User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 22 Mar 2004, 18:47   #51
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: mech wars, the rise of man

Wo2: After what seemed like an eternity you hear the whizzing of air past your stealth drop pod, the sound quickly decreasing as the massive air resistance slows your pod from several km/s to only a few hundred m/s before the counter drive charges activate, rapidly decreasing your speed to survivable amounts as you hit the ground. The sound of crunching metal below you indicated that whatever you landed on wasn't wearing an awfull lot of armor. When you step out of the remains of the pod you notice a broken barrel lying just a little in front of your battlesuit, behind you and under the pod lie the torched, broken and mangled remains of a cybrid defender tank. Your passive scanners indicate your drop pod hit its target and you're a mere 400 meters from the enemy base inner-perimeter, there is a lot of activity but they don't appear to have noticed your landing.

Hewitt: oops, you took armor damage now. Fortunately for you the incoming missiles where only LRMs and thus unguided projectiles, their explosions blowing away a decent amount of soil from where you were standing and you quickly realise that a couple of hits from those missiles would not be survivable by any light mech.

Fluffie: The cybrid responded quickly, faster then you would expect, as it backstepped your missiles and launched a volley of SLRMs and LRMs at your mech just as you land, the enemy mech itself apparently reasonably undamaged apart from a large amount of scratches on its armor, its buddies aren't happy now tough and they both rush for you, their LLCs firing to the best of their capicity.

ooc/ just for those who don't know, cybrids are computers, their mechs don't have pilots, just computers /ooc

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 18:55   #52
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Alright then."

Muttering to himself, Fluffie's Mech turns itself about again, facing the whole three enemy Cyrbids. Pressing the trigger hard, very hard, that itself has no effect. The result of the pressing does, however, as all Machine Guns open up, only to remain firing until Fluffie is certain they are down.

As for the incoming Missiles, his hand swiftly activates the AMS, trying to lead the incoming projectiles away from his as good as he can. The Mech itself continues its circling movement at a high pace, the pilot inside hoping that he'll get backup, fast.

And, despite the succes or non-succes of the AMS, Fluffie's own SRM's open up shortly after it has done its job, attacking each Mech with four Missiles.

"Really could use a hand. Please?"
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 20:24   #53
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm, to late for me to join?
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 20:43   #54
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

oh crap!

activates his mechs shields to minimize damage and waits for the missles to get close then sidesteps with the jumpjets, however one of the missles impact anyway causing the mech to shake as the gyro trys to compensate

arrgh i hate them damn missles and acs

targets one of the mechs rushing fluffie and runs the engine up to full, once in range mc targets the mechs head ****pit area and fires the gattling laser and particle cannon at where the mechs hip actuator will be, he then waits for lock and fires the srms

eat that ya dirty bastard
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 21:05   #55
LividCoffee

LividCoffee is an unknown quantity at this point

Coffee raises his mechs sword above its head and charges at full speed towards the nearest enemy mech.

As he aproaches the mech starts to open fire but Coffee allows them to be absorbed by his shields.

When he gets closer Coffee presses the jumpjet button and leans his mech forward, making his mech speed towards the enemy.

The enemy mech tries a futile attemp to sidestep but before it really realised what had happened the sword pierces its armour. at this same moment Coffee fires his PC at point blank into the mechs head.
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 21:11   #56
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] That wasn't what I meant Hewitt. I realize what I was saying was vauge, but what I was trying to say is the 90 Kph or 90Mph is still slow in comparrison to my Elemental design. [/ooc]

Well that went well. I kinda pity that tank but hey, it was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

*Varis looked around the imediate area and noticed he was in the clear. That was amazing luck. He spotted some cover near by and made his way carefully to it. He reached it then put is back to it and began to think of how to proceed. First he needed to know what he was up against. He leaned out slowly from behind the rock and looked at the area around him.*

I need away into that base without being seen. I'm not built for fighting. Mabey If I can find the others...No that would draw to much attention. Its best I remian hidden.

