Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:24   #1
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Shraan Mercinary Triads: Days of Tension

Okay, this is going to be a strategy game based on Shraan, set five years before the Millenia War broke out, when tension began rising between the Besilons and the Saxolites. This is the time the Mercinary Triads were first formed, gaining business from both the Besilons and the Saxolites. You are a mercinary recruit, joining the Triads for a hope of money, or simply to gain recognition.

You will get the chance to choose from three races:

Terran - Strong and Thoughtful, but very self-centred
Besilon: - Intellegent and Tactical, but weak
Saxolite: - All saxolites vary due to unknown mutations from birt. These are both burdens and useful (ie, nightsight, but cannot see during daylight)

Your character choice will determin what your stats would be. You can choose any gender, as this will also determin your overall stats. Saxolites, however, will have varied stats depending on their mutations, these stats will be posted to the individual players via PM.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:24   #2
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Re: Shraan Mercinary Triads: Days of Tension

When you have selected your character race and gender, now is the time to select your equipment. You will start off with a mere 150c, which you may use to buy equipment from the armoury, buy from the black market within the various cities, pay for rent, bribe people, etc. Not all items in the armoury are found in weaponshops or black markets, and vice versa. You may only carry up to 10 slots total on your character, aditional inventory slots can be gained with bags, bandoilas, etc.

You may only buy from the Triad Armoury at the start of the RPG, here are the listings:

Triad Armoury
Melee Weaponry
Knife - (5 knives per Slot) 5c
A simple, small knife, but easily breakable

Dagger - (2 knives per Slot) 10c
A larger knife, usually used for stabbing armoured things

Throwing Knife - (5 knives per Slot) 5c per knife
Throw-only knives, can be retreived from the floor

One-Handed Sword - (1 Slot) 30c
A short sword carried in one hand, these can do some damage to unarmoured creatures

Broadsword - (2 Slots) 75c
A heavy sword used mostly to make a damaging impact

Disbursion Sword - (3 Slots) 100c
An energy-based sword used to cut through light and medium armours

Handguns
9mm Pistol - (2 Slots) 75c -Requires 9mm Ammo-
These are the basic of pistols, loud and effective, but not a very good assassin's weapon. Can have 1 upgrade.

Revolver - (2 Slots) 95c -Requires Revolver Ammo-
These are 6-bullet weapons that can rip through most light armours. these are used mostly by people that have a good aim and a strong arm.

Tranquiliser Pistol - (2 Slots) 85c -Requires Tranq. Ammo-
Pistols that fire tranquilisers using air pressure rather than gunpowder. These are silent, but are only useful if they hit the skin and actually peirce it.

Double Barrel - (2 Slots) 125c -Requires 9mm ammo-
These are two-barreled 9mm Pistols useful for either quicker reload time or double damage. Can have 2 Upgrades

Uzi SMG - (3 Slots) 200c -Requires Uzi Ammo-
A fast-paced handgun that acts as an SMG. Not very good for precise aim.

SMG
G21 Basic SMG - (4 Slots) 200c -Requires SMG Ammo-
A simple SMG, slightly more accurate SMG than the Uzi, these babies run out of ammo quickly. Can have 1 Upgrade.

G25a Advanced SMG - (5 Slots) 300c -Requires SMG Ammo-
A faster, more accurate SMG than the G21, this SMG can run out of ammo very quickly, but whatever was being hit had better have good armour. Can have 2 upgrades

Rifles
T21a Pinpointer - (5 slots) 150c -Requires Rifle Ammo-
This is a simple rifle useful for accuracy, although starts with no modifications. Can have 1 Upgrade

Tranquiliser Rifle - (3 Slots) 175c -Requires Tranq Ammo-
This is much more accurate than the pistol version as well as an increased 'skin-break' ability. Howvere it must hit the skin, all forms of armour would knock it off course and render the darts useless.

T30 Snipes - (5 Slots) 250c -Requires Rifle Ammo-
Pinpoint accuracy, in-built scope and a silencer, this rifle is definatly the beginner's sniping choice. Uses only one bullet at a time. Can have 1 Upgrade.

Nighthawk Sniper Rifle - (6 Slots) 350c -Requires Rifle Ammo-
This rifle is much like the T30 Snipes, but also comes equipt with nightvision and energy bullet enhancers.

Energy Particle 'Lazer' Rifle - (7 slots) 500c -Requires Lazer Batteries-
A rifle that fires pure energy, this beast of a rifle is used to take out heavily armoured troops. It's only downside is the fact that once you shoot, you are seen.

HMG
Military HMG - (7 slots) 450c -Requires HMG Ammo-
Used by nearly all military troops, these weapons are more a show of power. They have slow rates of fire, but each shot can do a lot of damage.

