User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 19 Jul 2015, 04:10   #51
Magnus

Magnus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R63 stats

I also have a set I'm willing to submit.

Edit: current one is limited MT and nearly finished with a ST set.

Last edited by Magnus; 19 Jul 2015 at 23:32.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 18:34   #52
coolkat

coolkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Vote for magnus
coolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 19:16   #53
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Normally there are links to beta stats - the ones up arent finished. If there are three (or more possibilities) then can people link to google sheets or online hosted versions so we can all start to see what's 'out there'?
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 19:31   #54
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OK, since Blue_Esper refuses to make a thread of his own, this thread is now about his stats, which are up on the beta server. My comments:

Targetting is too broad. Everything shoots at everything. Could use a couple more gaps for the sake of attacking. Worse, many roiding fleets have critical gaps in their targetting, making solo attacks very unlikely to land. This further hurts the viability of offense.

While these 2 gaping issues remain unaddressed I see little point in looking at the strengths and weaknesses of specific roiding fleets.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 19:54   #55
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Hmm zik looks the most playable for me at the moment but then at the other end of the spectrum Xan needs fixing as its a pointless race to play ATM
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 20:15   #56
Magnus

I have a hard time dealing with stats where fr targets de and vice versa. It drives all strategies toward fico and crbs who only have to deal with defense from 3-4 classes on attacks rather than 5.
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 21:47   #57
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I do agree with Magnus, if a set has Fr<->De firing it will only make the classes weaker. Already people are more inclined towards fi/co or cr/bs because the limited def pool vs each. Fi/co Because of Eta only 1 tick def. Cr/bs Because lack of having to worry about pl def. Fr/de Has no benifit except defensivly. I for one would like to see Magnus' stats put up either in speed game or beta or even a link to a google.doc would be nice.

As Appoco said he wants a limited MT set. Not Full MT
Unread 19 Jul 2015, 22:32   #58
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

i will reopen it, and check what still need.
Unread 20 Jul 2015, 05:52   #59
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I would love to see travel time equal for all meta classes (MAX ETA FR/DE, 2 Ticks for def).

Then have FI/CO that can fire on CR/BS (and vice versa).

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2015, 06:31   #60
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

the problem with fr/de NOT targetting de/fr is that the roiding fleet just spams anti fi/co, the strength of fr/de is that late game they're extremely hard to roid due to usually about 80% value in the attacking class.

reason i have not made thread is because i haven't finished, so input and opinions are irrelevant till such time as i am happy with them etc.

i'll let people know when they're ready for critics
Unread 20 Jul 2015, 07:04   #61
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
I have a hard time dealing with stats where fr targets de and vice versa. It drives all strategies toward fico and crbs who only have to deal with defense from 3-4 classes on attacks rather than 5.
Id claim R61/R60/R59 were pretty FR/DE dominated, atleast they wernt the weakest option

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2015, 13:28   #62
Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Id claim R61/R60/R59 were pretty FR/DE dominated, atleast they wernt the weakest option
r59 and r61 frde still only had 3 classes that targetted them. I guess I should amend my statement with an assumption that fico will already be targetting them.

If there are two races with an attack class, there should be 3 sometimes 4 other classes to deal with. If a race is forced to solo, there should probably only be 2 classes that target it.
Unread 20 Jul 2015, 13:52   #63
Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
the problem with fr/de NOT targetting de/fr is that the roiding fleet just spams anti fi/co, the strength of fr/de is that late game they're extremely hard to roid due to usually about 80% value in the attacking class.
This is a completely viable, and in my opinion completely acceptable strategy. These fleets rely on a significant amount of pre-launched defense. The point I was really trying to make is that if you don't balance number of attack ships and number of defense ships for a class, it becomes broken.
Unread 20 Jul 2015, 23:23   #64
Magnus

Limited MT set:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=docslist_api

Full ST set:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=docslist_api

Last edited by Magnus; 21 Jul 2015 at 03:21.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 09:03   #65
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Because this is apparently a Trend, I Said I had a set of stats that I had been working on Eff's are mostly Done Targeting Mostly Done Just need a fresh set of eyes to take a look at it and make sure there are no "Glaring" I done ****ed up.