Last edited by Wo2; 22 Mar 2004 at 21:25.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:02   #57
flapjack
crashed computer

Fluffie: Despite your efforts to evade the LRMs, 1 of them manages to hit your right arm, damaging it heavily. The other however misses while the 2 SLRMs are drawn towards your beacon and explode harmlessly on the ground. Your weapons all hit home on the missile mech, your 2 SRMs smashing into its side and masses of bullet rounds slamming into it, smoke pours from various holes in its torso as its right missile launchers seem to jam, a moment later all 3 mechs open fire on you again, sending 10 LLC shots, 2 LRMs and 2 SLRMs as well as 4 SSRMs at you.

Bakan: Late joining is obviously allowed, but expect a rough landing now that they know we're coming

Mad Cat: Your shot hits home and the first of the Cybrid is literally blown off its feet from the blast, its main hip actuator breaking away as your MPC literally blows a hole through the mech's armor, your SRMs as a result however fly slightly high and miss their target.

Coffee: unfortunately, cybrid mechs don't have a head nor a c*ckpit, thus your PC shot misses, however you do now have a cybrid mech impaled on your sword and any shots fired from either arm or your torso will automatically hit, i don't have to note however that this goes both ways round. The cybrid's torso is heavily damaged

Wo2: There is a crude wall around the inner-perimeter and there are only a few openings, there are a lot of forces at the south entrance tough and the north entrance appears to be empty bar 1 or 2 light tanks, if you time it right you could sneak past them easily as they don't appear very watchfull, not to mention your signature is almost 0 at the moment whereas the base defenses have all been powered up, the immediate area is empty bar a small sensor station directly above you. Traces of smoke from the sensor station however clearly indicate it was at the very least heavily damaged some time ago

Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:26   #58
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

"Oooh **** this."

Cursing in his ****pit, Fluffie punches the Jumpjets again, sending his Mech, rather roughly, flying both up and backwards at the same time, trying to dodge the non-locked weapons. As fast as possible, more beacons are released, while Fluffie continues spraying ammunition at his foes, the bigger Machine Gun in his damaged arm jammed and the arm itself not really being very wieldy.

He swears some more, sending those Cybrids to oblivion already, but only in his head. As his flight continues, hopefully unstruck by missiles as he did release quite some Anti Missile beacons, he eventually launches more SRM's, 2 from each Launcher, headed for the Missile Mech... Unless it, of course, had already been destroyed by the still ongoing hail of Machine Gun fire. In that case, the Missiles streak through the air and hit one of the other Mechs, while Fluffie's own touches down again, beginning to move as quickly as it can, trying to dodge shots and evade a lock-on, while at the same time trying his utmost to keep his weapons firing...
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 22:49   #59
LividCoffee

Coffee curses as his PC misses the top of the enemy mech.

The cybrid manages to let off one of its missiles into Coffee's mechs's torso burning out the remainder of its shield and scortching his armour

"Arrrrggggghhhhhhaaaa!!!!!!!"

Coffee mashes the fire buttons for all his mechs weapons at the same time. All shots hit the mech with such force that it is blown right off his sword and collapses into the dust.

Coffee leaps his mech onto the fallen Cybrid mech and begins to smash his sword into its already damaged torso over and over again.

"Taste my fury!!!! Bwahahahah!"
Unread 22 Mar 2004, 23:02   #60
flapjack
crashed computer

Fluffie: Your bullets slam into the missile mech torso and rip more and more holes into it, your 2 SRMs (only 1 missile per launcher, ONLY javelins may launch more then 1 per launcher per post) strike the mech and 1 of them flies into a hole in the armour and straight on into the fusion reactor, the mech promptly collapses as the reactor begins overloading, the outside quickly turning bright red from the heat.

Coffee: your sword penetrates deep into the already damaged Cybrid, striking its fusion core and sending of stream of super-heated plasma into your mech's c*ckpit which immediatly activates the eject sequence, thinking your mech has overloaded and is about to blow. A moment later your world turns black as you're launched from your mech. Below you and not seen to you, your mech self-destructs and adds to the general carnage on the enemy cybrid.

ooc/ i don't like players who determine what happens, they get blown up, you're still alive tough and can start out with a new mech in the next mission, oh and fluffie, try not to get close to that downed mech or you'll go flying as well /ooc

Unread 23 Mar 2004, 00:10   #61
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Shoody patrols. Well I shouldn't complain.

