User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Aug 2003, 20:27   #101
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
I don't want to join this pointless arguement, so don't bother replying, flaming me etc - but Vampy was present in the early meetings between Fang and Legion as a 'Fang representative' - probably where the whole 'Vampy was HC of Fang' thing came from.
he, it was a matter of speaking, obviously. Let's not create stories about this, we all know she was as usefull and she did asmuch work for the alliance as those rumours about FAnG/RaH/Fury had any truth in it

to you pple to judge I guess

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 20:43   #102
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by DiabZ
I never said i liked Titans did I?

Word!
Your opinion on that matter didn't count for much though.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 21:17   #103
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Ah was this your huge conspiracy theory involving Focht conspiring with Titans to get you hit ? Actually I think you accused me (And several other of our top galaxies) of ordering my galaxy not to defend, was your gal channel called #paranoidDelusions or something similar ?

sigh, u above anyone else know what all went on in Rd7. i would rather not reopen this old story, i was trying to make a point with DA's loyalty and that was it. her loyalty after that hit upon our gal, and the rampant rumours of how and why it was arranged was enough to make anyone wonder just WTF was going on

in the end, its all old news. hope this clears that up for you.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 22:05   #104
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
ironicly isn't it, that Fury in the end decided to stick with the backstabbers and drop their loyal ally and RaH doin the same and even denying they even knew us?

rgds Kj
which is why i joined FAnG in r8.. and u know that

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 22:57   #105
DiabZ

DiabZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Your opinion on that matter didn't count for much though.

Maybe my opinion didn't count, but as i recall Legion didn't help you out when Fury declared war against you.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 23:08   #106
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Maybe my opinion didn't count, but as i recall Legion didn't help you out when Fury declared war against you.
that might have something to do with Legion HC being a load of benders though, with their officers no better
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 23:23   #107
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
The amusing part of the RaH-Fury relationship in R7 (in a vain attempt to get this thread back to the original topic) is that Germ just about completely ****ed it over.

I've never quite explained it to him, but I figure it's an amusing enough story to share with everyone.

Consortium happens. Titans are howling with glee and antagonizing everyone in the shared command channel (yes, you were, still have the logs). So I decide to be a bit proactive and try to salvage something, and I end up talking to Petru.

Pet tells me that Germ, in effect, told him that RaH was to blame for Consortium. At this point, he was breathing fire and I figured he was about 2 seconds away from a public denouncement of Fury, etc. Which I couldn't rightly blame him for, as I would have been quite upset as well, because it's patently untrue.

Germ later told me that the Fury relationship with RaH was a major contributing factor to the Consortium incident, which is a blame-shift of epic proportions. From all the people I spoke to that night, a lot of the reasoning was simply because certain Fury command members were jackasses. Take a guess at which one in particular. I ended up having a long chat with one of Virus HC (damn I forgot his name, heh, the main one back then...) and tried to get Virus to calm down as well. All in all, Fury was to blame for Consortium, and it was only a lot of political pressure and the return of Biggdogg to Legion politics and command that stopped it. Fred and company started Consortium, as far as my sources were able to figure, and once they got stopped, it all fell apart. Every alliance was able to back down and slip quietly away except for Titans, who ended up being the scapegoat for the entire thing. Though, in my opinion, they deserved the moderate beatdown due to their needlessly antagonistic actions in the command channel.

That night was one of the major contributing factors as to why I ended up leaving Fury in favor of RaH for R8 - I didn't want to be part of an alliance commanded by people who just pissed off all our supposed friends. I had some regret when Sid was reputedly coming back for R8, but not when his command didn't actually really materialize and Fury ended up sliding again. I don't regret ever joining RaH though. They had a spirit that reminded me of Deus, and I felt more at home with them than I ever did with Wrath/Fury.

Now I just have to wait for Germ to start bawling about how it isn't really his fault, and then for Zhil to make a snide comment about my "betrayal"...all in a day's work. I'm off to play DAOC with Petru and Avie though, so you'll have to wait a while for a response.

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 23:28   #108
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
that might have something to do with Legion HC being a load of benders though, with their officers no better
That, or the fact that cryptic was hosting the Legion server and Biggdogg had higher access than anyone else.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:09   #109
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
Titans are howling with glee and antagonizing everyone in the shared command channel (yes, you were, still have the logs).
One or two people were. Not everyone. They did act completely out of order, though. Unfortunately I wasn't around at all that night.

