User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Feb 2006, 19:21   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
login question

could they plz be changed back to the way the were?
half of the time i can't even read what it sais so i end up guessing and failing alot.
Would hate to be considered a bot trying to log in just caus i can't read the questions

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 19:39   #2
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve
Re: login question

my record so far is 6 tries to make it \o/ Especially at 4.30am, half sleep, and in a rush
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 19:41   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

It's extremely annoying when you get the login question and just see a bunch of gibberish, not even a visible question

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 21:12   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its especially bad when your trying to access PA through a mobile device with a small screen. On my mobile using Opera Mini I cant read the majority of them. It needs to be a little more readable and maybe also bigger text
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 00:07   #5
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Once this round I've managed to log in on the 1st try. Logged in an hour ago and it took me 4 tries.

It's insane.
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 00:17   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have suggestions for some questions which should make it easier to access PA:

'What is the standard ratio of deuterium to hydrogen in nature?'
'What was the middle name of Adolf Hitler's dad's dad's dad's dad?'
'Translate into cuniform: 'I will not cheat at planetarion''
'Explain for me the theory of quantum electrodynamics, giving examples'
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 00:33   #7
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I have suggestions for some questions which should make it easier to access PA:

'What is the standard ratio of deuterium to hydrogen in nature?'
'What was the middle name of Adolf Hitler's dad's dad's dad's dad?'
'Translate into cuniform: 'I will not cheat at planetarion''
'Explain for me the theory of quantum electrodynamics, giving examples'
Sound good to me, then I'd be one of the few who could still log in, seeing as I know 2 of the 4 answers.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 02:54   #8
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

To be honest, usually 2nd go you can get in.

If this stop bots and monsters logging in, isnt it worth it ?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 08:31   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
Sound good to me, then I'd be one of the few who could still log in, seeing as I know 2 of the 4 answers.
Same. Which is much better than just getting 1 out of 4 with the current questions, isn't it?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 08:33   #10
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 10:43   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

"What do women want?"
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 11:33   #12
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Anything other than 'all your money' should equate account closure.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 22:06   #13
BlackDog
ND's Honourary Welshman

BlackDog is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: login question

Picture this:
It's night time. You load up IRC to see if your alliance needs some defense. It's 11:57pm and one of your nice friendly neghbourhood dcs (or a cleverly crafted defbot) says "give me your ships you useless nub!" So you scramble to open up your browser, knowing that you have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to send that precious fleet, otherwise your nice little alliance buddy is gonna get himself mashed into small bitesize chunks. Imagine the horror when the first question confronts you:
"What is the 14th letter from the right: ASDFOKSAFOSEKPOEFKSPDOFKDSOPAKFDSPOFAKSKDF"
You stop, dumbfounded, and after the inital shock is over, you hit refresh on the grounds that you can't even count to fourteen. Or read. You now have 1 minute and 56 seconds to send.
Next quesion comes up:
"5 o 4 ="
Your first thought is that the PA team must have been sitting in some sort of chinese opium den when they decided to conjure up a mathematical symbol that a) doesn't exist and b)doesn't need to exist. You entertain this thought briefly before you actually start to panic.
A sweat builds on your brow, and You gaze at the deceptively friendly, but nontheless foreboding words at the top of the box
"Answer this simple question to log in"
Wiping your brow, you realise you have 1minute and 6 seconds before the tick.
You frantically hit refresh, swear once or twice and pray that they give you something that isn't
"Sum up quantum mechanics in one word".
The page loads, and the next question shows up:
"What is the capital of thailand?"
At this point you have two choices. You can hit refresh again and pray to the laws of probablilty that they ask you something simple, or you can go to google and look up the capital of thailand. (Which by the way is bangkok. Incidentally, this is a well known subliminal message from the PA team to get more girls to play, so I hear.) You decide that logically the first option will be quicker, since you know that "3 + 1=" is also a possible login question. So you hit refresh, with 35 seconds to the tick, and to your surprise, the next question isn't
"What is the name of snooker player Stephen Hendy's dog?"
but something so simple that it offends you beyond all belief. They hit you with this beauty:
"Are you trying to log in?"
You stop. You look at the question again. You re-read it. "PA" you say, "Why do you mock me so!" you type the word YES in capitals (even though you know no-one will read it) because you want to make a statement, and have to try extremely hard to resiti the urge to type "YESYESYESYOU****INGIDIOTIVEBEENTRYINTOFORTHEPAST3HOURS"
you click on "submit answer" and you're in. You have 14 seconds to tick. You have the fleet already set up, so you type the co-ordinates, select "defend" and click launh. Then it hits you with the sledgehammer blow: "The universe is being updated, please try again in a few minutes"

I therefore conclude that PA can be an emotional game. But remember this kids; Please don't let the overview questions drive you to violence, malice, hurt, self-harm, homicide, genocide or bleach drinking. After all, It's only a game......
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 00:11   #14
ElCoro

ElCoro can only hope to improve

I am 52....I have had enough of this.....if I squint anymore i will turn into an Asian (notice instead of offending one race I offended all) no harm intened. Please I am begging ya...lighten up on the login questions
ElCoro
ElCoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 02:36   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

- 'what's the difference between a bird ?'
- 'how old was Shakespeare ?'
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 02:42   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

If a train leaves Drammen at 48km ph, and a train leaves Oslo 15 minutes at 53km ph before the Train from Drammen, how long will it take for the trains to meet, if you add 35 seconds to each stop the train makes?
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 03:04   #17
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

"what is 3 6? (yeah, really blank between the 3 and the 6, no operator, no circle, no square, no heart, nothing")
(really happend to me)
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 11:37   #18
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
"What do women want?"
the answer box is way too small for that answer <-- if there was an answer

ps to al the lovely ladies im joking honest ;p

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 12:32   #19
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
"What do women want?"
Dick

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 13:36   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
"What do women want?"
Nadar
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 17:26   #21
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
could they plz be changed back to the way the were?
half of the time i can't even read what it sais so i end up guessing and failing alot.
Would hate to be considered a bot trying to log in just caus i can't read the questions
lol same here ... Please can you make these questions more clearer, god knows how many times I've hit the refresh button :/

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Vas is offline   Reply With Quote