User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 May 2009, 14:32   #251
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

I really wouldn't be that confident on those figures. They're based on jgps seen by munin and the people who have relays for their incs switched on. Maybe cin has implemented those defcall statistics that I asked him about last round though!
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:32   #252
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

according to that list, maybe its more like Wafhh some nights, and dlr//ND//evo most nights.
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:32   #253
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

That's the thing. The coordinated incs have almost entirely been from 3 or 4 BGs max, until 3 days ago when xVx and VGN got involved too. While there have been more block members than just those, activity has been pretty glum. There were only two previous occasions in which everyone really got together to hit Asc, and these seemed to be on Sunday nights for some reason.
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:33   #254
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I hadn't really noticed a week of organisation, just the past 3 days or so. I can't be arsed to check logs, but since Wish is arguing against me, I'll shush. Pretty sure we had heavy xVx incs 4 days ago though. I seem to be the only one that noticed this.
No no, I saw this too!
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:35   #255
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's the thing. The coordinated incs have almost entirely been from 3 or 4 BGs max, until 3 days ago when xVx and VGN got involved too. While there have been more block members than just those, activity has been pretty glum. There were only two previous occasions in which everyone really got together to hit Asc, and these seemed to be on Sunday nights for some reason.
I really don't think you're in the know here man. As far as I'm aware ND told their members they were at war with us like a week ago, as those statistics would imply to some extent.
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:36   #256
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

looks like I was mistaken:
[15:31:48] <@Grog> we had organized hits on asc all last week & we did get up to 8 allies involved at least once
[15:32:37] <@Wish|study> what day?
[15:32:51] <@Tommy|afk> yeah, once
[15:32:54] <@Wish|study> I went through logs, saw 1 ally not participating atleast each night
[15:33:04] <@Tommy|afk> indeed
[15:33:15] <@Grog> yeah but ToF & HR both got involved
[15:33:25] <@Wish|study> ahhh

I didnt know tof and / or HR had been part in hitting asc. I m sry I spread false info! What i said was based on participation from attack chans though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:37   #257
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I think I may have missed a few days, is all. We're arguing about different time periods, but the difference is a matter of a few days. I've not been worrying too much about PA this week anyway, so it's possible I'm confusing 3 days ago with a week ago. Shit happens.
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:37   #258
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
according to that list, maybe its more like Wafhh some nights, and dlr//ND//evo most nights.
the fact that we got like 15 playing members might have NOTHING to do with that. Nothing at all!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:48   #259
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Personally I do think xVx winning would be a worse thing for the game than Ascendancy winning again, although I don't think either is going to prove significant harmful in the long run unless we wind up with a similar situation next round (which I don't believe we will). Winning off the back of what xVx are winning off is just meaningless to the point where signing up to take part seems utterly pointless. I actually expressed an opinion to this extent pre-round on the sheer futility that would be a round where the only meaningful question is can a massive block hit Ascendancy for long enough to prevent them from winning. It sounds like instead of a game we're trying to balance a mathematical formula.
Im struggling to see why xVx winning instead of Asc winning would be more harmful for the game? As the only two people in contention for #1 are Asc and xVx, basically what you're saying is.. Asc winning is better for the game than Asc losing? I cant help but laugh at that statement.

You then go on to say that xVx winning would be meaningless? Well if its meaningless then it isnt that bad for the game, while Asc winning 4 in a row and continuing to dominate has meaning and is incredibly bad for the game.

If Asc was thinking 'what was best for the game' then they wouldnt of even signed up to play this round. Instead, they signed up and recruited 20-40% over the alliance limit to try and seal there victory. Instead, your only playing that card now as you're getting bashed and its the only excuse you can find to try and stop the block.

I'm still laughing that you're actually trying to play the 'whats best for the game' card. When just last week, Asc was more than happy to continue nap'ing xVx and cruise to victory.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:52   #260
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

And in the end, they all agreed that Kargool was right.

All is good in the world.
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:58   #261
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Im struggling to see why xVx winning instead of Asc winning would be more harmful for the game? As the only two people in contention for #1 are Asc and xVx, basically what you're saying is.. Asc winning is better for the game than Asc losing? I cant help but laugh at that statement.