However, I don't believe that without that attitude from those couple of people everything would have gone back to being the way it was. Fury needed to flex their muscles and prove how mighty (etc) they were.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:12   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
One or two people were. Not everyone. They did act completely out of order, though. Unfortunately I wasn't around at all that night.
same goes for the "proud to be FAnG" **** aswell Scouse. It were 2-3 pple doin it and it was completely out of order yet I've seen every titans member making a whining thread about it over the past few rounds.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:17   #111
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
same goes for the "proud to be FAnG" **** aswell Scouse. It were 2-3 pple doin it and it was completely out of order yet I've seen every titans member making a whining thread about it over the past few rounds.

rgds Kj
Not at all. There was a lot more idiots posting "Proud to be FAnG" over a long period of time, and I've seen more non-Titans people having a go at you for that than Titans people.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:25   #112
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Eol says hi.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:31   #113
DiabZ

Quote:

rgds Kj

You are so funny
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:32   #114
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Pet tells me that Germ, in effect, told him that RaH was to blame for Consortium. At this point, he was breathing fire and I figured he was about 2 seconds away from a public denouncement of Fury, etc. Which I couldn't rightly blame him for, as I would have been quite upset as well, because it's patently untrue.
Well, there were alot of factors involved in consortium. Rah was certainly a strong one. In the Rah/Virus conflict, both sides were in some sense wrong. Virus was wrong for hitting the outlying Rah planets after being told they were rah. Sention was wrong for what he did. Virus had every right to hit sention, but in the same sense they had no right attacking rah planets.

So Fury got stuck in the middle, watching BOTH sides escalate things. We stepped in and protected sention to avoid a war and I took MASSIVE **** from virus. Virus saw it as us taking rahs side against them. Look at aaranafs post in this thread. Fury were working with Rah and abandoning thier old allies in thier eyes. We certainly werent, we just got stuck in the middle of a conflict and there was no way to make everyone happy.

SO yah, when consortium hit I was pissed. I was pissed to a great degree, and I let my emotions get the better of me. I was using alot of anger with everyone I was talking to and I was unfair to Petru. But, the fact was that if Rah and Virus hadnt put themselves at a stand-off, the Virus anger and feeling of abandonment from Fury wouldnt have been anywhere near as high. And that was partly Rah's fault.

Quote:

Germ later told me that the Fury relationship with RaH was a major contributing factor to the Consortium incident, which is a blame-shift of epic proportions. From all the people I spoke to that night, a lot of the reasoning was simply because certain Fury command members were jackasses. Take a guess at which one in particular. I ended up having a long chat with one of Virus HC (damn I forgot his name, heh, the main one back then...) and tried to get Virus to calm down as well. All in all, Fury was to blame for Consortium
How niave are you? I mean seriously, I realize that your perspective here is so clouded by anti fury, anti germ bias that you prolly cant read straight, but come on.

Do you really think Virus and Legion were going to come out and say "we are doing this because we hate Fury, because they are #1 and because we want Rah/Fang's roids"?

Of course they werent. I was a jackass? How so? I know the incidents they used to explain this. The Rah/Virus dealings, the Legion/Fang issue, and the Titans/Fury issue.

Before adressing those, let me say that before those 3 incidents, I got along very well with everyone in the block. Im not trying to be a jerk here, but im a fairly personable guy. I dealt nothing but totally honestly and earnestly with all our allies in round 7. No one was calling me a jackass when we were all cooperating to take down wenx. No one was calling me a jackass when we started the round. But suddenly when Virus wanted a piece of Rah, Legion wanted a piece of fang, and Titans wanted to not go to war with us. Suddenly then I became a Jackass. How convienent.

Rah/Virus
Ive already explained this so I wont do to much more. But I ask you, was I being a Jackass? I had two allainces racing towards war, both of which had massive majorities of thier members in our galaxies. Neither side was right neither side was wrong. So Fury stopped the war. Virus was pissed as hell, and I tried to explain it to them, but they saw it as Fury and Rah vs them. I suppose from that perspective I looked like a Jackass.

