User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 22 May 2017, 21:41   #1
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Action from the start!

Cores are way too overpowered compared to early attacking, no way even with good roiding to beat the cores tbh. Only thing is that u gain some early xp over core builders.

So balance it out?
Unread 22 May 2017, 23:53   #2
Link27

Link27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Action from the start!

Cant we all just get along
Unread 23 May 2017, 10:00   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

if you invest in cores you do get good value, but at the expense of things like ship travel techs and ship techs and that's going to hurt you a bit by tick 200 or so.

are you saying core should give less resources? or have bigger research times?
Unread 23 May 2017, 10:12   #4
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Give less resources, its good to have a basic income, but roids should value more.

Other option is to increase income from roids. It doesn't help either that they are more expensive now, which results to less capping.

As an example last round I started with attacking, did fairly well aswell beeing somewhere in top 10. I don't remember any exact numbers, but lets say I had something like 300 roids more than the idling planet next to me building cores and he had like double more income than myself. As a conclusion its rather ridiculously off balance and doesn't much pay off to be "active" in the beginning.

It is valid to have 2 options for the start, but right now its sadly limited to just one.

Last edited by Ave; 23 May 2017 at 10:23.
Unread 24 May 2017, 09:26   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Finished core research is 75000 base income, or 300 roids' worth.

It's a lot, yeah, but I don't really mind it. A good basic income allows more people to keep up with the rat race, until the point where value actually starts playing a role: late-round alliance wars.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 May 2017, 19:05   #6
Nymfo

Nymfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Saves my ass
Unread 24 May 2017, 23:41   #7
Satyr

Satyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura about

Cores arent OP, I might even say Core3 should only be 6400 RP.
They are imo a good solution (together with refineries) for keeping the value of the playerbase closer together. In the long run even topplanets benefit from that. I remember how it was 40 rounds ago, top10 planets could barely attack anyone due to bashlimits, didnt have any problems with bashlimits in r70/71..
Closed Thread