User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Aug 2005, 21:00   #51
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: f-crew Vs ??

Wow, that was a short war then!
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 21:25   #52
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
So on one hand we have HR saying "We arent working with Veneratio" and then veneratio pretty much say they are. Make up your minds ffs.
Wakey, i said we co-op'd wiht ven to take out APA see way above in posts, i also said that we told VEN of our intentions in hitting f-crew. End of

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 22:05   #53
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

Chaos, we'll call this one a draw
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 23:18   #54
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

o well we are lucky we just recieved word that Tof wanna play with us now and steal our roids

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 23:30   #55
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

yeah we knew WP never hit us, just they were involved in the no defence of gal mates thing
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 10:06   #56
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30III
o well we are lucky we just recieved word that Tof wanna play with us now and steal our roids
Everyone loves F-crew. Can't believe i even got a negative rating for this. Adios and gl, i hope u've trained ure members well, about this being a war game.

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:42   #57
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by truler
After a succesfull co-operation with HR to overtake APA in the rankings, we were looking for new means to get back in the rankings where we belong, and thats top 10.
Erm for the record - it wasn't your co-operation with HR that allowed you to overtake APA - we were still ahead of you before internal issues resulted in a mass walk-out of members - and the eventual demise of APA....

notsure
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 14:28   #58
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Erm for the record - it wasn't your co-operation with HR that allowed you to overtake APA - we were still ahead of you before internal issues resulted in a mass walk-out of members - and the eventual demise of APA....

notsure
You were on your way down already, the mass walkout was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 15:04   #59
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

Now now.. APA got a bad break. no need to kick em when their down.
It's not important for us to take credit for taking APA down.
as we all know about situation.

And if you would have gone down or not due to us is realy not important.
us attacking you wasn't personal, it was only about roids and ranks.

I'm sad to see this happen to APA, and I hope you recover soon.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 15:36   #60
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

First you use the stolen coords to attack APA, (wich idd didnt break APA) then you go out to try to hit F-Crew who basically train players and get them good. I must say HR has taken a liking for killing the game.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 15:49   #61
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

You're talking as though APA and F-Crew deserve immunity. I've left you some negrep regarding APA.

F-Crew on the other hand, while they do a great job, need to choose a direction. They are either a training alliance - in which case they forget the fact that they are ranked #8 in the universe - or they are aiming for a top spot and cannot blame any flaws they happen to have on their recent influx of recruits.

While I appreciate everything Wakey and F-Crew do for the game, I've noticed over the rounds that when they do badly for whatever reason its ok because their sole purpose is to train new players and others shouldn't hit them. Now all of a sudden they find themselves in 8th place and they are so pleased with themselves that everyone has to know.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:23   #62
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
You're talking as though APA and F-Crew deserve immunity. I've left you some negrep regarding APA.

F-Crew on the other hand, while they do a great job, need to choose a direction. They are either a training alliance - in which case they forget the fact that they are ranked #8 in the universe - or they are aiming for a top spot and cannot blame any flaws they happen to have on their recent influx of recruits.

While I appreciate everything Wakey and F-Crew do for the game, I've noticed over the rounds that when they do badly for whatever reason its ok because their sole purpose is to train new players and others shouldn't hit them. Now all of a sudden they find themselves in 8th place and they are so pleased with themselves that everyone has to know.
I havent said that anyone deserved immunity, but regarding the choices HR has done this round, they havent exactly promoted community support to the smaller alliances trying to get a foothold.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:27   #63
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

F-Crew and Co., Good job on training your alliance. It is obvious, from the rankings, that whatever training program you guys implement seems to be working really good this round.

This is actually a good training opportunity to teach your guys how to adapt to situations like these.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:28   #64
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I havent said that anyone deserved immunity
I didn't say you had. I said you're talking about them as if they did.
Quote:
...to the smaller alliances trying to get a foothold.
May I point you to the Universe Rankings. Both F-Crew and [APA] were larger that HR in terms of roidcount and membercount. Yes, thats being rather pedantic and petty - but if you want to prove to people that you deserve(d) a top 10 spot, stop using the "we're small and being bashed" excuse.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:36   #65
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I didn't say you had. I said you're talking about them as if they did.