*Varis watched the two tanks for a few minutes to get there patteren down pat and then mad his move. Moving from tree to rock to rubble, he worked his way slowly to the entrance. He got close enough to clearly make out details on the tanks. He wait a little longer for his moment, then made a dash. He had his sights set on stack of supply crates to hide behind.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 00:25   #62
LividCoffee

"Shit! mech down, mech down. Over."

As his ejected seat lands onto the dusty moon Coffee, looking extreamly pissed off, unclips himself from the seat belt and begins to trudge the 5 miles back to the drop ships.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 01:05   #63
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Duke soars well over the battlefield, circling like a buzzard for some time. He then watches as one mech leaps onto another and then watches as they both explode. There is a small dot that rockets up and Duke picks up that it is an ejector seat. After realizing that the pilot is now safe, Duke wheels off and swoops in low over the rugged terrain. He turns his weapons over to GLC, to conserve the missiles. He locks on to the mass of fire and metal that was once two mechs, and pulls the trigger. A long almost continuos beam lances out and further destroys the mechs. Then he regains altitude and soars off about a mile, until he is safe to land, where he awaits the downed mechy.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 01:27   #64
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

runs his mech up to the downed mech and gloats a little being carefull not to get in front of any weapons

hey guys what should i do with it, slag it or, wait do we have slavage capabilitys?

ooc-do we?-ooc
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 11:15   #65
flapjack
crashed computer

Wo2: Neither of the tanks notice your rush across the bit of terrain and you're now in a small supply bunker, out the back entrance you can see your primary target clearly, the base's primary reactor, is being defending by a dozen turrets and some tanks. The turrets however draw power from the reactor so if it's destroyed you'll be left with a couple of tanks to deal with. Out far away you see 2 pillars of smoke and debris flying high into the sky, indicating the destruction of at least 2 mechs

Disrupter: Your short flight through the debris cloud generated by the massive explosion stalls your engine, which you'll now have to reset before you have a violent encounter with the ground. Oh and did i mention a fusion explosion is very bad, 2 fusion explosions in rapid succession on a small area pretty much garantues there isn't anything but molten slag in the immediate area.

Mad cat: You don't have any salvage ability, only mechs with empty weapon slots on their arms have salvage capabilities, but your dropships each took 1 mech and they can easily carry 2 or even 3 mechs each, so they can salvage these downed mechs once the fight is over.

Unread 23 Mar 2004, 14:09   #66
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Oh dear."

Having watched the rather uncomforting scene of two Mechs exploding seconds before, Fluffie's Jumpjets come to life again, quickly rushing the Jumper Mech backwards, the lighter Machine Guns still firing at the target as it goes.

Inside the ****pit, Fluffie crosses his fingers and hopes he's out of the blast zone...
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 14:50   #67
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

"Now that was close."

*Having avoided the LRM's, Hewitt shoves his mech into full throttle and powers on towards the enemy mechs. However, the others get there first and by the time he gets to the new battle zone all the enemy mechs appear to have been taken care of.

He shakes his head however when he does a quick review of the friendlies. One unlucky soul managed to get his mech stuck to a cybrid as it exploded while another had charged in head first only to have all three enemy mechs round up on him. His mech was looking pretty banged up.*

"Ok peeps, I suggest we stick together for the next couple of legs if yer all don't wish to be walking along the way."

*Hewitt then notices the banged up mech as it jumps back from a rapidly overheating cybrid machine.*

"Oh that can't be good...."

*Not wanting a full on fusion explosion in his face Hewitt aims for the mech a gives it one good salvo from his twin MLC's, hoping to destroy the disabled reactor before it can reach full nuclear potential.*

ooc: I have an empty slot, can I salvage gear?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 15:39   #68
flapjack
crashed computer

Fluffie: As the mech goes critical and explodes, you're thrown even further backwards, super-heated air stream across your mech and bringing your heat levels way up, a few moments later it's all over and your mech appears to have landed on its back, your heat levels are deep in the red and you'll have to wait a while before you can fire weapons again, but the armor indicators tell you that apart from some dents in the back of your torso, that blast didn't do any damage.

