User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 19 Apr 2004, 16:03   #51
Aglarzir

Aglarzir is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Halo

((Grunts are the small ones that carry either a plasma pistol or a splinter rifle and plasma grenades... right and not the ones with shields and plasma pistols.? I never really took the time to find out and when you are trying to complete it on legendary you don't really want to find out p.s the extra scene makes all the extra work worthwhile... My lips are sealed perhaps mankind could co-exsist with the covenant. Anyway posting...))

*Spotting the groups in the distance ((I'm assuming they are the small ones)) he realised they must be a scouting party as the grunts weren't known to travel to far from there leader and some sort of back up*

"Hold Fire, it is more then likely its just a scouting party... and if so I'd rather suprise there leader then give away our position, get yourselves hidden. Mad Cat and Church get ready... Everyone wait till they are a minimum 25 metres from your position I want them dead as soon as you open fire so no itchy trigger fingers, keep your heads down and wait... Tex, O'Mally if at any point you begin to get flanked and outnumbered I want you to fallback and reposition yourselves behind us No Heroics... I'm certain theres more out there, like I said check your safetys and your weapons."

*So the wait began and as he watched the small creatures on the horizon slowly making there way towards the structure, he couldn't help but feel just a little sorry for them they were slowly meandering there way to there death. 6 assult rifles followed there every move the trap was ready but he wanted them close enough that he could see there faces when it was sprung Covenant bastards were gonna get what was comming to them.*

"Mad Cat, Church keep yourself busy and watch our rear, i'll send you up when we are ready."

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Aglarzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 17:12   #52
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Aglarzir... i NEED to know what the extra scene is...... i have compleated Heroic leval and i am stuck on the Ledgenadry. Please either tell me how to get through Legendary or put me out of my waiting and tell me the ending sequence.........
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 18:11   #53
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*As the banshee goes screaming overhead Hewitt suddenly feels as if the chosen point of cover is a little sparse...*

"Hey Barbarossa, do you get the feeling we've been some how singled out as 'bait'?"

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 20:16   #54
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Page 2 - time for some information

Grunt:
Approximately 5' tall and relatively weak, Grunts tend to travel in packs and stick close to more powerful allies. Individually they are easy to defeat, but in groups they can overwhelm careless marines. Their armour seems to house some sort of life-support mechanism. They are known to use a variety of plasma weapons. They speak in squeeky tones, the language has mostly deduced and as such, marine headsets are capable of translating during battle.

Banshee:
Crew - Pilot 1
Weight - 2.25 tons
Armament - Two plasma cannons (100-250 kW range)
Secondary weapon - Two fuel rod cannons

The bansee is the Covanent's standard ground assault aircraft. It is very fast, extremely maneuverable and capable of hovering. It has two weapon pods mounted on either side of the fuselage. Both of these pods contain a light plasma cannon and a fuel rod cannon. Though small arms fire may disrupt the pilot. Only a sustained barrage, or heavy weapons are capable of inflicting damage.

DM later this evening and details of plasma weapons or human vehicles when you find them.

ASME - The Maw is one of the easier level on Legendary, you only have to beat it to get the extra ending clip, so if you're playing in Xbox, just load that Heroic file. Anyway, the real trick to the level is run like hell and know enemies. Plasma pistol / Shotgun is a good combo towards the start of the level, plasma weapons versus Sentinels if they get in the way, close range blasting for the Flood assault forms. When you get to the canteen, don't kill the hunters, instead, once the door's open, let them mob up the Flood chasing you and bomb it through on the right hand side, ducking into the bridge, do not hang around. Plasma grenade on the elite, he stays still just long enough when yelling in your face. Back to shotgunning the flood as you run for the engine room, this is another tough bit though, get above the Cryo bay and use the sealed room on the side if necessary, run the next corridoor fast, if you don't there's an unlimited supply of warrior flood forms that can spawn forth from it. Wouldn't head into the engine room until you stock up on rockets fron the armoury, mind the active camo flood heh, should be able to make it up to unlock the first manifold before Flood show up above the engines, if you jump over, you can rocket the reactor vent and make it back to the controls without going down again. Keep going, grenade/rocket the elevator if you have them, rev the engine and floor it for Foe Hammer, it's tight on Legendary, 4 minutes I think, so get into a good route and stick to it. I like to stop and watch the poor lieutenant go down, but that's optional. You might want to cut some of the corners if you're confident in drifting, as in the Foodnipple Grunt corridoors. Final hurdle is the gap you need to jump, numerous times I've nose dived and been slain by the force, try a bit of turn as you leave the edge for better stability and make sure you have a run before the hill back up. Once that's sorted the last jog to the Long sword isn't too hard.

