User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Sep 2007, 09:56   #51
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Omfg Tof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
This is just too good. The Mighty eXi and friends having to gang up on little old ToF. Poor ToF that has never been taken seriously and has never won a round and big, bad eXi has to muster all it's strength and allies to steal some roids. This is just classic. It's like high school when all the jocks would gather round and tell stories about how they bravely beat up some punk little nerd. Dignity is something that cannot be bought or won. eXi has lost all respect in my opinion.
Poor little ToF, poor poor.

Quote:
I am just surprised by how low the point difference is. ToF is only 20.4 million points away. eXi should have a much larger score gap by now. At this rate they will not make 300 mil in total score by round end. How sad.
Isn't that alone, in addition to ToF trying to dimunish the gap by attacking eXilition, reason to attack the poor little ToF? I bet your original post is trying to be sarcastic about the situation, but I'm not quite sure.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 09:57   #52
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Seems none have looked on it from our side in this. If we had hit eXi with all the other alliances it would have been ToF that got whacked back. We would have been given the eXilition incomings as opposed to other alliances as we were bigger/fatter/closer to there score.
Yeah that's funny because you'll find looking back.. eXilition has typically not gone for alliances of that description while fighting blocks.
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 10:23   #53
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Seems none have looked on it from our side in this. If we had hit eXi with all the other alliances it would have been ToF that got whacked back. We would have been given the eXilition incomings as opposed to other alliances as we were bigger/fatter/closer to there score.
So now they dont focus on you, because you are hitting them alone?
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 10:29   #54
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

My best guess is that eX hit a gal with a ToF HC / BC in it, and that guy got pissed and arranged to hit eX in a moment of rage :P
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 10:50   #55
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

And then they hit back and so exi hit tof.
And then they went for a nap probably.

Thats my guess
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 11:00   #56
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

nice postings ^^

now whats the point in going to hit the leading alliance if there the chance to survive the night is kinda low, while ToF was watching all the other alliances die in the same war they just started ? o_O
do they think they can succeed alone ?

else why didnt all allys block vs exi very early ? i heard they won all the last rounds ( i was quite some time not playing pa )

now everyone is talking about how shit everything went and how exi ruins the game etc
why dont you blame yourself for worse decicions ?

Unread 28 Sep 2007, 12:20   #57
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

as i am not allowed to post links in text format:

actual ToF raid on a planet: game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=4185
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 12:21   #58
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

ah now i got 15 posts
another try with the link :>
http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=4185
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 12:57   #59
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This is just too good. The Mighty eXi and friends having to gang up on little old ToF. Poor ToF that has never been taken seriously and has never won a round and big, bad eXi has to muster all it's strength and allies to steal some roids. This is just classic. It's like high school when all the jocks would gather round and tell stories about how they bravely beat up some punk little nerd. Dignity is something that cannot be bought or won. eXi has lost all respect in my opinion.
you play with fire you get burned

its really not rocket science travler. did you really expect eXilition to sit back and let you roid them? if you did then you may aswell end it all now as there is no more hope for you.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 16:24   #60
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
I still like this one better
http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=4070
Two ToF vs exi planet...
<@jer> angels really is a disease <@JBG> yeah <@jer> even hude has turned incompetent <@JBG> it's no coincidence with hude no <@JBG> 2 rounds with us, 4 with exi <@JBG> 120 ticks with angels <@JBG> and boom

He still hasn't recovered
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 18:00   #61
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
I still like this one better
http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=4070
Two ToF vs exi planet...
id take the roidlosses rather then the 700k value losses anyday
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 18:15   #62
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
So now they dont focus on you, because you are hitting them alone?
Please stop flaming when my post already answers all the crap you've just wrote. I dont think we should have attacked them now, its pointless + we are and will continue to get a shafting. I thought id made that clear enough already.
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 18:23   #63
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Religfree, I think you may find that Exilition have historically got rid of the weakest alliance first in the opposing block. For example, (R18?) they bashed xVx so bad that they made go back to being a 'neutral' alliance twards them again. So it doesn't necessarily follow that they would have retalled you immediately. Ofc that doesn't mean that you wouldnt have kept for another day :P
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 18:30   #64
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Religfree, I think you may find that Exilition have historically got rid of the weakest alliance first in the opposing block. For example, (R18?) they bashed xVx so bad that they made go back to being a 'neutral' alliance twards them again. So it doesn't necessarily follow that they would have retalled you immediately. Ofc that doesn't mean that you wouldnt have kept for another day :P
Valid point

eX hit whoever they will believe will leave the block first or thats so it seems... or they just let them NAP them

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 19:08   #65
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

It's ToF people?