You then go on to say that xVx winning would be meaningless? Well if its meaningless then it isnt that bad for the game, while Asc winning 4 in a row and continuing to dominate has meaning and is incredibly bad for the game.
I don't think the fact that an inferior alliance could win the game without really doing anything is good for the game. As far as I'm aware not even the political initiative has come from xVx this round. You're just sort of, there. With more numbers behind you. I'd say it's meaningless because I honestly don't think the fact it's xVx is even vaguely relevant. To illustrate what I mean say the liths hadn't joined xVx this round. xVx would be somewhat similar to last round then. Say DLR had joined ND or evolution had joined CT. I'd say the situation would be the same as it is right now except the DLR/ND or the evo/ct alliance would be where xvx is right now. As I said before you're just sort of there.

It's worth reiterating my point that neither result is that harmful for pa. The game needs more competition next round. I think both end results are likely to lead to that, albeit for different reasons. Unlike other people I don't think one alliance winning every round is bad for the game, unless it wins them with so much time left in the round it just gets to dominate the game and wipe everyone else out which is just stagnant and dead and shit (and the point at which I usually stop playing PA each round).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
If Asc was thinking 'what was best for the game' then they wouldnt of even signed up to play this round. Instead, they signed up and recruited 20-40% over the alliance limit to try and seal there victory. Instead, your only playing that card now as you're getting bashed and its the only excuse you can find to try and stop the block.

I'm still laughing that you're actually trying to play the 'whats best for the game' card. When just last week, Asc was more than happy to continue nap'ing xVx and cruise to victory.
Jesus ****ing christ learn to ****ing read. I actually said in that same post you quoted that I don't think either result is that harmful for PA in the long run. The idea we recruited over the alliance limit in order to try and seal our victory is just so laughably off I'm not even going to dignify it with a response, if you're genuinely that clueless feel free to ask your ascendancy galmates. I believe one of them even joined this round, perhaps you could ask moonless if BA's recruitment speech involved "hey man, join up and help us win!!!"

What would be best for the game is if something unexpected happened. This round seems to consist of two equally dull alternatives. Nobody hits Ascendancy and Ascendancy wins. Everyone hits Ascendancy and xVx wins.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 21 May 2009 at 19:54.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 15:07   #262
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
i think saying we only hit 'some' nights takes away what we have actually done in the block Wish, especially in light of what the figures show

i would not have left Inso. out, still i feel the numbers are incorrect.
i guess i alone have sent 20 or so fleets asc' way, and im far from a top attacker in wafhh

DUO: i doubt DLR/Evo would feel wafhh havent been in on this from the start, the main reason why wish prob thought Insomnia was slacking off, is due to claiming at times being done in pm.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 15:09   #263
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is fascinating to watch on Sandmans.

I don't think the BGs and allies will be able to keep it up on Asc though. Asc will run low on roids, and some of the allies will probably turncoat and go after xVx. Asc will demolish xVx and the round will be another Asc win.

The coalition of BGs provides an interesting counterbalance to Asc though.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 15:10   #264
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i still love you foxeh and wish :-) even if you do say mean things to me in the bg channel :-(

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 16:16   #265
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post

I don't think the BGs and allies will be able to keep it up on Asc though. Asc will run low on roids, and some of the allies will probably turncoat and go after xVx. Asc will demolish xVx and the round will be another Asc win.

I must say, I'm quite inclined to agree with this. It's definately a fantastic round to watch on sandmans and very interesting Although I do feel this can only last for so long with CT/ND eventually wanting to take out xVx, although they must surely know from past experiences, any firepower directed off from Ascendancy will mean another Ascendancy win is in order

Can I just also make a point about competition. JBG said that there was no competition this round etc, from where i see it, the galaxy competition looks decent and the bgs seem to be competeing on a avg size/score/value level which looks good, as well as the fierce fighting going on currently, it seems a lot is happening making this round better then some would of previously thought.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 16:25   #266
JonnyBGood
Banned

The galaxies and bgs aren't fighting each other. Any competition between them is purely an illusion.
Unread 20 May 2009, 17:38   #267
Tommy
Sain†s

It's not.
Unread 20 May 2009, 17:49   #268
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Jesus ****ing christ you daft ****ing bitch learn to ****ing read.
Go get yourself a valium or something and take a vacation next round please.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 17:56   #269
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
It's not.
Please dont correct JBG, surely he knows better whats happening in the Bg's and between the bg's.
Unread 20 May 2009, 18:05   #270
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
The galaxies and bgs aren't fighting each other. Any competition between them is purely an illusion.
So alliances cannot have compitition if not fighting each other?

