Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 21 Dec 2003, 23:42   #151
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Academy of Psychics - Primary Location

ah yes, Siblings.

*AcidK rattled his mind for a little on the old Telepathics curriculum.*

Right, What you had performed then was what we call 'tagging' a mind string. There are three mind strings that are around and will be tested on during the theory exam at the end. these are:

Siblings (Current Thoughts)
Eblings (Recent Memories/Vivid Memories)
Hellbrings (Forgotten Memories/Hidden Memories)

Tagging is a form of anchoring onto these mind strings so you have a strong hold on a mind, when something is tagged it takes a lot of effort destroy that tag and then move the offending mind out of your head. When tagging a Sibling, however, the anchor is not that strong but you have a constant knowledge of a thought that is tagged and can read it up to just over eight lightyears, take note as that will also be in the exam.

Blocking a Tag/Destroying a Tag:

Tags, when made, are hard to destroy but easy to block from. In terms of Siblings it is easy to do both. To block you must concentrate hard on what you are blocking and to make sure it is behind some form of psychic barrier. Try to block a tag that I shall perform, using only as much effort as your level requires, and stop me from taking a hold opn any of your Siblings. I shall reduce my telepathic strength so it is not too overwhleming (as is always the case when a Master Telepath reads a first-time student of the subject).
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2003, 20:46   #152
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

*Concentrates hard on acid, looking for the tag, when he sees it he concentrates a little harder on the tag and puts it behind a psychic barrier*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2003, 00:56   #153
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK, aware now of a weak barrier, begins to pound it with a little effort to break through.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 21:28   #154
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*concentrates a little harder, blocking acids attempt to break through*

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 29 Dec 2003, 00:33   #155
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK smiles a little as he reaches a little resistance, so he simply increases the intensity of his telepathic 'invasion'. AcidK's face cringes a little with the concentration to keep his full potential from unleashing.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 22:19   #156
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] hehe... Sorry. [ooc/]

*Wo2 ran along and came to the next obsticall. He looked ahead and saw a very unremarkable wall. He began to speed his time flow and the world around him began to slow, as it did a odd human shaped opening was visable on the wall, but the opening move about. There would have been no way he could have seen it at normal speed.*

"That can't be it. It's far to easy to get through something like that... It must be a muilt stage challenge."

*Wo2 approached the wall and set his mind on Reflex and Instinct. If he came through that wall and was under fire, he would have to be ready. He looked for a pattern for the gap and found it, he picked up his pace and went through. Once on the other side he caught something out of the side of his eye, his reflexe took over and he leaped in the air just as a Blade was swung at him by a training mech. He quickly landed and rooled out of it's reach. He grabbed a rock from the path and pictured it hitting the mech in the head, it left his hand in blur and did just that. He turned around and froze as a dart flew towards him. He twisted and watched it as it flew close to his nose. He turn again to see a motion sensor attached to a Dart launch. He froze and began to think.*

[ooc] I'll be back [ooc/]
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 03:59   #157
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK now looked up in interest. True, this obsticle was mainly for touching up the old time-shifting and was used widly for the 1st Classers to react with almost lightning speed. Never would he have guessed that a 2nd Class student would be able to be that reflective and agile, even with the speed he was in.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 04:56   #158
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

[ooc] the part that delays my posts here is the fact, I have to make up these obsticles on my own. But hey i'm having fun. I figure it must be fun having each new student run a diffrent course. [ooc/]

*Wo2 stood there starying the deivice in the eye. He wondered what he would do and what lay beyond it. With the extra time granted him by his current time state wo2 came up with a theory; with time around accelrrated it would appear, to devices like this that he was a blur. A motion detector always has a minimum speed threshold before it will detect motion, if it didn't it would be set off far to easily. So if he was too slow time around him to a point where he was moving under that threshold, he should be able to pass right by it, but the world around him would pass at such a speed he couldn't react to any new threat in time. He had no other choice at the time so he diecided to do it. He slowed time around him and in what seemed like seconds had made it outside the senors range. Having reached that point he speed his time again and the world slowed, just in time to see a wall of energy approaching him. His reflexs took over again and sent him firing through a barely visable opening in the forcefield, sending him, on his stomach, on the other side.*

"That was... Close..."