Let me say it one more time very slowly for those of you not quite inteligant enough to understand.

T O F

I wouldn't call them the most powerful PA millitary in the game, I wouldn't say they have the most adept HC nor the political savy to wade through the tones of BS and counter BS thats constantly fflung around in PA politics.

But Wait ....

The CT BG is in TOF. GASP SHOCK HORROR clearly this makes T O F ... CT!!!

again for those not in the know, T O F is not CT. If we were active enough and cared enough we would of been our own alliance.

I know all I have been doing all round is hit the best target I can find, in the begining it was for roids and now with the war on it's for xp. Basicly I am just playing the game with out bothering to look at the big picture. From what I can see in the CT group, this appears to be the case as well.

Although i am enjoying reuniting with the old DLR gang for some big xp landings

So once again I say. OMFG PEOPLE IT'S TOF, there isn't even one alliance that could lead a colalition against exi.

Exi can win every round who cares, I don't I like trying to blow up the deathstar everynight.

Red leader to gold leader I have a shot. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG SPLAT

(although we have blown a few of them up in the last few days)
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 19:44   #66
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
It's ToF people?

Let me say it one more time very slowly for those of you not quite inteligant enough to understand.

T O F

I wouldn't call them the most powerful PA millitary in the game, I wouldn't say they have the most adept HC nor the political savy to wade through the tones of BS and counter BS thats constantly fflung around in PA politics.

But Wait ....

again for those not in the know, T O F is not CT. If we were active enough and cared enough we would of been our own alliance.

I know all I have been doing all round is hit the best target I can find, in the begining it was for roids and now with the war on it's for xp. Basicly I am just playing the game with out bothering to look at the big picture. From what I can see in the CT group, this appears to be the case as well.

Although i am enjoying reuniting with the old DLR gang for some big xp landings

So once again I say. OMFG PEOPLE IT'S TOF, there isn't even one alliance that could lead a colalition against exi.

Exi can win every round who cares, I don't I like trying to blow up the deathstar everynight.

Red leader to gold leader I have a shot. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG SPLAT

(although we have blown a few of them up in the last few days)

No Having 30 planets that were once CT doesnt make Tof The Conspiracy alliance. Although, thats a huge chunk of Tofs origonal memberbase from previous rounds. Meaning 30 players who are used to the major wars, that are used to pollitics and are also used to fighting against exi. Reason why you guys of course didnt actually carry on with CT as its own tag was becuase you knew a lot of your players (as ours) ran to other 'returning' alliances. Plus of course you lost duck due to active duty.

Im also amused you seem to think ToF HC cant play any great pollitical view on this game. Are you also btw informing me no one from the CT block has any major influence or HC role at all within ToF? (ie the likes of Germ, one of the best military guys ive ever witnessed, and gm.. isnt he tof hc this round?)

Tbh im not here to debate if ToF is CT or not. As of course it isnt. The ToF tag is there and we can all see it. Not the Conspiracy tag. Point is for you guys to come on here and claim exi are cowards for hitting you... little tof makes me fall of my chair with laughter. This whole thread is about the fact tof didnt hit exi when the rest were, although i have to admit they did try and organise somthing, but the lovely ministry and even Destiny saw to the end of that (the whole removing everyone from the channel incident which broke us from the block also) So i cant blame you for that. But i dont like people bitching after been roided, when they decide to finally take on exi when everyone else is more or less dead. Or has their own agenda now.

Plus your ranked second in the universe. Great average score. And ofc apart from fcrew, your the only alliance against exi left with decent roids. So, if you hit them... the logic is they are bound to retaliate. Deal with it. Your not a small alliance. gl and all that.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 20:22   #67
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's ToF people?
Ok.