JBG you've got some weird logic in that brain of yours

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 19:22   #271
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

You've made me post again I getting so bored at work that the forums are getting me addicted. First wish say ec hit asc everynight is true and false every attack since beginning of round ec has scanned and picked gals with low anti cr/bs and generally there's been 1 asc atleast in the gal but we hit entire gal so there called gal raids not asc targetting. We admit we have hit asc I don't lie on net as for coordination occasionally the bgs did tell other bgs which gals they hitting as to avoid piggybacking and certain bgs still piggybacked ec not mentioning names but I wasn't amused but by no means did we organise hitting asc this way earlier weeks.

As for the bgs crumbling ec is unlikely to crumble our first round was just to be an ally no goals as such which we have done and we hope to grow round by round so expect us to stay around for quite some time.

On another note I don't want asc to win due to them winning often and of course being the best alliance currently in pa knocking off the big dog is always alliances goals but I don't want xvx to win as cardi has a big enough ego and if xvx win he be like asc nothing without me and liths etc I rule you all are crap even aimed at the people who helped xvx secure a victory so I don't trust him but I leaving politics mainly up to killerbee as id just make a mess of things and start a riot amongst the bgs for shits and giggles hehe.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 19:51   #272
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post

I think there's a big difference this round.
Generally when a coalition is put together to fight the top alliance, it has been another contender putting together that coalition.
This time the resistance was started by the smaller tags banding together & another contender was created through the efforts of those BGs/allies.

Generally once the initial feeding frenzy has worn off & targets start getting less juicy, harder to hit, then the smaller tags start thinking that this isn't really their fight anyway. This time we're all in a battle we started & chose to fight, simply for our own self preservation.

The size of the block may vary, as indeed it generally does every day anyway, but i think there are enough dedicated people involved in it who realise that our own self preservation depends on keeping ascendancy busy.

Will xvx manage to win this round or will Ascendancy bounce back once again to win?
I don't know, I don't even really care. What I do know is that if left unchecked, ascendancy will become an unstoppable monster capable of roiding anyone they choose to roid & members doing stupid things out of sheer boredom.

Props to Wishmaster/Foxeh, Venox, Jonas/Mek, Vladel, Paisley/Hylands & Sick^Death for realizing this is our fight & sticking to it.
We have at least made things interesting, when it looked to be a completely pointless round.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 20:05   #273
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Simple, nothing to lose
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 20:55   #274
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right here's my analysis of the situation. Lets begin from where I left off in the anti asc allstars thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
This round is very much a missed opportunity for our enemies if they don't appear to want to challenge us (I'm assuming from this thread that a lot of you have given up) as obviously we're in a bit of transition and quite honestly these stats are a piece of shit that reward swamping your opponent with FI/CO more than using any genuine strategic insight with different ship classes.
At the moment this analysis in terms of that it's very easy to outnumber Ascendancy and make it difficult while we're in a transitional phase (which we are) is absolutely correct, because these stats have the tactical depth of a puddle (what we should do about that and the perpetrator of these stats is for another thread). Salvage is also an issue but also a pretty minor one, as people appear to be crashing less. But these are both things that Ascendancy have to cope with regardless.

First of all Ascendancy should have just played like Fury in round 5 and bombed out the BG's picking them off one by one if they really wanted to win easily. I would have done this regardless, despite it being terribly boring, because it's just competent planetarion. I do not like such a strategy but from the commanding position that Ascendancy had at the start of the round, if you're being professional, it's the only one you can play. Instead, Ascendancy opted to outgrow everyone.

At the moment, it's pretty much Ascendancy versus everybody, which I'm more than happy to accept. I strongly believe we have the capacity to ride this out, as we will sooner rather than later become not just bad targets, but highly unprofitable ones to even land on. Note that I said capacity; it will require Ascendancy to engage a various range of measures to counteract what is up against them, and that essentially means playing to the intensity of last round.

As I see it Ascendancy has two options:

1) Chip away at the battlegroups

Essentially this involves blitzkrieg of the BG's and following the initial strategy I intimated earlier. This obviously comes with a risk; that xVx get so far out of sight that it's too late for Ascendancy to recover when they become horrifically exposed. Long term, it's a strategy that has worked in the past and would certainly act to discourage BG's from launching on Ascendancy, as a lot of them have players who are essentially, playing for rank.

2) Go for xVx's throat

Essentially this would revolve around an attack focussed on LDK. The reality of the situation is that while LDK hold up xVx, they're only there out of personal convenience and much like DLR in ND, they would be more than happy to the see the rest of the alliance sink than see their friends suffer in war. The risk of course is letting other alliances into the game while engaging in a brutal one on one war.