Triad HMG - (7 Slots) 500c -Requires HMG Ammo-
A weapon made and used specifically for the Mercinary Triads, these weapons have a higher rate of fire than the Military HMG, but is slightly less acurate.

Mount HMG - (8 slots) 750c -Requires HMG Ammo-
This is a HMG that MUST be deployed correctly before it can be used. However, despite this, it has an extreme rate of fire and can rip apart armour easily.

Minigun - (8 Slots0 800c -Requires HMG Ammo-
Heavy HMG, but has an extreme rate of fire as well as a good AP rate. You can only walk or stand with this weapon, no running, kneeling or prone position can be allowed (due to encumberence levels and the bullet cases firing off)

Cannons and Shoulder Mounts
Light AI 'Lazer' Shoulder Mount - (2 Slots) 100c -Requires Lazer Batteries-
Ever seen Predator? This is more or less the same, but is not as effective. Only capable of targeting one person at a time, the 'Lazer' shoulder mount acts alone unless turned off.

Upgradable Mount - (2 Slots) 50c
This is a mount that can hold 2 Upgrades.

Missile Launcher - (9 Slots) 700c -Requires Any Missile Type-
A 1-Shot missile launcher, with extra giblets. Very Heavy.

5-Shot Missile Battery - (10 Slots) 1000c -Requires Any Missile Type-
You may have guessed it, you definatly need extra slots to carry anything other than this beast of a weapon. It is more or less a missile battery for troop use, but can fire 5 missiles either one at a time, a small group of missiles at a time or all five at the same time. Very useful for knocking out armour.

Heavy 'Lazer' Cannon - (9 Slots) 900c -Requires Lazer Batteries-
A very big drainer of batteries, this lazer weapon has the highest AP rating within the game. It can rip through all armours easily, but may have trouble fighting against special tanks designed to withold Lazer weapons. Very heavy, this weapon will force the carrier to only walk when the cannon is in possession.

Upgrades
These can only be used on weapons that allow a limited number of upgrades

Flashlight - 50c
Light up hallways and dark alleys with this equpt onto your weapon. This can also be used when not on another weapon

Silencer - 50c
Make loud bangs turn into small phumps with this on your gun

Scope - 60c
This is a short-range scope for enhanced range accuracy, although already equiped scopes can see a lot further.

Energy Enhancer - 100c
Yes, this upgrades adds a small energy feild around a weapon's bullets and adds to the AP rate of any shot. The amount of AP added on depends on the ammo type

Nightvision - 75c
Ever wanted to see in the dark? This new vision will be like looking at a blue world, with allies glowing as green and enemy targets glowing as red. Very useful for night operations.

EMP - 65c
This upgrade uses the same concept as the Energy Enhancer, but instead of adding to the AP rate, it adds a new EMP rate so that shots can take out electronic things, but only slowly. Very useful against small security bots and FISUs

Grenades
All grenade types can be fitted in the same inventory Slot, at a maximum of 5 per slot. All prices below are for one, single grenade

Flash - 10c
Blind your opponent suddenly when this goes off.

Fragmentation - 25c
Small but effective blast.

'Claymore' Grenade - 50c
When this grenade detonates it sends out a spray of ball bearings, ripping apart anything that gets within the blast radius

'Lazer' Grenade - 75c
Not really a grenade, this ball of electronic genious sends out a spray of Lazer energy in random directions for 5 seconds. Very random, but very effective against armour.

Ammo
For pistol, rifle, tranq and SMG magazines: you may hold 10 mags per slot
For HMGs and Lazer Batteries: You may hold 5 mags/batteries per slot
Missiles: You may only hold 2 per slot

9mm Ammo - 10c per mag (12 bullet)
Revolver Ammo - 10c per quick-loader (6 bullet)
Tranq Ammo - 5c per mag (5 darts)
Uzi Ammo - 25c per mag (50 bullets)
SMG Ammo - 25c per mag (75 bullets)
Rifle Ammo - 20c per mag (20 bullets)
HMG Ammo - 30c per mag (50 bullets)
Lazer Batteries - 15c each (drain depends on lazer weapon type)
Non-Guided Missile - 25c each
Cluster Non-Guided Missile - 35c each
Guided Missile - 45c each
Cluster Guided Missile - 55c each
Mini-Nuke Missile - 250c each

Armour
You may only carry the armour you have equiped

Lightly Armoured Leather - 100c (Light Stealth Armour)
Excellent for stealth and allow a lot of movement, however this armour style cannot withstand much

Thin Metal Armour - 150c (Light Armour)
Able to withstand a few shots, but still only light armour.