[ooc] Would you like a little more? If so i'll post it when I get more time. [ooc/]
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 05:12   #159
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
Nah, i beleive that would be enough for now
-ooc-

*AcidK began to beam in the background as Wo2 had just, in fact, leapt over the finish line, where the forcefeild protected. He stood up and walked to the downed Wo2.*

You alright?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 05:32   #160
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] Great [ooc/]

*Groan* "Aside from a sore nose, a few scrapes and bruises, I think i'm allright. Well how'd I do?"
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 02:06   #161
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Much better than I expected... I can see you mind is a little strained, but that's always expected, even from me. Now, the next level of your teachings would be to heal your wounds. This can cause a lot of stress on the mind and is not as effective as the telemorphic healing, but is still useful when you are in need to heal yourself. The trick is to focus the barriers of the time/space onto the wounds and reverse time upon them. This doesn't work then you're trying to heal fatal wounds or decapitation (ie, stabs to the heart, lost limbs, etc). Try this with your wounds, but be careful not to go too fast, that way it'll make a very awfully weak scar and, sometimes, can make your body too young to cope (ie, sress to suddenly shrinking muscles and bones).
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 20:46   #162
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

:: closes his eyes and pushes a little on the resistance, blocking acids furthur attempts ::

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 13:59   #163
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
Please Ginge, a little more RP. I feel like I'm RPing for you.
-ooc-

*AcidK reaches the little resistance grow a little before pushing to 2nd class standards, which was almost double what he was pushing at the time. Ginge would either fly backwards in the gulf of the strength or have a large headache suddenly.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 14:50   #164
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*The effort on his face this time is clearly shown, sweat dripping on his forehead as a massive headache forms in his frontal lobes, only just managing to block the attept, destroying the tag as it came to him

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 18:28   #165
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK tries again, this time lowering the power of the tag, but instead punding from every direction.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 14:58   #166
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*Senses the oncoming barrage and braces his mind for the onslaught, blocking each tag in turn, the pain of the headache still in his mind, mouth drops with the pain of extended concentration of the multiple tags and he sags to one knee, blocking all the tags*

Unread 8 Jan 2004, 16:35   #167
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK subsides slowly, knowing too well that a mind can go overboard if it's concentration of blocking suddenly powered right up.*

Good, you have blocked well... erm... you want some paracetomol or some iboprofen?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 10:50   #168
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*smiles*

"don't worry, i can do this with telemorphics"

*concentrates mildly and repairs one burst vessle near his brain and releases endorphines to stop the pain*

"next lesson?"

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 15:37   #169
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

The next lesson is using the Sibling tag. sure, the sibling tag on it's own is thoughts, but they are also exactly what the mind is doing and, in a computer term, what it is trying to process. We shall do the basics first, which is changing mind strings so that they are what you want them to be. Fir example, if you want someone to think what you are thinking, you do this through Sibling Tags. It is also a form of telepathic speech.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 02:40   #170
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*still smiling from the endorphines he asks

"what would you have me do first acid?"

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 03:44   #171
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

This one takes a lot of skill and concentration on the task at hand. Focus on the sibling tag and make sure you have a sturdy grip on that tag before you do anything. Then concentrate on what you want the Sibling to become, be it movement or a thought. You can even make other people speak for you using them, if you so wish. Try it on anyone other than me, I am afraid my mind is too used to rejecting all kinds of manipulation.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 01:51   #172
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*A passing by student is suddely caught in a cage woven from the very ground of the academy itsself*

"now heres a test subject"

*Closes his eyes and concentrates on the student in hand, he projects his mind forth and catches the students sibling thought, he smiled to himself, it gets easyer it seems he thought, then his forehead creasing with a little more concentration he tried to make the student speak for him, then in a croaky voice the student spoke*

"how is... this... acid?"