Legion/Fang
The me being a jackass thing comes mainly from this incident. Because at one point in the channel I said something along the lines of "anyone who attacks anyone in the block is going to have to face Fury" when talk of hitting fang was really heating up. As Ive explained before Fury wasnt going to fight legion for fang. But we werent going to let legion do it without working it out with us first. It was an empty threat, and I didnt realize when I said it that I said it in such a hostile enviroment.

Titans
Well clearly I had to be villianized by them. Fury had to be. We werent going to back down from valy and niether were they. there was a serious chance of a Fury/Titans war, and Titans were smart enough to know what that would mean. So they villianzed me and Fury, because without a consortium situation, they couldnt stop us. Meanwhile in the valy situation I was offering to negotiate, while titans were strong arming me and refusing even to talk. But I guess that makes me a Jacass.

You dont exactly have to be sherlock holmes to see that there were other motives there. I certainly think you could have figured it out if you had tried.

Quote:

, and it was only a lot of political pressure and the return of Biggdogg to Legion politics and command that stopped it. Fred and company started Consortium, as far as my sources were able to figure, and once they got stopped, it all fell apart. Every alliance was able to back down and slip quietly away except for Titans, who ended up being the scapegoat for the entire thing. Though, in my opinion, they deserved the moderate beatdown due to their needlessly antagonistic actions in the command channel.
Fred never dealt with me. He was rarely in channels with me. Other than a few casual conversations and small allainces stuff I never spoke to or in front of Fred. Which shoudl prove pretty clearly that It had nothing to do with my personality. Fred was fred, he wanted DTA to win the round, and he wanted legion to win the round. I dont think he even really tried to hide that. LDK made them the same offer they made us earlier in the round, to help kill off the other big power. And fred took them up. I dont know how much he had to do with the lies and rumors that helped convince the rest that Fury were arrogant bullies plotting thier downfall. I assume he had a large part in it.

As far as stopping consortium, it was partly biggdoggs return. But Grendel immediately promised us Legion would not hit us even before that. I had a similar assurance from Biggie in virus. Consortium died almost as fast as it started. It was setup to go fast, so that the ships would fly before people realized what was going on.

Titans werent hit because of consortium. They were hit because they refused to even negotiate a mutually accaptable resolution to the valy incident. Then on top of that they refused to back down from consortium and reafirm thier allaince with us like Legion and Virus did, plus thier irc actions. Since they refused to act as our allies, we considered them in breach of our allaince.

Quote:

That night was one of the major contributing factors as to why I ended up leaving Fury in favor of RaH for R8 - I didn't want to be part of an alliance commanded by people who just pissed off all our supposed friends. I had some regret when Sid was reputedly coming back for R8, but not when his command didn't actually really materialize and Fury ended up sliding again. I don't regret ever joining RaH though. They had a spirit that reminded me of Deus, and I felt more at home with them than I ever did with Wrath/Fury.
Well, Im sorry that you made a discision with such poor information. Fury pissed off its allies because we were #1. And because we got tangled with Rah and Fang because the block wanted more support in the wenx war. Im happy that you are happier in Rah, but Id apprecaite if you didnt post garbage on the forums.

Quote:

Now I just have to wait for Germ to start bawling about how it isn't really his fault, and then for Zhil to make a snide comment about my "betrayal"...all in a day's work. I'm off to play DAOC with Petru and Avie though, so you'll have to wait a while for a response.
I dont want a response, you are clearly extremely poorly informed. You took the most superficial comments and just assumed they were true because of your bias. Anyone with half a brain should have been able to see the real motives in consortium. Too bad you refuse to use yours.

I served the block day and night in round 7. I want these people who say I acted like a jackass to find me on irc and tell me how I did so.

If they want to post and tell me when exactly I acted like a jackass, fine. But theres no reason for you to once again post about something you heard someoene say about me again.

There are people who actually were there for what went on, we dont need you going off clearly biased info pretending.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:34   #115
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

However, I don't believe that without that attitude from those couple of people everything would have gone back to being the way it was. Fury needed to flex their muscles and prove how mighty (etc) they were.
Why do you still refuse to inform yourself about what actually happened and step into Furies shoes for three seconds.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 00:36   #116
DiabZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada

Grendel didn't have any objections at all ( I assume you think Biggdogg was the only one to 'blame').