Quote:

T O F

[...]

It's ToF, you moron.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 21:20   #68
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I don't really care about why the block collapsed, since far more knowledgable people than me have discussed it at length already. I'm focusing on the decision to hit eXilition now, which was foolhardy at best.

And given that ToF are second in the universe, they can't have hit eXilition much (if at all) since the block collapsed, can they?
Its Damned if you do and damned if you don't with you lot isn't it. Kargool and TGV got an awful lot of stick last round for sitting on their arses while in second place and letting #1 run away without a fight. ToF on the other hand first tried to join in with the 'block' before being treated with a complete lack of respect.

At the time of this what motivation did ToF have to go at eXil solo while the block was attacking. If the block had been successful then ToF would have benefited without getting their hands dirty so why put yourself at the front of the line for retals by soloing.

The blocks failed and rather than just sit there and settle for second they have decided to try and do what the block couldnt. Yes maybe it would have been better for them to pull a TGV from a score pov but they are having a go so if 'pulling a tgv' isnt acceptable calling them things like foolish is just taking the piss.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 06:10   #69
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Its Damned if you do and damned if you don't with you lot isn't it. Kargool and TGV got an awful lot of stick last round for sitting on their arses while in second place and letting #1 run away without a fight. ToF on the other hand first tried to join in with the 'block' before being treated with a complete lack of respect.

At the time of this what motivation did ToF have to go at eXil solo while the block was attacking. If the block had been successful then ToF would have benefited without getting their hands dirty so why put yourself at the front of the line for retals by soloing.

The blocks failed and rather than just sit there and settle for second they have decided to try and do what the block couldnt. Yes maybe it would have been better for them to pull a TGV from a score pov but they are having a go so if 'pulling a tgv' isnt acceptable calling them things like foolish is just taking the piss.
I think everyone is forgetting that eXi still has the most value, score and roids. I would love to land on a couple of them. I would get huge xp gains. War? Not likely. This is just about trying to land on the best targets possible. It just so happens that they are eXi.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 14:11   #70
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, you all act like complete 8 year olds.
'oh he kicked me from his channel, so i don't want to play with him anymore'
'i am not going to talk with you as long as that other guy is in here'
bla bla bla
Grow the fk up. I guess the reason eX wins every round is because HCs act like little prats that run to mommy every time things don't go their way.
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 16:26   #71
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's pretty funny how after all the hype of "omg exilition will win this round!" and "we'd better take them down early on!" they still annihilated every other alliance... again.

You're all a bunch of spazzes
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 18:02   #72
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Haha tof
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 18:24   #73
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Btw, you all act like complete 8 year olds.
'oh he kicked me from his channel, so i don't want to play with him anymore'
Its hardly a case of 'don't want to play with him anymore'. Its pretty hard to take part in an organised attack even if you want to when certain peoples ego's decide they dont need certain alliances involved and decide to pin the blame for leaks at their door so they can exclude them.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 19:02   #74
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Its hardly a case of 'don't want to play with him anymore'. Its pretty hard to take part in an organised attack even if you want to when certain peoples ego's decide they dont need certain alliances involved and decide to pin the blame for leaks at their door so they can exclude them.
Are you trying to say that everybody excluded ToF and that's the reason they didn't join? I think Game already said that he repeatedly insisted to ToF that they should join in several times after the incident.
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 19:55   #75
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Why dont everyone hit this exisomething?
Would be fun ruining some randome nawbies round

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 10:35   #76
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wakey again.

Good post.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 11:16   #77
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Hasn't this same crap happened in Round 19? everyone too scared to attack eXi because "oh our allies will leave us to die so we'd rather just hand eXi the win than take that risk". What's even more funny is that this was predicted in round 19, and at the end people were all screaming "we'll learn from this mistake in the future" oh wait what happened here?
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 20:15   #78
Olympus
ToF FTW!

Olympus has a spectacular aura aboutOlympus has a spectacular aura aboutOlympus has a spectacular aura about

Ok.

So now what?
Everybody that didnt want to join in the fight, because we didnt help out initially, should now be done with it. We are roided flat, and obviously flooded with incs.