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 05:30   #173
Wo2
The Janitor!

"Well although how this is acomplished escapes me. I will try."

*Wo2 deicides to start with his broken nose. He goes cross eyed as he trys to get a good look at it. He becomes satified at one angle he finds and beings his journey to reverse the Time/space barrier. He remebers first to focus on his nose and then he resumes the concentrarion. After much time the only thing he managed to do was stop his noes from bleeding. Still not discouraged he countinued and in a little while he felt the most uncomfortable senstaion and heard as sick crackling nose as he felt his, of angle, nose migrate back to where it should be. It reached its spot and Wo2 raced up with his hands and grabbed his Wierd feeling nose.*

"That was odd..."
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 09:18   #174
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack comes walking by ginge and 1 of the acidks, noticing a student trapped in a cage of ground, flapjack walks over and takes a short look at ginge*

'hmm, not very fair now is it? to trap a student telekenitics in a cage of ground, must leave him somewhat powerless'

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 14:37   #175
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

**The student speaks*

"i... enjoy... this... its fun... now... go.. away"

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 18:24   #176
flapjack
crashed computer

"try making fluid sentences EG, otherwise there is no doubt about who is talking."

*with a short tought flapjack destroyed the cage of earth around the student while ginge was distracted with trying to control the student's speech*

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:32   #177
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*Ginge stops concentrating only a little bit and puts his full concentration on the students mind*

"please put the cage back, it hurts me to be non-confined, i am only here to be tested on, not a proper student anyway"

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 21:49   #178
flapjack
crashed computer

"hmm, much better, you know, i've got a better idea"

*with a whim of his hand flapjack places ginge and the student in a large super steel container*

there, now you're confined

Unread 13 Jan 2004, 19:54   #179
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK sighes.*

Thank you FJ for barging into my office and doing that on my test students. You do know that they, themselves, agreed to these tasks. Anyway, I suppose EG can practice a little in there. How may I help, FJ?

--------------
*AcidK, near the tracks of the Televelocitics, smiled carefully.*

Less painful and, as you have noticed, it is a weird sensation. Especially when you feel the blood ozze carefully back into the cracks and creases of the skin. However, you seem to get the hang of that one, in the advanced course we will go over the advanced stages of that process. Anyhow, now we go into multi-task speed, slows and backward movements, but on a living being. Try on any of the advanced students to speed them up, slow them down or even move them into a backwards direction. Please do not use backwards directions too much, it wither's the mind during exessive usage.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 21:44   #180
flapjack
crashed computer

"My students have disappeared again, I'm suspecting either the rebels, which i believe i thoroughly destroyed, or some freak of the academy that makes things disappear."

"Either way, I was busy tracking down some rogue bookcases, they ran out of my department while i wasn't watching and i have no idea where they went, except for 1, it's filled with sport literature and it's probably out on the televelocitics track where it can't destroy the academy."

Unread 13 Jan 2004, 23:44   #181
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

leave it on the track, it wont last long... Anyway, be sure to let us know if anything happens or any books become... let say a 'little over rogue'.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 08:40   #182
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack gets out of the office and continues his search of the bookcases*

Unread 14 Jan 2004, 11:20   #183
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*Sends the student slowly insane by putting thoughts and whispers in the students head*

"i seem to have got the hang of it"

Unread 14 Jan 2004, 18:44   #184
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Right, now lets move onto advanced tagging, Ebling Tags. These are the recent memories of someone and creates a strong anchor to tag and use Siblings. An Ebling tag can cause you to see their recent, or open, memories. These are the most vivid of memories and doesn't cause much in the ways of confusion when looking at them. However, Eblings cannot be changed as easily as siblings and is usually not neccessary unless you are willing to confuse the hell out of someone. Try tagging that student's Ebling and veiw his Eblings by concentrating harder on this person for memories rather than thoughts.