Hewitt: As your shots hit the reactor goes critical, a small fusion explosion bathes the area and hits your mech, sending the heat levels up way high but not doing any further damage. oh and hewitt, may i note the ARMs part to the mounts, you can't salvage things without hands, hands are automatically attached to empty arm mounts

all but Wo2: heat levels rise to high due to fusion explosion, wait a while before you can start firing weapons again

Unread 23 Mar 2004, 15:57   #69
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

"Anyone for BBQ?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 17:07   #70
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie smiled inside his ****pit, getting his Mech in an upright position again, having a good look around. The smile was because of Hewitt's nice little comment.

"Yeah, sure. Ain't got no nothing better to do now, eh?"

Meanwhile, he eyes the battlefield, as well as his heatindicators. Waiting for the latter to give him the all clear, and the first to remain empty.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 22:29   #71
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Instead of pulling up and away, as he previously thought he had due to the heat () Duke's Hawk instead pulls up rather sharply before going into a nose dive at almost maximum speed. Preparing for the worst, Duke scrambles through the restart up proceedure and manages to restart the Hawk moments before he became one with the planets surface. Duke fires the thrusters at full power, but they short out do to heat and the Hawk falls the remaining 20 feet to the surface.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 06:15   #72
Mad cat

smirks at hewitt's comment and catches sight of the hawk when it fires its thrusters and watches in mild horor as the plane crashes

we'v got a downed aerotech, im going in to check for a survivor

walks the mech up to the crash site while releasing a little extra coolant to lower the heat
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 16:17   #73
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

"Roger that. I'll provide cover and when the all clear is given, proceed to the next nav point over."

*Hewitt turns his light mech and pulls alongside the other friendly as it makes it's way to the downed fighter. Hewitt sweeps his torso back and forth during the small trip on the look out for enemy cybrids.

He is not worried about the heat build up.

For Hewitt knows that in the sub-zero temperatures of the moon his mech will be ready to fire before any new threat emerges.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:18   #74
flapjack
crashed computer

all but Wo2/disrupter: Your heat indicators drop back down to green levels, indicating that most of the excess heat has been dumped into the surrounding area

Disrupter: You awake to see 2 mechs standing in front of your c*ckpit, your wings a few hundred meters behind them and a lot of red and yellow flashy lights telling you about the obvious damage to your fighter.... You're down and out.

Mad cat: When you finish moving across the small distance, the pilot is just waking up, he appears to be mostly unharmed if you don't count his fighter missing its wings.

Hewitt: Your scanners pick up the base's outer-perimeter only a few miles away, it's time to attack !

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:23   #75
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie's Mech forms up besides Hewitt's, adjusting his course and speed. Readying his weapons again, he silently waits for the action.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 21:43   #76
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Duke punches the dashboard of his fighter since it is maimed and crippled. The ejection seat is fired and Duke is hurled severl dozen feet straight up, only to land several yards from the closest friendly mech.

"Can I get a lift?" he asks the pilot.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 05:03   #77
Wo2
The Janitor!

*Varis watch on the horizon as the smoke pillars were joined by a large explosion and he watched as a Aerotech got caught in the blast radius and fell from the sky.*

To many losses already. I hope we make it out of here. Now I have a mssion.

*Varis moved about inside the supply bunker in a attempt to find anything usefull. After scouring for a few minutes, he realizes everything in here is far too big for his suit to use. He heads for the door and activates his zoom lens, He needs to find cover, thats closer to the Reactor. While he his look he also wtachs the two tanks on their patrol run, to see if any get close enough to the reactor that planting a Demo charge on one could bring it down.*
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 06:38   #78
Mad cat

sure hop on and hold on

crouches the mech down as far as possibleso the pilot can jump up

btw did you catch sight of that base? id like a little more than just sketchy estimates
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 11:21   #79
flapjack
crashed computer

Wo2: The tanks stay to far away from the reactor, your only chance is if you can get a charge on the reactor itself, however there is little cover between the reactor and you there is only a 100 yard open space to cover, on the other side of the reactor appears to be a small bunker filled with infantry. Perhaps you could run across, hopefully undetected, and then hide out that bunker, seeing as how infantry is nothing more then a minor nuisance

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 14:08   #80
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt turns to the two mechs now beside him then smiles grimly. One mech was fairly banged up while the other was now carrying two pilots instead of one. What should've been an easy mission was now looking some what complicated.*

"Ok peeps. Let's make a run for the money shall we?"