^Ah geez, I play that game too much. Wish my memory was as good related to study.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 20:40   #55
Aglarzir

((The level to beat on legendary has to be the one where you go back to the alien ship to pick up the Captains brain implant things now thats a pain in the ass Flood and Covenent in close combat, most satisfying to throw a grenade in amongst them shame they only seem to just piss off the hunters. Has to be said the Shotgun, Assult Rifle or Pistol, Assult Rifle either combo works well in any situation. Never liked the alien weapons apart from melee with the plasma rifle I always felt that looked good, did anyone else spot the glitch in Co-Op when using your melee check which hand he punches with when using the plasma pistol whilst being watched by your team mate... and yes I wish that somehow my memory was as good related to study as it is at remembering old games I've played must be something to do with the hours enjoyi-Wasted on a computer Xbox or PS2))

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 21:57   #56
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Ah true, "Keyes" is a tough one, so long and so dark in parts, I do like it though, especially the bits near the end, with the big Cov Vs Flood battles and then you dive from the top of the hanger and steal the banshee that just landed. The hardest level would probably be the Library, but you can make it through fairly cheaply, or at least I did, since there's some place you can hide, instead of defending your position, when the Monitor of Installations buzzes off.

There's a couple of perspective glitches like that, but nothing that spoils the fun. Like the MC's helmet light, running over a battery in the suit, and as such is in the suit. Except when it comes to illuminating things, in which case any light emitted will appear to be sourced from the end of his gun, much like the rifle of the rest of the marine corp.

Oh right yeah, the thread...

Hill revisited
ASME, No Dachi, Bakan

The three of you run back towards the hill, Dubbo and Kaige are only seconds away on the otherside. The radio perks up again.

Scouts voice (it's heavy from running, it could be either of them): Wall, damn good thing these cliffs are so sheer, the Banshee has to make another run at us...

You can hear gunfire as you reach the crest of the track, it's just around the turning in the canyon wall

Scouts voice: Tree line should give us some cover, Kaige is giving me some cover, but it's not going to hold.

The high wailing noise that characterises the Covanent aircraft is peircing, soon the Banshee comes into full view, the two marines are pinned back, rifle fire lights up in the shade of the cliff. Same as applies to the other squad, with enough good hits from several rifles could bring it down.

Structures Defence
Aglarzir, Fluffie, Mad Cat

There's about 15 Grunts in view now, spread over the hill area they've just come down. The main group is closing on your position, much closer than they may spot where you're concealed, half a douzen are walking towards the centre of your formation, the head one stops and titls his face into the air, sniffing in with his little grunty nose. Then another pair, scamper down right beside the defence structure, Tex is hugged against the corner of the wall (movie style) just above them a few metres away.

A much lower growl echoes from behind the hill, must be the Elite in charge, the main half douzen swing around, their back to the Corporal now, the lead one again tilts his head and calls back in a whiney voice. The translater picks some of it up.

Grunt: Quiet here, smell..

