User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 May 2004, 15:18   #51
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So much for the original PA ethics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
but if the stats will not be published, then there are definatly grounds for complaint.
What? They will be published. Not until they're finalised though.

It isn't difficult to understand.
Unread 15 May 2004, 15:22   #52
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

why do i even waste time reading all this crap
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:07   #53
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
why do i even waste time reading all this crap

Because you're a loser with no life? :\

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 19:29   #54
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dood, we are all sad losers with no life

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:03   #55
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What? They will be published. Not until they're finalised though.

It isn't difficult to understand.
I'm sure it is, I seem to have problems with caring enough to look it up though. Speaking of understanding though, I had kind of hoped that people would understand that by adressing both possible options of the matter, we would not have to endure comments sprung from feeblemindedness such as above.

Oh well.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:12   #56
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
I'm sure it is, I seem to have problems with caring enough to look it up though. Speaking of understanding though, I had kind of hoped that people would understand that by adressing both possible options of the matter, we would not have to endure comments sprung from feeblemindedness such as above.

Oh well.
In answer to your claims against Sid, you're wrong. Sid is helping in stats because he doesnt want a fked up round. If he has a personal agenda for that, then it has nothing to do with 1up. Stats have not been posted/given out to any 1up members - nor has Sid asked for 1up members to be part of the testing team. When Spinner asked for more testers it was not Sid that got people but me.

Farming you know very well was done by nearly every top player in the game up till it was made cheating. And your 'backstabbing' allies thing is hilarious. It's such a notion that leads to blocking today. We could argue till we are blue in the face about Fury political agreements and how they were broken, but Fury always made sure people were aware of where they stood in our agreements.

All in all Sid has kept information to himself and has told members only what he has said on the boards here. There is no big secret, especially since the stats are being tested. It's not like this is the first time a member of an alliance command has helped in testing stats (re Petru).

Petru never 'leaked' info, neither has Sid.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:26   #57
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Why Sid? Did he play PaX before? I never heared any great performances of Sid in PaX. For all I know he's just a noob at this who thinks he can play PaX because he played PA years ago.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:30   #58
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
Why Sid? Did he play PaX before? I never heared any great performances of Sid in PaX. For all I know he's just a noob at this who thinks he can play PaX because he played PA years ago.
Because with ship statistics Sid is extremely good. He may not have been a command member for quite a few rounds, but he is fully aware of PAX and its nuances.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:39   #59
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
it may hav sumthing to do with PA wanting to re-define itself.

PAX has pretty much been a let down for a lot of ppl who want to go back to 'old style PA' so it wud seem Sid is the perfect person to be involved and help with this because of his experience.

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 02:04   #60
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I've played every round of Planetarion/PaX except round 7. Your comments are a source of hilarity to those more informed.
Unread 16 May 2004, 02:16   #61
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
this just made me laugh.... at gerbie..
Unread 16 May 2004, 02:28   #62
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As he said above, he has played.

I'm actually very impressed with Sid's attitude to the game. He's pretty much the biggest "PA celeb" (as sad as that may be :P ), yet he hasn't used this to do well, or to do things. He's used fake nicks and laid low, as he doesn't want to be in the limelight.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm sucking up, but it's my opinion. I know if I was as respected as him in PA, I doubt I'd be so reserved and quiet. Not many others are either (consider other "celebs").

Jeez, this post is so slimey and kiss-ass. Oh well, I'll click "Submit Reply" anyway :/
Unread 16 May 2004, 03:28   #63
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Its partly that lay-low attitude thats allowed the celebrity status to persist.

That and founding/running the most successful dynasty in the game.
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:29   #64
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
In answer to your claims against Sid, you're wrong. Sid is helping in stats because he doesnt want a fked up round. If he has a personal agenda for that, then it has nothing to do with 1up. Stats have not been posted/given out to any 1up members - nor has Sid asked for 1up members to be part of the testing team. When Spinner asked for more testers it was not Sid that got people but me.