But as I've said all of this is entirely dependent on whether Ascendancy can hit the levels they have previously. As I've said on several occasions I've been against Ascendancy taking this round seriously from the start, simply because after a lot of fighting last round, we'd lack of a bit of intensity in our play and quite honestly I've hated these stats since before the round (as do many of our senior players). However, I'm a pretty pragmatic kind of chap and we have to make do with the lot that's been dealt with us.

All this crap about how many alliances are hitting Ascendancy borders on irrelevancy and in my opinion, I've seen more squabbling in this thread than analysis.
Unread 20 May 2009, 21:27   #275
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
So alliances cannot have compitition if not fighting each other?

JBG you've got some weird logic in that brain of yours
Yeah man the competition between xVx and Ascendancy was really at a fever pitch when they weren't hitting us. It's like claiming, I dunno, barcelona and man utd would have competed this year if instead of meeting in the champions league you'd just compare their league records in order to discover whose best.
Unread 20 May 2009, 21:33   #276
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's like claiming, I dunno, barcelona and man utd would have competed this year if instead of meeting in the champions league you'd just compare their league records in order to discover whose best.
Stupid analogy, though the point you're trying to make once applied to pa might be valid. But still, retarded analogy. So you think that, say, Liverpool and Manchester United have not been competing against each other for the past however many months? I mean, they've only actually played each other twice (I'm sure the bgs will have at least some hostile fleets sent at each other).
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 21:38   #277
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Stupid analogy, though the point you're trying to make once applied to pa might be valid. But still, retarded analogy. So you think that, say, Liverpool and Manchester United have not been competing against each other for the past however many months? I mean, they've only actually played each other twice (I'm sure the bgs will have at least some hostile fleets sent at each other).
If they never played each other not really no. I mean, there's no sport in which your type of example could happen is there? Team gymnastics I guess you never really compete directly against the other team! But yeah it's not a good analogy, if you think you know what my point was feel free to offer a better one!

Totally unrelated edit: The number of people who seem to think this is whining about incs is actually just unbelievable. Go and get more alliances and hit us. Seriously. Go on, they're out there, you must be able to coerce someone into doing you a favour.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 20 May 2009 at 21:44.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2009, 21:51   #278
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
if you think you know what my point was feel free to offer a better one!
Or just dont make an analogy! To be honest, even if there wasn't a champions league final and it was actually based on who had the best domestic form - manchester united and barcelona would still be competing against each other (eg, if it was close, man utd would play their hearts out against hull this weekend - as it is, they won't really).

Man, isn't discussing semantics (or whatever describes these posts) so much more fun than alliance politics.
Unread 20 May 2009, 21:54   #279
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Or just dont make an analogy! To be honest, even if there wasn't a champions league final and it was actually based on who had the best domestic form - manchester united and barcelona would still be competing against each other (eg, if it was close, man utd would play their hearts out against hull this weekend - as it is, they won't really).

Man, isn't discussing semantics (or whatever describes these posts) so much more fun than alliance politics.
Analogies, while often depressingly lacking when it comes to accuracy, are pretty fun. More fun than discussing semantics or alliance politics really.
Unread 20 May 2009, 22:19   #280
newt
Banned

Only analogy i can think of is a boring planetarion one Similar to what happened in r6. If pre-round 2 big blocks formed, each with say 4 alliances in it - they fought vs each other all round, one block won, and of course one alliance in that block will have won as alliance. But would you say that alliance competed against the 3 others in the same block? no way.

Which I think is then comparable to the manchester united player of the year award - one player wins it, but did he compete against everyone else at the club? hmmm! Either that's a decent analogy, or I've had one too many glasses of wine and I'm in cloud cuckoo land (ps, it didn't take me ~30mins to come up with, honestly I was afk for most of that time!).
Unread 20 May 2009, 22:46   #281
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So you think that, say, Liverpool and Manchester United have not been competing against each other for the past however many months? I mean, they've only actually played each other twice .
And liverpool won both, don't know if thats relevant...don't particularly care..just felt necessary to mention it. Carry on.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 02:01   #282
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Only analogy i can think of is a boring planetarion one Similar to what happened in r6. If pre-round 2 big blocks formed, each with say 4 alliances in it - they fought vs each other all round, one block won, and of course one alliance in that block will have won as alliance.
Except that didn't always happen did it? Legion and fury both had good claims to win r2 and r3, you could even chuck wolfpack into the mix for r3 if you wanted to. You could argue NoS or Xanadu won r4, fury or legion again in r5 and any of nos, deus or wolfpack for r6. Round 7 it'd be difficult to argue that fury didn't win, similary for r9 and eclipse and r9.5 and LDK but round 8 you're talking about both LDK and titans. I guess technically you could go back and add up the total score of all the planets in each alliance and determine your winner that way but I don't really see what that would accomplish.

