User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 6 Aug 2004, 14:46   #151
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Dune

stop arguing and lets get on with the game?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 18:22   #152
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Farok glanced up. Something had caught his eye. He shaded his eyes from the harsh sun beating down on the unforgiving desert sands. There was something in the sky. An ornithoptor prehaps? Word had been spreading through the communities that there would be a war waging on the surface of Dune. The Emperor had apparently given Dune to any one who could take it. It was disturbing news, but he didn't think anything of it yet. It seemed like a ridicously idea to him.

No, there was definitly something in the sky and it was heading towards him. The sun glinted off its shiny windows again. It was big and it was no Ornithoptor. He turned and hurried towards his two companions, Jamis and Geoff, who were currently having another argument about who had killed the most Harkonnens. They were making there way through the rocks, heading towards one of their day stop-overs. But now they would have to wait before they could rest.

"Jamis! Geoff! Get over here quick!"

The two suddenly stopped aruging, disturbed by the tone of voice of Farok. They climbed stealthly through the rocks, to where Farok was now lying, his cloak providing him with perfect camoflage. Jamis and Geoff both took up a position either side of him, but not too close, each blending in with the rocky surface.

"You see it?"
"Yeah. Carryall. Whats it doing down here? Havn't seen any harvesters around, and its not carrying one."
"Can't be smugglers. They know to stay clear of here. Can you make out any insignia on it"
"Just about. I don't reconise it."
"Prehaps there is some truth to the rumours from the other Sietches then?"
"Seems like it. I don't like all these Houses crawling around our planet."
"Lets see what they're up to then"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 18:47   #153
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

mmm crazy be the fremen hmm
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 18:48   #154
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlavoHunter
So, uhm, yah. *pokes Hewitt* Mod my searchings please
ooc: *Gets poked *

Your cruise over the empty bled takes a little while; in no more than three hours you have seen the rocky outcrop that is your destination and are searching for a safe place to land. It takes a few more minutes, but you spot a small area of sand covered rock just big enough to hold both aircraft about 2km away from the abandoned BTS station.

The station appears to be unguarded.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 18:57   #155
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
(Could you tell us what upgrading the Construction Yard does, I can't see it in any of the requirement lists, although the Radar requires Barracks twice typo'd. Also, the Refinery/Silo capacity, does this refer to freshly harvested spice? If you had two harvestors bringing in 1400 spice, and only have the refinery, you'd lose 400c before you can only hold 1000, is that how it works?)
Hmm... I think you just spotted a DM-bug

In any case, I've done a few edits - upgrading the CY now adds an extra 500c to it's C limit and you'll also find the Rocket turrets now require an upgraded CY to be built.

As for the spice storage... yeah, what KH said. I'll go with the last bit for now - as long as the excess spice is spent in the same turn it's collected.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:00   #156
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

what about upgrading other structures?

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 6 Aug 2004, 19:17   #157
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Upgrading the other structures just gives you the opportunity to build better units - that's it

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 22:27   #158
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboy
<snip>
Hi. *wave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Your cruise over the empty bled takes a little while; in no more than three hours you have seen the rocky outcrop that is your destination and are searching for a safe place to land. It takes a few more minutes, but you spot a small area of sand covered rock just big enough to hold both aircraft about 2km away from the abandoned BTS station.

The station appears to be unguarded.
"Sir, this place is as deserted as a tomb." the point man of Squad 1 reported back.

"I wouldn't be so sure. The Fremen ARE known to hide in the sands, after all. Squads One and Two, move in on the BTS, and attempt to gain access. Squads Three and Four, guard the Carryall." James ordered, and re-started the engines of his Gunship, pumping it up into the air and lazily evade-circling around the BTS and his troops, and turned on his outside-mounted loudspeaker.

"Remember... if something shows, don't fire until they do, we're not here for a fight." he reminded them, quite loudly, as the two lead squads moved in.

Orders:

- 2 units of Light Infantry move ahead to the BTS, the other 2 stay at the Carryall to guard it.

- Gunship evade-circles around the area, keeping cover over everything.