Farming you know very well was done by nearly every top player in the game up till it was made cheating. And your 'backstabbing' allies thing is hilarious. It's such a notion that leads to blocking today. We could argue till we are blue in the face about Fury political agreements and how they were broken, but Fury always made sure people were aware of where they stood in our agreements.

All in all Sid has kept information to himself and has told members only what he has said on the boards here. There is no big secret, especially since the stats are being tested. It's not like this is the first time a member of an alliance command has helped in testing stats (re Petru).

Petru never 'leaked' info, neither has Sid.
Look, it doesn't matter that everyone supposedly farmed or that you didnt' backstab but you simply ended the agreement, what matters is that it consequently shows that he will use ANY means possible to win. Therefore, he should not be entrusted with information that could help him or his alliance. In case of the stats, it hardly matters since everyone will have time enough to study them, I'm simply speaking generally here. If you want to deny that sid has always taken every step necessary to win the game, regardless of ethics and rules then I suppose we're done discussing this, because at that stage we have passed reasonable discussion and wandered into the realm of make believe and story telling.

And I'm not speaking about the stats here, because they will change a load anyway and everyone will have enough time to prepair themselves anyway. If he doesn' have access to any other information, then thats great. If he does then anyone playing against sid should be worried this round. Same with this proposal thing, do you honestly expect anyone to believe that if uncool posers were to start loosing this round they would not strike a deal with someone to turn the tide? Sid will break his word in a heartbeat if it will help him win the round, and then you'll have the fury I mean utter punchbags flaming squad coming here saying that it's not blocking but an alliance and its only temporary and 'technically' its not the same and some other shit.

I mean, after all those rounds, why should anyone take sid for his word?
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:38   #65
Cayl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally
If you want to deny that sid has always taken every step necessary to win the game, regardless of ethics and rules then I suppose we're done discussing this, because at that stage we have passed reasonable discussion and wandered into the realm of make believe and story telling.
I will flat out deny this. Does that mean you'll stop posting your drivel?

Anyway, I will proudly say that Sid takes every step necessary to win the game. He may not have had much regard for ethics per se in that he was willing to use tactics that some would consider low or underhanded. But those tactics always conformed with the rules of the game. Sid has never had even a serious charge of cheating leveled against him, much less any kind of PA-Team sanction. I defy you to present any kind of reasonable evidence to the contrary.

And even if as you later say, everything is true and Sid is fooling everyone and ha ha ha we're going to block up and kill0r you all in your sleep. What ever in god's name does that have to do with him helping Spinner nail down stats?

By this point I feel somewhat grimy just for gracing your post with a reply, but as I've gone through the effort....
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:40   #66
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
actually i thin your all jumping o th wrong conclusions.

Clearly sid does have information at hand that no other alliance does. I made the same comment when Petru did the stas and I still think it gives the one alliance of that hc a has stats and information about the round tahta ll a re not privvy to a planning advantage.
oh how could we all forget the domination that RaH had during petru's time working on stats was it 3 or 4 rds they won single-handed

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:58   #67
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Where is my "Stab people in the face across the internet" button?
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:17   #68
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
I will flat out deny this. Does that mean you'll stop posting your drivel?

Anyway, I will proudly say that Sid takes every step necessary to win the game. He may not have had much regard for ethics per se in that he was willing to use tactics that some would consider low or underhanded. But those tactics always conformed with the rules of the game. Sid has never had even a serious charge of cheating leveled against him, much less any kind of PA-Team sanction. I defy you to present any kind of reasonable evidence to the contrary.

And even if as you later say, everything is true and Sid is fooling everyone and ha ha ha we're going to block up and kill0r you all in your sleep. What ever in god's name does that have to do with him helping Spinner nail down stats?