May I point you to the Universe Rankings. Both F-Crew and [APA] were larger that HR in terms of roidcount and membercount. Yes, thats being rather pedantic and petty - but if you want to prove to people that you deserve(d) a top 10 spot, stop using the "we're small and being bashed" excuse.
Come now, if you had really tried to make someone belive that roidcount and memberbase was how you obtained a good position in Planetarion, may i remind you of the size of the last two winners of this game. HR saw a chance to grab roids from new players with not that high value, it was simply a move to obtain more roids, and to obtain more production. Apa/F-crew with lesser expirienced players were the targets that pointed themself out as easy because of low average score/value according to size and roids.

Size/members = 0 when it comes to winning this game.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:45   #66
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Come now, if you had really tried to make someone belive that roidcount and memberbase was how you obtained a good position in Planetarion, may i remind you of the size of the last two winners of this game. HR saw a chance to grab roids from new players with not that high value, it was simply a move to obtain more roids, and to obtain more production. Apa/F-crew with lesser expirienced players were the targets that pointed themself out as easy because of low average score/value according to size and roids.

Size/members = 0 when it comes to winning this game.
Yes, while EXilition and 1up did have a smaller memberbase, they also had a higher total value and score than those alliances they beat, just like [APA] and F-Crew had a higher total value and score - hence why they were ranked as such.

You've returned to the same argument, the one where you try to convince us that its bad to hit [APA], F-Crew and the like because of their high vulnerability and averages. Capturing 'roids is the way to win this game, as you said, it increases production. So why was it so bad for HR to pursue those roids, which would help them produce more ships?

At the time we are discussing, HR had ~ 150 fleets. F-Crew had ~260. [APA] had ~180. So please tell me how this might not have worked for an F-Crew or [APA] advantage WRT retals and such?

Last edited by The Real Arfy; 8 Aug 2005 at 16:51.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:50   #67
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I could not agree more and F-crew are not the only training alliance: I cant think of a single T10 ally that does not contain a Veneratio trained player and we have our share of new players again this round

Perhaps the difference is in the quality of the training

as to the rest of the thread i confirm, deny, oppologise for nothing
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:11   #68
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

As I have stated in this thread I have no problem with people deciding to hit us for tactical reasons after all if I did i could have easierly taken us down the NoS route as we have had plenty of NAP offers that would have kept us safe but we didnt take them up.

Where I have an issue is where attacks are sent out with an underlying aim to totally cripple us simply because they see us as an easy target due to our nature as a place to train new players. I know this is a war game but crippling an alliance 'because you can' is taking the war aspect of the game too far and its the kind of actions which are responsable for driving players from this game. There was simply no direct tactical gain from their attacks, they didnt gain many roids from their attacks, the roids they did get didnt carry much score and they actually widened the gap between those above them and lowered the gap to those below them. The only acheivement they might have acheived was destroy some of our structures as their supossed "roid runs" included these despicable ships, drove a member away and upset many of their members on the way they were attacking. As Kargool says it would seem that you have looked at the rankings and thought "Ah an alliance that takes on new players whom wont be hardcore yet if we choose them and just hit them over and over again they will probally get sick and quit the game and we can can grab a top 10 spot without earning it"
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:41   #69
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough

Wakey stop whinging in public either as u say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
As I have stated in this thread I have no problem with people deciding to hit us for tactical reasons after all if I did i could have easierly taken us down the NoS route as we have had plenty of NAP offers that would have kept us safe but we didnt take them up

No ones object is to cripple you as an alliance but you have some valid targets, as do we all, you cant keep crying every time you get incommings "were a training alliance and not a valid target"
as to detering players from the game i'm afraid part of the game is being attacked and some times roided, if a player canot live with that fact then he will not stay in the game anyway

and tbh those are the ones i've found quit an ally first to look for greener pastures

So act like an alliance not a Kindergarden.