- Broadcast out loud to my troops that we will only fire if attacked, that we are not here for a fight. Of course, this has the added effect of telling anyone who is waiting in ambush the same thing, if they believe we are a hostile invading force.
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 08:30   #159
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: Oh and btw, one unit of infantry is one man not one squad... not that it makes much difference statisically but yeah might help on the RP side of things

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 09:06   #160
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ooc: Oh and btw, one unit of infantry is one man not one squad... not that it makes much difference statisically but yeah might help on the RP side of things
That's pretty stupid, IMHO. Why's it only one man? :P

Infantry should be by squad, but everything else is exactly that - one unit. One unit of Light Tank = 1 Light Tank. *shrug*
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 12:08   #161
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

It's to do with the point system - having it as one man makes it easier to work out the battles.

Infantry can however, be grouped into squads which has various advantages/disadvantages - but I'll explain that later, no time right now.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 21:22   #162
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

I wasn't trying to suggest that a Unit of infantry can lose individual men but still be intact - For calc purposes, sure, it's one man. RP purposes, it makes a lot more sense if it's a squad of men... at least to me.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 03:27   #163
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Well if you want squads for RP purposes you first need enough infantry to make a squad

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 03:56   #164
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Okay. Will refer to it as one man from now on. Though the concept of a Carryall only carrying 5 men is absurd

Is it Turn 3 yet? I'd like to see what my diligence in searching will bring me.

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 9 Aug 2004 at 04:04.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 04:07   #165
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Not really when you think about it, you see a carryall is primarily designed to carry harvesters and up to very large vehicles. All of that heavy rigging is gonna take up a hell of a lot of space and as a result there is going to be much less cabin space.

Comprede?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 04:16   #166
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Oh, so a Carryall can tote a vehicle AND the infantry?

Cool.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 04:41   #167
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Yeppers

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 11:02   #168
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

come on turn three where are you?

Unread 10 Aug 2004, 16:01   #169
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

I think he is out geting some beer hopefully he will bring some back
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 18:32   #170
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

House Iruxas
Scientific, Xenophobic, Secretive, SYCRONISED
(-50% Research Facilities cost)
(No Lasgun cost penalty)
(Double turret HP)
(Base structures +1 HP)
(-50% success rate to hostile Covert Ops)
(Bases Hidden)
(Buildings Immune to Capture)
(+50% FP)

-Garrision
5x Light infantry
5x Trooper
-other are hidden units.

Base:
-Infantry Barrakcs
Cash-10000 + 700c income

Construction:
-Light Facotry - complete last 750c
-Radar outpost -250c done 850c to go

Unit Construction:
4x troopers- 3 complete 1(100c IP)

RP:

"We managed to stae off violence this day but we may not be as lucky in the future. We need to begin producing more units so we can be ready next time." said Ikara

"It shall be done M'lord. "responed a soilder, "One more thing, Omnius is now at his peak, he wishesh to know our progress thus far."

"I shall go and speak with the Evermind." Ikara began to walk towards the BTS with the intent of speaking with his master.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 19:36   #171
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

The three Fremen curiously watched as the Carryall flew overhead, obviously looking for a place to land, in the way it was flying low, and slow. After a few minutes, the Carryall set down, and four troopers jumped out. Hidden in the sands, not to far away, three Fremen continued their silent observation. After some conversation, two of the men headed off, while the other two stayed.

"Looks as though they're heading for the old BTS"
"Wonder what they hope to find there"
"Whatever it is, we'll make sure they don't tell anyone about it."

The three Freman started stalking after the Light Infantry. Over head, an ornithoptor circled, and broadcast another message to its troops. Obviously their commander was in that ornithoptor. Shame they had no way at the moment of bringing it down. But that wouldn't matter for now. The Commander had said they weren't here for a fight. That was obviously pretty stupid of them. If they went exploring abandoned stations, near Fremen, then they should be here for a fight. For the Fremen really hated uninvited guests, especially armed and nosey ones.

They continued to move quickly, skillfully and silently after the Light Infantry, spread out across the sands, one of each flank and on following directly behind. Their dusty cloaks masking their appearance and making them very hard to spot, unless you were looking directly at them.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 22:51   #172
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
The three Fremen curiously watched as the Carryall flew overhead, obviously looking for a place to land, in the way it was flying low, and slow. After a few minutes, the Carryall set down, and four troopers jumped out. Hidden in the sands, not to far away, three Fremen continued their silent observation. After some conversation, two of the men headed off, while the other two stayed.