By this point I feel somewhat grimy just for gracing your post with a reply, but as I've gone through the effort....
I suppose you missed the whole part where sid was caught red handed organizing account swapping in round 3. Well, he was never cought by the PA Team, but patrician posted a mail from the fury group thingy a while ago, nearly giving germ an aneurysm trying to bullshit his way out of that one.

And, if you had actually payed attention to what I had said, you would see that I do not object at all to sid helping out with the stats. I am simply argueing a general point, which is that he should not be intrusted with information which could help him and his alliance to win the game.

Edit: which means I do not deem helping out with / creating the stats as giving your alliance an advantage.

Last edited by Finally; 16 May 2004 at 20:31.
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:23   #69
Finally

Quote:
I defy you to present any kind of reasonable evidence to the contrary.
http://www.caeneus.org/planetarion/T...6/FuryAS1.html
Quote:
Cryptic and Fury's organised account swapping

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Patrician
Fury Organised Account Sharing:

So just to get it crystal clear - You deny a mail was sent out on Furys egroup at the start of round 3 suggesting members unhappy with their planet positions could speak to Sid/Justin (forget who offhand) to be allocated a new one in a friendly cluster?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Posted by Cryptic in response:
i deny that mail -

a) .... if we were into that sort of thing , i would have been in a friendly cluster and not c66

b) are you expecting the PA public to beleive the Synthetic Sid is so stupid to sens out a global mail to ALL fury including inactives , possibly spies mentioning offically breaking the rules - even if Sid wasn't as honest a player as he is - i certainly couldnlt imagine him telling the world about it.

I raised the issue of Fury using organised account sharing/swapping in round 3 to back up my accusation that Cryptic has in the past login / account shared - mainly in galaxy. Cryptic denied both, he then proceeded to adamantly state that Fury had never broken the game rules - The thread can be found here.

This wasn't a particularly smart move on Cryptics part due to the scale of the round 3 operation, and the fact several people who were Fury at the time knew about it - examples include Nodrog and Mista (both of whom have confirmed it happened)

Luckily for me, Lokken has kept the round 3 Fury egroup mails (which were piped straight to Tuba HC) - So the proof Cryptic asked for follows:

Code:
----- Original Message -----
To: TNG Hc <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 10:33 PM
Subject: Tuba HC: FW: [furyalliance] If you need to move

> OK pple .. this is a direct copy of a message sent, from Sid to the Furby
> e-group.
> I DO NOT WANT THIS BANDIED AROUND PLEASE ...
>
> Basically, this proves they are going to cheat .. do with it as you will
> but PLEASE NO PUBLISHING ANYWHERE
>
> Titch
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Synthetic Sid [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: 09 November 2000 04:00
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [furyalliance] If you need to move
>
> If you're stuck in a rubbish galaxy/cluster, then speak to JustinT2
> on irc - he's organising an attempt to get those of you who have crap
> positions into a decent strength Fury cluster.
>
> Synthetic Sid
>
>
> -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor -------------------------~-~>
> eLerts
> It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free!
> http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/_/_/973742424/
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email protected]
This raises the question - Is Cryptic a pathological liar, or does he have no idea what went on in the alliance he was/is an Executive of?

This was 3 rounds ago, Fury command hasn't changed - Hence I find Cryptic constantly raving about XETA cheating alarmingly hypocritical, and laughable.

No doubt you will claim the mail is fake, I suggest you check all the email info and confirm the addresses match - And if it is fake, Sid is welcome to post here that he never sent the above mail.

So the question I put to Cryptic is - Why did you dig your hole deeper and deeper, instead of simply admitting Fury broke the rules?

TBH if you lied about this, it adds further weight to me believing you are an account sharer etc (Of which I have no concrete evidence atm) And basically throws anything you say about Fury / your own conduct in doubt.

This is being asked publically due to the interest expressed by other parties, and the fact this issue has been raised in other threads as being unproven etc.