Rockslide
Crazy, Barbarossa, Hewitt

Private. Dexter Griff doesn't need to be told twice, and will most likely comment on it later, he and Simmons follow the path of the Covanent Banshee with several strafes of rifle fire, sparks blister along the rear of the fuselage, where the pilot is most prone to feel the impacts, the aircraft shrieks around for another pass, coming right in the sights of Dias and the other marines, who promptly complete the task, catching it's right side as it arches a turn. The shots have obviously caught some peice of machinery vitally to it's working, and the fighter swiftly plummets into the rock area, catching fire as she goes, crashing into the larger boulders along the outskirts, not far from Hewitt, the wreckage rolls into a mangled pile a few metres out.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 22:13   #57
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Almost instinctively, No Dachi dropped to one knee and brought his assault rifle up to his shoulder, flicking the fire mode to single-shot semi automatic with his thumb. Aiming down the gunsight, he tried to control his breathing and keep the gun steady like he'd been taught in training. The old rifle range seemed quite far removed from the present situation with the heavily-armed Covenant craft screaming toward him...No Dachi focused, lining up his shot and then leading on from the fast moving target before squeezing the trigger once, twice, thrice, four times, leaving about a second's pause in between the line up again after the recoil. This done, he threw himself sideways onto the ground as the fighter shrieked overhead, twisting and bringing the assault rifle up again, trying to get a few more shots in as it passed overhead.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 22:45   #58
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

(What about meeeee)
Name:Adam

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 11:11   #59
Aglarzir

"Fire..."

*Aiming for the one in red armour in the middle of the group he presses the trigger and the gun flares into life as the mechanism hammers 3 bullets from the chamber directed at his head and as the grunt recoils after being hit, another burst and the grunt falls purple ichor leaking from its armoured suit, whilst continuing to shoot he gets back on the comms and in touch with Mad Cat and Church*

"Mad Cat, Church get back up there and pin them down your gonna have a better veiw and as such a better firing position then the rest of us. Keep in touch and tell us what you see..."

*Throwing a grenade just behind them but if they stood still they would get caught by the explosion caused the remaining grunts to scatter forwards towards more assult rifles and bullets ripping them open*

"Tex, O'mally check your flank!"

*He spotted another making a run for the hill and brought the assult rifle up and emptied what was left of his clip into its back dropping it just as it reached the top of the hill. Reloading had to be what made these guns stand out a practiced marine could reload in a about 2 seconds and be ready to fire, an experienced marine made it more like 1 second and they were firing.*

((I'm assuming that none of the grunts survived... I'd be extremely worried if any did))

"Any Injuries and keep your eyes open for that elite..."

((I actually found the Library pretty easy and I didn't do that much hiding I used grenades to cover my flank and started doging the closecombat attacks using duck and side step worked pretty well and then they take a few momments to recover and during that time you use the one who just attacked you with the close combat attack as cover from there incomming fire and then shot gun him in the head before he attacks again... work pretty well until you get targeted with a rocket launcher... and everyone goes flying lol. If you ever get the chance get yourself and a mate to occupy a small space to the left of one of the doors near the beginning and then see if you can hold out against the flood (we managed it on legendary but we weren't incredibly healthy afterwards) then with all the dead bodies accumilated in the one small spot toss a frag grenade into the collection and watch all the bodies go flying.))

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 19:00   #60
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

*Ceaser opened fire... and not wanting to waste ammo he took careful and let out three short bursts at the Banshee....

"Take this you piece of alien ****" Ceaser shouted....

when the Banshee's rear was exposed Ceaser let his Assult riffle rip.. filling the vally with the sound of gun fire....

"ARRRRGGGGGHHHH"shouts Ceaser
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:55   #61
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Bang Bang Bang, lots of grunts, die, banshees explode, fire rains, slight showers in the north, DMing tomorrow afternoon
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 00:47   #62
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Holding his breath, Bakan aims at the Banshee as it screams overhead. Turning around, Bakan then slowely pulls the trigger, firing a shot per squeeze into the back of the Banshee, where he thought he recall some briefing where they were the weakest. Firing until the Banshee was out of range, Bakan quickly checks his ammo counter, and prepares to fire if the need arrises.*
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 09:15   #63
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Simmons watches as the banshee crashes and burns. He waves his gun in the air in celebration.

"Wooh! Yeah! Take that covenant scum! Hahahah"

*ahem*

Having done his little celebration, and noticing the stren look from Sarge, Simmons gets back to awaiting for the covenant ground troops to arrive and the real party to begin.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 15:19   #64
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Tex, with her never dying love, had been caressing her trigger. She loved it. It loved her.

Then, they had an orgasm and not much later they gave birth to many a bullet.

