User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 23 Jul 2007, 19:46   #1
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough
Once again

So after peaking my head in to see if there was anything going on, I noticed that quite a few interest threads have popped up, and got to thinking about the good old days when things happened more regularly around here.

A while ago I started a pirate thread in the hopes of helping to get things more active, but eventually it crashed and burned in the beginning due to lack of activity, since the thread was erroneously dependent on everyone being active at once.

So once again, to try and help boost the RP level up, who would be willing to take to the high seas for booty, plunder, honor, justice, or whatever your personal quest may be?

As always with my threads, it will be plot oriented and fairly frequently DMed. To prevent the drop out from last time, I will take control of any PCs if they become inactive while being necessary to the plot and probably quarantine them with a suspected illness until they return. Any PC take overs will be done lightly and only when absolutely necessary.

Anyone interested?
Huracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 17:04   #2
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Once again

Would this be more of a serious one or more of a leisure thread?
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 17:49   #3
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough

Are you defining leisure thread as something like SSI?
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 16:50   #4
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

to a point, I was considering something that has less of a empahsis on a formal rule system. So I suppose in a way SSIish. Though maybe with less of the "I" in it.
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 18:04   #5
Huracan
El Chupacabra

In that case, yes, it is planned to be a leisure thread. No stats or dice rolls or anything. I will probably keep track of assets (quest items, gold, etc) on a character sheet on the 2nd post, but thats about it.

Advancing the plots and fighting would be based on post quality. Other than that players are free to do as they want. Whether or not everyone plays as captains/sailors etc depends on how many people express an interest.
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 20:14   #6
Wo2
The Janitor!

Ah Thank you for that clarification. In that case I'm fully intrested in this thread.

Or maybe a Arrr Matey would be better... so

Arrrr Matey!

Last edited by Wo2; 25 Jul 2007 at 20:20.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 01:34   #7
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

I'm in...still in...I guess would be more correct. But this time i want to start with a bit more action.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 04:53   #8
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Pirates are fun.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 01:22   #9
Huracan
El Chupacabra

More action in the beginning indeed.

Sorry the reply took so long, just got back from 6 weeks in Mexico, so my internet is slightly more reliable now.