"Looks as though they're heading for the old BTS"
"Wonder what they hope to find there"
"Whatever it is, we'll make sure they don't tell anyone about it."

The three Freman started stalking after the Light Infantry. Over head, an ornithoptor circled, and broadcast another message to its troops. Obviously their commander was in that ornithoptor. Shame they had no way at the moment of bringing it down. But that wouldn't matter for now. The Commander had said they weren't here for a fight. That was obviously pretty stupid of them. If they went exploring abandoned stations, near Fremen, then they should be here for a fight. For the Fremen really hated uninvited guests, especially armed and nosey ones.

They continued to move quickly, skillfully and silently after the Light Infantry, spread out across the sands, one of each flank and on following directly behind. Their dusty cloaks masking their appearance and making them very hard to spot, unless you were looking directly at them.
OOC: Are you actually playing as the Fremen or something? And secondly, I don't think you quite understand what is going to happen to your beloved little band once you attack You should've read Heretics of Dune... Miles Teg wipes out a small army with a single rifle-sized Lasgun, and you're trying to bring three men against me, when I'm armed with Lasguns the size of which make that one look like a popgun? (FYI, the Lasgun he used was actually of this era - it was found in a Harkonnan No-Globe, preserved perfectly over 3000 years in a null-entropy bin )

IC:

Advancing Men) *march, march, look, march*
Gunship) *hover, move, look, hover, move, look*
Men Staying Behind) *look, look, look*

KlavoHunter) *wait, wait, wait for DM, stay IC*
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 14:33   #173
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Turn 3 - DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
I think he is out geting some beer hopefully he will bring some back
ooc: Damn your observant *Sets up a temp 'ooc' bar*

Iruxas was left to it's own devices... Huntirius continued it's hunt for hidden spice with extra vigour... Urbanica expanded it's influence and the people rejoiced ( )... The Atreides-lead smugglers decided to seek out the elusive fremen without much success... The Ankaaian House of the Kipire consolidated their position in the south while Terminus did the same in the north... Corrino hit the town for a Dune version of the pub crawl...

And quietly the fremen stirred. Something had caught their attention...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial Arrakis Monitoring Station (IAMS)
Current Hazards to Report

None as yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't be so eager to see the turns go by since at turn 5 come the storms...

In any case each turn represents a 12 hour period (I'm bumping the total travel rate for units from 10 times the top speed to twelve to fit this).

- As such each of these messages will now be marked either 'DAY' or 'NIGHT'.

At night all units will have -1 range and concealment moves will be 50% more successful. The main exception to this is Houses with the Nocturnal quality where this situation is reversed (plus there is additional +1 range bonus durning night for these houses).

Lastly those who have sent me PM's wondering why I haven't gotten back to them don't fret - I'll process all your units durning the weekend.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 16:48   #174
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

ooc: Damn straight they do

House Urbanica - Turn 3
Scientific, Pacifist, Resiliant, Resourceful
(Research Facilities are 50% cheaper)
(Cost Penalty to lasgun weapons removed)
(Pyon Villages are 75% cheaper)
( -10% to unit FP)
( -10% to unit HP)
( -10% to unit SP)
(Engineers 50% cheaper)
(All other units 25% more expensive)
(+25% to Unit Resistance to all weapons)
(+25% to Harvester capacity)
(+5000 Starting Credits)

------------------------------

Starting Credits: 10050c
Income from last turn: 1975c
Credits: 12025c

------------------------------

Carthag
Forces Present:
1 Carryall (1312.5 credits)
8 Light Infantry

Buildings:
Carthag proper +800c

Construction Yard
Power Draw: 0mw

Wind Trap
Power Draw: -100mw

Spice Refinery
(Harvester present, carry-all present. Gathering spice in the Imperial Bason @ 875 spice units per turn. Carry-all is providing an emergency airlift capability against worms, as in the book Dune.)
Power Draw: 40 mw

4x Spice Silo
Power Draw: 20 mw

2x Infantry Barracks w/ upgrade
Power Draw: 20mw

Construction in Carthag
1x Infantry Barracks w/ upgrade (-840)