Or, put into other words, Tex unleashes her demonic powers and kills like no-one has ever killed before with her Assault Rifle, defying most laws of nature as she does so.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 17:28   #65
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Alien Building and a hard place
ASME, No Dachi, Bakan

The Banshee swoops and strafes the ground with plasma fire, tearing up steaming piles of dirt and stone. Private Kaige is quick to move out of the road, rolling from the embankment he was tucked for cover on, Jenkins brings his rifle around on the passing Banshee and unloads half a clip more or less into it. A well placed barrage by Private Mathers and Corporal Ceaser rocks it on the next pass while it shows signs of weakening, a sluggish turn and a drouping left wing, it passes wind and looks to attempt a damaged landing when Bakan catches the rear of the fleeing aircraft, the propulsion system is head to bang out and it dips into a sharp dive, slamming against the canyon wall and dropping as a crumpled mess.

Sergeant Stacker comes through the radio as you make it back towards the hill and down to the structure again

Stacker: Good job Corporal, but get back here sharp, that was recon on the comms, there's a group of covanent dropships heading our way. We've secured ourselves in the first structure, just behind the wall, there's a section of tunnel that we believe links the two... We'll hold them over from inside.

You return quickly to find the rest of the squad, minus one, held up along the perimeter of the alien "building", most have their fire arms primed and gripped at the ready. ASME's weapon requires reloading, you have three spare clips(60 shots/) on you, plus some spare in the supply bag. While you busy yourself with that, Private Black runs in behind you.

Black: Covanent dropship sir, just pulled in behind us. I don't think they saw me, but they know we're here.

Dropship - Pelican Golf 3 13
Adam

Private. Adam gripped his seat brace in the back of the dropship, he was with the supply troop on escort duty, he and two marines were to cover the aircraft as it made the drop to UNSC people scattered all over the valley. It had been quiet for some time, the Covanent air patrol had moved upspin where the Piller of Autumn landed, it was just the groundtroops and their dropships they had to worry about, so far it was clear, but they couldn't risk a closer landing until they got confirmation from the marines.

Structure Defence
Fluffie, Aglarzir, Mad cat

The peppering begins, a hail of bullets errupt from the concealed marines, grunts scatter and run into each other as the cross fire tears into them, many squel in terror and flood back up the hill, one tossed frag grenade sends a pack of the forsaken ankle nibblers flying. The same deeper call again sounds over the hill

Elite: Roooow~gah daaaower!!

The taller and much mightier of the Covanent force, the elite reveals himself, and he's brough a friend. Both of them are wearing a shining blue armour, with enhanced sparkle effect due to their own personal shield, as they run down the hill leading a new pack of Grunts, four following each of them they disperse into the tree area infront of the two structures. Mad Cat and Church have the best vantage on the ground forces, and now, the dropship that's descending from above, it's too heavy to take down without much bigger guns than your current supply, but will take some time before it can land to deploy.

Three of the squad have less than 20/60 bullets in the clip, the rest just over half spare. Each have three spare clips(60 shots/) on you.

Rockslide

You guys have regrouped in a more defencive position in the expectation of incoming ground troops, right enough, you duck behind the rock area near the top of the hill as two Covanent dropships (Spectre) pass overhead and look for a spot to land, ithey're too heavy to take down without much bigger guns than your current supply, but will need to set down away from you at the bottom of the rocked area to deploy troops.

Sarge: Here it is boys, keep 'em sharp, rifles hot!
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 17:37   #66
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Tex fires some more rounds, trying to pick off the Grunts first. Looking at the Elites, she considers throwing a grenade... Should the area be clear of any st00pid friendlies, she actually throws it, like an apple falling from a tree when it wants to be eaten. Only, this throw, in a more violent, bloodlusty way.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 20:21   #67
ASME
DarkStar

*Ceaser looks at the four marines...

"Ok Marines, job well done... now lets move out back to the rest of the squad"

*Ceaser turns around and moves off towards the rest off the squad
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 20:34   #68
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Adam holds his rifle tightly as he whipes a bit of sweat from his forehead quickly as he glances around, conevent were around he could feel it, turning around he shifted uncomfortably in his seat eager for the fight

Unread 22 Apr 2004, 12:17   #69
Aglarzir

*gripping his rifle he brings it up and takes aim realising how difficult the Shields normally were to take out under any circumstances he gets on the comms.*

"Urashimi, Maison get a grenade in amongst them and one infront of them give those shield guys nowhwhere to run. Jenkins and myself will provide covering fire Now"

*Bringing the rifle up he begins blasting at the shield guys and through any gaps and oppertunity's givern to him, Jenkins follows suit and the shield guys are no longer givern the chance to advance*

"Mad Cat, Church see if you can't start spraying the grunts with fire I want them broken up and running."