Carbon-Layer Armour - 200c (Medium Armour)
The armour from the Aliens Movie, this can withstand mulitple impacts. Movement freedom is reduced slightly

Ballistics Armour - 250c (Medium Ballistics Armour)
This is a medium armour that allows more movement with the legs, allowing you to carry larger weapons without loosing much movement

Strong Mesh Armour - 300c (Heavy Armour)
This is heavy armour that can withstand a lot of damage and impact. Movement is limited with this armour.

Heavy Weapons Armour: 400c (Very Heavy Armour)
This is the strongest armour you may carry, able to withstand even the strongest of weapons. Usually worn by heavy weaponiers as the movement is extremely limited with this armour, so a heavy weapon wouldn't make much difference.

Other Inventory
Med-Pack - 50c each (can hold 10 per Slot)
These can heal a small amount of health during missions when no medical bays or hospitals are in use

Feild Camp - 25c (can hold 3 per Slot)
These easy to set up camps are nearly the only survival in the Paia Wastelands when walking long distances. They consist of one simple pup-tent and another for equipment

Comms Transmitter - 40c (can hold 10 per Slot)
This is a transmitter that allows you to use communication devices in the Wastelands.

Bandoiler - 50c
This adds an extra 3 to your maximum slots, but can only be used to store ammo

Weaponspack - 75c
This adds an extra 5 to your maximum slots, but can only be used to store weapons or ammo

Missilepack - 100c
This adds an extra 10 to your maximum slots, but you may only store missiles in this pack (ie, this missile allows you an extra 20 missiles)

General Backpack - 150c
This adds an extra 10 to your maximum slots and can hold anything inventory types.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Last edited by AcidK; 24 Mar 2004 at 19:33.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:25   #3
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-Character sheets-
Please use the character sheet below to sign your character up:

Name:
Race:

Description:

History:
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:25   #4
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Shraan, a planet that most people would call one giant desert. The Paia Wastelands is one giant desrt, home of two races split away from each other. These are the days of tension, where a group named the Mercinary Triads sprung from the openings of polotics. They are guns for hire, used by the mafia, the police and even the military. These were not good times for the Triads, they all had to place their allegence in the end, but n these days, the Triads would die before betraying their own

You are a new Triad Recruit, equipped and ready for a first assignment. All jobs for the Triads appear on the Job Board in this format:

Job Type: Survailence
Creator: Besilon Underground
Maximum Hired Users: 1
Description: etc

Once everyone has posted a character their shall be job listings going up.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:38   #5
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Just asking beforehand... I take it the Black Guard (if you still remember them) at this time:
a) don't exist yet
or
b) haven't sided up with the Triads
or
c) are sided with noone
?
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:48   #6
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Name: Remmon
Race: Besilon
Equipment: dispursion sword -3 slots, -100c
field camp -25c

Description: A slender young Besilon male with muscles that are a lot bigger then that of the average Besilon. His long clothes give him plenty of space to hide his dispursion sword in but don't hinder his movements.

History: Born in the slightly richer areas and grown up away from most trouble, Remmon practiced a lot of athletics and thus became very fast. Since then he's been practicing with his sword to become a mercenary

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:58   #7
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Erm, Fluffie, this is 2000 years BEFORE the Black Guard were even set up by you (remember, this is 5 years before the first war on Shraan broke out, named the Millenia War for it's length).

FJ, will send your personal stats via PM shortly
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 19:15   #8
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

About the Black Guard - I already thought something like that. Just checking

Note: No EMP Upgrade price.

Fluffie (Real name: Joseph. Last name lost somewhere along the road. Character prefers Fluffie, since Joseph is these days only used in (extremely) serious situations.)
Human, Male

1x Knife (1/5 slot, 5c)
1x 9mm Pistol with Silencer (2 slots, 125 c)
2x 9mm Mag (1 slot, 20 c)

History is a bit... Unknown, so to say. Grew up in the slums of a city, or at least, that's where the Triad found him when he was about 16, 17 years of age (around 21, 22 now). Prefers staying in the background, most people in the Triad know his name and such, but know nothing special about him.
Back to the slums part though. Found there, wandering, not really being a friendly type. Took into the Triad for some reason - he seemed rather inteligent and skillfull/"recoursefull". Above that, he was able to do the stuff (writing etc.) a normal kid in the slums wouldn't be able to. So there's questions about him, but so far he seems like a trustable type...

And that's why he's about to be allowed to begin his first mission.
His training so far has mostly been about silent take downs - an open approach hasn't appealed to him yet.

I'll not spoil the character by not making too much history, so this... vague-ness will have to do for the moment.

And, question - is this going to be like "normal" Shraan (which included "heavy story"), or more action focussed?

If there's anything to note, or wrong, or elsewise worth saying... Say so.