This set is a basic Set with ships in the places that make sense and targeting mostly the way people remember it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I doubt anyone will actually make anything of it as now there are going to be 6 sets of stats floating around.... We really really need to get someone that can be impartial and start sorting through these OR even better yet Put a pole once all the sets are done and let the community Vote.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 10:07   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to encounter the problem of having too many stats to choose from.

(My rule of thumb is to only look at stats that are on *.planetarion.com, partly to preserve my sanity, partly because I really hate Google Docs.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 10:56   #67
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to encounter the problem of having too many stats to choose from.

(My rule of thumb is to only look at stats that are on *.planetarion.com, partly to preserve my sanity, partly because I really hate Google Docs.)
Well there is prolly just gonna be two wich will be considered.
The problem i have with this many, isthat they are way too late presented

Unread 24 Jul 2015, 12:41   #68
Tiamat101

Quote:
Well there is prolly just gonna be two wich will be considered.
The problem i have with this many, isthat they are way too late presented
Late presented? The 1st set of stats was given 5 days ago and 4 other sets came in the following days. Havoc's still not even over with and another 2 weeks till round start there is more than enough time. Besides atleast 2 of the 5 sets are not completed let alone balanced. We should give everyone till monday to finish filling in their stats. Have a Poll lasting till friday(4days) To pick which set of stats will be used and then tweak that ONE set so we are not looking at 5 sets and mixing them all up. If we pick a set by Friday we can get them tweaked so that by round start they will be balanced(ish)
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 12:43   #69
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post

Is that because you cant run your script on Google.docs or just because you dont like Google, either are valid response for me just curious.

I'd be happy to put mine into one of the 3 servers that are roaming around. I have my effs just about tweaked out just would need to input the E/R and guns but otherwise mine are complete.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 13:04   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Is that because you cant run your script on Google.docs or just because you dont like Google, either are valid response for me just curious.
My checker runs on plain text files on my PC. I manually copy the data from the stats.pl page into a text file and run it on that. Modifying the data from whatever format people have used on Google Docs would be a bit of a hassle, but not really problematic. We're talking minutes of work, not hours. I have a problem with Google knowing too much about me. It knows my mail and Youtube, and that's all it's getting.

Quote:
The problem i have with this many, is that they are way too late presented
We should've started a few weeks sooner, but ultimately it doesn't matter when a set of stats is presented for the first time, as long as they're good enough by the time signups open. The odds of that happening are probably better the sooner they're presented, but if someone presents a perfect first draft on the day signups open, why not pick it?

Anyway, I think all three sets that are on the servers now do need some more work.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 19:19   #71
Magnus

I would be interested to see your script run on my set. What do you need from me if not googledoc?
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 20:18   #72
Tiamat101

I know its not color Coded like Mzy but here is the Breakdown

Ter De:
Does NOT roid Ter Wyv prefire Gry
Does Roid Cath (terran Emp Effs)
Does Roid Xan Pre Hulls3
Does Roid Zik Gry Pre init Pirate
Does NOT roid Etd Dread T1 Vs Gry T2

Ter Bs
Does Roid Ter Wyvern out init Gry T1 vs T2
Does NOT Roid Cath Locust out init Dragon
Does NOT roid Xan Dragon out init by Revanat and Spectre
Does Roid Zik Dragon Out init Pirate and Wyvern Out init Clipper
Does Roid Etd Dragon out init Thief but T2 vs T1

Cath Co
Does NOT roid Ter Viper T2 vs Drake High emp Res
Does NOT roid Cath Widow Fires Before Viper
Does Roid Xan Beetle out init Banshee(low emp res) Viper out init bomber(low emp res)
Does NOT roid Zik Viper T2 vs Cutter
Does NOT roid Etd Recluse out init Viper