*Turning his light war machine towards the last nav point indictating the enemy base, Hewitt can't help but chuckle grimly. "Here goes nothing...."*

"Onwards!"

*Hewitt makes a kind of waving gesture with his mech before it powers away at full throttle.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 15:02   #81
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie's "banged up" Jumper Mech follows Hewitt's lead, keeping on his righthand side. Weapons ready, pilot ready. Now there was a big need of targets. Tee hee.

//

Sorry for using the thread for this... But Hewitt, the Nietzsche (sp...) quote in your sig, did you take it from BGII?
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 19:30   #82
Mad cat

follows hewitt's mech on the right side and watches for extra movement
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 22:12   #83
flapjack
crashed computer

hewitt: Out of nowhere you suddenly notice several radar locks on you, followed immediatly by 2 hits from LLCs. A moment after that missiles are launcher from an LRM turret behind the Laser turrets that just fired at you.

fluffie: Hewitt is suddenly fired upon as he comes over a small hill, you quickly realised there must be turrets on the other side

Mad cat: Hewitt is suddenly fired upon as he comes over a small hill, Disrupter informs you these are the turrets of the outer-perimeter and that'll soon come to the main base.

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 01:58   #84
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: Nah, I actually got it off some online comic.

BEEEEEEEPPPP!!!

LRM. LRM. LRM.

"@#%$!"

*Cursing loudly as his mech becomes the center of cybrid attention, Hewitt shoves his jumpjet controls into the forward left position and gives them full power.

He even takes the time to launch an AMS.

Since the Jumper was located on the crest of a hill, Hewitt soon finds himself flying off the ground. As his AMS heads for the enemy missiles, Hewitt cuts the jets and lets the moon's weak gravity pull him back the few feet to the ground.

As soon as the mech lands with a steady thump, Hewitt is away again at full throttle turning back to the right to come round on the cybrid defences. He doesn't go straight for the closest turret opting instead to torso twist inward as he lines up for a shot while his mech goes around in an arc. Aimming from this position is still fairly easy and gives the added bonus of making him a moving target - a more difficult target.

As the LLC turret blasts away, Hewitt returns fire with his 'Tommy Gun'-like gatling lasers. Every time his mech goes over a bump it slightly throws his aim off but it is only a matter of seconds before the small defence structure is turned into metal slag.*

"That's one."

*Not stopping, Hewitt continues on in his lazy arc and draws up to the enemy missile turret. Thinking that another missile volley will most likely come his way, Hewitt re-directs his jumpjets and punches them again...

...flying right at the missile turret.

Praying that he is moving too fast for this to be suicide, Hewitt rapidly closes the distance between himself and his target. Once he's close enough Hewitt hits a big red button with a black and yellow hazard stripe background.*

"God I hate missiles."

*The label reads: 'ALPHA STRIKE'.

Suddenly every single weapon erupts from the light mech causing missiles, bullets and lasers to bare down on the enemy missile platform. With his jump jets now exhausted and his heat signatures creeping upwards Hewitt hopes like hell that it is enough to blow the heavy turret into oblivion otherwise he is pretty much screwed.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 26 Mar 2004 at 05:37.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 10:07   #85
flapjack
crashed computer

hewitt: The LLC turret burned quicker then you tought and didn't even manage to hit you, the missile turret proves even less sturdy as its missile stores explode while you're right over it, by the time you can actaully see something again you can nothing but curse as you slam into the second missile turret, breaking off the vulnerable launchers and sending you tumbling over forward.

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 18:42   #86
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie's Mech begins arcing the other way, opening fire (if there are targets) in a similar fashion to Hewitt. Only Fluffie only uses his heaviest Machine Gun and a SRM every now and then...
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 20:01   #87
Mad cat

as fluffie and hewitt peel off to the sides mad cat simply drives straight down the ridge between them he targets one of the llcs and lets loose a volly of lasre fire into the bulky turret followed shortly after by an mpc beam and a burst of heavy machine-gun fire

that should be good, why the hell am i talking to myself?

continues on past the burning wreakage of the llc that hewitt wasted and the broken lrm launcher and slows to a stop beside hewitt's mech which is lying flat on its "face" and chuckles:

having a little trouble keeping your feet?

waits a little for the mech to start getting back up then speeds back up and heads for the main base all the while keeping a careful watch on his radar for turrets etc
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 20:20   #88
flapjack
crashed computer

Fluffie: You quickly demolish the right LLC and Missile turret, the LLC simply riddled with holes and the LRM turret in pieces across a large area after its ammo exploded.