It's not about our own rank this round. It's about eXi's rank.
People always cry when they see eXi win, well if you want to stop it, you should fight them. There are 2 weeks left in this round, and if a couple of alliances combine their strenght, we could maybe make a difference.

Let's not be a pussy for once, and work together to fight em.
And if you say no, fine... but in that case salute eXillition for their excellent game play and their earned victory. No whining in the EORC.

My humble opinion.
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 03:11   #79
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
eX has nothing to do with this game going down. If all the alliances in this game had at least a fifth of the dedication eX shows every round they play, we would all have awesome rounds of fight after fight. Don't blame eX for being too good at PA, blame yourselves for being too shit at it.
Or we blame PA for not really being worth playing.

It is however safe to say that eXi steamrolling this round accelerated the process of people who are sick of the game finally quitting or going inactive. But I can't blame eXi for coming back to win a round even if it puzzles and frustrates me a bit. They are just playing the game.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 1 Oct 2007 at 04:28.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 10:11   #80
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Am i reading this correctly ? the fight vs Exi was lost because ToF didn't join it ??? You're giving too much importance to a single ally who has little experience in being in top2.
HCs ego have lost it, people who think they have the skills when all they have is the position...
The marginal damage caused by attacks increases as more attacks are launched.

For example, eXilition may be able to stop 80 incoming fleets per night. Hit them with 100 fleets and 20 would get through. Hit them with 120 fleets and 40 will get through. A 20% increase in total firepower leads to a 100% increase in damage. Of course, it's far more complex than this, but it explains the point... on the nights where eX were held to ~0 growth, an extra 80-100 fleets would have turned that into a night of heavy losses.

Quote:
I know you didn't have anything to do with this, but it was quite obvious what was going to happen.

If ToF had have hit eXi earlier, eXi might not have won. Sure, they may have retaliated against ToF, but they would have had to swap their fire over to other alliances eventually as you dried up on roids or other allies posed a threat. eX may have threatened to bash you into the ground but they almost certainly wouldn't have done because they would have to keep other allies down too. If eXi were beaten, ToF would be in a universe with balance and a chance to win without being utterly outclassed by any individual opposing ally. And they'd have the advantage if they'd been hit first; ToF's morale would be on the upswing because of the recovery & victory over eX, whilst the alliances that eX had switched to targetting would be on the downswing.

By sitting out, ToF were committed to fencing the whole round or getting bashed the moment eXi decided they didn't like you.

ToF aren't the first ally to **** up and I doubt they'll be the last, and there can often be decent reasons (I did it too. At least twice.), I just hope that the lesson will sink into HC's skulls this time, and that they'll be able to look further than their own nose in future.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 10:25   #81
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
If ToF had have hit eXi earlier, eXi might not have won. Sure, they may have retaliated against ToF, but they would have had to swap their fire over to other alliances eventually as you dried up on roids or other allies posed a threat. eX may have threatened to bash you into the ground but they almost certainly wouldn't have done because they would have to keep other allies down too.
What you just described eX would supposedly do is the reason why most alliances don't win. That is, switching targets because of roids instead of concentrating on getting rid of a threat.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 16:12   #82
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

any alliance that is in a 5 ally block and decides to quit because they've been bashed is stupid.
The more they get bashed, the smaller the opponent's gains become and the larger the losses, once they get beaten the alliance that gets bashed may not win the round, but they've basically won the war, and against eXi they can be "part of the block that toppled the greatest alliance in PaX" which is better than fencesitting and losing like ToF did.
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 22:45   #83
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
What you just described eX would supposedly do is the reason why most alliances don't win. That is, switching targets because of roids instead of concentrating on getting rid of a threat.
There is a some truth to that, but by and large eXi switch targets to get roids like everyone else even when they actually are facing a threat. That is all academic however, since this round there is no alliance anywhere near strong enough that eXi would need to consider them a threat. The smartest strategy for eX would have been doing what Gate described or attacking whichever hostile block alliance seemed most likely to give up, depending on exactly how much success the block was having roiding eXi.