You're maybe forgetting Titans' history.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 01:18   #117
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Rah/Virus
Ive already explained this so I wont do to much more. But I ask you, was I being a Jackass? I had two allainces racing towards war, both of which had massive majorities of thier members in our galaxies. Neither side was right neither side was wrong. So Fury stopped the war. Virus was pissed as hell, and I tried to explain it to them, but they saw it as Fury and Rah vs them. I suppose from that perspective I looked like a Jackass.
to be brutally honest, i enjoyed working with most of Fury through round7 (my position in ViruS never allowed me to do so before hand). i also found you to be one of the easiest people to coordinate/handle matters with, maybe because we were both late night reps of our respective alliances?

i dunno, i always went to you with any matter at hand before any other Fury offical. i never once had a personal problem with you, or any other Fury officer as far as i can remember, and i could always understand where you guys were coming from in the whole ViruS/RaH conflict .

But i think what came across jackassish of you and other fury guys is the fact that you were policing the block, and we couldnt figure out what gave you the authority over everyone else to do so, i guess.
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 01:26   #118
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Then on top of that they refused to back down from consortium and reafirm thier allaince with us like Legion and Virus did, plus thier irc actions. Since they refused to act as our allies, we considered them in breach of our allaince.
Legion and Virus ran back up to you like little girls worried about losing their seats on either side of the mighty Fury. What a bunch of scared, two-faced wankers.

I don't regret not doing the same, I'd do the exact same thing 100 times over, given the chance.

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 01:35   #119
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Grendel didn't have any objections at all ( I assume you think Biggdogg was the only one to 'blame').

You're maybe forgetting Titans' history.
Just shows what you knows again, it was grendel who phoned BD to 'take care of things' when fred announced legion would go with the consortium. Legion on its own had very little problems with Titans, after Round 6 it was all ancient history again anyway.
The going back to fury thing had nothing to do with Titans, but simply with the fact that Legion and Fury promised eachother undying love and grendel didn't agree with Freds decision of going against that.

Point however is that from all the Legion people I'd think Grendel is the ONE person who'd have the least problems with Titans because of his good relationship with Heartshunter.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 01:53   #120
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf

But i think what came across jackassish of you and other fury guys is the fact that you were policing the block, and we couldnt figure out what gave you the authority over everyone else to do so, i guess.
Well, I dont think we exercised any special authority. We had authority in the sention issue, so we used it. Legion didnt have to respect us in saying that they couldnt hit fang, and we fully expected them to. Ask any Fang HC, I made it perfectly clear to them. There was the one time where I said that we would step in, but that was just me trying to get some attention in an arguing channel. It was blown way out of proportion.

I do see how it could have been percieved that way. The thing is, what really happened were that misconceptions, perceptions and rumors were used by people like Fred who was just in it for the win and people in all the allainces who didnt like Fury to begin with. They used the tension to try and create a war to kill Fury.

Quote:
Legion and Virus ran back up to you like little girls worried about losing their seats on either side of the mighty Fury. What a bunch of scared, two-faced wankers.

I don't regret not doing the same, I'd do the exact same thing 100 times over, given the chance.
Which brings me to Scouse. Legion didnt run back. They never left. Other than one faction in thier command, Legion did not want to fight Fury. Part of thier command didn't and their membership, existing for a large part in Fury gals didnt particularly want that war either. Consortium was a shallow thing. A similar thing happened in virus with one group really pushing for it and others kinda going along because they heard rumors that turned out to be fabrications. Thats why it was setup the way it was. Consortium couldnt fire the first shot.

Titans went into it full bore because they knew that war with Fury was kinda looming and without something like consortium they would be up against a significantly larger enemy. Legion and Virus did not have such motivators and they werent fullly behind a war with us and when it became clear that Fury didnt want a war and wasnt planning anything, and that consortium wasnt nearly as solid or setup or secure as it first seemed, they did what they did.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 03:26   #121
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok Germ, gloves off.

First off, you're convinced I'm biased against you so badly. Bias or dislike, whatever. I think you're a perfect example of why Fury went from the respected powerhouse of the early round to the hated bureaucratic paper tiger of the later rounds.

