User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Oct 2005, 14:05   #1
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society
[Football/Games] PES5/FM 2006

Played it properly for the first time last night and I was a bit disappointed at first, you can't even go near a player without a free kick given and whilst they mark you tight when it is your throw in there is an invisible wall to stop you doing the same.

The more I played it the more I could see where the improvements were, mainly in attacking. Heading seems a lot better, on PE3 I would score from about 75% of corners as the heading was deadly accurate but they removed this from PE4 and added some sort of random factor to height/direction and I was scoring about 20% of the time but I powered a few in last night and it felt good. I even managed to challenge the keeper (and got booked) something that was impossible in the last game.

Shooting from distance seems more accurate with the right type of powerful player and dribbling is more accurate once you have received and controlled the ball but turning can be clumsy compared to prevoius games.

9/10 from me so far, only loses marks because football is a contact sport but not on this game and to get a truly realistic experience the invisible walls have to go so you can move freely anywhere on the pitch (leave them in for free kick yardage etc.).

Anyone else got/played it yet?

Last edited by PSH; 26 Oct 2005 at 00:56.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 14:24   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football/Game] PES5

been playing the Jap version since august, the PES5 beta since september, and now finally PES5 retail... [/tucks e-penis away]

yes it's different. Biggest criticism from me is the shooting imbalance : longshots go in a lot (feels nice to do it though) while previously 'dead-cert' 6 yard opportunities almost always miss.

As for tackling, it gets easier with time. I'm getting lots more 'played advantage' as a result of imperfect tackles than free kicks now. Often it's better just to put pressure on a player with the ball and giving the opposition no space and time has a detrimental effect on their passing accuracy. If you try and play "the old way", half your passes will go straight to the other side.

Keeping possession, safe passing, slow build-ups etc seems to be the way to go with those PES4 sprinting runs and aerial through-balls etc now being next to useless.

I don't think I could go back to the old one now; the bobbling inaccurate passes are annoying but you have to admit they're more realistic. It's still the game for people who know about football while FIFA is just arcade nonsense.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 15:59   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well on sunday I bought Football Manager 2006, the same old champo feeling is back, in my first season I got villa into europe sold baros for 20 million etc etc, the old stuff :P
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 16:04   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

pfft ,try playing as Doncaster Rovers

I have no wage budget, a 20k transfer budget, and i came 8th in League one. (Which was far above board expectations).

Now i'm supposed to do better with that 20k budget
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 16:48   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Playing FM06 now as Stenhousemuir. Highest value player : £2k.

Great fun
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 17:30   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

time consumption is the problem with fm06, i havent got out of bed for like 5 hours today :/
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 19:44   #7
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I'm playing as Luton Town and I'm last in the championship
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 19:49   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Just started a game aswell, spose ill be raading books and playin fm06 all throguh christmas
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:05   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

FM06 better than the rest of the shite we've had these few years?

I long for CM2
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:11   #10
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
FM06 better than the rest of the shite we've had these few years?

I long for CM2
its ok to be honest bet than the last fm imo, hasnt changed a great deal but its ok
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:33   #11
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice

FM06 features a pinball machine for a match engine and half-time teamtalks that have an impact on whether you win or lose. This means guessing from 5 basic options and then hoping your Conference team of one-touch passing wizards responds in the right way. You also have to change tactics approximately 5 648 times a game if you don't want each game to end up 5-5.

Play the demo before buying it. I'm going back to FM 2005.

Edit: also PES5 is great. I have never seen a bigger crowd surrounding a monitor in complete silence. Game on Oxford Street was a gawping homage last Friday.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:36   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog
FM06 features a pinball machine for a match engine and half-time teamtalks that have an impact on whether you win or lose. This means guessing from 5 basic options and then hoping your Conference team of one-touch passing wizards responds in the right way. You also have to change tactics approximately 5 648 times a game if you don't want each game to end up 5-5.

what the bollocks are you on about ?

the game is nothing like that.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:41   #13
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
what the bollocks are you on about ?

the game is nothing like that.
There is lots of one touch passing and almost no dribbling in the match engine.

There are half time team talks with five options that have an impact on how your team plays.

There is more of an emphasis on fiddling with tactics in response to computer changes.

There are unrealistically high scores in a lot of games, often as a result of not changing tactics.

Which one of them is wrong? They're all fairly well documented on the SI Forums and were the main features of the Gold Demo that meant I didn't buy the game.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:44   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

confusion between FM06 meaning FIFA Manager 2006 or Football Manager 2006 maybe?
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:59   #15
Obliterate

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog

There are unrealistically high scores in a lot of games, often as a result of not changing tactics.
This only seems to happen to me in friendly matches. All the normal matches I've seen so far have had realistic score lines.

I don't believe there's an "emphasis on fiddling with tactics in response to computer changes" - no more than in previous FM games anyway.

I have noticed that there is a lot of one-touch passing, but this doesn't especially bother me. I'm sure if I changed enough tactics somewhere then I could get them to stop doing it but I'm more of a casual player who doesn't get involved enough to change every single thing for every single match.

Overall I'd say it was worth it, but I didn't play CM 2005 so....
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 14:27   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

There has actually been less goals in my matches so far than usual

Only big score was a 0-4 against Arsenal, damn Henry
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 18:12   #17
isildurx

I just encountered a crazy bug.

I lost my penalty shootout with 0 goals against 3, but when i pressed continue the game took it as if i won, with me going through to next round etc. Wtf is up? :|
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 18:18   #18
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx

I lost my penalty shootout with 0 goals against 3, but when i pressed continue the game took it as if i won, with me going through to next round etc. Wtf is up? :|
Sounds like the standard of officiating we come to expect from the Premiership.

I haven't got FM2006 yet but I have played the demo and it seemed pretty good but not that much of an improvement on 2005 as far as I could make out. Only a moron or Graham Souness could get the team talk part wrong and it got on my tits after a while but I like the addition of time wasting in the team tactics.
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 18:20   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Have you downloaded the new patch?

I have to say I'm struggling on FM06. Finished my first season today, survived as Grimsby with 1 game to spare, and only just, I really thought I was going down. I'm really struggling for cash, £500k in the red and no wages or transfer funds available. It's gonna be a long next season too
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 18:46   #20
isildurx

Its so weird.

In fm 03\04 Villa were absolutely crap, impossible to score goals.
In fm05 they were fantastic, scored most goals in PL.
In the new fm06 its back to basic, with villa havin big probs scoring goals, atleast i have.
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 21:10   #21
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In fm05 they were fantastic, scored most goals in PL.
Sometimes people make mistakes.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 05:01   #22
isildurx

Yea i admit it isnt really THAT realistic :P

Angel with 25 goals and Luke Moore with 20 in a season doesnt quite make sense
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 14:23   #23
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

Want to hear a very good bug?

CM 01/02, Tony Adams winning the European Goalkeeper of the Year for Arsenal. And he played centre-back all the time whenever he avoided injury.

Oh and this happened more than twice.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 14:39   #24
PSH
Registered Abuser

Anyone heard much about FIFA Manager 2006? It has an 'in game web site' which looks pretty interesting but I can't really see it being a serious rival to FM or CM just yet.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 14:43   #25
1-X
overtired

I 'acquired' FM2006 last night as this thread made me feel I was missing out.

I only played 3 pre-season games as manager of Bristol Rovers, and that took ages. Also, they wouldn't give me any transfer funds. Is this normal, and how long does a whole season take you lot?
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 14:52   #26
PSH
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I 'acquired' FM2006 last night as this thread made me feel I was missing out.

I only played 3 pre-season games as manager of Bristol Rovers, and that took ages. Also, they wouldn't give me any transfer funds. Is this normal, and how long does a whole season take you lot?
It's rare you get a decent transfer budget outside of the top flight, I usually start a game with Arsenal or Barcelona and play a few of seasons just to quench the need to spend money and then try to take a lower league team to the top. On average a season takes me 12 hours but I set my Assistant Manager to take control of friendlys.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 14:53   #27
isildurx

A whole season prolly take from +\- 8 hours id suppose, depending on how 'deep' you go and how many teams are in your league.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:20   #28
PSH
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Only a moron or Graham Souness could get the team talk part wrong
Got it last night and played 3 games (as Arsenal), beat Chelsea in the CS on pens, beat Middlesborough 6-0 then lost away at Man City 3-0.

The playes are pissed off because of the way I talked to them in the dressing room after and during the Borough match. We were 3-0 up at half time so i said "don't let the performance drop" and at full time at 6-0 I said "I want to see this every week" but they are now all considering their optons!
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:34   #29
isildurx

My teams keep letting in extreme amounts of goals for some reason
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:42   #30
PSH
Registered Abuser

After a quick visit to the SI forums it appears there is a problem with the game engine on the original version and there is a patch (FM 2006 v6.0.1 PC patch) that should fix it along with a few other bugs.
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:49   #31
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'll stick to 'kick off 3: european challenge' for the SNES. best gameplay ever.

i cba playing games where i need to use ~20 buttons, and where i can set everything to my hand.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 16:03   #32
Obliterate

Quote:
A whole season prolly take from +\- 8 hours id suppose, depending on how 'deep' you go and how many teams are in your league.
It took me more like 20 hours to do a whole season, and I got fired before the end!

One thing I have noticed is that an extraordinary amount of players seem to get broken legs / ankles and be out for the rest of the season :-/
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 16:40   #33
isildurx

None of my players have gotten that as of yet, though i do get a load of 1month-3month injuries.

It really annoys me that you have to pay extreme amounts of cash for almost every player around