Last edited by Fluffie; 24 Mar 2004 at 20:49.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 19:48   #9
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

2 slots for 9mm pistol, Fluffie, not 1
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 20:18   #10
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

oh, and Fluffie, yur 5c over the limit, please edit or remove something
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 20:48   #11
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fixing now.

-->

Fixed.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 22:01   #12
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

much better
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:58   #13
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

Name: Adam
Race: Terran
Equipment: Disbursion Sword - (3 Slots) 100c
An energy-based sword used to cut through light and medium armours
X2Flash - 10c
Blind your opponent suddenly when this goes off.
Fragmentation - 25c

Description:Adam is a 6'2" male with an athletic build. Trisk has jet black hair and hazel eyes.

History:Adam grew up normally with parents and such as an only child. He liked combat and when he was able he got a job with his fathers help patroling the area that he lived. During one of hs "confrences" with some street punks and sending them back from whence they came (I love saying that)someone noticed hm and offered him a job. After he had seen that he hd no hope of making a life for himself where he lived he accepted the mans offer and thus he had joined the triad's for the fact that he didn't have anything else better to do.

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:12   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

hey, i'm the sword guy !!!

Oh wait, you're a terran, never mind, stupid terrans........

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:47   #15
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

There are few good swords in existence.
I think K5's weren't around by now

Speaking of which... I ask my question again and add some!
Is this going to be action focussed, or are we getting treated with story too?
And how is the psychic-ness of people and this thread?
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 23:02   #16
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

*cries*

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 01:38   #17
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Adam - Character accepted, will send your character stats soon

Fluffie - K5's were invented by Acidk (Isarg Klancut in the stories) and he 'arrived' during the end of the Millenia War. Until he arrived there was no such thing as a psychic, or realisitically, it was something people thought as a joke or something people believed but was not necessarily true (like pscyhics and witchcraft nowheredays. Beleived, practiced, but no physical evidence of anything actually happening).

Stories and such depend on the jobs you take, more information will be added when I begin the thread (ie, more information when the jobs list comes up). Stories develop and multiply depending on the people you work for and the type of jobs you take. Private jobs will appear in your PM boxes if you have impressed a faction enough or done a certain storyline job.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 10:00   #18
flapjack
crashed computer

another important question, will it be possible to construct a personalized weapon provided you think it out good enough and have a character with the right skills to build such a weapon (or hire someone else to build it for you)

Because if so, i might have a few good ideas for weapons, i'll PM those ideas if this is possible

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:39   #19
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Great. Anxiously waiting now... Are you going to wait for more people or not?
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 20:55   #20
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

I'll post the Public Job Listings tomorrow, that will start the game off.

And FJ, no you cannot start with any other weapon than what is in the Armoury, but remember, you will not always need to return to the Triad HQ for a Merc. Job, and there are a wide variety of weapons able to collect or buy from weapon stores and black markets. Oh, and I may allow weaponsmiths to do customised weapons, but it all depends on what you want the weaponsmith to build, and even so the design may change to something different (Weaponsmiths are not always accurate).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 23:00   #21
flapjack
crashed computer

that in fact makes the answer to my question a yes, because it is possible to get customised weapons.

I never said anything about starting with 1, i know that'd be kinda hard seeing as how it takes time to build 1.

anyways, i'll go and PM the things i had mind to you so you can have a look at them

Unread 28 Mar 2004, 01:51   #22
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

A little info before the job lists are posted:

Jobs are catorgorised for the different factions that are hiring the Mercinery Triads.
Jobs you take determine the storyline of the entire SMT game
Jobs are different depending on the location that you start at (ie, taking jobs from the HQ will be different from jobs available in outposts, Mafia Contacts and Military outposts)

also, the Job Types show what you would have to do for the actual mission:

Surveilance: Check out, scout out and report about a certain location
Covert Surveilance: Same as surveilance, but if you are seen then it is all over
Baseguard: Protect a location
Bodyguard: Protect a person from harm
Spy: Watch over and report about a certain person. Stealth or disguise is crucial.
Assault: Destroying a base or a crucial vehicle
Sabotage: Same as Assault, but if you are seen then it is all over.
Assassination: yup, you guessed it, kill someone
Snipe: Same as assassination, but if you are seen then it is all over

Just because the job type tells the ending conditions, more or less, you will still have to find targets (in some instances) and this requires asking around. You may also take on moer jobs this way, but you may only have one main job (ie, the one you first take on and PM'ed storyline missions).

