User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jun 2005, 19:18   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
Global summary of next round's changes

Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of changes? I know there is an approved/disapproved board, but wouldn't it be handier to put it all together?

(I'm very curious about the race stats. How will ziks become less overpowered and the Caths become less bad?)
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 20:23   #2
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Global summary of next round's changes

Kal puts these together pretty regularly.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 20:38   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Not all the Approved stuff will make it into next Round. And I guess things like the list of changes and the new stats will be revealed closer to the start of R14.
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 08:16   #4
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

when will that be? I thought that was in two weeks or so... wouldn't it be time to start coding then?
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 18:13   #5
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
when will that be?
when the changes have been finalised, i assume.
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 22:24   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

one of the recent announcements lists most of the changes in the round 14 code. - http://www.planetarion.com/news.php?...ail&news_id=54

I'll post an update in a day or two once i'm back from a brief trip i'm on.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 02:58   #7
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Thank You Kal. That Was A Very Infromative And Prompt List. It Is Much Appreciated.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 07:54   #8
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Idd

however the stats for making cath better and zik less overpowered are not in there

Last edited by Lοki; 20 Jun 2005 at 07:59.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 08:48   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
Idd

however the stats for making cath better and zik less overpowered are not in there
Give the guy a chance he does the better job of keeping us informed than most ppl have done in a long time
And stat/race changes etc... gonna be kinda long way to go and until round 14 actually starts
changes are gonna be constant.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 11:56   #10
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I started R13 late and before that I hadn't played PA in years but people tell me that the ship stats are generally not released until just before the round starts. So you'll have to wait a little longer

Though take a look at the ship stats for the speed game, hopefully they are a sign of what is to come.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 18:57   #11
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

You're probably right... but I see the speedgame more like a "test" to see if this way of doing it works.

Quote:
And remember, there is still more to come including new ship stats .
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 19:32   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

BTW for those who don't realise it, we Don't Actually Type Like This, but for some reason many browsers show it as that. Mine appears fine, and it wasn't until someone else showed me a screenshot that I realised that it showed differently.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 20:41   #13
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Quote:
Thank You Kal. That Was A Very Infromative And Prompt List. It Is Much Appreciated.
So when I see everything like normal, but this in capital letters, that guy DID type like this?
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 20:45   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes. It must be some sort of syndrome
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 08:42   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

god knows why some browsers see thte portal news items with first letters capitialised- i've looked through the code and the CSS and can't see any reason for it :/

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Jun 2005, 09:50   #16
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

i found this:

.newsa
{
Font-Family: Verdana;
Color: #FFFFFF;
Font-Size: 80%;
text-transform: capitalize;
font-weight: bold;
}

P.S. And it took me less than 30 secs
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 10:29   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
i found this:

.newsa
{
Font-Family: Verdana;
Color: #FFFFFF;
Font-Size: 80%;
text-transform: capitalize;
font-weight: bold;
}

P.S. And it took me less than 30 secs
newsa isn;t the class sued for the main text body, newsb is

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Jun 2005, 10:35   #18
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why the text was normal as soon as i removed that line from the css then :>
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 10:39   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

what browser?

it all seems to look fine on my computer with any browser atm - i did make a few code changes, but none that should have changed anything.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Last edited by Kal; 21 Jun 2005 at 10:49.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 10:53   #20
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Firefox.

http://gio2k.gmxhome.de/pa_pia/screenshot.png

And i think the reason is that your newsb paragraphs are inside a nested table which is inside a newsa column.

something like:

table
tr
td class newsa

table
tr
td class newsb
Bla ....
/td
/tr
/td
/tr

which makes the content inherit the text-transform property from the column it's inside.

Last edited by Gio2k; 21 Jun 2005 at 11:18.
Gio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 11:22   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

why would it not do it consistantly for different people then?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Jun 2005, 11:33   #22
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

it does it consistently for firefox users. Firefox inherits properties in nested classes. IE doesn't.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 17:23   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

this should be fixed in the round 14 portal

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:41   #24
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

good god, you guys don't half find the daftest things to moan about

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 20:30   #25
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Yeah it is daft. But also annoying. It's a presentation issue.