Cat Cr
Does NOT roid Ter Roach out init Gryphon T1(high emp res) And Tarantula out init Dragon(high emp res)
Does Roid Cath Tarantula out init Locust
Does NOT Roid Xan Tarantula out init Both Peacekeeper but T2 vs Bomber(Flack)
Does Roid Zik Roach T1 vs Bucc T2
Does Not Roid Etd Tarantula out init Tycoon(low emp Res) But T2 vs Executive(high emp res)

Xan Fi
Does NOT roid Ter Banshee out init by Pegasus
Does NOT roid Cath Beetle out init Phantom(low emp res)
Does NOT roid Xan Banshee out init by Ghost
Does Roid Zik Banshee t1 out init vs Bucc AND Phantom T1 out init cutlass
Does Roid etd Banshee out init Lancer AND banshee does out init Executive at T2

Xan Fr
Does roid Ter(only in mass) Revanant prefires Dragon and Bomber Prefires Phoenix at t2
Does NOT roid Cath Viper T1 vs Bomber(low emp res)
Does Roid Xan Ghost out init Banshee T2
Does NOT roid Zik Rogue out init Bomber T1
Does NOT roid Etd Broker T1 vs Bomber(low emp res)

Zik De
Does NOT roid Ter Wyvern out init Clipper T1
Does Roid Cath Viper T2 and Roach t1 vs bucc(high emp res)
Does NOT roid Xan Banshee out init Bucc and Spectre T1 out init Bucc
Does NOT roid Zik Pirate out init Bucc T2
Does roid Etd Clipper Prefire Dreadnaught

Zik Cr
Does NOT roid Ter Gryphon and Dragon Prefire Pirate
Does Roid Cath Rogue out init Locust
Does Roid Xan(pre hulls3) Rogue out init Bomber
Does Roid Zik Pirate out init Bucc
Does NOT roid Etd Tycoon out init Pirate

Etd Co
Does Roid Ter Lancer Prefires Harpy and Drake
Does NOT roid Cath Widow and Spider Prefire Lancer
Does NOT roid Xan Phantom prefires Lancer
Does NOT roid zik Cutter out init Lancer
Does Roid Etd Broker T1 vs Fireblade(low emp res)

Etd Fr
Does NOT roid Ter Dragon out init Thief
Does roid Cath Recluse out init Viper and Tara T2 vs executive(high emp res)
Does NOT roid Xan Banshee out init Executive
Does NOT roid Zik Executive out init by Rogue
Does NOT roid Etd Tycoon out init Thief

Etd Bs
Does NOT roid Ter Dreadnaught out init by Gryphon T2
Does NOT roid Cath tara out init Tycoon(low emp res)
Does Roid Xan Tycoon out init BOTH Revanant and Spectre
Does NOT roid Zik Dreadnaught out init by Clipper
Does Roid Etd Tycoon out init Thief

Only one that I see needs fixing is ETD FR and down grading Ter Bs

Last edited by Tiamat101; 24 Jul 2015 at 20:38.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 20:44   #73
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
I would be interested to see your script run on my set. What do you need from me if not googledoc?
Copy paste from stats.pl into the forum message field. Like that.

Example:
Code:
Beetle	Fighter	Fi	Co	-	Emp 2	99	99	-	99	100	120	100	999	999	Cat
The tool (so far) ignores the Gun, Arm, Dmg, E/R, A/C and D/C fields, though they must still be present and contain a numeric value. If it's an Emp ship, Dmg should be a dash. Fields must be separated by a single tab character. If you've ordered the fields correctly, copying from any spreadsheet program into code blocks (as I did above) will probably(TM) do the trick.