---Job Listings---

-Besilon Imperium-
Job Type: Covert Surveilance
Maximum Hirable Users: 1
Description: There has been some unrest since news of the Saxolites' strikes on power plants and industrial centres. We are uncertain if it is the Saxolites or if it is some terrorist faction trying to cause havok within the so-called peace. We need a single mercinary to find and report about a hidden terrorist hideout within the Slums and report about it's location to the nearest Besilon Outpost. However, we do not want the terrorists to know you are there, otherwise we may have even more attacks on our hands. We do no know of it's location, but the people of the Slums may know of unfreindly types within the Slums
Reward: 500c

Job Type: Spy
Maximum Hirable Users: 2
Description: As you may know there have been rumours that the recent attacks on power plants within the area were the work of the Saxolites. We have reason to beleive that a Saxolite fanatic is within the Slums, a Mr. Hantori. This man is known in the Saxolite Military as an over-enthusiastic sergeant that is trained with bomb defusal and weaponsmithing. We do not know if this man is guilty, so we need a couple of people to find this guy and watch over him, collect more information about this man and report your findings to the nearest Besilon Outpost.
Reward: 600c

-Saxolite Democracy-
Job Type: Baseguard
Max Hirable Users: Unlimited
Description: Geklon City has become a roit-zone for the past few weeks and most of our Outposts have been under seige by civilian unrest. We need a group of Mercinaries to help protect the Southern Outpost from these seiges, as news of armed civilians have arrised. The order is not to kill, but to wound civilians that fire upon our troops so we can... question them later on.
Reward: 800c

-Mafia-
Job Type: Assassination
Max Hirable Users: 1
Description: The Mafia have always had connections and a mutual friendship with the Besilon Imperium. However, Captain Guani has been an insult to this bond of trust when he ordered a squad to burn down one of our own Outposts. The squad defied Captain Guani and have turned into new Mafia members for protection. We want him removed from the picture, however we risk too much doing it ourselves, so we ask for one, and one only, Mercinary to rid our this Captain Guani.
Reward: 800c and 1 Mafia Favour

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose your path, choose your jobs, choose your destiny...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 02:28   #23
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Mafia Mission for me, please.

Need I move to "a mafia hide-out" to receive more details on the job, or will I get them.. "just like that"?
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 13:42   #24
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Your target is a Besilon Captain, so you need to decide where to be dropped off by the Triad Transport (which you can only use to get to and from the HQ). In this case, you'd need to find a Besilon Outpost and ask around about the Captain.

At this point it's just a 'choose your story-mission' stage, the rest will be explained once everyone's chosen their mission.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.

Last edited by AcidK; 28 Mar 2004 at 22:32.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 12:52   #25
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I take it this (the below) is possible.

---

Fluffie after accepting the mission, first went to the Triad's tailor, requesting and hopefully easily getting a set of normal civilian clothes, that wouldn't stand out anywhere - or something the closest to that. He puts them on and conceals his weapons as good as he can, before making his way to the Transport, asking to be dropped off a small walking distance, but out of sight, from a Besilon Outpost. Preferably the one they believe his target is stationed.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:04   #26
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Only the tailor bit for the moment Fluffie, when FJ and adam have chosen their mission there will be a breif about transportation, costs of transports (first drop = free) and getting jobs during the main mission.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 14:22   #27
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Ah.

Can I RP me some tailoring if I feel like it then? Assume/hope so. RPing in Shraan...

God. When I first joined these boards Shraan was one of the first threads I think... I used to post everything story related in Shraan in italics. Silly me
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 20:31   #28
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

I think it was because I posted descriptions of areas in italics, was hoping to do the same here too
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 22:23   #29
flapjack
crashed computer

i'll go for the very first mission, the besilon covert surveillance

Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:19   #30
Aglarzir

Aglarzir is an unknown quantity at this point

Character:
Name: Carrick Aglarzir
Race: Terran
Credits: 15
Slots Used/Free: 3.3/6.7

Description: White skin 5' 7" with an average build Brown hair, Brown eyes, well defined muscle structure. Years of training in martial arts has left this "Short arse" looking like he can take a hit square in the chest with a sledge hammer. Clothes are always simple and effective.

History: Never finding a foothold for his emotions, Carrick became a loner and shunned his parents and the society he so dispised living not for the matierial he searches for another reason to live. He is cold, controlled and he seeks for somthing he will probably never find. Whilst he searches he continues to do what he does best; killing.

Equipment:
Weapons:
Revolver (2)
2 x Daggers (1)
Ammo:
3 x Revolver Quick Loaders (0.3)

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.

Last edited by Aglarzir; 30 Mar 2004 at 23:28.
Aglarzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:22   #31
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Aglarzir: Character good, however credit remnants are 15c, not 25c. Apart from that, welcome to Shraan Mercinary Triads (A shoot-off from my previous 2-year Shraan RPGs). Choose your mission and you are away. Your stats will arrive via PM shortly.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:32   #32
Aglarzir

Base Defense or Spying... I'll keep it simple and go with base defense

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 01:41   #33
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

right, wait for at least one other person to choose a mission and we shall start this thread fully
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 21:13   #34
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Character Name: Ceaser
Race: Saxolite
Credits: 25
Slots Used/Free: 2.4/7.6

Description: A gruff looking Saxoliteof around 5'10", Ceaser is most comfortable in the shadows. He wears rough brown overalls that cover most of his body and disguise his third arm. Thourough military training imposed on him from early childhood by his father has left him with the strength of many Saxolites, and stamina to match.