Upgrading Construction Yard (-1100 c) (PIF) (One turn remaining)

4x light infantry (-500c)

Arsunti:
Arsunit Proper +400c

N'themar:
N'themar Proper +100c

Brethlahelm:
Brethlahelm Proper +100c

5 Misc pyon villages:
+500c

Misc Aquisitions:
5 more pyon villages (Any name would be nice, I can't make them up for crap)
-1000c
9685 credits remaining at the end of turn two

Orders:

I send out 2 infantry to scout the area around Carthag, looking for defensive postions and other items of note, and send 3 to scout the other three villages first owned by House Urbanican
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 18:22   #175
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlavoHunter
OOC: Are you actually playing as the Fremen or something? And secondly, I don't think you quite understand what is going to happen to your beloved little band once you attack You should've read Heretics of Dune... Miles Teg wipes out a small army with a single rifle-sized Lasgun, and you're trying to bring three men against me, when I'm armed with Lasguns the size of which make that one look like a popgun? (FYI, the Lasgun he used was actually of this era - it was found in a Harkonnan No-Globe, preserved perfectly over 3000 years in a null-entropy bin )
Yes I am (I was too lazy to make a house and mr Hewitt was quite nice ). And yes I have read the Dune series, it was just ages ago =/

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:12   #176
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Yes I am (I was too lazy to make a house and mr Hewitt was quite nice ). And yes I have read the Dune series, it was just ages ago =/
Shall we just call this "Resolved" on the spot, then?

My losses - 2 Light Infantry
Your Losses - 3 Fremen

Fair enough?
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:18   #177
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Hahaha. 'No'.

We'll leave it upto Mr Hewitt to decide on the losses.

Plus, I wanna have some fun nicking all your water.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:23   #178
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

You know, Hewitt, there should be a rule that you actually have to be building a base inside of a city before you can reap the spice rewards from it. As currently this is rather silly, with people who picked up the low-cost village traits just spam out money to pick up a bunch of cheap villages and roll in tons of cash without effort.

The idea behind the villages was that you could build an extra-fortified base inside of one and end up with some extra chump-change rolling in. NOT as a primary source of income.

Of course, claiming them this easily will result in a rather interesting plot twist as soon as Hewitt mods my spice-seeking operations.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:30   #179
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Actually, it would be cheaper for me to buy harvesters and use them that way instead of buying the villages, but I'm doing that for another reason entirely...
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:33   #180
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Hahaha. 'No'.

We'll leave it upto Mr Hewitt to decide on the losses.

Plus, I wanna have some fun nicking all your water.

Okay. Battle it is then.

Orders:

- Carryall is to take off IMMEDIATELY... get her in the air before those lousy Fremen try to steal her.

- Gunship cuts the Fremen down with its Lasguns.

OOC: GG.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:57   #181
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

How can you attack me when you havn't spotted me yet?

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 23:21   #182
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

No, I'm posting what my orders will be WHEN you attack.

*shrug*

Unless you decide otherwise to the attacking-ness idea I'm willing to make allies, I'm willing to crush my enemies. Make your choice.

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 11 Aug 2004 at 23:27.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 04:23   #183
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

House Iruxas
Scientific, Xenophobic, Secretive, SYCRONISED
(-50% Research Facilities cost)
(No Lasgun cost penalty)
(Double turret HP)
(Base structures +1 HP)
(-50% success rate to hostile Covert Ops)
(Bases Hidden)
(Buildings Immune to Capture)
(+50% FP)

-Garrision
5x Light infantry
6x Trooper
-other are hidden units.

Base:
-Construction Yard
- Windtrap
-Refinery
-Infantry Barrakcs
-Light Facotry
Cash- 8300 +income

Construction:
-Radar outpost - 250(Last Turn)+850/1100
-Heavy Factory - 150/1600

Unit Construction:
Light Factory:
2x trike 600/600
Barracks:
2 Infantry 200/200

Ending Cash: 6500c

Power usage: 90/100

RP:

Ikara walked to exited the BTS to see the coming of night to dune, the colors made him pause in his business, he had never seen a sunset on his shrouded homeworld. It was a lovely site indeed but it was push aside, he was here to capture the planet not look at sunsets. His master had tried but failed in the concept of beauty, his attempts were intresting to say the least, but all of them were cold impressions of human art. But that didn't matter at this point.