To this thread in general, it is obviously true that going to war with eX late rather than making an early block work is a glaring strategic mistake, that said even if ToF had joined the early block, the odds would still have been massively in eX's favor to win.
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 09:04   #84
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
To this thread in general, it is obviously true that going to war with eX late rather than making an early block work is a glaring strategic mistake, that said even if ToF had joined the early block, the odds would still have been massively in eX's favor to win.
but ToF's refusal to join a block, and the rest of the crap with the block and its member alliances, effectively handed exilition the win. Saying that even if ToF had joined the block exi could have won....they are 70 players you 4(?) amount to somewhere in the region of 250 planets. they could not sustain a fight against 250 planets for 2/3 weeks or even the whole round should you have managed to keep it together that long.

then end of it, excuses aside, it comes down to HC incompetence and the inability to look past their own agenda. If they had managed to think about somebody other than themselves for even a couple of weeks we would not be seeing the game in its current state and, ultimately, the death of planetarion as we know it.

lets face it ToF, grats on finding some balls.....but it smacks of saving face for the AD community

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 10:20   #85
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
but ToF's refusal to join a block, and the rest of the crap with the block and its member alliances, effectively handed exilition the win. Saying that even if ToF had joined the block exi could have won....they are 70 players you 4(?) amount to somewhere in the region of 250 planets. they could not sustain a fight against 250 planets for 2/3 weeks or even the whole round should you have managed to keep it together that long.
The number of people in the tags means very very little.

Of course ToF's actions made it easier for eX to win. Most of the PA community has been making decisions that helped eX win since before tickstart, welcome to round 23.

Quote:
then end of it, excuses aside, it comes down to HC incompetence and the inability to look past their own agenda. If they had managed to think about somebody other than themselves for even a couple of weeks we would not be seeing the game in its current state and, ultimately, the death of planetarion as we know it.
You think that just the addition of ToF would have allowed them to strip eXi's roids? You think all those personalities would have just gotten along fine with ToF onboard? You think that all of those alliances and their members would continue hitting roidless exi planets to keep them suppressed for weeks rather than breaking off to get better landings? You think that those alliances would be fine watching neutral alliances pass them in the rankings and distance themselves from the warring parties? You think as eXi went down not one of those alliances would look to make a move to get themselves above the others? You think eXi couldn't give any of those alliances enough incoming to get their members to give up on the war? You think that no other alliances in PA would join with eXi if they felt the need for more allies?

Could ToF joining the block have led to the block bashing eXi and opening up the round, it's certainly possible. I don't think its probable, but who the hell knows. It's obvious to everyone that ToF's policy this round was confused, but you give them far too much credit for the fate of the round.
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 11:55   #86
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
You think that just the addition of ToF would have allowed them to strip eXi's roids? You think all those personalities would have just gotten along fine with ToF onboard? You think that all of those alliances and their members would continue hitting roidless exi planets to keep them suppressed for weeks rather than breaking off to get better landings? You think that those alliances would be fine watching neutral alliances pass them in the rankings and distance themselves from the warring parties? You think as eXi went down not one of those alliances would look to make a move to get themselves above the others? You think eXi couldn't give any of those alliances enough incoming to get their members to give up on the war? You think that no other alliances in PA would join with eXi if they felt the need for more allies?

Could ToF joining the block have led to the block bashing eXi and opening up the round, it's certainly possible. I don't think its probable, but who the hell knows. It's obvious to everyone that ToF's policy this round was confused, but you give them far too much credit for the fate of the round.

I side with Gate on this one, with ToF's involvement the block could well have gained the upper hand.

Quote:
The marginal damage caused by attacks increases as more attacks are launched.

For example, eXilition may be able to stop 80 incoming fleets per night. Hit them with 100 fleets and 20 would get through. Hit them with 120 fleets and 40 will get through. A 20% increase in total firepower leads to a 100% increase in damage. Of course, it's far more complex than this, but it explains the point... on the nights where eX were held to ~0 growth, an extra 80-100 fleets would have turned that into a night of heavy losses.
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 12:00   #87
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The block wouldn't have lasted if ToF had joined, just like it didn't last without them. The higher the number of parties that are involved in a cooperation, the higher the chance of arguments, bickering, friendly fire, backstabbing, the list goes on. Hindsight is 20/20 though, ToF didn't back out because they felt the block would fall apart, they backed out because they were bullied. Which is a little sad (this applies to both the bullies and the bullied).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 15:03   #88
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Gotta agree with you there, mz. Having ToF in your block is a safe bet on getting friendly fire
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 18:49   #89
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
As Germania pointed out, I doubt eX would have really considered bashing any alliance into the ground this round. The only alliance I remember eX ever doing this to was 1up, since 1up were competent enough to be a threat on their own.