History: From early childhood it was realised by his family that he had talents that other children his age didn't. Through careful training his talent was nurtured into maturity... by the time he was 20, Ceaser was able to coordinate his three arms and take on a person twice his size, if need be. After leaving home, Ceaser joined a military training programand enlisted in the heavy weapons training. Ceasers aim was to be able to take on anything he should come against with brute force. After passing the course with honours he left the military and disappered into the underground world that inhabited his home city, no-one has seen him since...

Equipment:

Broadsword - (2 Slots) 75c
A heavy sword used mostly to make a damaging impact

Fragmentation - 25c *2
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 23:17   #35
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

ASME: Character accepted, stats will be placed in your PM soon. Please choose a mission from the Jobs List stated above (minus the Mafia job, which has exceeeded the max user limit).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 07:17   #36
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASME
Description: A gruff looking Saxoliteof around 5'10", Ceaser is most comfortable in the shadows. He wears rough brown overalls that cover most of his body and disguise his third arm. Thourough military training imposed on him from early childhood by his father has left him with the strength of many Saxolites, and stamina to match.

History: From early childhood it was realised by his family that he had talents that other children his age didn't. Through careful training his talent was nurtured into maturity... by the time he was 20, Ceaser was able to coordinate his three arms and take on a person twice his size, if need be. After leaving home, Ceaser joined a military training programand enlisted in the heavy weapons training. Ceasers aim was to be able to take on anything he should come against with brute force. After passing the course with honours he left the military and disappered into the underground world that inhabited his home city, no-one has seen him since...
Just curious... Where exactly is that third arm located?
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 16:04   #37
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

hmmm, good question.... the third arm is located below the left arm and has the same manouverability as the other two arms....

Last edited by ASME; 2 Apr 2004 at 16:43.
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 16:13   #38
ASME
DarkStar

Hows this for my charecters starting point...

----------------------------

After asking around Ceaser found a job that he knew his talents would be appreciated in... the job was to gaurd a base from rioters, "Just my luck," thought Ceaser as he tore down the advertisment " going back to that outpost was the last thing i tought i would do...." As Ceaser walked around the streets he looked closer at the job discription:

-Saxolite Democracy-
Job Type: Baseguard
Max Hirable Users: Unlimited
Description: Geklon City has become a roit-zone for the past few weeks and most of our Outposts have been under seige by civilian unrest. We need a group of Mercinaries to help protect the Southern Outpost from these seiges, as news of armed civilians have arrised. The order is not to kill, but to wound civilians that fire upon our troops so we can... question them later on.
Reward: 800c

"Hmm," Ceaser thought, "No wonder everyones jumpy roundhere, they all think that a riot is just around the corner..." Ceaser smirked. "This is going to be fun..." Ceaser murmered and turned and continued walking down the street.....
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 22:51   #39
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Not good ASME, you start off at the Merc. Triad HQ, not the streets of Geklon.

---------------------------------Starting Post--------------------------------------
A few descriptions to begin with...

Paia Wastelands
The Paia Wastelands was a huge desert, spanning most of the planet Shraan and is known to have frequent sand-storms, extreme sunny days and the occasional rain (once every 2 years on an exact time). The desert held many commodeties, such as precious ores, minerals, peterochemicals and gemstones used in many advanced technologies (Lazer, Anti-Grav, etc). The only two source of water within this massive desert comes from the Great Ocean (situated 2000 miles south-east of Besilon City, 1750 miles south west of Geklon City) and large moisterising colonies designed to pump water from deep resevoirs, using half to create food and the rest to sell onto the cities. Their are two cities and numerous outposts that scatter the Paia: Geklon city, Besilon City, Triad HQ, Besilon Front-Line Outpost and the Geklon Military Academy.

Triad HQ
The Original Mercinary Triad HQ was situated directly between the two great cities: Geklon and Besilon. A huge monument that sat within a large rock, towering over the Paia Wastelands. The base itself has it's own moister pumps, just like the two cities, and it's own automatic farming nexus to feed the mercinaries that sit within. The base itself had mulitple landing platforms, tank bays and living quarters.

--------All Mercinaries Start At Triad HQ---------

You now all stand in the Job Listongs area, some of you may already have decided on your jobs, many have not.

-=Fluffie=-
Your communications device that you have been given buzzes a little before a voice appears. It sounded calm and yet somewhat excited.