He walked slowly along the rock foundation of the base and listened hum and crackle of the base's systems, but then he realized something and he moved to the construction yard. Upon entry he keyed up the readings to the base and looked at the power supply and demand, while he was looking the monititor was replaced with a Omnius communication.

"Ikara, you've neglected something it would seem." rumbled Omnius

"So it would seem..." responded Ikara.

"I shall deal with it, when day dawns, we will focus our efforts on a new windtrap, it will delay our progress on the new factory, but we need power or we will have troubles."

"Yes M'lord"

"How did you let this happen while I was ofline?" demanded the Evermind

"We were approached by members of another house, I was detained. But I shall do better."

"Yes you shall, Now that I am operational. Countinou with your business."

The connection stopped and Ikara was left starring at his monitor in the beeping and clicks of the base.

--- Orders ---

-Infantry/ trooper perimiter.

-harest, build.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 06:52   #184
mrmao
oh...sexy...

umm my money is still on the fremen(read origanl dune Sadukar who be the biggest baddest troops in the galaxy probably equiped with las guns suffered hurendous cassualties from fremen with knives),plus it is hard to kill one guy from orbit let alone a fremen guy.

okay anyway
---------------
500cr
---------------

Garison-18 light infantry, 1tropper dude
---------------

Construction
Command center- light factory(250), 2xwind traps(600)

Troop center-10 light infantry(1000)
--------------
orders
Caryall-duh
infantry-dig in
Duncan-well sleep till tomorrow i guess
--------------

Gurney smiled as the men who had voluntered for traing from the smugglers began to dig in rifle pits seting up crossfires for anyone who wanted to move in here. The pits wern't as hidden as Gurney would have preferred but there was always tomorow. With that last though Gurney went back inside the stietch he was tired and needed sleep that was one of the earmaks of a veteran would take sleep when he could get it.

Occ/goes to that out of character bar mentionrd and gets a nice forsty pint of guiness(the first irish bad thought)
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 07:25   #185
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmao
umm my money is still on the fremen(read origanl dune Sadukar who be the biggest baddest troops in the galaxy probably equiped with las guns suffered hurendous cassualties from fremen with knives),plus it is hard to kill one guy from orbit let alone a fremen guy.
I disgress... the Sardukar didn't have lasguns. Lasguns are not standard-issue weapons at that point in time- the Fremen WERE known to use Shields when the situation called for it... and you all know what the effect of a Lasgun-Holtzmann shield interaction is.

Secondly, I didn't say my men on the ground would live. I'm not even going to kid myself on that. But they'll be avenged... oh yes And Crazy's little band, ripped from Dune: House Atraedies, will end up as just another speck of dust on Dune's... dunes

I don't like it, wish things could end up better. But this is a war... a war for the most priceless planet in the galaxy. I'll wet the sands with the blood of every single man, woman, and child on the planet if it'll secure me victory.

Fortunately, I only have to kill anyone who resists.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 07:47   #186
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

KH - You have yet to spot the fremen and you cannot see any fremen around the BTS. If you wish to proceed blast it open or something, don't wait for me

And you can take villages over btw just not when they are neutral... (well you can - but you'll incur the wrath of the empire)

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:05   #187
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

House Terminatus
Industrious, Resourceful, Xenophobic, Technocracy

+50% to Production limits
+25% to Harvester capacity
Base Defense turrets have double the normal hitpoints
All other structures receive +1 to AP
Buildings are immune to capture
+ 25% to unit FP

credits: 12,450 left over from last turn

850 gained from harvester

current credits: 13,300

Outpost 17823

Current buildings:

Upgraded Construction Yard (2250 Construction Capacity)
Upgraded Infantry Barracks (750 Construction Capacity)
Radar Outpost
Refinery + harvester
Wind Trap (generates 200MW power due to the polar sink)
75/200 being used

Construction

Upgraded Construction yard:
Light Factory – 1250
Spice Silo – 150
Upgrade Light Factory - 500
Wind Trap 300
2200/2250 used

Upgraded Infantry Barracks:
5 Trooper Infantry – 750
750/750 used

Current garrison

Carryall
16 Light Infantry

Credits left over: 10,350

--------------------------------------

RP

Perturabo Winced slightly as the device was inserted into his spine, the malechendrites twitching in reaction to this before he stood up and put his overcoat back on, malechendrites popping out from under the coat, snapping in experimentation.