NB: The above mail was sent in round 3, I am not making any claims about Fury adherence to the game rules since that time. Nor is this an attack on anyone in Fury below the command level etc
Good enough for ya?
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:36   #70
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

lol

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:39   #71
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

But your alliance was allied to LDK!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:40   #72
Cayl

Alright, I will concede that it is a serious accusation, without conceding that its true. Even if it were, thats now 8 rounds old.

In my long experience wth Sid, he has been scrupulous about obeying the rules, whether due to his personal code or because being at the top means you're going to be under a lot of scrutiny and you have so much to lose.
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:46   #73
Finally

Quote:
Alright, I will concede that it is a serious accusation, without conceding that its true. Even if it were, thats now 8 rounds old.

In my long experience wth Sid, he has been scrupulous about obeying the rules, whether due to his personal code or because being at the top means you're going to be under a lot of scrutiny and you have so much to lose.
It doesn't matter how old it is, it shows that sid will do anything to win, regardless of rules. He organized account swapping, which funnily enough would make fury second after LDK in terms of alliance organized cheating.

Seriously though, you have only a man's record to go off, and sid's record includes cheating, betraying allies, farming, etc, just about every conceived way to further onesself in planetarion. I'm not saying that just because he cheated 8 rounds ago, he will do that today. I'm only saying that he will do what it takes to win, which you agree too. So, by all means giving him access to priviledged information is something you should simply not do.
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:47   #74
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
But your alliance was allied to LDK!
*takes bait*

*insert paragraph detailing a lot of stuff and several snide remarks towards jester*

*finish with derogatorive sentence*
Unread 16 May 2004, 21:00   #75
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Seriously though, you have only a man's record to go off, and sid's record includes cheating, betraying allies, farming, etc, just about every conceived way to further onesself in planetarion. I'm not saying that just because he cheated 8 rounds ago, he will do that today. I'm only saying that he will do what it takes to win, which you agree too. So, by all means giving him access to priviledged information is something you should simply not do.

The same as nearly any alliance HC in this game then. I debate the entire Fury organized cheating thing also, as I was in a shit cluster and never got offered a new one. You're wrong also. Section, LDK, FAnG have all had much more high profile cases. Even Legion with farming.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 May 2004, 21:01   #76
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
*takes bait*

*insert paragraph detailing a lot of stuff and several snide remarks towards jester*

*finish with derogatorive sentence*
Actually my point was that throwing around accusations about cheating in rounds far gone is pretty pointless.
Unread 16 May 2004, 21:42   #77
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

It's pretty well corroborated within the thread, plus our source in r3 was reliable. Then again, r3 was an age ago and you could more or less get away with these things as you could never hunt down the specific planets unless you were party to it. I cba going through the ins and outs of it again, Patrician et al have done that in the linked thread. Once I read that comment of yours I thought it was pretty much certain someone would link to that thread if they had a good enough memory.

I consider it to be water very much under the bridge, gone out to sea, caught by the gulf stream forming a nice tidy iceberg off Greenland. If people want to deem it relevant, it's up to them - I cba with that, the argument is pretty much settled in the relevant thread.
Unread 16 May 2004, 22:46   #78
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
You now exactly what he's saying.
Surely it gives 1up an advantage in planning for next round because they have inside information is the point.
Whether it's true or not is another story as is whether it's right or wrong. I guess that's the point of the thread.
yeah, i totally agree with stew there. the point, however, is not that 1up would gain a real advantage from getting in touch with the ship stats first, even designing them, but that it is pretty much ethically wrong. there should only be two kinds of people, admins and players. first ones design the game, second ones play it. period.

if alliance HCs start getting ingame (or any other kind) privileges, i need someone to tell me where i can buy one of those posts.