Last edited by lokken; 8 Aug 2005 at 23:50.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:47   #70
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Well targeting a training alliance is quite sad & the fact of the matter is if these players are given a good round they will progress & the game will progress infact hitting such an alliance would only cause players to quit as it stands the good has too few of players pretty much every alliance is hardcore now look at NewDawn this round rounds ago they would of been cosidered a joke but this round they are doing pretty good.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:50   #71
Beermonster

how about targeting a T10 ally that allowed?

and read my post abouve plz

can 1 training ally target another?

not that i am denying, confirming or oppologising for any thing that has bin attributed to my ally in this thread

and plz dont tell me that a universe of 2500 ish is due to nOOb bashing
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:53   #72
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

O yeah Beermonster making a statement & whining are two different things I'd suggest you look up the two because I think you'll find that wakey was just putting forward his views along with facts.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:56   #73
Beermonster

Then Ven pleads imunity as well from all attacks

and now Wakey is whinging pleading that f-crew are not a valid target coz they are a training ally he's stated that targeting or giving new players a bad round will make them leave the game which i have replyd to
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:59   #74
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermonster
how about targeting a T10 ally that allowed?
Depends an alliance that has very little experience & targeting with stuff that would cause damage such as structure destroyers.
Bully boy tactics should not be used against an alliance that is trying to train & keep players in the game.
New players will want to leave the game if they feel like they will get bullied constantly. FACT!
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:02   #75
Beermonster

and no T10 ally has ever used bully boy tactics?

i'm sorry but all the blocking over the last few rounds by the "elite allys" is killing the game

I'm in the same position as wakey i have to give my guys some fun and help them into the game just to get caught up in some crossfire between the T5 allys ok thats my job i'll do it to the best of my limited ability but i cant see why i sould get bad reped for doing it and not whinging when i get incs or some1 leaves me for greener pastures
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:14   #76
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Beermonster ffs read what we are saying, attacking us is fair enough but these arnt attempts to get roids,
if they arnt trying to cripple us why is that pretty much whats their attacks were doing? as Wakey said they got very little roids, very little xp as they all hit smaller players, and used structure killers. In the end they got less score gain than us because we were actually attacking to gain roids, they obviously wernt, they were attacking to cripple. I have not once been attacked this round by someone looking for xp, not one of my attackers has been smaller than me.over 50% have been by players over double my value. several of these have attacked me when double my value and when ive had only just over 100 roids. i mean jeesus christ theres better targets everywhere. Grow some ****ing balls people

ill say again attacks on us are fair enuf, we shouldnt be immune and wakey isnt saying that, but these arnt attempts to get good score and good roids, these are simple bashing runs

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:17   #77
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Training alliances learn things by doing them. They learn how to fight a war by fighting one. They are not immune, and shouldn't be kept in cotton wool.

Good players became good players by fighting wars, and getting experience. Stop being pansies F-Crew, and hit them back.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:19   #78
Beermonster

I'd guess 80% of attacks are on ppl with smaller value in the universe

Either becaust thats the ally target gal and thats the best targ u can get or cos u haven't learnt the game yet

hey ho Keg
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:25   #79
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Lets make things clear, I'm not asking for immunity, i'm not saying we arent valid targets. What I'm however asking for is alliances to show a bit of honour when attacking (and not just against us but against anyone) as well as being honest about their intentions.

The attack on us was as virogenesis says "Bully Boy Tactics". The whole "we wanted the roids and rank" claims hold no weight whatsoever because the attacks were generally on smaller planets than themselves, gained very little roids. Just look at the stats for the 24 hours that the attack took place and your see you lost ground on everyone due to the attacks rather than gain. We simply didnt have the roids or value on the whole for anyone looking to even think the alliance would make any real gains by attacking us. You were looking at the bully boy tactic of constantly 'stealing our dinner money' over a period of time until our members got sick of it and quit. As such your tactics simply didnt match your supposed 'goal'

And you seem to indicate that bully boy tactics are fine as others have done so in the past, lets be honest people doing stuff before doesnt make it right for others to do and I wish people in PA would stop using this to justify everything. Just because its been done before or others are doing it shouldnt be a get out clause for every action done, perhaps if more people actually grew some balls and said 'sod whats been done in the past im/we are doing it our way' some of the problems the game has might become less of a problem.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:37   #80
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

thats funny cause weve been finding it remarkable easy to land on bigger value guys, me especially as i cant keep ships or roids for toffee i really should learn to wake up on time