I don't agree with your analogy either! That player didn't compete against the players at his club, he co-operated with them.
Unread 21 May 2009, 07:44   #283
Shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Long term, it's a strategy that has worked in the past and would certainly act to discourage BG's from launching on Ascendancy, as a lot of them have players who are essentially, playing for rank.
First of all, nice analysis in general, but this part made me wonder. It's been said a few times before by asc.
Ofcourse I guess for almost every player ranking is important in some way. And almost everyone will agree losing score=bad and gaining score=good.
But when you single it out and mention it like this, you make it seem like the BG's are playing only for rank or mostly for rank, while I'd think they care about ranking a lot less than the average Asc or xVx player.
Since if it was ranking they would be after they would have joined Asc or napped Asc. Instead they chose to hit Asc knowing full well their BG wouldnt have enough defense to defend properly against an ally 3-4 times their size.
Ofcourse I dont know everyone in all the bg's and even in my own there are a few scorequeens, but I was mostly just curious why you thought playing in a bg meant playing for rank.

oh and for that competing discussion, just use players instead of alliances.
Are the top 10 players competing against eachother for nr1 spot?
Or is that only true if they actually fight eachother?
Unread 21 May 2009, 08:05   #284
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
But when you single it out and mention it like this, you make it seem like the BG's are playing only for rank or mostly for rank, while I'd think they care about ranking a lot less than the average Asc or xVx player.
Since if it was ranking they would be after they would have joined Asc or napped Asc. Instead they chose to hit Asc knowing full well their BG wouldnt have enough defense to defend properly against an ally 3-4 times their size.
Yeah man. It took real cahones to hit an alliance that 350 others are targetting at the same time which now includes a group of 90 which that alliance is obviously going to target back. Achilles couldn't have done better himself. I'm sure the amount of incs the BGs are getting off f-crew at the minute are truly terrifying.
Unread 21 May 2009, 08:55   #285
Tommy
Sain†s

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
And liverpool won both, don't know if thats relevant...don't particularly care..just felt necessary to mention it. Carry on.
I giggled, because Liverpool fans always make me giggle.
Unread 21 May 2009, 09:14   #286
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

i think best way to go about it for the BG's is to keep at it for another week or two, then let asc and xvx fight it out between themselves.
Unread 21 May 2009, 09:55   #287
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
i think best way to go about it for the BG's is to keep at it for another week or two, then let asc and xvx fight it out between themselves.
Oh man really? I'll have to delay my decision over whether or not to tell cardi I'll guarantee xVx finish #1 in exchange for them hitting a BG with us every night until it disbands then!
Unread 21 May 2009, 11:07   #288
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Oh man really? I'll have to delay my decision over whether or not to tell cardi I'll guarantee xVx finish #1 in exchange for them hitting a BG with us every night until it disbands then!
What a defeatist attitude you have their JBG
You go down into 2nd place.... http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=rankalliance
Boy doesn't that look good . and you are talking about tossing in the towel already.
Are your "Man Utd fans" ie the rank players of your ally considering jumping ship because they aren't going to win the premiership so to speak?
Is it anything to do with the fact yous arent holding roids (over a several day period)

Has it ever occured to you and your fellow gaffers at Asc why there is such favour to have an anti asc block... could it be anything to do with your/fellow asc posting/ecocks/just being cocks in general?
Unread 21 May 2009, 11:09   #289
Tommy
Sain†s

I resent the implication that shipjumpers can be called 'fans'. True fans stick by their team.
Unread 21 May 2009, 11:18   #290
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

well i would imagine a few people joined asc this round to guarantee themselves a spot in the number one alliance. I wonder what they are thinking of now

Unread 21 May 2009, 11:50   #291
Wishmaster
LDK

Asc are by far better off at this time this round than what they was last round. I dont buy the "we have lost" attitude jbg is trying to spread here at all.
He managed last round when he pulled that stunt on ad, he probably will again this round

Quote:
Unread 21 May 2009, 11:54   #292
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

nah people have lost to much fleet now.