Mad cat: Your laser fire apparently disables the turret, the following MPC beam shoots right through the turret and the base of the LRM turret, leaving a decent sized hole in the ground behind the LRM turret.

You can also all see the enemy base clearly on your scanners, there are at least 2 more enemy mechs, a dozen tanks and equal amounts of turrets, as well a thick reinforced wall all around the complex

Unread 27 Mar 2004, 15:58   #89
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

"Oh ha ha. Very cute."

*Punching the required controls all the while still muttering curses under his breath, Hewitt's mech slowly climbs back into an upright position next to Mad cat. About ten metres in front of him he spots the offending LRM turret that had caused his small 'trip' now laying silently on it's side.*

"Well at least I secured some salvage... heh."

*Doing a quick system check, Hewitt loosens up the throttle before shoving it back into full gear. His mech shudders a bit at first thanks to a whole heap of moon grit stuck in various places but it only takes a moment before his mech is cruising again. Doing the standard torso sweep, Hewitt follows closely behind Mad cat as he makes for the enemy cybrid base. Hewitt whistles at the number of red dots scattered all over his scanner screens.*

"Well peeps, if you've been bored up until now I think you'll be in luck for some entertainment pretty soon."

*Hewitt continues onward, weapons ready for the first target to enter his maximum range.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 19:29   #90
Wo2
The Janitor!

Hmm... Odd place for a infantry bunker. Oh well take what you get.

*Varis began his trek to the bunker, remaining as hiding as he could. He quickly found himself near the bunker. Preparing himself he ducked into the doorway and found himself staring at about a dozen started infantry. One began a dash to a alarm on the far wall but Varis crossed the gap and had smashed the infantry with his suits free fist. He then turned to the other infantry and back handed the nearest, sending him spwaling against the far wall with a crack. Varis saw a panel that would close the door, so he ran to it, with small arms fire bouncing off him, and ligtly pressed the button. The door slid shut. He then brought his machine gun to bear and began to rip into the infantry. The reason he had shut the door was to mask the noise and heat signature. His bullets ripped into the a few infantry and quickly turned them into bloodied corpse. He then opened to door once more and looked out at his target.*

That was... Easy. I hope I wan't detected.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 20:20   #91
flapjack
crashed computer

Wo2: The infantry is quickly wiped out and it appears as if nobody noticed the major amounts of noice you just made, instead everyone is massing up at 1 of the gates and you quickly realise that your friends must be close by, the time to take out the reactor is now

Unread 29 Mar 2004, 20:46   #92
Mad cat

all right every body CHEAAARRGE!!!

mc throws the throttle into full foreward and races towards the base at top speed, he activates the jumpjets and moves from side to side to minimize the chance of succesful lock and being hit constantly strafing the area with laser fire, when he is about 200m from the wall he heads straight for it and fires the rear jjs sending his mech up and over the wall
Unread 29 Mar 2004, 22:14   #93
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Not following Mad Cat's lead just yet, Fluffie's Mech once again stays alongside Hewitt's, deciding to take this the slow and... relaxing way. Or something. Who knows what was waiting in there... Tee hee.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 02:35   #94
Wo2
The Janitor!

Mission time

*Varis saw one of the allied Battle Mech fly over the wall and land with a loud thump. The turret surrounding the the Reactor turned to face the new attacker, Varis took this as his chance and ran out of the Bunker at full tilt, to the reactor. With his free hand he reached into his backpack and pulled out a demo charge, which he set up so he would only need to set one button to activate the timer. With his 20mm Machine gun he opened fire on the nearest turret, at close range he was able to make out details on it and his line of fire acred towards the power connectors. Cutting along the ground Varis reached the Reactor and slammed the charge on the Reacotor. He quickly pressed the Arm button and turned to the gate. He moved his fire to a new turret, with the other out of his line of fire before he could see if he had done damage. He began a full charge to the wall and prepared his jump jets to go over the wall. He then made a thought and his Nerrual link with his battlesuit acctivated his comm system.*

Comm: This is Varis to all human mech's. The reactor is Gonna blow. I would suggest backing off."
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 09:08   #95
flapjack
crashed computer

Hewitt: Just as the first turrets come into range, you see a massive explosion occuring inside the cybrid base. Surprisingly the SLRM and LRM turrets that appeared to be ready to fire, haven't fired yet.