For the theory exam, note that the deeper the memories, the stronger the anchor and thus making it easier to veiw easier targets, such as Siblings, or a waypoint for a rest before continuing deeper into a mind. Note that anchors onto Eblings or Hellbrings require a lot of mental energy and it is useful to tag Eblings before Hellbrings in order to rest the mind before continuation. Same rule applies for going from Sibling to Ebling.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 04:37   #185
Wo2
The Janitor!

"Weird is a understatement sir."

*wo2 countins to rub his nose durring Acidks explination of the next activity.*

"You actually conviced these people to stand around while someone unexperienced fiddles with their time? Sound like faith... or blackmail. Whichever."

*Wo2 pauses, before he begins, to think over all his other time change activitys with object other then him.*

Last edited by Wo2; 15 Jan 2004 at 04:46.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 09:26   #186
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack comes running onto the televelotics course at that point, being chased by a rather large, fast moving and apparently angry bookcase intent on crushing him*

'Help, it's out of control, completely this time'

*flapjack dodges onto the televelotics course, noticing a white strip zipping past him at extraordinary speed as the bookcase chases him onto the course*

Unread 15 Jan 2004, 12:18   #187
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*nods and uses his sibling tag in the way acid suggested, concentrating harder on the students recent memory's, the student looked somewhat relieved that his voice was now his own again and looked in bemusement at what ginge was doing next*

*Suddenly a flash of a recent memory crosses ginges mind that was not his own, the ebling tag was made*

"done, and this student has been a very naughty boy"

Unread 15 Jan 2004, 14:14   #188
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK grinned at Ginge.*

You should read his Hellbrings... But that is a 1st Class technique. Well, you've seemed to get the handle of that one. Now, we go onto intermediate tag blocking - Mirroring and Bouncing. This is when you don't neccessarily block the tag, but simply shift it to look at something else. Bouncing is when it bounces onto something else, Mirroring is when you knock it right back at them. Mirroring is very useful if you are in a psychic duel, bouncing is useful against multiple targets. Try now from a simple tag that I will send. First try to bounce it, then try to mirror it.

-----------------------

*On the televelocitics track, AcidK watches the bookcase run onto the track, flapjack in front of him.*

Yeesh! They're gunna get killed!

*AcidK, in little time, suddenly bursts towards flapjack, reaching him at 0.01 seconds and grabs him. AcidK pulled flapjack off the tack before a televelocitics hammer zipped past at lightspeed, smashing the unsuspected bookcase, sending splinters and books in all directions.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 10:46   #189
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*Clears his mind of all else and focuses on the oncoming tag, when he sees it he, with a little mental strain bounces it onto a passing student*

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 18:59   #190
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

now, try mirroring the student's own mental tags... You ready Gur?

*Gur's mind suddenly cleared as if nothing has happened to him and looks at Ginge with a dark smile.*

Oh yes, Gur here's an old Black Robe, our equivilent to a Heavy Psion. Mirror his tags as much as possible andf blast his own power against him.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 19:16   #191
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack looked surprised when his portable shield generator lit up, several times, first bouncing off several small objects and a student, then suddenly collapsing when acidk smacked into it and pulled flapjack off the course and out of the way of a very, very, very fast moving object*

*flapjack quickly gathered the splinters by melting them into the floor and then letting them come back up in his part of the academy*

err, thanks, i think it would have bounced right off

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 19:29   #192
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

At that speed? Kylithium-Puncher? It takes several layers of adamantium with that beast.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 19:42   #193
flapjack
crashed computer

'this shield i tested on this track, installed in a small tank moving at 40mph, the tank wasn't even scratched tough the last forcefield blew the generator to smithereens.'

'anyways, i need to find the other bookcases.'