Beer i understand ppl attack who the ally has put up so i spose ill refine my digs to the HC's of such alliances. the fact is the alliances attacking us lost out score and roid gain wise more than usual, almost everyone else in the same ranking area scored more. so its obviously not being done to gain ranks, its been done to smash ppl until they have no will to play

Also i understand Veneratio is in the same position and i have plenty of respect for Ven, my annoyance was the fact that it didnt really need HR Ven AND WP refusing to help their gal mates, just Ven and HR alone could have done it. In fact both HR and Ven have the skills to go 1 on 1 with us. the fact we are now under the eye of ToF who didnt attack us only because they realised someone had leaked info to us. but the wording of their briefing for the attack was along the lines of "we aim to kill alot of fleet" and "time to use those shiny new structure killers" the only mention of roids was an afterthough right at the end of "oh and weve made sure they all have over 200 roids" whats that 50-60 for the first wave?? surely ToF can do better than that.

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:39   #81
Beermonster

In reply to Wakey

as to your first point why do you deserve honour more than coven or some other training alliances of which i include Ven
thats my whole point your pleading some sort of special status

as to your second point how can ven bully you?

i agrree with your last point unfortunatly thats the universe we live in

plz stop trying to make out your some sort of special case you are not many other allys train ppl and do it well

In reply to Keg we did not attack F-crew

so yup i pity the ally that did
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:47   #82
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
the fact we are now under the eye of ToF who didnt attack us only because they realised someone had leaked info to us. but the wording of their briefing for the attack was along the lines of "we aim to kill alot of fleet" and "time to use those shiny new structure killers" the only mention of roids was an afterthough right at the end of "oh and weve made sure they all have over 200 roids" whats that 50-60 for the first wave?? surely ToF can do better than that.
This is why ToF are still ToF, despite their apparantly high ranking this round. High member counts ftw.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 21:55   #83
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

im sorry beer but do ure eyes work!!??? READ THE ****ING POSTS!!!!!

Lets make things clear, I'm not asking for immunity, i'm not saying we arent valid targets. What I'm however asking for is alliances to show a bit of honour when attacking (and not just against us but against anyone) as well as being honest about their intentions.

Seriously learn to read man, u take various bits and put them together how u want it so u can argue, read the whole ****ing post before u start driveling on

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:00   #84
Beermonster

so how would u like us to honuor you?
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:04   #85
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'd guess 80% of attacks are on ppl with smaller value in the universe

Either becaust thats the ally target gal and thats the best targ u can get or cos u haven't learnt the game yet

hey ho Keg
This statement is incorrect with regards to F-Crew.

I would say that 70% of attacks made by F-Crew members on other planets in the universe are on ppl with bigger value than their own.

That is why we are in the T10 with little value. So unless you are using "Bully Boy" tactics against us, we are going to grow stronger. This is what I would call bul**hit. The other T10 alliances have to resort to this because "oh no, here comes a training alliance and they are starting to beat us".

If it is true that 80% of the universe attacks ppl smaller than them, then grow some god*amn balls and get more XP.

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
kamikaze69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:07   #86
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

by learning to spell, and then learn to play PA

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:29   #87
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
you cant keep crying every time you get incommings "were a training alliance and not a valid target"
He isnt. He isnt happy with the events which happened to result in a member of his alliance quitting because of the bullying tactics used, and neither am I or several others in the game from what i can see.

Quote:
So act like an alliance not a Kindergarden
Hipocracy ensues. Thats hardly a mature thing to say when you're trying to make a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
Well targeting a training alliance is quite sad
Merely targetting it, isnt too bad but its counter productive, yet this is a war game. and in war bad things happen, new people must learn this

What happened was several established alliances ganged up on it which is much more of an issue and one i took offense to, like others

Quote:
can 1 training ally target another?
of course they can. no-one is saying they cannot or should not, but as i said above there is absolutely no reason to gang up to do it.
Its merciless, distasteful and counter-productive. pure and simple

Quote:
Then Ven pleads imunity as well from all attacks
pot, kettle, black

Quote:
i'm sorry but all the blocking over the last few rounds by the "elite allys" is killing the game
And bashing the new players is going to help that, how exactly?