Voice: -Fluffie, we are gateful that you have chosen your desired assignment. We have a shuttle awaiting to take you to any outpost of your choice. Be warned, Besilon Outposts are on the look out for suspicious people and will turn away anyone not with a verified ID.-

-=Algazar and ASME=-
Your communications device beeps at the same time with the same message:

Voice: -Mercinaries, we are deeply intrigued about you defending against rioteers within Geklon City. A shuttle is awaiting your departure for the Outpost in question.-

-----------Travelling--------------

Unless you have a definate, direct route to a certain Outpost (ie, the Saxolite Mission) then you may travel anywhere of your choice. However travelling costs money, prices raise and lower depending on distance, danger, etc. You may travel to and from Outposts ONLY when using Triad Shuttles, if you have hired an independant transport (ie, someone that will transport you) you can go anywhere in the Paia and anywhere in the City Transport System (landing pads, merchant bays, balconies near transport system, etc).

The first transportation from Triad HQ is free

----------Extra Jobs------------

During a main mission or after a main mission you may want to find more work. Each individual Outpost has missions for Triads that have won their favour. You can also do jobs not buy the main factions, many small organisatins and groups need a mercinary at times and will pay dearly at times of need.

Remember, any and every job you take determines the route of the storyline of Shraan Mercinary Triads.

--------Main Storyline--------

5 years before the Millenia War, the Saxolites and the Besilons were cautious about one another, but no-one knows why. It all started when tactical points of Besilon City were suddenly destroyed, power plants, outposts and even industrial centres were targeted. the people of Besilon automatically pointed towards the Saxolites, whom denied all responsibility for the strikes. Riots began to break in both cities and suddenly the Mercinary Triads boomed in business. War may break soon and the Mercinaries will gain the profits, but soon a choice may have to be made, this choice is your choice....
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Apr 2004, 23:55   #40
ASME
DarkStar

ok lets re-write my startpoint then.....

--------------

Ceaser was standing in the crowded jobs room waitig for the call that he knew would come... eventually... When it came Ceaser listened to the message and took note of the voice and background noise... it sounded as if there were two people that this message was directed towards, so he guessed that there was another amoung the crowd around him that he would be working with.

Voice: -Mercinaries, we are deeply intrigued about you defending against rioteers within Geklon City. A shuttle is awaiting your departure for the Outpost in question.-

The message endded and the communicater was silent.

"Well," thought Ceaser "I had better get on the shuttle..." With that Ceaser walked off towards the landing bays and the shuttle. Out of the corner off his eye he noticed a terren also heading towards the landing bays. Ceaser wondered....and grinned.... "This may just be some fun after all" waws his last thought as he left the room....

Last edited by ASME; 2 Apr 2004 at 23:58. Reason: Spelling
Unread 3 Apr 2004, 03:13   #41
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Description: As you may know there have been rumours that the recent attacks on power plants within the area were the work of the Saxolites. We have reason to beleive that a Saxolite fanatic is within the Slums, a Mr. Hantori. This man is known in the Saxolite Military as an over-enthusiastic sergeant that is trained with bomb defusal and weaponsmithing. We do not know if this man is guilty, so we need a couple of people to find this guy and watch over him, collect more information about this man and report your findings to the nearest Besilon Outpost.

Unread 3 Apr 2004, 11:18   #42
Aglarzir

*Pays little attension to the small beeping device and slowly begins to stand taking it from the table to study it briefly and then pockets it.*

"Deeply intrigued... money is money" he mutters slowly to himself

*Checking his Daggers and Revolver stands up and mutters something about do you feel lucky punk... well do ya (( )). Holstering the firearm, sheafing his daggers and stretching. Slowly he makes his way to the transport keeping his head up and his eyesight on one level avoiding the glances and stares from others. Upon reaching the transport he boards and takes a seat and waits*

Unread 3 Apr 2004, 13:15   #43
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Guessing that replying the device wouldn't do him much good, since the voice most likely wouldn't reply, Fluffie just doesn't speak back and silently makes his way from his quarters to the transport bay where his transport would be waiting. The clothes he had requested and received earlier from the tailor fit well and would make him blend in with almost any crowd, just what Fluffie wanted.

As he neared the transport, he still had no idea on his exact course of action - getting access to the Besilon Outpost would be his first goal to accomplish, but on how to do THAT he had no idea yet. Oh well, oppertunities would arise. Or at least, that was the gameplan.

He boarded the Triad Transport a few moments later, the pilot requesting his drop-off location...