Of course no one's going to come out and tell you that you're acting like a jackass, this is politics. They're going to smile and ignore it. The incidents you mention aren't in any way proof that you're not. You may think I'm naive, but you're equally so if you think people are going to outright say it. Aaranaff did hit closer to the mark though, to be honest - it was the way Fury acted in general, more than you in particular. But you were the biggest mouthpiece of Fury at the time.

Sure, there were other motives. Obviously. You've never acknowledged that you might have been one though, so open your damned stubborn eyes.

I didn't say you were talking with Fred or anything, I was explaining what my sources came up with about how it all started. I was rather surprised about Fred going down that road, heh. I had to beat Grendel verbally, adding a voice to stop him from resigning when that bull**** went through. I talked with him. I talked with Biggie. I talked with Petru. And to show you I can be arrogant too, I think I substantially helped the cause there. I wouldn't do it again though.

Heh, and you're ignorant if you think I'm still in RaH. I inactive'd my way out in R8. I'd think that someone who claims that I'm inactive and naive would actually know obvious things like that.

You can claim all day that I'm underinformed and biased, but the former is a flat out lie and the latter is immaterial. You're just too blind and stubborn to see it. Maybe you should try stepping down from your assumed position of superiority and acknowledge that yes, other people might just know what's going on in the game, and yes, they might just know as much as you, from a different direction.

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 08:23   #122
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Of all the alliances currently playing PA there is no alliance I would rather see catch Smallpox en masse and die a horrible death than Eclipse, so I think that answers your question.
Thanks mate :P

And I thought RaH command loved me - boohoo

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 08:56   #123
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Ok Germ, gloves off.

First off, you're convinced I'm biased against you so badly. Bias or dislike, whatever. I think you're a perfect example of why Fury went from the respected powerhouse of the early round to the hated bureaucratic paper tiger of the later rounds.
I think you dont know me, no check that. I know you dont know me. Keep spouting off your anti-Fury bullcrap. Those of us who know much better can continue laughing at you. Anyway, except for one round sid was completely and solely responsible for all Fury structure and policy. So if you dont like what he did with it, take it up with him. Though I'm sure he cares even less what your anlysis of Fury is than I do.

Quote:

Of course no one's going to come out and tell you that you're acting like a jackass, this is politics. They're going to smile and ignore it. The incidents you mention aren't in any way proof that you're not. You may think I'm naive, but you're equally so if you think people are going to outright say it. Aaranaff did hit closer to the mark though, to be honest - it was the way Fury acted in general, more than you in particular. But you were the biggest mouthpiece of Fury at the time.
I dont care about your hersay. I know things were said about me. I brought up the ONLY instances ive encountered as examples of my actions. So I adressed them. You made a specific claim about me, and fine, but you are in no position to back them up. And so I invite whoever told you that I was a jackass to come forward and confront me. I say that because, i am many things, but in Rd 7 I busted my ass to cooperate and settle things as diplomatically as possible, so frankly I think either you or your sources are full of ****, so rather than hear your second hand accounts that are quite easily explained either someone can make that claim who has a right to, or you can drop it.

As far as Fury's actions. I can adress spacific ones. Obviously general claims that we acted in one way or another are hard to address. But I point to the fact that almost every alliances perception in others is as much based on thier point of view as the alliances actions. For instance in the main cases in rd 7 most of the other alliances agreed with us, while one disagreed. We just built up too many disagrees with too many people.

Quote:

Sure, there were other motives. Obviously. You've never acknowledged that you might have been one though, so open your damned stubborn eyes.
Erm, when did I deny that? I have said, and said then that Fury misplayed things. I did a piss poor job politically in the second half of the round, because i didnt keep lines of communication open. I'm not a chatter, and thats why Im a better political strategist than diplomat. That combined with obvious anti Fury internal changes in some of our allies. (Biggie and Biggdogg fading off) Fundementally changed our relationship to our two biggest allies, and I didnt work to rebuild those relationships.

In retrospect, we put ourselves in a position to get in trouble when we allied with Fang. We probably shouldnt have. As much as I like fang, and enjoyed working with them, we shouldnt have made that deal outside of Legion and Virus. It came back to bite us in the ass. And at some point during the stagnation, we should have made a choice, either to ditch Fang or to make a move to change allignments. We tried to have it both ways and failed.