*Flapjack with that walked off to find the next bookcase, he headed back to his office to find some kind of weapon in case he'd encounter another aggressive bookcase*

Unread 16 Jan 2004, 21:44   #194
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*smiles at gur and quietly morphs his brain to triple neurone capacity, just in case anything burns out, no outward changes visable though then redies himself for the psychic attack*

"come on then gur, lets do this thing"#

*quickly mirrors a slightly unexpected tag fo gur who bounces it away accordingly before releasing some more tag attempts, ginge manages to mirror the attempts at gur, who seems to be getting increasingly frustrated at his blocked tags unleashes a more powerful tag at ginge, who using his extra mental strength mirrors it straight back through gurs mind*

"is that enough yet acid?"

Unread 17 Jan 2004, 01:09   #195
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK smiled and then rose a hand, Ginge's mental capacity suddenly returning to normal.*

As a rule, no other psychic ability is to be used during telepathics or televelocitics. Save that for telepugilistics.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 01:15   #196
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

"well sir in that case i must point out that i used my power before i started using the telepathics and all changes are permenant until i use my power to change it back so technically no other power was used"

Unread 17 Jan 2004, 01:26   #197
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Ginge, Telepathics is a development not to be taken lightly by enhancement of the brain capacity or strength. The mind is a fragile nexus of power that can be harnessed and controlled, or lost and faded. You must realise that the reason I say no to any other psychic power within telepathics or televelocitics is that it does not strengthen the mind. You may do it outside the class, during arena battles, whatever. But before you enter my class your mind will be returned to normal state. I cannot stress this enough, Ginge, beleive me, the brain can get strained easily if it is not developed properly, I do not want a student going skitzo in my office or in my lessons. Now, in normal state of mind, repeat the previous excersise. Gur, remember what I told you about diving too fast, take things slowly and steadily, look for holes and ways in.

*AcidK, teaching both 1st and 2nd class psychics (to Ginge and the test student, Gur), sighed a little before leaning back a little in his chair.*

Begin.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 01:51   #198
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

*Returned his mind to normal and sighed, watching for gurs attacks again, knowing what to expect*

"come on gur, this time you have a fair chance"

*Watched for the first tag, when it came he found it quite simpleto mirror it back, but then came a more powerful tag, ginge strained his mind slightly in mirroring the tag but managed to deflect it back into gurs mind*

"how was that"

*absent midnedly bounces a tag from gur onto a sentient carniverous plant*

Unread 20 Jan 2004, 00:45   #199
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK nodded and smiled.*

Very good, yes, I beleive you are capable for the final step. Multiple Sibling or Ebling manipulation / transfer. These can cause confusion and, yes, insanity if not dealt with carefully with a trained mind. You have, effectively, tagged both me and Gur here with Sibling tags. But I want you to go out and tag flapjack. But, this is the tricky part, without him knowing it and... transfer a part of my thought and a part of gur's thoughts into Flapjacks.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 20 Jan 2004, 01:28   #200
Wo2
The Janitor!

*Wo2 blinked at the strange display that had just occured. He had never seen a runnig bookshelf before today, oh he'd seen things moving when they shouldn't have, but not a bookshelf activly chasing someone.*

"Well that was ood. Lets begin."

*Wo2 looked at the two students waiting on the track aand he gently nodded his head. With that they began their trot down the track. He blanked his mind and then pictured only the two students. Trusting in his teacher and the abilitys of the students, to be able to stop him before harm would occur, he began his exersise. He began by slowing the first student down to a near crawl. His mind was strained by the effort of doing this too someone else, rather then on his person. With the second student he speed him up. His mind was now straining, trying to keep track of the two sepreate time flows. With his concentration locked on the two students, Wo2 began warping time around the slower student, to such a degree that he began to flow back to start line he had moments ago left. He incresed the speed of the other student and both of the student arrived at the line at almost the same time, except wo2 had lost his grip on the first student and he had reverted back to realtime. Wo2 returned time on the other student and he blurred back to realtime, a little behind the first. Wo2 shook his head to rid it of the odd feelings that had brought on. He brought him mind back to him self and reset his strained mind, by briefly flipping time from fast to slow, on himself, this brought his mind from a high stress activity back to a more comfortable one and thus relaxed it to a degree.*

"Whew... Any harm done?"