"I don't know. Close to where the last sighting of Captain Guani was, but not close enough for them to notice my arrival. I won't mind a little walk."
Unread 4 Apr 2004, 20:09   #44
ASME
DarkStar

*Ceaser waits in the shadows by the transport he was supposed to board... He wanted to see if the terran was the person on the other recieving end of the transmission he had recieved... Ceaser didn't have to wait long for the terran to aproach and board the transport... As the terran passed, Ceaser noted several things... the terran had simple clothes, made him look like a civilian almost... but he also had a good muscle structue, showing he could probably handle himself in a battle...

*After waiting a comfortable amount of time to pass, Ceaser slowly strode over to the transport and boarded taking a seat opposite the terran... the transport doors close and look in place... and the transport imediatlly takes them away...

"So," says Ceaser... "your the one i will be working with, huh?" Ceaser grins and proceeds to study the so far silent terran....
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 16:46   #45
Aglarzir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASME
"So," says Ceaser... "your the one i will be working with, huh?" Ceaser grins and proceeds to study the so far silent terran....
*Slowly Carrick looks up and into the face of the so far friendly Saxolite, returns the glance before speaking "Yes..." Returns to stareing out the window. Wondering how long the Saxolite hoped to keep his third arm concealed. "Why hide it anyone smart enough to recognise your body shape, can easily see it through your clothes and the way you sit."

Unread 6 Apr 2004, 17:45   #46
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Am I too late to join in...?

Name: Drake Fishbone
Race: Besilon
Equipment:
Dagger 1 10c
Tranq. Pistol 2 slots 85c
Tranq. Ammo 1 15c (for 15 tranqs)
Comms Transmitter 1 40c
5 150c

Description: Drake is an excellent marksman, but lacks in hand-to-hand combat skills. He chooses to get out of situations by talking, which he is exceptionally gifted at. It is possible he is capable of controlling people's minds to do what he wants, but this is no conscious thing. It is mostly put down to his good looks and ability to get on with anyone.

History: Drake never knew his father, as he could have been one of many. His mother was a "Lady of the Night", and as such, Drake had to grow up very quickly, learning the harsh ways of the world. He spent a lot of time with his mother's friends, and by the age of 18 was well known for his charm and good looks. At the age of 19 his mother was ripped from him in a gang shootout. The boy, without family, and evicted from his home by his mother's pimp, did the thing he was best at - charm a woman into letting him stay with her. It eventually transpired this woman was an ex-military sniper, and had a huge fortune behind her from services to various shady characters. After Drake thought he had used up all the twinkles in his eye, and all his good looks, in trying to persuade his new foster mother to teach him some "tricks", she eventually gave in and let him use her target range. She was a fierce and aggressive teacher, and Drake learned quickly. By the age of 25, he was joining her on jobs and putting a bit of cash away himself. On one foggy night however, there was a mixup in instructions, and they ended up in the middle of gangland, with their transport out blown up. Drake made it out, but unfortunately his protector did not. He still has not avenged this woman's death, but has sworn to find out made this purposeful mixup, and punish them.

//ooc I don't know what this Millenia thing is, so sorry if my character doesn't fit with "the times" or whatever. Feel free to correct me
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 18:39   #47
ASME
DarkStar

*Ceaser suddenly took note of the terran opposite him... He must have been a very keen to notice that he was concealing a third arm...

*Ceaser grined sheepishly....

"Not many people are inteligant enough, these days, to actually realise the sort of mutation I have... they just think its our shape..." replied Ceaser...
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:25   #48
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Fishbone Character accepted, but you used 140c, not 150c. Choose a mission (except the mafia mission which has already exceeded the player limit)

Oh, and the Millenia War has not happened yet, but in the Shraanian History (for those that have read or played my Shraan RPGs and Short Stories) the Millenia War was a huge war lasting nearly 2000 years between the Besilons and the Saxolites for reasons that both sides blamed on each other. the idea of this RPG is to make a whole new concept of what triggered the war to begin with.

DM posts will come 2moro (trying to finish area descriptions of the Outpost dropoffs, plus breif info on the current surroundings that are available)
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:02   #49
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

It adds up to 150 actually (10+85+15+40 = 150)

I'll take the spy mission, I don't think that baseguard is really suited to my character with his little tranquiliser pistol.

Drake sauntered into the Job Listings area, oblivious to the fact most people were leaving by the time he had got there. He raised his eyebrow and keyed in his code, to find out which job he had been assigned. Cash was short, so he'd accept pretty much anything right now, as long as it didn't require any kind of brute force. He didn't want to get his new shirt dirty!

While it was loading up, Drake took the time to have a look around. He glanced at a couple of people and grinned at them, but noone seemed to have the time to stop and chat. The computer gave a "blinka blinka" noise, and Drake's eyes scrolled slowly down to the screen to find out what was in store for him...
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:47   #50
Aglarzir

*Nods to the Saxolite in recognition*

"You have a name?"