"Tex, O'mally keep your eyes on your flank."

"Give'em hell Marines"

Unread 22 Apr 2004, 16:04   #70
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

No Dachi was now standing in a half-daze, watching the fragments of the Banshee falling to the ground, leaving smoke trails behind them as they plummetted through the air. Hearing the Corporal's order, he nodded twice, slowly and absent-mindedly, before turning around almost reluctantly and starting the run back up to the odd building.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 20:00   #71
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Elite: There are a few varieties of the Elite, but all are roughly 8'6" tall and incredibly strong. Their strength allows them to rely on brute force when necessary, but they're quite capable of brilliant battlefield tactics as well. Their natural resilience is augmented with full-body energy shielding which recharges when depleted. They can wield many forms of plasma based weaponary. What is known of Covanent hierachey suggests these are the ones that command much of the militiary, they are often seen in battle ordering the lower specie troops.

Alien Building and a hard place
ASME, Bakan, No Dachi

You return quickly to find the rest of the squad, minus one, held up along the perimeter of the alien "building", most have their fire arms primed and gripped at the ready. ASME's weapon requires reloading, you have three spare clips(60 shots/) on you, plus some spare in the supply bag. While you busy yourself with that, Private Black runs in behind you.

Black: Covanent dropship sir, just pulled in behind us. I don't think they saw me, but they know we're here.

Deciding it best to stay covered and let the immenant rush of Covanent to disperse a little Sergeant Stacker moves you into the tunnel leading into the side of one of the buildings, it slopes down quite a distance into shadow, you can see a turning vaguely lit in an eerie blue light.

As it turns out the covanent were closer or Black heals that anticipated, another group must have been tracking him while he scouted the dropship, a human shaped, battle clad, and very tall alien figure steps out to the enterance behind you guys, roaring in his blasphamous alien language.

Structure Defence
Aglarzir, Fluffie, Mad cat

Sending short bursts of rifle fire through the trees when the Covanent try to advance seems to be working, Grunts seem to paniced to proceed, until the Elites make their move. One is hunched up behind a rock a short distance ahead, peroidically exchanging fire with Maison, blue plasma sizzles and scorches burns into the structure wall. Urashimi swings out to get another look, nailling a running Grunt, before ducking back, suppressing fire from Jenkins and the Corporal, gives him another chance a moment later, he sizes up the distance and plants the grenade a little off, to the left of that rock.

Elite: Rea~syaaAh!!
Grunt: Woah!!! Grenade!!

Comes the responce from behind it, seconds later, it goes off, sending those hidding in a scatter, the Elite dives from his cover, while the grunt soars across in a bloody mess. Though the Elite is now left, clearly exposed.

Tex and her grenadey pleasures, on the opposite flank of the squad, hurls up a large cloud of dust, upsetting a line of Grunts, mortally wounding one and leave two more dazed in shellshocked, their alien flank now open.

Adam

The aircraft has a large rear bay, where you and the squad are seated, your near the edge gripping the restraints, you've got a clear view on the terrain directly behind the Pelican, you can spot a ground battle raging below in a rocky area, but are powerless to help at this altitude, the pilot is looking for a place to set down, but is relucant until the Covanent are either dead or driven back.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 20:20   #72
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Simmons watched from his place in the rocks as the covenant dropship desenced and let its troops out without landing, then flew away. He waited while the covenant started moving slowly towards the rocks, where the squad was hidden. He raised his rifle, the stock sitting firmly in his shoulder, as he sighted down the rifle, waiting for the covenant to come around the corner and get a belly full of lead.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 23:18   #73
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

"Come on, can't you take this thing down! *Trisk growls as he looks around* "I cant take this waiting!"