Fluffie: Just as the first turrets come into range, you see a massive explosion occuring inside the cybrid base. Surprisingly the SLRM and LRM turrets that appeared to be ready to fire, haven't fired yet.

MC: as you come over the wall, you get a message to scram on a friendly frequency, but before you can even react a small battlesuit jumps over the wall and you're hit with wave of heat and debris. A few moments later you realise that the reactor didn't go critical but fractured instead, a few more moments after that you realise there are now 12 defender tanks, 14 cybrid light tanks, a hundred infantrists and 2 mechs turning to face you and reduce you to a smoldering heap metal. Oh and your mech's heat indicator is deep into the yellow area.

Wo2: As you come over the wall the friendly mechpilot lands on the ground, a few moments later your charge goes off and breaches the reactor, sending hot plasma in all directions. Fortunately the 4 LLC turrets you landed between appear to have gone offline

Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:50   #96
Seraphim
Bringer Of Light

Seraphim is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: mech wars, the rise of man

lol im so stupid didnt read well

orig mssg:

aite here we go...

backup's on route boyz

Mech:

Name: Seraph
appearance: tall, skinny, not too skinny, blonde hair, usually spikes-like hair, not a light-weight (but still skinny)
History: Just completed training, but allready approved for combat due to his excellent gunning skills. Has a tendecy of getting seasick in a mech if it runs too much. Always has music on, and is rational in the battle itself, but before the battle a cunning tactician. Has proven his worth in the attack on (some colony) by the cybrid forces. Prefers firepower over armor.

Mech: (har har)
Cheetah class scout mech

Class: Scout mech
Chassis weight/max weight: 15/30 tonnes
Class 1 LM reactor core
LM mk2 drive - no weight increase
Standard deflector shields - 2 tons

Arnaments

right arm: Particle Cannon - 2 tons
left arm: Dagger - 1 ton

left shoulder: Crossbow Missle Launcher- 2 tons
right shoulder: Crossbow Missle Launcher - 2 tons

c*ckpit left: 20mm Machine Gun - 1 ton
c*ckpit right: 20mm Machine Gun - 1 ton

armor(arms/torso/legs/c*ckpit):5/10/10/5

Arnaments and Shields Tonnage: 11
Chassis Tonnage: 15
4 basic armor on torso: 2
4 basic armor on c*ckpit: 2

total: 30 tons

Additional Mech Info:
tech: 1
special: ECM, long range imaging sensors, LM mk2 drive, Jumpjets.
Nice paintjob on the mech itself.

Last edited by Seraphim; 30 Mar 2004 at 21:02.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 15:49   #97
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: Mate you need to check the fine print - everyone starts off at lvl 1 rank and lvl 1 tech. You can only use the gear with these ratings...

"This is Varis to all human mech's. The reactor is Gonna blow. I would suggest backing off."

"Holy sh-"

*Just as Hewitt's about to slam his mech into reverse the massive explosion rocks the enemy compound.*

"-it. Whoohoo! Now that's more like it!"

*With the enemy turrets now down Hewitt slams his mech to full speed and charges towards the horde of cybrids blocking the main gate. They appear to be turning away and Hewitt just begins to wonder why when he suddenly remembers Mad cats trip over the wall moments eariler.*

"Oh sh.t! He's gonna be toast! MC! You've the whole friggin defence force bearing down on you! Get outta of there!!"

*Wasting no more time, Hewitt slams his jump jets into position and rockets forward towards the enemy. Mad cats forward rush might not have been well thought out but it has now presented both himself and fellow mech warrior Fluffie with an opportunity to catch the cybrid off guard.

Hewitt's mech keeps going until it finally lands with an audible 'thump' around 200 metres away from the main gate. Instantly he singles out a tank in the middle of the pack and blasts it away with an extended blast from his MLC's, hoping to cause some confusion.