Normally alliances are 'persuaded' to drop out by eX threats, lack of discipline amongst members or lack of foresight by the HC.
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 20:48   #90
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I side with Gate on this one, with ToF's involvement the block could well have gained the upper hand.
You are also siding with me. It could have worked and it was the only thing that might have worked. That doesn't mean it would have worked. Even so, just getting an early upper hand on eXi would have been a small step towards taking eXi out of the running. There are many more issues to consider.
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 21:53   #91
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
As Germania pointed out, I doubt eX would have really considered bashing any alliance into the ground this round. The only alliance I remember eX ever doing this to was 1up, since 1up were competent enough to be a threat on their own.
Its not necessary to bash anyone when couple of nights of concentrated incomings are enough to drop someone out. That said, I don't think we'd switch targets for roids if other matters were seen necessary.
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 09:26   #92
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Its not necessary to bash anyone when couple of nights of concentrated incomings are enough to drop someone out. That said, I don't think we'd switch targets for roids if other matters were seen necessary.
I was simply arguing that if ToF didn't fold after a couple of nights, eXi wouldn't have bashed them for the weeks it would take to achieve victory. Especially if there's hope of victory, unlike what actually happened.
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 10:49   #93
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Are we actually disagreeing somewhere or not?
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 13:03   #94
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
we didnt do 5 waves on 300 roids planets every day like we did on 1up

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 15:52   #95
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc
what about your galaxy
Arc FTW !!

Quote:
eX has nothing to do with this game going down. If all the alliances in this game had at least a fifth of the dedication eX shows every round they play, we would all have awesome rounds of fight after fight. Don't blame eX for being too good at PA, blame yourselves for being too shit at it.
Well said. eXilition have dedicated players. Most of the other alliance's quit after losing roids.

PS. I am not eXilition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh
lols.

PS DONT GO TERRAN YOU GET ****ED
You think Terrans bad? Try Etd!

Last edited by Clouds; 3 Oct 2007 at 16:02.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 18:39   #96
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Are we actually disagreeing somewhere or not?
I don't think so

My argument is that ToF's only chance to win was to hit eXilition earlier when there was an opposing block.

And that eXilition wouldn't have bashed them into the ground if they didn't fold after a few nights, but would have instead shifted targets to whoever they either perceived to be a genuine threat, or whoever they thought would actually fold.

So the argument that 'eXi would have bashed us!' doesn't make a huge amount of sense as a reason for staying out, unless ToF intended to try and fence the whole round.
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 19:39   #97
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inforza
we didnt do 5 waves on 300 roids planets every day like we did on 1up
Even we less roids I was still superior to you.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 23:10   #98
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Am i reading this correctly ? the fight vs Exi was lost because ToF didn't join it ??? You're giving too much importance to a single ally who has little experience in being in top2.
HCs ego have lost it, people who think they have the skills when all they have is the position...
Well said!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 23:37   #99
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

i just love the fact that tof is claiming that they were in the initial anti-exi block.
strange as i know vgn hc's been working on it since they heard exil played. there's been a 3 ally block before the round even started (didn't tof know that by now) those 3 we're supposed to take exil down they FAILED. first jenova died, vgn loses several hc's due to stupid reasons and several high profile members to VS(right fenix?). only ministry and vgn left when des joined them in the fight. still tof sat on theyre fence. and finally when ministry got shot down also they move theyre ass. great timing guys really great.
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2007, 23:59   #100
K-W
Bored

I don't think anyone claimed ToF was in the original block hylands and ToF's later actions prove pretty conclusively that ToF's interests were not in fence sitting. ToF hesitated because it was unsure of itself and because it didn't trust some of the people it was working with. Should that have stopped them from trying, not really, but I think we've already covered that extensively here.

Last edited by K-W; 4 Oct 2007 at 00:05.