User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jul 2004, 07:18   #1
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all
Abrams Combat Intrest Thread

Ok, for a little change of pace form all these midevil and space threads. This thread shall take place in the current time period based on current weaponry. You will take on the role of being the commander of an M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank currently used by the American military. (as well as others)

Now, the best thing about this tank is how well balanced it is for such a powerful tank. They need a crew of 4 and can reach a top speed of 45 mph. They also way around 70 tons. THIS particular thread will deal with a situation that is similar to the one in the middle east. Hopefully the others will have different campaigns (provided you all like this one)

I will also allow you to call in Air strike of the American A10 Warthog, a bomber armed with a chain gun on its nose. Their will also be humvee support for those large infantry crowds that your .50 calibur machine gunners cant quite handle.

If you are interested, let me know. In the acctual thread you will find out a lot more stats about the tank and learn about this campaign.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 18:20   #2
nessinka

Abrams battle Tank download

I've found this download site for old Abrams battle Tank (PC version):
Abrams battle Tank download
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 19:25   #3
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Abrams Combat Intrest Thread

*hissss* american tanks BAD! they chug fuel like you wouldn't believe!
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 20:22   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Abrams suck arse. Try a Challenger 2. The only tank that can destroy that is another Challenger 2, and, unlike the americans, that doesn't happen very often
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 00:14   #5
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

lol, that is true, because the brits? (im not exactly sure who uses them primarily) dont go meddling in everybody's problems like the states
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 03:49   #6
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Slaps all the dissenters.*

Me! I want in! I don't care if I have virtually no time this is probably the first tank thread I've seen in a while and I want in damnit

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 04:50   #7
Mad cat

i have no problem with the idea, hell, i think its exellent, just please! let us have better tanks, or a selection of tanks to choose from
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 10:08   #8
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

A selection of tanks to choose form sounds nice enough.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 22:06   #9
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

I want in! Accepted, I'll probably drop out of sight for ten months in approximately 2 weeks, but from what I've seen of the fourms so far this summer, this'll be dead by then, knowing my luck. Everything else has. So I'm in!!

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 23:29   #10
Mad cat

why are you dissapearing from the face of the planet for ten monthes now?
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 13:48   #11
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

He's probably a student or something...

which if that's the case he's most likely doing what I should've done a long time ago

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 14:24   #12
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

wank?
drink a lot?
do drugs?

or...learn? :eek:
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 14:58   #13
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*tick*
*double tick*
*tick, although rather unenthusicatically (trust me people, beer is better)*

Hmm....

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 19:07   #14
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Um... Right....

Mabey a selection of Tank compents to pick from... Wait... BAD! EVIL! LESS STATS MORE GAME!
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 19:34   #15
Mad cat

im a student, and i just borrow the computers in the library at lunch then i have my connection at home, so unless he's going to a place like africa that has never heard of the internet let alone has it, he has no excuse for dissapearing. anyway i say we should either have a selection of tanks to choose from, or be allowed to choose our own tanks
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 12:53   #16
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh. Yes, you have sussed it, I am indeed, that perfection of wasterness, a student. A physics student, at that, at John's College, Durham Uni. And last year I tried to stay on a bit, but never had the time, and since I will have even less time, I doubt you will have sight nor sound of me from beginning of term to the end. Though if you are in #rpgal and I find a good IRC thing you might see me bouncing about in there from time to time...

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 18:11   #17
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
*tick*
*double tick*
*tick, although rather unenthusicatically (trust me people, beer is better)*

Hmm....
Beer is cheaper, yes*. Better... Don't know about that one.

* Or just as much, depending on 'what'.
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 21:24   #18
Mad cat

i see... well i guess that is an ok excuse, though unfortunate , right on with the thread!
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 01:03   #19
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

*Awakens from his state of hybernation and despair as this thread suddenly gets life*

ok ok, bugger off all of you who hate the abrams. I feel like droppin stats for more tanks. PICK WHATEVER TANK YOU DESIRE AS LONG AS IT CAN KEEP UP!!!

since ive had no time to think, this thread will start later on this week, my other SUPERIOR thread is coming out relativly soon, as soon as it is approved by various audiences.

THE ABRAMS THREAD WILL NOT GET A NEW NAME AND IT WILL FEATURE ABRAMSES!!!!!
(oh and id appreciate anyone who can give me the name of a sucky non-american tank thankee)
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 02:58   #20
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

anything soviet