User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jul 2005, 15:18   #1
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Papers/Studies on Planetarion

Especially during the peak of PA’s activity several players chose Planetarion and its players as topics for their thesis and other assignments. Since some of my colleagues are working on a related project I am looking for exactly these papers and studies on Planetarion (or similar mmog). Every info/input (eg nicks/emails of those who wrote a paper) is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:58   #2
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about
Re: Papers/Studies on Planetarion

best would just be to get an alliance date base and talk about how it started get together with some thats been playing since round... scouse has some cool date bases on the internet about key battle and things of this natrue on the internet.. check it out!
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 19:39   #3
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I wrote an essay on NewDawn... not planetarion as a community, but ND as a smaller one... I'd have to dig it out though :/ that help you any?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 21:57   #4
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Mi5
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 13:07   #5
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
best would just be to get an alliance date base and talk about how it started get together with some thats been playing since round... scouse has some cool date bases on the internet about key battle and things of this natrue on the internet.. check it out!
For now the project is more related to psychology and gameplay than to the development of alliances. But maybe that info is needed for a later stage. Thank you for the hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I wrote an essay on NewDawn... not planetarion as a community, but ND as a smaller one... I'd have to dig it out though :/ that help you any?
Thanks for your offer. However, I guess that an essay about one alliance won't contain relevant data for the particular project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Mi5
Thanks, I found his thread!

I remember there were at least two other PA related surveys I took. Iirc one of them was posted on AD. So, additional info is still welcome!

Last edited by laputa; 5 Jul 2005 at 13:34.
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 16:28   #6
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Yes, there was one a few months ago, was that the one by mi5 mentioned above?
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 08:40   #7
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Yes, there was one a few months ago, was that the one by mi5 mentioned above?
yup

The thread can be found here .

But afaik he hasn't finished his paper yet.

Unread 6 Jul 2005, 09:55   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I believe Mi5 did finish his paper, just pm him, so when he checks these boards you might catch him, he also idles on irc a fair bit too.

Good luck
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 13:56   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tis wrote his dissertation about personal friendships forming the back bone of early Planetarion alliance relations I think.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote