User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Oct 2005, 14:23   #1
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
A Friendly Note Daylight Savings

Don't wake up at the wrong time. Read this and take notice....

I know how much people plan their first 72 ticks of each round. So I figured it would be good to get someone on the forums which clearly lays out the daylight savings changes occuring this weekend.

In the US
You switch back to normal time from daylight saving time at 2am on Sunday morning in your timezone. If you are expecting to wake up to start a research at 4am on Sunday morning and haven't taken the daylight savings change into account, you will need to wake up at what will now be 3am.

For the east coast who are 4 hours behind GMT (5 hours behind the UK) the time will change from 01:59 to 01:00 at tick 35.

For the west coast who are 7 hours behind GMT (8 hours behind the UK) the time will change from 01:59 to 01:00 at tick 38.

In Europe
All countries in the European Union change at the same time on Sunday morning, which is slightly different to the US. The change for Europe occurs at 1am GMT for all EU countries.

For west European countries who are 1 hour behind the UK, the change will occur at 00:59 to 00:00 which is as tick 29 happens.

For the United Kingdom the clocks go back from 01:59 to 01:00 which is at tick 29.

For east Europe countries who are switching from CEST to CET, the clocks go back from 02:59 to 02:00 which, again, is tick 29.

All Other Countries

If you are not covered by the above (which is the majority of the PA Universe) then you will have to look into the time and date your country puts the clocks back.

For example Australia has no set system, the daylight hour changes have been known to change year on year for political reasons or for events such as the Olympics. Most states change their clocks this Sunday at 3am. More information can be found via your State Government authorities.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 14:25   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: A Friendly Note Daylight Savings

Also, to note. since the game server is fixed on GMT, its clock wont be changing. only your own clocks
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 14:27   #3
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

planning first 72 ticks? Really? What's that about? Look what I planned Kloopy!
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 14:34   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh, and Kloopy, get back to work you slacker!
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 15:24   #5
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Haha. It was my lunch break. :P

Anyway, what are you doing on the net at work also? Bad.
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 15:45   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Very bored, had a large boring job to do for the last 2-3 days. Need drink.
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 16:23   #7
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Drink is waiting. In the form of wine, at least. You'll have to bring your own bitter though or buy when you get here.
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 18:29   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

You spring forward and fall back.

Easy way of remembering it
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 18:33   #9
Kloopy
-Back Again-

If you've been brought up in the UK it's Autumn and not Fall.
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 19:08   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Would sound stupid to "autumn back"
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 19:20   #11
Kloopy
-Back Again-

"Spring forward and do it the other way at the other end of the year."
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 19:45   #12
Nadar
I see you!

nah... mine's cooler
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 19:49   #13
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
"Spring forward and do it the other way at the other end of the year."
Spring forward, and you autumn turn em back? (oughta... autumn... some slight degree of resemblance in sound there.)

Yeah. I've got nothing.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 21:45   #14
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Made me giggle that. How sad am I

On a lighter note: An extra hour for sleep, yay!
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 22:00   #15
Uber-Rob

Hurrah, hurrah! I was thinking it was the other way around! Yay, more drinking before I have to go to work
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 23:20   #16
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My 72 tick plan is below, for those who might want to follow it or use it for themselves:

Code:
Initiate roids
Research cool stuff
Construct lots of nice things
Get some ships ready to attack nasties and get me lots of roids AND WIN
Hope that was useful guys.
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 01:27   #17
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you've been brought up in the UK it's Autumn and not Fall.
I'm English and that's how I remember it. Cos "autumn backwards" sounds silly
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 02:52   #18
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
For example Australia has no set system... Most states change their clocks this Sunday at 3am. More information can be found via your State Government authorities.
Just to clarify; Western Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory do not observe any daylight saving, so we wont have to go through all of that crap (listed above ) like the rest of the world .

New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania will revert to AEST at 0300 hours on Sunday the 27th.

Source: here.

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 29 Oct 2005 at 02:57. Reason: oops, forgot NT :D
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 04:00   #19
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Also you say Western Europe is 1 hour ahead of the UK. This is true except for Portugal which I think is in the same time zone as Britain (BST changing to GMT); I presume their clocks change the same as ours do.
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 10:52   #20
PistNBroke

PistNBroke is an unknown quantity at this point

afaik portugal adopted cest/cet recently for political reason
R13-30 ROCK HC/DC/BC/Bar Tender
R37 on Ascendancy
R40 Special appearance for rock
HEROES WILL SMURF YOU UP
ROCK FTW!!!
<3 Orbit
PistNBroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 11:59   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistNBroke
"**** we can't be like the British no one else in Europe likes them" ?
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 18:06   #22
Neferti
part time ghost

That can't be right, as time zone maps still show Portugal as being in the UK's time zone. So if Portugal is using CET then nobody outside Portugal seems to acknowledge it?

From further checks it seems that Portugal is indeed in the same time zone as the UK, Ireland, Iceland and most of Western Africa. However they call it 'Western European Time' just to be different to us. This is confusing as most of western europe is on Cental European Time. Aren't time zones fun
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 21:21   #23
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistNBroke
This is incorrect.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 23:39   #24
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Thank for the this Kloopy, although even for some western European countries the goes back at 2:59 aswell. So it's not just eastern Europe, but that's just details