User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2015, 00:39   #1
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Question about the game and communication in game

Hi there,
was playing the other game a while now and I have to say I miss the action..

So if I was thinking about a come back to PA, what can I expect? I left the round when PA was taken over by Ranul Tech and there wasn't any big change back then...
That's 1 or 2 years ago. IRC was the main communication program... In times of Whatsapp did this change? Are there still alliances that are ringing you awake at night times and SMS spamming until you lose your sleep? Just asking because I recently installed mIRC just to find out that I completely forgot how to set that monster up propperly.

Second part of the question is: What improvements have there been since Ranul took over the business? A quick check on the CT KIA shows me the player count is still low... Has there been gameplay improvements which make it worth playing anyway?

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2015, 02:04   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Question about the game and communication in game

PA has not been "taken over" by Ranul Tech, rather it was on the brink of death and Lunar_Lamp struck a deal with Jagex to keep it alive - for now. Same owners, same management, though with a bit more freedom to make changes.

The changes in the last few rounds have been minimal, as usual. PA Team mostly changes the game to make it more usable, think Alliance Defense page and scan requests. Other than that there have been tweaks (like XP formulae) but the core gameplay is and will be the same for a while. See the changes from last round page for more specific information.

People will still ring you up because attacks still occur at the optimal time (which is when most people are asleep), and Whatsapp has replaced SMS mostly, not IRC, though some of the activity has gone to Whatsapp groups.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 11:47   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Wb korsan my friend

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 12:14   #4
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Hey! Come find me in #vision!
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 18:33   #5
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Didn't join yet.. Seems like the game is already well advanced. Might come and crash my fleet somewhere

Will join #vision as soon as I find the time to set up irc

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 22:43   #6
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

you need to find time to watch bleach. stay away from pa ;-P