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:19   #79
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

i was given the link to these boards via icq a bit ago from a close friend that hinted around at maybe myself making a return to this game...... ofc i will not be making a return.

then i see this thread and i have to laugh, its the same ole thing going on, the mudslinging and trolling lol. the round isnt even started yet and people are ALREADY whining.

grow up, fight the good fight, do what you have to do to be on the winning side. thats ALL you have to do and well if you make the wrong decision and pick the wrong side, suck it up and take the beating like a man.

respect goes to AE,BT and all the non-triadRd3, Fury Rd4, NoCeX in Rd5, legion/fury in Rd6, Newx in Rd7 for taking their respective losses on the chin, and never giving up.

also i wish Sid, Cayl, Hicks and the others that are returning to PA the very best of luck in continuing to play this game.

If anyone is playing SWG, you will find the Legion on the Eclipse server, thats where i hang out these days.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 04:53   #80
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Happy memories

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 11:13   #81
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

With all due respects Sid is shrewd and to my mind has done many things to ensure his alliance had te "best" posiion. Thats not to say that Sid would intentionally flaw the game in the favour of 1up, Its that you can be sure that all informaion he has he has used to ensure his alliances round is the best it can possibly be. I don't think thats bad- i would be doing the same, but to ensure absolute parity all alliances should be privvy to the same information for planning and for tactical purposes.

And zhi - you constantly say that 1up members and command haven't received information - but from past experience Sid is very shrewd, most of the information he knows and his ability to exploit advantage from it is definitely in my mind an "advantage" for 1up - whether discussed with anyone or not.

I aint throwing stones or casing dispersions - but all alliances (not just the few priviledge to participate in beta or privvy to extraneous knowledge due to helping design) should be allowed access to the same information and same chances of planning. We all pay our money - whether its important or not let them all have the same chance to prepare.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 17 May 2004 at 11:43.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 11:33   #82
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
The same as nearly any alliance HC in this game then. I debate the entire Fury organized cheating thing also, as I was in a shit cluster and never got offered a new one. You're wrong also. Section, LDK, FAnG have all had much more high profile cases. Even Legion with farming.
It doesn't matter who else did stuff worse. What matters is that sid's record is against him. Every single action he has commited in planetarion radiates a desire to win. Therefore, how could one trust him with priviledged information regarding this round and taking nothing but his word as enough ensurance.

Also, LDK was the #1 cheating alliance, fang had a lot of high profile cases, but none of those were directed by the alliance itself, but simply by a few high profile players. So that would put fury in #2 position in alliance directed cheating.
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:37   #83
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It doesn't matter who else did stuff worse. What matters is that sid's record is against him. Every single action he has commited in planetarion radiates a desire to win. Therefore, how could one trust him with priviledged information regarding this round and taking nothing but his word as enough ensurance.

Also, LDK was the #1 cheating alliance, fang had a lot of high profile cases, but none of those were directed by the alliance itself, but simply by a few high profile players. So that would put fury in #2 position in alliance directed cheating.
As a conclusion this means no player is allowed to help in the development of a game, cause they all play to game to win ? Or will you now start to feed us some stores about playing for other ppls amusement ?
P.S. you were multihunter while beeing prior involved in a notorious farming incident in r7 which leaded to the closure of Fred. Hypocrite ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:04   #84
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

Actually the scary part isnt that Sid was involved but Spinner. I thought that moron was sacked for incompetence a long time ago.

Sure let Sid do what he likes as it doesnt really matter when you have a chimp driving the admin team anyway.......

OFC this round will be better and the stats are great and beta has shown that no bugs exist and that what you see on the news didnt happen but was shot on a big hollywood set to fool us all etc etc..... Im sure spinner was Saddams mediaman in disguise for a while......

in other words it would be OK to involve Sid imo in development but keep spinner away from the game fullstop.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:34   #85
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Well.. I'm sure spinner will make special ships that only 1up players can use... super ships that target 6 different classes each. and travels 2-3 ticks faster then everyone else.