"they should come in handy for later at least"

With himself only lightly modified compared to the rest of the houses soldiers it gave the advantage of the appearence that the house was complying with the law, as the harvester was returned and taken out again once depositing its spice, the radar tower looming up and casting a shadow over the continued building of the base, troopers and light infantry taking up defensive positions, only 2 of each type while the rest stayed inside, no enemy being detected on inbound didn't mean anything to Perturabo as everyone was on a high state of alert.

Perturabo walked over to the radar building and went inside, mainly to get out of the cold and secondly to check the stations, he could almost feel storms coming soon, it was just his luck. He turned to his mentat

"see if you can arrange a communication with houses Urbanica and Iruxas, they are scientific in their ways and could perhaps be potential allies in this struggle, at least in the start, see what you can do about contacting the smugglers too, it would be useful to have their services"

Last edited by Evil_Ginge; 12 Aug 2004 at 18:14.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:08   #188
mrmao
oh...sexy...

yeah but remeber shields also attract worms, and avengingthem with a gun form orbit?
try finding an ant in a six foot sand box nearly next top impossible, and if you start bombarding the surface well that would seem really strange to everyone and you would be demed insane and i'm guessing the emporer dosen't wan't a madman capable of bomboing arakkis. I know i wouldn't want a madman with a gun tomy head and if you bomabard arrakis you have a gun to the head of millions
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:24   #189
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Hewitt - What about the protection offered by the villages, wouldn't that cause Corrino to get pissed and attack the house?
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:48   #190
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Hewitt are the designs for my units that i sent you ok?

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 17:36   #191
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] Oh Lakhim, I was looking over the old posts and I guess that thing of you being my rival was old news so having alliances is all fine and dandy. [ooc/]
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:03   #192
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

[ooc] That was only if you got attacked, as my house would have jumped to your aid...but now [/ooc]
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:12   #193
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

[ooc] so any of the houses i just sent communications to going to reply? [/ooc]

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:54   #194
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] Have a little faith Ginge, Ii'm getting to it. And Lakhim yes I kinda gathered that, but I just said that so you know I won't be activly seeking you out above all else. [/ooc]

Ikara was awaken by a chime of a incomming communication, having driftted to sleep in the construction yard. He quickly scrambled all his communication signals and took a round about sender route, to making tracking him impossible.

"I am Ikara of House Iruxas. What is the reason for your communication?"
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:02   #195
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

The dull slightly metallic tone of the mentat called out to Perturabo to tell him that the communication had been received and replied by Ikara of house Iruxas, Perturabo walked calmnly over to the communications shelter and grabbed the microphone and spoke to Ikara

"I am Perturabo of house Terminatus, the reason for my communication is an offering of peace between our houses, and an allience to be hopefully struck between us"

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:10   #196
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

ooc: Yeah yeah, I'm getting to it. I'll accept. Three way alliance?
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:12   #197
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

ooc: sounds good to me, well this is of course until when we have to turn on each other as everyone ele is crushed

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:40   #198
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] you may be missing the Xenophobic part of my house, Its gonna take a little more than a message of peace before they trust anyone. [/ooc]

"Peace? That is a very intresting offer, but how can I be sure of your truth, this is a war is it not?"
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:54   #199
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

[ooc] i'm xenophobic as well, but at least i;m trying :'( lol [/ooc]

"Everyone in war needs an ally to aid in the attack of others, to grow strong together and wipe out all those that oppose us"

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:57   #200
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

A loud ringing tone causes Lakhim to accidentally push a pile of papers labeled "important" and "urgent" of his desk, disturbed by the sudden noise. He picks up the phone, mumbling a slight curse at being disturbed from his work.

"Yes, what is it Grethal?"

"Apparently a representative from house "Terminatus" is on the line, they say that they want to talk to you about something important in private."

"All right then, put them through, and get someone in here to clean up all of these papers while I'm taking to House Terminatus"

ooc: I haven't done this in a long time...forgive me for my rustiness.