(I'm not planning on keeping this thing as my super-secret tool, by the way, but I want to delay releasing it until it's become reasonably stable.)
Unread 25 Jul 2015, 10:42   #74
Tiamat101

Made some changes,

Viper T1 and T2 Switched
Changed Etd Fr, added Recluse Emp init 2,
Pirate T1 and T2 Switched
Tons of Effs balanced out.
Some Cost changes to balance the ship costs with in the classes.

I would say they are 95% complete at this point only things that i would change are effs and maybe names.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IMk/edit#gid=0
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 08:22   #75
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

I also made a simple code just to calculate the effs. As joseph told me, the game interface to insert these stats is not something quick. It helped a lot doing it, both his and mine.

Anyway, my first intent was to learn how to build it and to build something acceptable. I am more curious about the flaws in what I did than with expectations about its usage.

That's the fartherest I can reach with effs already calculated. I dont think they are much creative thou.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IL4/edit#gid=0
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 10:58   #76
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
I also made a simple code just to calculate the effs. As joseph told me, the game interface to insert these stats is not something quick. It helped a lot doing it, both his and mine.

Anyway, my first intent was to learn how to build it and to build something acceptable. I am more curious about the flaws in what I did than with expectations about its usage.

That's the fartherest I can reach with effs already calculated. I dont think they are much creative thou.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IL4/edit#gid=0
Did you use fortran?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 11:49   #77
Tiamat101

Ship Break downs:
7 Fighters Targeted by 7 different Ships AT T1 and 1 Fi pod
9 Corvettes Targeted by 6 different Ships AT T1 and 1 Co pod
7 Frigates Targeted by 7 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Fr pods
7 Destroyers Targeted by 8 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 De pods
5 Cruisers Targeted by 7 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Cr pods
7 Battleships Targeted by 5 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Bs pods

That is heavily Skewed and should be looked into. There are WAY Too many Co. Ter,Cath,Zik,Etd all having Co just ruins any hope that Fi and Fr will be able compete in the round even if they have OVERWHELMING effs and init adv; there will be so much value in Co that will never be able to land anything.

And the fact that only 5 ships T1 Bs, two of which are Cath. It means that if there is any hope to stopping bs you will need LOTS of Xan(ghost out fires Ter But at t2 and at less than 40% eff); OR lots of Caths.

That is just a precursory look and things I noticed before digging deep into the individual races. The Effs seem balanced enough
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 17:03   #78
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

I removed a CO from etd and ter, now they both have only one CO targetting T1: FR T2: FI, both with inits above the FR atk ships. Gryphon turned into a FR targetting only BS. The way it is now, FRs are better against BS, DEs better against CR.

Quote:
Did you use fortran?
Yes
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 20:20   #79
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

So, kinda hard to keep track of all these sets, which ones are close to final?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2015, 20:47   #80
Tiamat101

I think we should start the Poll, if we are still going to have one, because we are getting closer to signups; or Appoco needs to come in and just pick a set. Because we need to be able to have a few days to tweak the set. I agree there are just too many sets atm.
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 10:15   #81
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

no stupid polls plz
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 12:36   #82
Magnus

Mine have been done for some time.
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 12:44   #83
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
no stupid polls plz
A poll would just give a pointer, eventualy the set are rarely picked by popularity

Unread 27 Jul 2015, 12:52   #84
Blue_Esper

if the poll isn't going to be the deciding factor whats the point in it?
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 15:19   #85
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Someone should write a good guilde for beginners to follow. There is a lot of nice little tricks to making stats balanced but normally takes two or three cracks at them to learn. If we had a solid base for everyone stats would be easier to pick. Right now it's all ruff drafts and lots of work to finalize. Hard to pick from unfinished work.
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 15:26   #86
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: R63 stats

Quote:
Ship Break downs:
9 Corvettes Targeted by 6 different Ships AT T1 and 1 Co pod
7 Frigates Targeted by 7 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Fr pods
7 Battleships Targeted by 5 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Bs
What Tia did here should be written and planned out before you even start firing order. It's the base to build your stats on. And changing them now would be chaos with your balance.
These stats aren't ready to be used. There is hours left of work. Sorry
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 18:35   #87
Tiamat101

