User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:02   #1
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about
Ugly Jolt banner

Am I the only one thinking the thing is rather shite?
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:25   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Ugly Jolt banner

great thread, please post more
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:28   #3
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

The very colorfull Jolt-banner at the bottom of your menu ingame. It kept distracting me and since work was being a b*tch I got annoyed
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 10:57   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm i thought that was just on one skin lol and yes it does kinda stick out like an ugly big fat hairy mole

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 11:08   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I know how to solve the problem!

Upgrade your planet!! \o/

btw, it wouldnt make sense to have a nice pretty banner that people liked looking at if you wanted them to upgrade their planet now, would it .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 11:09   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

The way it looks ain't the problem, the thing that pisses me off is that it reminds me that Jolt are involved in PA. That is very distressing, they're like a family black sheep - you tolerate their existence as much as you have to, but you hate being reminded of it.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 11:09   #7
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I know how to solve the problem!

Upgrade your planet!! \o/

btw, it wouldnt make sense to have a nice pretty banner that people liked looking at if you wanted them to upgrade their planet now, would it .
Errr.... it appears on upgraded planets too.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 11:11   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Errr.... it appears on upgraded planets too.
Ah, i thought you mean those big rectangular ones...

tbh, i hadnt really noticed it untill now .
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 11:51   #9
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I noticed it a few days ago, I think, but it doesnt really bother me... not really intrusive, is it.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 12:48   #10
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

It turned up yesterday for me.
"Free accounts do not see outgoing fleets on the gal status screen and also have an ad-banner on the overview page."
So one of the things we pay for is to get rid of the ad banners, now a new one shows up.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:13   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Technically it is not an advertisment since Jolt owns this game. It is more likely their way to show it is their product, just like you have the coke slogan on every coke can or bottle.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:19   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Also, didnt Chello do the same thing in R4(?) or so? I dont really remember people whinging about it then...
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:22   #13
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Also, didnt Chello do the same thing in R4(?) or so? I dont really remember people whinging about it then...
People weren't paying for it then, and also, Chello contributed to the game the same as they took from it. Jolt is a glorified hosting company in the context of PA who charge a ludicrous amount for the service they provide, it is left to the community to run the game, and pay for the privilege. I wouldn't mind if Jolt didn't rip the community off and act like thieving bastards.

If the community owned the game, we could get everything that Jolt provide for a fraction of the cost that Jolt give it for.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:32   #14
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

When I clicked on the link, it shows in the IE bar 'Jolt clasn server rental'

That makes it an advertisement.

I think you should all make as much fuss as possible over this on the principle.
(I personally would make a fuss, but Jolt have threatened to ban me from pa for complaing too much).
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:55   #15
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yes dudes lets revolt against Jolt because they force us to look at an ugly banner at the bottom of our beautiful screens. How dare they?!

If i was to meet the person responsible for this in the street i would pick them up and force their ugly face through a billboard to see what they thought of it. HA!. That would show them.

If our collective, which i have taken the privaledge of calling 'Gang against yukkie banners and ugly messages' (or GAYBUMS for short), can force the evil empire of Jolt to dismantle its banners from our screens we will be able to vastly improve the gaming quality of PA. I am going to be as daring as to say removing this banner would quadruple my enjoyment. It may also force Jolt to increase the price of my planet to compensate for the lost revenue from the adverts, but this can only be a good thing surely? More money for Jolt gives them more ability to hire top notch coders to improve the quality of that game which we love and would happily die for.

Please join together with my and help fight these evil banner bastards.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:04   #16
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
It may also force Jolt to increase the price of my planet to compensate for the lost revenue from the adverts, but this can only be a good thing surely? More money for Jolt gives them more ability to hire top notch coders to improve the quality of that game which we love and would happily die for.

One of the reasons for paying is to get rid of adverts, so saying that prices will increase if they remove this is nonsense.

Jolt doesnt pay top notch coders. It gets members of the community to do it all, whilst taking whatever cash they can out of the game.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:16   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Jolt doesnt pay top notch coders. It gets members of the community to do it all, whilst taking whatever cash they can out of the game.
For the last 2 weeks or so, the person doing the majority of the coding has been pishmishy, Jolt's paid coder. Jolt are looking for a coder to pay, and have been advertising it for months. If you look at the banners, one of the adverts is actually that very position.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:17   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Apologies my friend I was mislead by the heinous overlords.

If anything this proves the despicable atrocities these people will stretch to. They bleed the game like vampires and still have the guile to abuse us by forcing us to look at a banner. Yes, it is both physical and emotional abuse. I feel physically sick when looking at the banner and have been known to wake up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. Sometimes this allows me to login to PA and notice incoming, but this coincidence does not outweight the mental stress i am put through by looking at this banner.

I believe we should work together with the 'Free Opera geeks against adverts' group as they too have to suffer the ugliness of a banner in their high quality browser. They are fortunate enough to have this removed on paying. However, I am not the only one that is concerned, no petrified that Jolt's evil control will spread and influence Opera forcing them to put adverts in the full payed version of their browser. This would be a disaster of epic proportions!

Thankyou for your kind words of support Mr Forest. I am glad to have you on board.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:19   #19
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
For the last 2 weeks or so, the person doing the majority of the coding has been pishmishy, Jolt's paid coder. Jolt are looking for a coder to pay, and have been advertising it for months. If you look at the banners, one of the adverts is actually that very position.

And in that 3 weeks the game has been so free of bugs and downtime. Great
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:31   #20
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Pishmishy has PA as PART of his job, it is not his job, the effort put into PA by jolt compared to what they get out of it is absolutely sweet FA.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:50   #21
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Pishmishy has PA as PART of his job, it is not his job, the effort put into PA by jolt compared to what they get out of it is absolutely sweet FA.
They do good hamburgers you know..

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 16:40   #22
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Can you just host the picture from a different url so we can block it? atm its on game.planetarion and blocking would remove All the graphics
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 17:01   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

heh, i am starting to get the feeling that people are posting in this thread solely because there is nothing else to do or nothing better to do with their time.

omg, is this apathy building the prelude to Soveh quitting PA? :eek: :eek:

Stay tuned for next week's episode...
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 17:05   #24
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
heh, i am starting to get the feeling that people are posting in this thread solely because there is nothing else to do or nothing better to do with their time.
Please do not try to undermine the hard work that my team is putting in to try and right the wrongs in our world. We dont do this just to benefit ourselves, we do it for everyone.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 17:06   #25
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
Can you just host the picture from a different url so we can block it? atm its on game.planetarion and blocking would remove All the graphics
What an excellent idea!!

Yes the banner is fecking annoying.
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 18:03   #26
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

I dont mind them having a banner/logo whatever, ive been a Jolt customer for years and have grown used to stuff like that, however on the purple haze skin it appears twice... one above the other, now thats abit over the top!

ps just be glad it aint a company like uk2 hosting...!
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 18:47   #27
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

its not an advert... it links to jolt's website, not a specific part of it, and its entirly reasonable for them to have their logo on their game.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 18:53   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
omg, is this apathy building the prelude to Soveh quitting PA? :eek: :eek:

Stay tuned for next week's episode...
Oi, you know the rules. No talking like that.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 19:38   #29
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
its not an advert... it links to jolt's website, not a specific part of it, and its entirly reasonable for them to have their logo on their game.
My thoughts too...
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 20:33   #30
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersander
Am I the only one thinking the thing is rather shite?
I believe they chosed that banner cos they felt it matches with the philosophy the company

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote