and it has been like that since tick 1. If nothing else, it allows people to show their loyalty (haha) while it isn't that important yet.
not really a relevant example, since in most of ascendancy's previous rounds only a handful have been hc ingame (and for good reason)

(the reason being that alki was ascendancy)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:03   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

by the way, hidden agenda should change their name to hidden angels

LOL
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:04   #21
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PK
This is a great travesty, ranks up there with 9/11, Chernobyl, and the Holocaust.
2/3 of those weren't far from being some of the greatest achievements of humanity
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:05   #22
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

not really an inappropriate responce no, i dont see how any member would be happy with their command giving people HC access intag who dont deserve it especially when, as a result of this, it costs the alliance 3 places especially after they spent the entire round working hard to get into the top 10. if anybody would be happy with this please tell me because i personally would be wanting to see heads roll

Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:07   #23
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

could be worse, the whole ally could have disbanded, then you'd want heads to roll eh

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:12   #24
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
could be worse, the whole ally could have disbanded, then you'd want heads to roll eh
lame attempt at trolling and that subject is something for a entirely different thread kthnx

Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:15   #25
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

what does it have to do with you? i was merely pointing out that like mistwraiths example things could have been much worse.

-Cead
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:18   #26
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
what does it have to do with you? i was merely pointing out that like mistwraiths example things could have been much worse.
it could have ofc. i wonder why the person who booted the top 2 people from the tag didnt go the whole hog and just disband the tag completely for maximum shock value

Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:23   #27
Ceadrath

some lasting sense of 'taking things too far' perhaps

-Cead
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 14:29   #28
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
some lasting sense of 'taking things too far' perhaps
people still have a conscience? :P

Unread 20 Oct 2007, 17:30   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.

"see heads roll", "ruin someone's round", "taking things too far".

Some people got their account removed from an arbitrary collection of accounts during the last few hours of the round of a browser game. Quite possibly they were a little pissed off, but does that mean their entire round was ruined? If this is true, then the only pleasure they get out of playing this game is seeing a single or double digit number in front of their nicknames at the end of it, they're both pathetic and an idiot, and should find a hobby that they actually enjoy doing. And so are and should the people who are trying to make it seem like the crime of the century. Get over yourselves.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 17:48   #30
Ceadrath

some people also like to see the hard work and effort they put into the round rewarded in the way that a game rewards them, in the sense that they get a higher rank. Just because some selfish person decided to take that away from them and you decide that 'rank isn't everything' doesn't mean they have no right to make a big deal about it.

-Cead
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 20:19   #31
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

imho its a shame the bad apples make doing something fun like this - we are a fun, laid back, non-hardcore, semi-training alliance after all - a naive mistake. Without these kind of bad apples this would have been the fun thing it should have been.

In my humble opinion the blame goes directly to the bad apples of this game and humanity in general. Directly because they do the actual crappy stuff. And indirectly because without them this HC thing wouldn't even have been considered a mistake.

Anyways there have been no rolling heads. And I haven't really seen anyone in our alliance even ask for that. Not even PK and Aihal who were the real victims of this incident. Although that might be because they are terrified of our totalitarian reign.

Mek imho you either take this game or Hidden Agenda one step to seriously.

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 05:12   #32
The PK

In the end, thanks to a great day, we only dropped 2 spots, because of our alliance attack on one of the tops. We had a great round, 3 of our people made top 100, and even though Aihal and I didnt get counted to the final score, apocco was nice enough to put our alliance tag next to our names in the top 100, so that the alliance gets credit for us being up there in wiki. BTW, you both have it right. Our sole purpose is not for a #, but it is nice to see our teamwork come to a higher(or lower i guess) # then what HA is use to getting. Anyways, i dont blame monkey, he thought it would be cool to show everyone tools and hindsight is always 20/20. Great round everyone in HA.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 09:31   #33
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
not really an inappropriate responce no, i dont see how any member would be happy with their command giving people HC access intag who dont deserve it especially when, as a result of this, it costs the alliance 3 places especially after they spent the entire round working hard to get into the top 10. if anybody would be happy with this please tell me because i personally would be wanting to see heads roll

neeerrrrdddd....

You really think it's that big of a deal? Tick browser game and not in the t10?