Its pretty demoralising when you know you cant do anything, you could be the 90 best players in the same ally. (asc by far doesnt have this - also insert comment about lol asc have more than 90 members before some faggot points that out)
Active as anything but you still couldnt survive this purely because of numbers you just cant.. oh well

How can you fight bgs who are for example able to let there xans attack full fleet banshee and phant because they get so little incs they dont need to defend anything. Its just reached the point of well, wheres the fun . Time to focus on my exams.. Dont get my wrong, im all for a fight but this isnt a fight anymore.

I personally hope we stop hitting xvx and just try to hit some bgs who effectively, (like dlr last round) do what they wish
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:01   #293
Mek
InSomniac

the situation you are experiencing is what the bgs would be enduring if we had not started hitting you

Unread 21 May 2009, 12:04   #294
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
well i would imagine a few people joined asc this round to guarantee themselves a spot in the number one alliance. I wonder what they are thinking of now

I hope they quickly emoquit! Other then that I doubt we have many of those in our ranks.

Also Paisley is vengeance. Anyone still playing there needs their heads examined. That said; I am all up to hand xVx the round win as an alliance to be honest and then completely and utterly devastate the bg's out there together.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 21 May 2009 at 12:08. Reason: double post :(
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:07   #295
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<@Munin> proposition 338 (0 days old): kick zub0. zub0 commented 'jester is gonna anyway i luv asc not playing 4 no other anyone else'.
<@Munin> proposition 339 (0 days old): kick DarK_AnGeL^. benneh commented 'dont want to do this but he has crashed and emo left tag. sadly gotta go'.

Fewer in a couple of days!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:12   #296
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

No fortress is built to last forever.

For someone who played last round i wouldn't trust asc to not be counted as #1 contender until the very last of days given that they fell behind considerably from the leader. Seeing them as outnumbered on the forums as in the game, I'd imagine the best way was to let go of temptation and ignore AD heat as outbursts mostly only fuel the anti-asc-bandwagon. Ofc that'd be very unentertaining for timekillers like myself

From xvx's point of wiev i'd be very cautious, knowing the unstability called cardinal...

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:18   #297
JonnyBGood
Banned

I shit on all y'all's alliances.

And of course we could still win. I mean if the targetting reversed itself tonight we'd be back in front tomorrow probably or the day after that at the latest. My question is what would that prove. I mean quite literally the only way we seem to have open to us to try and win this round is to "trick" everyone into not hitting us as we won't reach #1 anyways. Sounds interezzzzzzzz...
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:22   #298
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
No fortress is built to last forever.

For someone who played last round i wouldn't trust asc to not be counted as #1 contender until the very last of days given that they fell behind considerably from the leader. Seeing them as outnumbered on the forums as in the game, I'd imagine the best way was to let go of temptation and ignore AD heat as outbursts mostly only fuel the anti-asc-bandwagon. Ofc that'd be very unentertaining for timekillers like myself

From xvx's point of wiev i'd be very cautious, knowing the unstability called cardinal...
Not quite true, I think if the coalition should be certain, they would need to keep hitting them till around 2 weeks left of the round, then maybe pscan asc, to see how much hidden value, to see if its any reason to continue.

However, what this made sure, is that Asc is going to be there next round, when before this cluster**** started, was uncertain.
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:26   #299
Shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
I hope they quickly emoquit! Other then that I doubt we have many of those in our ranks.

Also Paisley is vengeance. Anyone still playing there needs their heads examined. That said; I am all up to hand xVx the round win as an alliance to be honest and then completely and utterly devastate the bg's out there together.
Wasn't that exactly the plan at the start of the round? with the only difference that Asc was meant to be first and xVx second?

wonder how the round would have looked if the big alliances had planned to fight eachother instead of being all friendly and roiding the rest of the uni.

All these cries that its unfair and threats and pleas to change the situation would work a lot better if your alliance wasnt the ally who forced exactly this situation.
Unread 21 May 2009, 12:30   #300
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Wasn't that exactly the plan at the start of the round? with the only difference that Asc was meant to be first and xVx second?

wonder how the round would have looked if the big alliances had planned to fight eachother instead of being all friendly and roiding the rest of the uni.

All these cries that its unfair and threats and pleas to change the situation would work a lot better if your alliance wasnt the ally who forced exactly this situation.
It's not a plea, it's a statement of fact. I can accept the fact that the entire Planetarion universe refuses to let ascendancy win a fourth round in a row. Fair enough, we can't change people's minds. I will guarantee that Ascendancy won't win the round and see how many people are interested in working with us to lay waste to a bg or two.