Quote:
no stupid polls plz
Then how else do you propose they get picked? We haven't been able to find someone to head up the stats team like Appoco wanted. m0, Blue, Joseph, Magnus, Tia, Fortan have all proposed stats. Eventually someone is going to have to pick one, and that someone will have to Appoco.
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 18:45   #88
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

I vote for someone who hasn't done stats before.
Just to mix things up abit!

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 19:10   #89
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Atleast with a poll we are less likely to pick a stats set wich is very unpopular.

Unread 27 Jul 2015, 21:36   #90
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
What Tia did here should be written and planned out before you even start firing order. It's the base to build your stats on. And changing them now would be chaos with your balance.
These stats aren't ready to be used. There is hours left of work. Sorry
Tbh, making stats are not rocket science. Changing things should be easy with the right tools. The parameters A/C and D/C should also all be similar for each type of ship (Normal, Emp, Steal, Cloak) in comparison with previous rounds. I took one hour to make E/Rs. If the targetting in EMP ships are not too odd, determining E/R is also easy.

Imo what we lack is objetive criteria to analyse the stats as getting data and changing them are easy.

I took Tia's analysis and made some fix. It should look like this now(No pods or SKs in the calcs):
7 Corvettes Targeted by 6 different Ships AT T1 and 1 Co pod
8 Frigates Targeted by 7 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Fr pods
7 Battleships Targeted by 6 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Bs

Herein a comparison of the total damage and emp eff targetting each class:
Tot_dmg_eff
Fi 5022.3
Co 4855.8
Fr 5411.5
De 4617.8
Cr 3014.8
Bs 4457.3

Tot_emp_eff
Fi 1142.9
Co 2282.4
Fr 2394.7
De 3661.1
Cr 2263.8
Bs 3282.8

Now the average damage eff for T1 and T2

Av_dmg_eff
Fi 717
Co 694
Fr 676
De 660
Cr 603
Bs 637

Av_dmg_eff_T1
Fi 531
Co 694
Fr 625
De 535
Cr 468
Bs 411

Tot_dmg_eff_T2
Fi 187
Co 0
Fr 51
De 125
Cr 135
Bs 226

In terms of those parameters, seems balanced. Again, I am stuck on defining what is good and what isn't.
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 22:37   #91
Tiamat101

Quote:
I took Tia's analysis and made some fix. It should look like this now(No pods or SKs in the calcs):
7 Corvettes Targeted by 6 different Ships AT T1 and 1 Co pod
8 Frigates Targeted by 7 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Fr pods
7 Battleships Targeted by 6 Different Ships AT T1 and 2 Bs
You still have too many ships targeting Fi and Co at T1 for each only having 1 pod. Really you should only have 5 MAYBE 6 targeting at T1 and everything else should be T2. Also the fact that you only have 5 Cr and are targeted 7 times at T1 you should really into that as well. considering there are 7 bs and only targeted 6 times. Not every race needs to T1 everything, not every race has to have a valid defense vs every class. Part of the Job of the stats maker is to make the classes that have no true team ups(Fi and Co) Able to roid into specific races with out issue. It is ok for a Fr class for a race to not target Fi if its team up does target Fi at a better init. If we truely are going for Limited MT stats then we should be leaving some holes in fleets because there is much less ships targeting everything.