Who cares who made the ships. Just look at the stats, figure out if they are good and pick whatever race u find best.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:56   #86
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred of Bedrock
Sure let Sid do what he likes as it doesnt really matter when you have a chimp driving the admin team anyway.......
Chimps are nice ffs!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:02   #87
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

hi fred!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 11:22   #88
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i really don't get this stuff.....

i've personally played 2 rounds to top 10 and all my other rounds in pa(not pax) were of a quite high ranking. and i've NEVER EVER even looked at shipstats(except the simple which ships targets which ofc) so who really cares who designed the stats?

unless you think Sid built in a backdoor where he can suddenly take out entire enemy fleets with a certain fleetcombination
hmmmmm would be a fun idea:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 16:47   #89
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Enough of the crap.

This thread was not a 'troll', nor should it be immediately as such.

Why does an eminent Alliance-HC have access to information that he can and will use to his alliance's advantage, when everyone else does not?

Seperation of power etc...
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 17:24   #90
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

The reasoning for choosing the person or a team of people to make a set of Ship Stats, should ALWAYS be based on ability, experience and trustability, never on the position of the person/people in question. It's hardly a big advatange anyway, if an alliance gets the hold of the stats a few days earlier than anyone else, in the end they always get tweaked, there are always various stages of a beta, if indeed Synthetic_Sid were to have released them to 1up beforehand, he would've ofcourse also had to do so everytime corrections and changes were made to them. The day the ship stats were made public ie. Sign-ups for public beta, gives enough time for ANYONE to look through the stats, and also balances out if 1up were exposed to the closed beat stats, which were undoubtedly altered for the public beta, thus The 1up member swould've had to revise their knowledge regardless.

But then again, Synthetic_Sid may have not released them at all.

God people, these stats are hardly complex, with the lack of wpsp, agility, guns and power, it's been dumbed down far enough for people with common sense to grasp what's good etc. In conclusion, stop getting worked up about a small if at all existant, advantage, heh.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 19:52   #91
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

crap spilled out with in a confident hand still smells bad
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 06:52   #92
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

worst thread ever. If the people complaining about sids involvement feel insecure about winning the next round or whatever then be better players. The game is/was/will never be won on ship stats and whining on the forums.

When the ticker starts everyone has the same opportunity as the next planet.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 13:21   #93
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
hi fred!

Hello m8
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:22   #94
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

And I who was worried that the comedy of AD had disapeared!
We should all thank the almighty lord for the never ending lying, incompetence, biased memory and utter crap from the Fury PR Squad. Just when I had thought you guys had stopped posting drivel here (and thereby making the world a less fun place), you come back again.

1) So Cayl, why dont you come out from the woodwork and admit Fury and Sid was involved in account-sharing on a alliance wide level? Your not as retarded as Cryptic are you?

2) You say that sid has been "scrupulous about obeying the rules". Then Im really puzzled by how he let Lockhead join Fury in r8 with that illegal account of his. Im also remember Darki, one of the bigger fang players who you let in that round, even though everyone knew he had 3 multi planets (atleast) that he used for escorting. And dont claim that Fury didnt know about this. The reply I got was a angry Hicks who wrote that "Lockhead is a good mate of mine so stfu".

I will stop before I make this to difficult for you. As you understand, I certainly wont stop you from keeping on posting here

Welcome back Fury III.

I have missed you.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:44   #95
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Thanks for the welcome. Need to work on your perception skills, You got our name wrong.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:47   #96
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

[01:22:24] <Zhukov> http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...5&page=1&pp=50
[01:22:27] <Zhukov> so fun, so fun

I knew it was a mistake to click that link. These boards have long been degraded by 90% of their users to a whiner-party.

PS: SID IS MY GOD
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:56   #97
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
And I who was worried that the comedy of AD had disapeared!
We should all thank the almighty lord for the never ending lying, incompetence, biased memory and utter crap from the Fury PR Squad. Just when I had thought you guys had stopped posting drivel here (and thereby making the world a less fun place), you come back again.

1) So Cayl, why dont you come out from the woodwork and admit Fury and Sid was involved in account-sharing on a alliance wide level? Your not as retarded as Cryptic are you?