Quote:
as Wakey said they got very little roids, very little xp as they all hit smaller players, and used structure killers
Read this part carefully Beermonster, you may learn what the complaints were actually about.
merely ganging up and roiding wasnt enough for those involved - they tried to pummel them into the ground.

Quote:
Grow some ****ing balls people
Precisely what would be good for the game.
People however, wont. Its far too easy to take roids off someone significantly smaller then you are, then it is to fight a real challenge.
people dont want to take excessive risks because winning is important to them

Quote:
Reading, understanding and remaining silent as to not embarass yourself might be a start </rant>
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 00:00   #88
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Honouring us and playing with honour arent really the same thing and you seem to be failing to grasp this fact.

If we were asking for you to honour us we would be asking for all kinds of titles and tropheys to say how great we are but playing with honour is a simple case of playing in a good natured and fair way. War after all does have rules, theres an honour code in battle which on the whole are generally abided by.

In PA theres no hard and fast rule on whats honourable but its fairly easy to work out. Hitting a player twice your size is honourable, hitting someone half your size isnt. Targeting established players is honourable, targeting those barely our of protection isnt, sending structure killer on a roid run isnt (I'm not sure sending SK's is ever really honourable even in war as its just kicking someone when they are down) ect ect. Basically what playing with honour means is playing with a knowledge that your actions have effects and we are all responsable for the games success and some of our actions can have a detrimental effect on the games numbers and the quality of players in the game and we should be acheiving our goals without stepping over that line where we are kicking them when they are down and potentially sending them packing from the game
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 00:05   #89
Chaos

Please. I think I would be pretty safe in saying all alliances have been ganged up on atleast once.
It's a totaly valid tactic. and you shouldn't start to whine cuz of that.
Espesialy when the ally's attacking you arn't in top10. but you are.

APA didn't whine. and they actualy got hit. while the F-Crew thing was just my MC's being effective while I was gone for the weekend and I sorted this with Wakey when I got back.

HR has not done anything disshonorable this round. and we're not going to.
If you feel we have. then stop and think for a moment. might it be that your just whining?

Now how about we let this thread die here? as it realy should never have gone past 1 page.

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 00:36   #90
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Please. I think I would be pretty safe in saying all alliances have been ganged up on atleast once.
It's a totaly valid tactic. and you shouldn't start to whine cuz of that.
Espesialy when the ally's attacking you arn't in top10. but you are.

APA didn't whine. and they actualy got hit. while the F-Crew thing was just my MC's being effective while I was gone for the weekend and I sorted this with Wakey when I got back.

HR has not done anything disshonorable this round. and we're not going to.
If you feel we have. then stop and think for a moment. might it be that your just whining?

Now how about we let this thread die here? as it realy should never have gone past 1 page.
What do you mean "They actually got hit". I know the targets you hit weilded so little gains for you as you overkilled small targets (7 waves for a total gain of 30 roids on one planet ffs, you almost took out more structures) but believe me you attacked.

And ok theres a chance that these werent dishonorable attacks, maybe it was just poor work by you MC which saw an attack where the targeting was such that decent gains would be made, maybe the structure killers on these small planets was a mistake, maybe ven just jumped on the bandwagon and WP decided to add us as hostile and refuse to defend ingal for some other reason but even if that is all true you have to admit it looks fairy bad.

However just so you know myself and no-one at F-Crew has anything against you Chaos, you were open and seemed honest, were professional and responsive and seemed to listen to what was being said. I for one am willing to believe that on HR's end it was just a case of an over eager MC and that it wasnt HR's intention to wage a war of lots of cheap shots at inexperianced members
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 11:52   #91
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...23&postcount=9

i think we managed to sum it up between me and storebo fairly well actually , in a completely different thread.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 14:47   #92
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

As i dont have time to quote all the threads this is a reply to a lot of them so just scroll up and see where it fits.