I'm simply not sure what you want me to say. We fckd up obviously. We thought we could have our cake and eat it to, and in the process we pissed off too many people. Im not a great diplomat.

I'm not a jackass, we werent trying to bully anyone. As much as some people wish that were true, it wasnt.
Quote:

I didn't say you were talking with Fred or anything, I was explaining what my sources came up with about how it all started. I was rather surprised about Fred going down that road, heh.
Nor did I say you did. But that fact that it was started by Fred. Someone who did not deal with me or Fury diplomatically at all. Was not around during our supposed bullying. And never claimed that we were any such things, while pretty obviously playing for the win, prettty much disproves your claim that consortium was Fury's fault. Sure, our mistakes made it possible. But behind it were people who just wanted to win a round and take us down.
Quote:

Heh, and you're ignorant if you think I'm still in RaH. I inactive'd my way out in R8. I'd think that someone who claims that I'm inactive and naive would actually know obvious things like that.
I didnt think you were still Rah. I frankly dont care where you are. I simply responded to your comment that you were happier in rah than in Fury. Thats all, perhaps you shoudlnt read so much into things. Enjoy whatever your doing.

Quote:

You can claim all day that I'm underinformed and biased, but the former is a flat out lie and the latter is immaterial. You're just too blind and stubborn to see it. Maybe you should try stepping down from your assumed position of superiority and acknowledge that yes, other people might just know what's going on in the game, and yes, they might just know as much as you, from a different direction.
Well you are underinformed. Or at least you act like it. Fury were meanies so their allies attacked them is an extremely shallow and uniformed opinion. And bias is clearly not immaterial, but it says alot about you that you try to make that claim. Do you think yourself objective?

Alby, its not assumed. Your information is entirely second hand. I was there. I was involved in every aspect of round 7 that involved Fury. I know a hell of alot more than you do about it. I have superiority in that sense. So when you come to me with this information. That people claimed Fury was arrogant and that I was a jackass, im going to be a bit condescending. Thats hardly news, and hardly very reliable. Ive been villianized many times, and so was Fury. And in rd 7 the alliances in consortium all had clear motives for what they did, and relied mostly on blatent lies about Fury to justify thier riteousness. Now that we look back, other than a few people, most of the people involved, aaranaf for instance tell it like it was. It was a diplomatic mess, they percieved us a certain way. Our actions certainly contributed to that perception, it doesnt mean the perception was very true. There were alot of lies and fake rumors.

Fury were in first place and tried a little to hard to protect all our interests. That was a mistake. I didnt keep up key personal relationships diplomatically, that was a mistake. But im not going to sit here and take full responsibility for something that was rooted in greed and furthered by lies.

Last edited by K-W; 7 Aug 2003 at 10:08.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 09:49   #124
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Anyway, except for one round sid was completely and solely responsible for all eclipse structure and policy.
In the face of all the Eclipse = Fury threads of yesteryear, and your position in them, it is amusing how you keep mixing up the two yourself

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 10:09   #125
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
In the face of all the Eclipse = Fury threads of yesteryear, and your position in them, it is amusing how you keep mixing up the two yourself
Heh, edited, and yah it is pretty funny. Usually I slip it the other way, just out of habit of talking about Fury. Its confusing when you talk about one alliance for years and then you are in a new one.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 10:28   #126
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
POPCORN 2 DOLLAR
COKE 3 DOLLAR
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 11:30   #127
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Just for the record though, even when we stil liked fury germ was a jerk in general behaviour.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 12:48   #128
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Just for the record though, even when we stil liked fury germ was a jerk in general behaviour.
Thats why i wanted him :P
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 14:03   #129
K-W
Bored

Quote:
I dealt with you during round 7 when?
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 14:03   #130
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
When did I deal with you? Can you provide some examples of me being a jerk?
Several examples there I think most people will agree (you don't seem to know when to stfu whether you be right or wrong )

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 14:08   #131
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Several examples there I think most people will agree (you don't seem to know when to stfu whether you be right or wrong )