2) You say that sid has been "scrupulous about obeying the rules". Then Im really puzzled by how he let Lockhead join Fury in r8 with that illegal account of his. Im also remember Darki, one of the bigger fang players who you let in that round, even though everyone knew he had 3 multi planets (atleast) that he used for escorting. And dont claim that Fury didnt know about this. The reply I got was a angry Hicks who wrote that "Lockhead is a good mate of mine so stfu".

I will stop before I make this to difficult for you. As you understand, I certainly wont stop you from keeping on posting here

Welcome back Fury III.

I have missed you.
Good post.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 02:05   #98
Cayl

Quote:
At this point I'm not going to admit or deny anything. I've seen the evidence and the appropriate thread. Its a serious accusation as I said, but its not consistent with how our members ended up distributed in the universe, or with our internal policies, or even just how I know Sid runs things. Even if I did land a bombshell and admit everything you've ever suspected about the Evil Fury back in round 3, what possible difference does it make to anyone?

Quote:
As I wasn't around round 8 in anything but perhaps monthly token appearances, I can't really speak about any of those people or the decisions surrounding them. I could speculate to fuel your conversation, but as I have nothing to gain from it, I think I'll decline.

I will say in general that if "everyone knew" that someone was cheating, I'd suggest that one of those people should turn the information over to the multihunter team for further investigation and action. I'm not a big fan of cheating, and I'm not a big fan of "Guilty before Proven innocent". But as I said, thats a general feeling, as I am uninformed about your specific allegations.

Quote:
Welcome back Fury III.

I have missed you.
We missed you too. I get a warm fuzzy feeling everytime someone personally flames me.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 03:52   #99
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That was an email from a newsgroup which several ppl had access too. Proof ?
On a sidenote if you check the dates youll find thats something previous to a round so if it was actually executed is quiet unimportant, like the fact someone cheated in the past (7-8 rounds ago), right zhukov ? Not like asking you to be my farm next round is already cheating, if we dont do it. So beeing all righteous and judging this doesnt make it cheating.
I mean youre whiter then white, arent you ?
Quote:
Since both lockhead and darki were both reported and investigated during the round any accusation is kinda senseless. If pa team doesnt found them guilty you surely cant blame sid for it. Just because YOU, the final judge of this world. think they are guilty it doesnt make them so.... Assuming your reply, you would close half your hostile planets on rumors and assumptions that they must cheat, without giving them a fair trial.... PLD.

Quote:

Welcome back Fury III.

I have missed you.
Wrong, youll stop posting before it appears that you dont give a damn, since you stopped playing somewhere between r7 and 8 and just try to stirr shit for the fk of it. Weclome back zhukov i hope ure not hurt if noone missed you......

P.s. Fury III ? so Eclipse was Fury II ? with a memberbase of over 60% non furies? ho ho ho....
or are you refering that a command makes it fury nowadays ? if so, it would be fury IV since mistu would be fury III.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:28   #100
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Since both lockhead and darki were both reported and investigated during the round any accusation is kinda senseless. If pa team doesnt found them guilty you surely cant blame sid for it. Just because YOU, the final judge of this world. think they are guilty it doesnt make them so.... Assuming your reply, you would close half your hostile planets on rumors and assumptions that they must cheat, without giving them a fair trial.... PLD.
wow, not to defend Zhukov or anything m8. But during r10, you were the eclipse yelling "cheat" at fang cause they had tons of closed planets. But when those pple are involved in Fury, it suddenly is "they are under investigation, meaning they didn't cheat untill proven guilty" ...

Why does that count for Fury but not for FAnG? of the 20 closed planets end r10, only 2 (yes that's all) got actually deleted, the rest got re-opened.

Focht, don't judge with double standards. When you flamed entire FAnG (with your ely buddies) about howmuch cheaters we are etc cause all planets got closed so the MUST be cheaters, yet if it happens to Fury then omg, they are innocent till they are deleted ...

sorry, I can't swallow that.

(still friends in EVE ofc )

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote