User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:13   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
TV Ads

How do they even get those cows to do such cool stuff on the Cravendale ads? I found a site here that lets you watch the bottom two (the latest 2) for free.
I generally buy normal milk, but that advert at least makes me remember Cravendale.
Also, the good old copier paper ad, and this "are you sure you're not lost" advert made me laugh (not seen it on TV).
What makes adverts stick in people's (your) mind? Humour works for me, but generally I then just remember the advert and not the logo.

(This one is pretty good too - "use condoms")
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:24   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: TV Ads

That was cunning.

Being a member for two years, making over a thousand posts, joining PA Team, and all a setup to advertise milk on the board

Anyhoo, tv-ark has lots of old good ones (realplayer/real-alternative required). It's surprising just how many of their annoying jingles are in your head.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:27   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It was a cunning plan, and you saw right through it . I was hand-picked 3 years ago after they decided these boards were perfect for milk advertising.
But seriously, those cows rock! They look better than the USA's trained dolphins
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:30   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
What makes adverts stick in people's (your) mind?
Adverts are shit, but I'll make an allowance for ads which have fit women walking around in their underwear.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:36   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Half the adverts on TV seem to work around that format, especially dating agencys / dirty phone lines like this one (the voice apparently is "raunchy" ...)
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:39   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Half the adverts on TV seem to work around that format, especially dating agencys / dirty phone lines like this one (the voice apparently is "raunchy" ...)
Most of the women on the phone line ads are utterly repugnant, have orange skin, dodgy hair and fake tits.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 13:59   #7
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Most of the women on the phone line ads are utterly repugnant, have orange skin, dodgy hair and fake tits.
Who are the people who pay for these services? They must be out there somewhere otherwise these companies wouldn't be able to afford advertising. Don't they know it's probably a man texting them back? I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here ages ago asking men to apply for positions as these 'raunchy women'.

I don't mind funny adverts but all to often there are adverts which are supposed to be funny but fail hideously. I hate most 'teaser' ad campaigns, for Christ's sake give us a clear view of the product and reel off a bit of spec and I can then make up my mind if I want/need what you are trying to flog!

Last edited by PSH; 28 Sep 2005 at 14:11.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 14:09   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like the new one for broadband (although I forget which company, so it obviously isn't a very "good" ad), where there's some amazing experience going on (the examples I've seen are swimming with dolphins and some woman talking to a gorilla who's communicating back through sign language).

Everyone else is going on about how amazing the experience is, and he goes "I'd rather be at home, actually". It made me laugh.
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 14:23   #9
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Has anyone ever liked and advert because it is so badly done?

The Michael Winner e-sure advert springs to mind, at first i hated them, almost to the point t of physically picking up the remote and changing the channel insted of just looking away but the more I saw them the more amused I was by the complete shitness of it to the point of actually talking along with him "a mouse? with a net?" and then they dumped him in favour of a plasticine mouse.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 16:00   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I like the new one for broadband ....
Everyone else is going on about how amazing the experience is, and he goes "I'd rather be at home, actually". It made me laugh.
Yes that's a cool advert. It's Wanadoo or something I think (they seem to have adverts everywhere so I assume it's them).
And I truely sympathise with the guy too, as I'd probably say that.
Unread 28 Sep 2005, 17:54   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

my personal favourites:

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 04:34   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
It's surprising just how many of their annoying jingles are in your head.
Now I don't want to frighten any of you children, so any of you with over active imaginations DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST.

There are jingles for various products lingering in my head from 50 years ago. Once they have infected you, you are doomed. It is all the result of extra terrestrials attempting to undermine the human brain to make it so that they can take us over. Fortunately we have Tom Cruise on our side.

True story.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 05:14   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Fortunately we have Tom Cruise on our side.
Somehow I doubt a scientologist is going to come in handy in an attempt to wipe out mass production idiocy and brainwashing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 05:33   #14
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

True. But when it comes to a war of the worlds, old Tom will come through and save mankind.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 08:36   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Somehow I doubt a scientologist is going to come in handy in an attempt to wipe out mass production idiocy and brainwashing.
But he's American - of course he'll save the day!
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 10:02   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
True. But when it comes to a war of the worlds, old Tom will come through and save mankind.
Ah, but he'll wait until the rest of the world have been destroyed first. America won't notice anything is up until then, though oil prices will rise.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 14:28   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hold on, you mean America won't be attacked by the aliens first?!?!
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 14:29   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Only if they make contact with the aliens and neglect to tell anyone else, and then do something stupid* so the aliens try and kill them all.

*like making someone like Bush the ambassador