Hewitt's movements inside the co(kpit are frantic as he tries to do several things at once. As he is busy grouping his 20mms with his Gatling Guns, he lets loose with a couple of SRM's and also slams the throttle back to a fifth to avoid smacking head first into the enemy.

Hewitt grins as he faces the back of the densely packed enemy... and then unleashes his nwly created rapid-fire weapons group.

The 20mm and laser bolt spray from the Jumper fall upon the tanks, mechs and machines like hailstones upon a row of parked cars. Then for the hell of it Hewitt sticks his SRM's into this group and soon more missiles are exploding among the enemy.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 17:59   #98
Aglarzir

Aglarzir is an unknown quantity at this point

Character:
Name: Aglarzir
Call Sign: Firestorm
Appearance: (later)
History: (later)
Tech lvl: 1
Rank lvl: 1

Vehicle:
Hawk
Class: light fighter/dogfighter
Speed: 800mph cruise, 900mph max, 500mph combat, 120mph stall speed

Weapon Systems:
LW - LM: SRM
RW - LM: SRM
N - LW: Gattling Laser Cannon

Armor:
Bottom: 10
Left Wing: 5
Right Wing: 5
Front: 10
Rear: 5

OOC: Surely engine upgrades and some kind of shielding would be possible on heavier aircraft if not available later on please mister flapjack sir... and maybe a few bombs...
"I Love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Aglarzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 20:51   #99
Mad cat

good ol, element of surprise, bet they werent expecting this

mc pushes a button to start a coolant flush and watches his heat level drop to zero, he then looks towards the oncoming units and smiles

bring it on

fires his gatling laser into the pack of tanks, then he takes careful aim and fires his mpc at the leg of one of the mechs, assuming that his shot has a similar effect it did on the last mech mc turns his attention to the infantry and adds to their midst 20 cal bullets and several srm missiles, he adds a little more coolant to the system to deal with the heat generated by the constant use of his gattling laser, and fires the srms into the tank group

is this the best you can do?

starts the mech walking off to the side while he turns the mechs torso to allow constant fire, seeking some form of cover mc looks around and his eyes lock onto the broken reactor, he grins and looks for the alpha strike button which he quickly finds and presses, the mech and surrounding area are suddenly bathed in multi colored light as all the weapons fire simoltaneously and reduse the remnants of the reactor to slag, mc uses the bright flash of light to his advantage and moves behind a building and shuts down to cool off before anyone can recover their normal eyesight
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 22:34   #100
flapjack
crashed computer

aglarzir/seraphim: Your vehicles would be approved, if it weren't for the fact the mission is almost over. In other words, you'll be starting in the next mission and you'll arrive in what you've got selected now

Hewitt: The tank breaks apart the moment your MLCs hit it, your following combo of weapons blasts then proceeds to take out several tanks and damage 1 of the mechs, as well as wiping out large portions of the enemy infantry

MC: Your heat levels drop to normal quickly, but just as you are about to start the power up sequence a cybrid mech comes around the corner and opens fire.

2x cybrid light mech: unknown design, cybrid light mechs are built Bi-pedal and are supposed to be capable of high speeds, they are however fragile.
class: scout mech.
aprox speed: 100mph
aprox weight: 18 tonnes
weapon mounts:
right arm: light mount (LLC)
left arm: light mount (LLC)
right torso: light missile mount (SSRM) (24 missiles)
left torso: light missile mount (SSRM) (24 missiles)
armor(legs/torso/arms): 10/15/15
danger: 1

Cybrid defender mech: A much seen design that originates from the first cybrid encounters, though it has been improved greatly over its predecessors, these mechs are medium sized, slow, heavy and heavily armored. They feature a plentifull amount of weapons to make them feared amongst the mech warriors.
class: medium defensive mech
aprox speed: 50mph
aprox weight: 44 tonnes
weapon mounts:
right arm: medium mount (MLC)
left arm: medium mount (MLC)
right shoulder: medium mount (PBC)
left shoulder: medium mount (PBC)
right torso: light missile mount (SRM)
center torso: light missile mount (SRM)
left torso: light missile mount (SRM)
armor(legs/torso/arms): 20/25/25
danger: 3

Last edited by flapjack; 31 Mar 2004 at 08:08.