Unread 23 Apr 2004, 23:40   #74
Aglarzir

*Spotting the elite in the open he hopes that the grenade managed to at least damage the creatures shields. The assult rifle moves from covering fire to target its head, after watching one of these things smash one of his teamates with its plasma rifle he decided vengence was his.*

"Your mine Bitch"

*The cases fly red hot from the chamber as the smooth auotmatic system fired round after round in the creatures direction waiting for and expecting the side step, as it ducked and moved for cover it was caught in another barrage of fire and the shield dropped*

"Die you ugly ****"

*The bullets hit home and slamned into the creatures head ripping through its armour as it penetrated through the creatures neck and upper chest causing explosions of alien flesh which fell smouldering to the floor as it dropped down dead, his emotions took control and he let forth a beastiel roar from within the depths of his chest*

"GRAAAARRGH"

"Assult boys press home the advantage be ready to fall back at a momments notice I want the rest of this scum spread over this battlefield and by spread I mean there guts and entrails, watch your partners back and make these alien ****s bleed. MOVE MOVE MOVE"

Unread 26 Apr 2004, 23:43   #75
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Rockslide

The covanent split in two and run towards the rocky area, marines from the top of the hill scatter them with rifle fire until they're covered, at which point Anderson and the Sarge call down the rest of you into one pack defending this clearing in the boulder debris, mostly surrounded by thick stone, but multiple entry points are possibly, covanent could and probably will come from anywhere. The marines fall into an outward facing circle covering all the flanks, waiting for the aliens.

Grunt: Humans!!

The first of them arrive as expected, scouting you out among the huge rockslide. Mendoza is in line with the first to appear, tearing the two grunts appart with a thick hail, Dias turns to add suppressing fire. 120 degrees around the squad of marines, Griff and Simmons are suddenly faced with a large contingent of grunts.

Adam

Flight Lieutenant: I'm getting as close as I can here, there's no time to offload any reloads for the guys down there, but take what you can and run, I'll lower you down on the next fly by.

The covanent dropships returning to their own ship, the Pelican is more free to maneouver, it can't land, but can get you close enough to the ground, for you and the marines to get out, the supplies will have to wait until the area is clear, and it can land properly. The pilot sets in behind the rocks, at the top of the hill, you can see the Covanent approaching on a group of marines several metres down.

Pelicans can hover on their thrusters, they don't have any winches to my knowledge, not that I want to implement at the moment, but you're close enough to the ground not to break your legs or stuff like that.

Flight Lieutenant: Take the fight too'em men.

Structure Defence

The first Elite, barrels backwards in a fountain of blood, purple liquid spews forth across the grass as the corpse slumps and twists back on itself.

Grunt: He got the eleet~~

A moment of disarray suddenly spreads across the grunt ranks, several turn and run tail across your line off fire, towards a group of trees, giving away the location of the second Elite, a roar echoes back across the battle field and the remaining Grunts manage to return fire, green plasma streaks towards your lines, impacting on your cover, singing it, while other shots, burn over head.

Tex and her cohort, press the advantage on the far flank, tearing down a line of Grunts, and bringing the marine range up on the Elite's side. Stragglers area appearing over the hill, but it looks like it won't take much to finish these last half douzen Grunts and their Elite.
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 03:42   #76
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Spinning around, Bakan quickly moves his assualt rifle towards the source of the inhuman noice. Finger pulling on the trigger, Bakan watched at the creature raised it's arms, trying to block the bullets. It's arm chipped away, with green blood sprouting out of various wounds that started to appear, until it fell.*

"We gotta move people!!"
Unread 4 May 2004, 19:58   #77
ASME
DarkStar

Ceaser watching Private Bakan agreed with his sentement, they had to move.. quickley...

"Ok, everyone move down to the corner we will form two lines across the passage, No Dachi, Bakan and any grennhorns are with me on this side of the passage, the rest of you make a lie on the other side of the passage..."

As everyone begins to carry out the orders, Ceaser looks up the passageway thinking he saw movemnet...