You, my puffed up popinjay, are quite rude.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 14:41   #132
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe yeah but you love him for it ?
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 15:00   #133
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Nor do most people on the forum. I cant argue with myself, can I? But regardless, my posting patterns on AD have literally nothing to do with this discussion. Well, come to think of it, it may have alot to do with it. People who dont know me very well and have been annoyed by me on the forums often assume I am a jerk. Perhaps it was just that general Jerk view that fed into interpreting my actions as being a jerk or whatever. Its certainly possible. Ive never done myself any favors with my arguing here, but I get bored and I like to argue. We all have our vices.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 15:05   #134
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
arguing if fun

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 15:08   #135
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
POPCORN 2 DOLLAR
COKE 3 DOLLAR
Do you do chewy sweets?
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 16:15   #136
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by QazokRouge5
You, my puffed up popinjay, are quite rude.
Quote:
Originally posted by QazokRouge5
Maddix : We have something in common dont we?
:eek:

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 17:20   #137
PiaZava
Pip the magic pe0n

PiaZava is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
[snip]
Sids orders were clear and always have been. All go through wrath except someone rejoins. exceptions were only made incase of r5-6 Quha who disbanded and i think in some cases in r5.
Pffft. When Deus disbanded, I had a chat with Sid about joining Fury. He said that it wouldnt be any problem for me to get officer/exec-vouches, and thereby skip Wrath and join Fury directly for round 7. I got the vouches, but then Sid had left and Cryptic stopped anyone (atleast what I know of) from going straight to Fury. Turned out good tho, since that made me join up with Avie and Pet & Co to make Rah :]
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
In the Rah/Virus conflict, both sides were in some sense wrong. Virus was wrong for hitting the outlying Rah planets after being told they were rah. Sention was wrong for what he did.
Not our fault initially, I would say. Virus refused to ally us, but kept singling out and attacking our planets, even after being informed the planets were Rah. Then, when Sention is ETA 1 on Singu they beg for good weather. Not the way, heh...

&Omega;
PiaZava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 17:28   #138
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Not at all. There was a lot more idiots posting "Proud to be FAnG" over a long period of time, and I've seen more non-Titans people having a go at you for that than Titans people.
plz name me 5 FAnG pple that INITIALLY started thread about proud to be FAnG. I'll be surprised if you could give me 3. Fact is, a few did, rest took a hit at it and started doin it aswell.

I even recall you starting such threads. I do know my members more then you do and I DO know that is weren't more then 2-4 pple that did it.

So yes, the cases are identical and yes every ****ing tits command jumped the bandwagon and yes your behavior in the end reflects to your alliance.

Don't be surprised if pple do to you the same damn thing you've been doin aswell.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 17:35   #139
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
POPCORN 2 DOLLAR
COKE 3 DOLLAR
that's a rippoff you know that, not gonna pay 3 dollars for a coke (unless it's 2 liters)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:22   #140
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
plz name me 5 FAnG pple that INITIALLY started thread about proud to be FAnG. I'll be surprised if you could give me 3. Fact is, a few did, rest took a hit at it and started doin it aswell.
Rumad initially started the movement, but the thing is as soon as he'd post a thread he'd paste it into all the fang channels and everyone would reply 'rock on rumad' 'PROUD TO BE TEH FANG0R' or 'hahah /me fluffles rumad'. So it was 3-5 dedicated people leading it, but everyone was following quite happily.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:25   #141
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
that's a rippoff you know that, not gonna pay 3 dollars for a coke (unless it's 2 liters)

rgds Kj
its 2 liters.