1. Hitting an allaince bigger than you is valid, weather they are training, eliteist or n00bs. the fact of the game is attacking is how alliance progress.

2. "The roid/XP gains were low" As you know HR came out of last round badly and with internal issue didn't have a great start, we have recruited newish players into HR as well to train them and recruit a stringer member base. Our avergae scroe isn't exactly something to write home about. Our member also need training in how to wave / joint attack / fleet compositions / regular targetting and defending.

3. If you're a training allaince you need to train your players that this is a war game, you WILL get waved from bigger / better alliances in the round you WILL lose roids, people WILL use SK's, defence is NOT garaunteed every time you gets incs.

4. "Stolen CO-ORDS" you lost em, don't expect everyone to say we can't hit APA, they had badluck, did you expect that no-one would attack you the whole round? be serious HR didn't need stolen co-ords, ure lack of foresight in creating a proper defcall structure meant intel on you guys was easy.

5. Last round HR got their asses kicked, by 2 blocks of 4+ allainces were not whinging we're getting up and making our voices heard. Blocks are a part of the game they've existed since R1 in some form or another. If you didn't take the NAP's then it's your own fault. No one told you not to. (new players need to realise allainces block as it suits them to do what they want / need)

6. Kargool stop whiging, APA got owned and didnt have the skill or organisation to fight back END OF. Weather or not we were responsible for you breaking in not important and i'm sure you have internal politics. but your score/roids dropped like a bomb as soon as we targetted you and you couldn't organise any kind of counter offensive?

7. If you don't want incoming stay out of the T10

I hope this has been informative for eveyone.

Regards

[BA]Apoc
HR-MC and proud

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 14:48   #93
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice post barney. VG PoV

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
kamikaze69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:30   #94
Chaos

what the hell does lots of waves haftodo with this thead?

ohh and btw. if that statement was true. then 1up hafto be the biggest n00bs around.
cuz they are waving my gal to pieces atm.

now stop talking crap and let this thread die.

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 16:00   #95
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

its the fact that those 7 waves only managed to gain 30 roids... and that they killed almost as many structures as they did steal roids, therefore it obviously wasnt an attack to gain roids and score, it was an attack to cripple

ffs people read the damn posts, have none of u any comprehension of how to read things? u dont read half a ****ing sentence do u? u dont see book critics reading the first and last pages and basing their review on that!! im getting really ****ed off with ppl like u basing an argument on half a statement READ THE WHOLE ****ING THING!!!

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 18:43   #96
Mr Person
Bloke

Mr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the roughMr Person is a jewel in the rough

I for one was sad to hear of what was happening to F-Crew, for sure they have to expect being attacked once they are in the top 10, but deliberately going all out to kill them rather than just a bit of roiding is very harsh on such an alliance (come to think of it it's very harsh on any alliance).

As such, I was appalled to find my own alliance getting in on the act, and actually advising the use of Structure Killers was something I heavily opposed. I was greatly relieved at hearing of the info leak, as it gave me an excuse to shut the attack down immediately.

Just so you know F-Crew, not even all the HCs of your attackers agreed with it

ToF forever
Mr Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 21:25   #97
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Person
I for one was sad to hear of what was happening to F-Crew, for sure they have to expect being attacked once they are in the top 10, but deliberately going all out to kill them rather than just a bit of roiding is very harsh on such an alliance (come to think of it it's very harsh on any alliance).

As such, I was appalled to find my own alliance getting in on the act, and actually advising the use of Structure Killers was something I heavily opposed. I was greatly relieved at hearing of the info leak, as it gave me an excuse to shut the attack down immediately.

Just so you know F-Crew, not even all the HCs of your attackers agreed with it
it was 2 hc's a few bc's and 1/3 of the members against it from what i heard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 21:39   #98
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Nice to see that ToF is as organised as always. *chuckle*
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 00:04   #99
Narcissius

Narcissius is on a distinguished road

If would have been cool to see just one of the alliances go to war though Wakey. I think they would have underestimated us And we could have shown that we are a bit more than just a training alliance
Narcissius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 08:47   #100
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

always ready to trow in a flame towards tof ey, kargool =)