"Lets hussle Marines..." the corporal said
Unread 4 May 2004, 21:52   #78
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

A post!!!

er, yeah, I mean, *ahem* woot, replies, will get DMing soon.
Unread 5 May 2004, 11:30   #79
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Trisk looks at the ground as he clutches his assult rifle, he leaps off the plain as he lands and he bends his knees as he tumbles forward, he grits his teeth as he stands back up "This is Pelican Golf 3 13, We have dusted off" Trisk remains as he awaits for the rest of the marines to land

(Half way done the 2nd halo book lol)

Unread 8 May 2004, 15:52   #80
Aglarzir

*Watching the elite fall to the floor the purple blood slowy trickling across the ground, he pulled himself back into the cover as the plasma bolts burned the rocks surface and left a sulpherous smell hanging in the air.*

"O.k, attack boys lets bring them down"

*Firing short bursts at anything still moving he conserves his ammo or whats left of it making sure he is accurate with each bullet.*

Unread 18 May 2004, 10:53   #81
ASME
DarkStar

occ- DM WILL YOU... im having to revive every single thread i am in at the moment... PLEASE POSt PEOPLE-occ

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
Unread 18 May 2004, 11:43   #82
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Ah, you're just lucky I had an exam this morning, now I'm awake and failly lucid at this time of the day.

Alien Building - Tunnel
ASME, Bakan, No Dachi

*Private. Bakan first to act, closely followed by Ryan and Kaige, the combined rifle fire makes short work of the Covanent Elite, it crumples backwards under the force before it can counter act, it's blue armour now stained with blood and bullet scars, had the armour been red it would have signafied a higher ranked soldier, this was a the standard foot solider and he's bound to have had friends.

Your squad moves down to the turn in the passage, it's about 3 metres wide and dimly lit, the tunnel proceeds at about a 30 degree decline, around the corner it goes down further at right angles to the first, but levels of to some kind of room at the bottom, humming noises can be heard from below.

Back up at the tunnel enterance more figures appear, short ones, presumably grunts are being send down in waves to flush you out. Expect a lot more soon.

Structure Defence

You team presses the advantage, you know out number the enemy, looks like they can do naught but resist. Your ride has also arrived, the Dropship - Pelican Echo 419, pulls in low while two marines in her aft carriage open fire from the right flank. The men on the ground press on up the hill towards the remaining Covies and several short bursts make their mark send the baddies straight to alien hell.

Your in helmet radio crackles on.

Flight Lieutenant: This is Pelican Echo 419. Anybody readin' me? Repeat. Any UNSC personnel respond.

Rockslide
Adam

Jogging off the landing impact you and a pair of marines, head into the rocks, your drop ship ascends back to a safer altitude until the areas clear. You can hear the problem just around the next bend. Marines and Covanent ground troops are exchanging fire, they appear to have the marines surrounded, although they have the better defence position, you should be able to gun a hole in the alien perimeter.

You approach the rear of three grunts.
Unread 18 May 2004, 13:28   #83
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Reading you loud and clear, Pelican Echo 419."

* Tex shoots some more, keeping near her squadmates though. Gunfodder was scarce and expensive these days, she would have to be careful with them - not let them wander off too far on their own, that kind of thing.

* Her rifle spoke clear language, friendly asking the Covenant to piss the hell off. Of course, they didn't know how to read the bullets and got torn apart. That kind of thing.
Unread 20 May 2004, 00:00   #84
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

"Covenant b*****" Trisk thinks to himself as he approaches his assualt rifle reads 60 on it and the clip is still in as he approaches, he spies the plasma pistols as he aims quickly at the first grunts head slowly preparing to switch targets rapidly, he clicks the tirgger as a few rounds fly at the fdirst grunt he spins and turns to the next aiming for the methan tank as he fires a quick burst and then turns to the last unleashing several bursts on the group

Unread 20 May 2004, 09:16   #85
ASME
DarkStar

"Let them have it marines....." Ceaser called to the marines, after which he checked his rifle display and sprayed the grunts with lead.

"Get back up so i can kill you again...." commented one of the marines.... though Ceaser couldnt identify the source....

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:08   #86
ASME
DarkStar

occ- HELLO???????????????????????-occ

Unread 14 Jun 2004, 15:18   #87
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hmm is it still ok for me to join in?