MORE POPCORN

NOW ALSO SELLING BEER
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:28   #142
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by PiaZava
Then, when Sention is ETA 1 on Singu they beg for good weather. Not the way, heh...
Remember how Singu pulled his 300,000 harpies just before I landed on sention, that was funny wasn't it.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 18:39   #143
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by PiaZava
Not our fault initially, I would say. Virus refused to ally us, but kept singling out and attacking our planets, even after being informed the planets were Rah. Then, when Sention is ETA 1 on Singu they beg for good weather. Not the way, heh...
Well, I think your decision to recruit the players in question was bad policy, though not wrong in the sense we are discussing. They werent your planets most of the round, nor were they in most cases protected. I think the first incidents were mistakes. But when rah complained Virus got annoyed and pulled the "we arent allied to you" thing out. Later on virus admitted that they shouldnt be hitting you, but by then thigns were already escalating and virus was provoking Rah. But any chance of us or anyone standing up for rah validly died when sention hit singu. It was such a high profile act. In a sense virus picked the fight, but rah threw the first punch. Fury were stuck in the middle of two friends about to get into a fight and we stuck our arms out and stopped it. In doing so we denied Virus a retal they technically deserved. I cant blame them for being annoyed at that. Extending it to the lengths they did and portraying it the way they did was wholly unwarrented though. If denying a valid retal was a good reason to write off long term allies and backstab them... well I think we have all experienced enough retal denials to know that they went too far. But they were itching for a fight and we broke it up, so they were frustrated and aggressive.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 21:43   #144
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:

I even recall you starting such threads. I do know my members more then you do and I DO know that is weren't more then 2-4 pple that did it.

So yes, the cases are identical and yes every ****ing tits command jumped the bandwagon and yes your behavior in the end reflects to your alliance.

Don't be surprised if pple do to you the same damn thing you've been doin aswell.

rgds Kj
I won't bother replying properly, as you'll just over-react again.

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 21:45   #145
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Rumad initially started the movement, but the thing is as soon as he'd post a thread he'd paste it into all the fang channels and everyone would reply 'rock on rumad' 'PROUD TO BE TEH FANG0R' or 'hahah /me fluffles rumad'. So it was 3-5 dedicated people leading it, but everyone was following quite happily.
yes and like you said, even you did it aswell and mocking with it, so infact you helped the whole thing aswell m8.

Look, you don't need to tell me how **** that "proud to be ..." was cause I probably disliked it more then entire tits, but I did what I could to stop it and it's not easy when the entire community copies it.

btw, if 1-3 tits gloat in a channel how good they are, you actually think the other tits wouldn't cheer and all that? I know you're not naïve.

Also, scouse's and several other tits command threads on AD were started about this. If 1 alliance had a great deal it keeping it rolling and making sure everyone will keep getting annoyed with it, then it was titans.

You didn't see Fury, virus, legion, rah or any alliance do it, except for titans.

Nway, this is hardly what this thread is about. I'm only replying on Scouse who's wondering why the pple are suddenly that naughty while he did the exact same thing 3 rounds ago.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 21:47   #146
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I won't bother replying properly, as you'll just over-react again.
maybe if you stop threating pple like babies, then they might act "normal" to you. I've quiet proven I can be "not annoying" aswell, and I'm always in for a good discussion.

But if you reply with such things, then it's you provoking others by questionning their intelligence or dunno what.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 21:52   #147
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
its 2 liters.
you sure you're not fooling me with filling it halffull of icecubes? I know those tricks !!!

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Aug 2003, 10:22   #148
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve
when i first started this tread i didnt think it would be like this, i think its a good 1.

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 23:26   #149
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by TheACE
when i first started this tread i didnt think it would be like this, i think its a good 1.
Would you like to buy a property in Florida? Very good prospects, excellent value for your money!
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 23:51   #150
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light
Having joined RaH reasonably early in round 7, I'll toss my unwanted opinion into the meatgrinder. I'm probably off-topic and late, but artistic license and whatnot.

In my opinion RaH never really 'returned to honor', but rather swung their game in a better direction in terms of being a 'group of players playing together'. By the time I left (in r8), many of my friends in RaH were gone or going inactive and I had little holding me there, but out of the PAnet channel in early r7, and soon after the priv network, had grown a community.

The command style in RaH was very relaxed, with little being done to push the alliance forth into a military stronghold, which was my major problem. Today it looks more as though I 'didn't get it' than it being something actually wrong with RaH command. It's quite clear, looking at RaH's r7 (and possibly round 8) rankings, that they didn't deserve the impressive reputation they had. But an alliance is not all about rank. Just look at the amount of 'winning' alliances that have disbanded, while RaH have kept most of their central command since day 1.

Also, Sention roiding Singularity was the single best thing of round 7. A close second would've been Consortium if we'd actually been given a chance to fight. While I was impressed by the action taken by Legion command to 'regain' control, it would have been a damn cool fight. I'm still pretty sure that Fury would've won. But then I'm a bit delusional.