I'd be happy if each race had 9 Targets over 7 or 8 ships. That is plenty. Meaning that if Xan doesn't target Fi till Hulls 2 then so be it. Or cath cant fire on Fr till hulls 3 then great. But having 10 ships with 14 targets doesn't change anything from the way it is now, with 7 ships hitting 12 targets.
Unread 27 Jul 2015, 22:48   #92
fortran

Idd, the number of ships firing at Fi and Co were a result of the premisse that each race should have a defense fleet that could make the attacker`s eta. I will look into what you said, Tia.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 01:24   #93
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Then how else do you propose they get picked? We haven't been able to find someone to head up the stats team like Appoco wanted. m0, Blue, Joseph, Magnus, Tia, Fortan have all proposed stats. Eventually someone is going to have to pick one, and that someone will have to Appoco.
The majority vote will get their way sure, but its a minority of players that will be voting. Appocco needs to be that someone because everyone else plays the game and will have their own agenda when picking stats. it must be someone from PA Team, they don't need to have a massive understanding of stats, it can be lucky dip, the stats once chosen will be edited by the community (us) if they're broken and Appocco has the final say before they're final.
In summary it would be a massive waste of time to start a poll, you'd add 3-4 days of waiting time while people voted, create another whine thread about people not getting their choice, and frankly it wouldn't achieve a better result than what Appocco or someone with neurality could do themselves in half the time with half the fuss.

However, a poll would be useful for deciding on things like, how many pods per race/class or MT or ST? not something that will majorly influence a round
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 01:42   #94
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Tbh, making stats are not rocket science.
Again, I am stuck on defining what is good and what isn't.
Not sure I need to point out. If stats are easy they would be balanced every round. Maybe it's not my over estimation of difficulty.... Lol
Just use Fortran stats so I can say I told you so...
Not like we care anymore how bad stats are, we play anyways.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 01:51   #95
SantaCruz
I've been around

Few rounds ago when I did 3 pods stats I spent 20 + hours trying to balance over a year. I thought they were ready and only 3 races were played. Cause of one race having a weak attack class coming down to blame one ship. A bit more armour and it would have been a different round. That was my third set that played a round.
If you skipped reading all that my point is below....
I've said this before and we all probably agree, we need to team to do stats correctly. This isn't proof reading a essay. It's checking a huge math formula for correct balance.
Don't care what you say. Might not be rocket science but no one here can balance stats alone. Not one of us is that good.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 02:31   #96
fortran

It isn't rocket science because it is just basic math. We can't balance it because we don't know where to reach and what to look and we don't analyse our failures. That's my opnion at least. And even when we do a team-up here there doesn't seem to be any sinergy or common goal.
Maybe if we try to look into a set of stats from a past round we still have in memory we can guess what lacked in our assumptions when stats were being made.
Quote:
Just use Fortran stats so I can say I told you so...
I am not saying to pick mine. Saying it was not rocket science was a bit rude of my part, but I am like a mirror in face of rudeness. Should have said "magic" or "art" instead.

I am more interested in finding out the method. If we had a good method, any set suggested would be good.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 03:21   #97
Magnus

Quote:
Few rounds ago when I did 3 pods stats I spent 20 + hours trying to balance over a year. I thought they were ready and only 3 races were played. Cause of one race having a weak attack class coming down to blame one ship. A bit more armour and it would have been a different round. That was my third set that played a round.
There's a lot more that goes into which races are played than balance. There aren't enough players anymore for a decent sample size. 2-3 allies pick similar strategies and that's half the universe.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 04:20   #98
Blue_Esper

a lot of players like to play certain classes, or a certain race, so you need to factor that in when making stats, and if the round previous was for example a heavy class round then the next round the majority want something different,
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 13:05   #99
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Right now it's all ruff drafts and lots of work to finalize. Hard to pick from unfinished work.
I agree. All 3 sets currently up on the PA servers have issues, though they vary in severity. Blue_Esper's stats are closest to finished, in my opinion. If I didn't loathe 0-loss def I could actually recommend them.

Anyway, we only have a few days left, and development appears like it's stalled, so I posted in the 3 stats maker's threads asking for their plans. See if we can't get this boat moving again.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 13:21   #100
Blue_Esper

they're only 0-loss on emp >_> and only on certain races