Name: Lion'el "Bloody Stupid" Johnson

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 15:35   #88
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Alright, this may only appear logical for those that have played the game, or at least the second level, this is a brief run down of your locations

ASME, Bakan, No Dachi - the area refered to as "by the cliff"

You're now continueing deeper to the tunnel, to a room with a deep pit, glowy hummy deep stuff, more grunts are following you down.

Aglarzir, Fluffie, Mad cat - the area refered to as "by the waterfall" although you haven't come across this yet, it is near where Dachi, Bakan and the scout guys met the Banshee

Quickly finishing off the last few covanent, you approach the Pelican now hovering close to the ground, you can fish out some more ammo and maybe continue with the Pelican to pick up other marines, or head back to base camp with Taylor.

Crazy, Barbarossa, Hewitt - the area refered to as "by the rockslide"

*Poke* *Poke* *Poke* See below for next post

Adam [and now Ginge] - the area refered to as "by the rockslide" you've dropped in from the Pelican

You cut a hole through the perimeter of covanent surrounding the marines, they fall back in your direction as you spread out and flank the covanent who are trying to reassemble, both sides open fire. lots.

Master Chief - is now in a warthog somewhere, looking for more survivors, after meeting Foe Hammer, who is now landing to pick up Aglarzir/Fluffie/Mad Cat.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 16:32   #89
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*Lion'el jumped to one side as a plasma pistol bolt sizzled through the air towards him, narrowly missing his legs. He rolled behind a big rock as he hit thr ground, checking his grenades and assault rifle ammo before he took a look round the corner. Three grunts were coming towards his position and he opened fire with his assault rifle, gunning them down. Taking out a frag grenade he ran out from behind the rock to join the main group of marines, throwing the grenade in the direction of an elite, catching up with adam"

"Hey dude, whats your kill count?"

*lets off another few rounds at the enemy*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 14 Jun 2004, 16:36   #90
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: *Gets poked*

Oh crud.

*Hewitt gets into his respective defensive position and readies himself for the next group of grunts so he can blast 'em away with his trusty assault rifle.*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 21:26   #91
ASME
DarkStar

"Pick em off as you go Marines, we need a good defensiable position to hold them off" roared Corporal Ceaser. Ceaser looked at the chamber that they have entered.... two bridges cross the gulf of a chasm that runs the length of the room, at the bottom of which a glowing plasma coloured beam is being emmited at intervals. Suddenly some grunts apper in the oppening of the passage that they had just came from.

"wuha! Humanns!" cried one of them..."Fire!"

Quickly the marines opened the grunts up with a barage of bullets.. puple blood going everywhere. One of the grunt turned tail and ran back up the passage, Ceaser knew that to follow the grunt would lead him into a trap and quite probably death... "huh?" Ceaser said quietly... the marines feel silent... "Hmm... though i head soemthing... i could have sworn i heard a warthogs machine gun from up there..." the marines behind him seemed to be straining to get some glimpse of what Ceaser had heard but snapped back to keeping a look out when Ceaser truned and saw them..

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 13:29   #92
ASME
DarkStar

ooc- agian i have a thing for threads that seem dead, also i loved the Halo game, if need be ill Dm here -ooc

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 15:09   #93
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Damm it started
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 15:35   #94
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

well people replying to old threads gives me a heads up and brings me back to the forum

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 05:41   #95
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

ummm if Dm is still dming i have a way to work myself in plz
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:47   #96
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Yeah, I guess I can pick this thread up again (though I tend to just go play Halo 2 in my spare time, wah~hoot.

Where I left you, most, bar maybe ASME's group, who had some more fighting to do first, where about to be dusted off by the Pelican troop ships. I'll forward you guys to this point now. And we can prepare for "The Truth and Reconcilliation"
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 09:38   #97
ASME
DarkStar

ooc- whay, lock and load marines, *gets sniper rifle locked and loaded* we got ourselves a captain ot save -ooc

Unread 16 Dec 2004, 16:49   #98
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Yeah, I guess I can pick this thread up again (though I tend to just go play Halo 2 in my spare time, wah~hoot.
whats your gamertag on live, it would be interesting tobe beaten by you :P

Unread 16 Dec 2004, 17:47   #99
mrmao
oh...sexy...

hay um what about me i need to play