User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Aug 2005, 10:10   #1
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Funny PA sayings

Lets collect them so i can update this post. One rule before i add them: they must be commonly known/used. On the legal side: in no way do these sayings reflect my own opinion, blabla... Also i might rephrase a bit so not everything starts with pulling a ... or Doing a ...

Here are a few starters.

Its heartless fault/ Blame it on heartless

An old ToT/LCH saying. Without going into details, it's meaning is: To indicate that something really nasty or treacherous can't be blamed on anyone because you don't know who did it.

Do a phraktoss

Can't remember exactly, someone refresh my memory

First attempt : do a Phraktos means to turn against your ally and quitting/giving up after 1 day of fight, or something along those lines.

Also: an alliance commits tactical/strategic suicide in a spectacular way.

Pull an Ely

To mass recruit players from a disbanded alliance to gain the #1 spot almost at the end of the round.

Doing an Absolute

Just initing there way to the top

Pulling a NoS/WP

Sitting on the fence

Pulling a z00f

Crashing your fleet

Pulling a Keg.

It gained this saying due to the fact Keglomaniac is the unluckiest person in PA when it coems to attacking. On F-Crew attacks if one person will be defended against its him., at one point last round he went over 2 weeks of sending atleast 2 attack fleets a day and not landing a single one while 90% of the other members landed with little trouble. If i recall rightly he only ended the run of recalling by going in on a planet whom had defence as he thought sod it im landing no matter what. He actually got lucky and got roids as the defence was a bluff .

Reeking of Killmark

Cheat0r

Doing a Zhil / Doing a Forest

Getting your ships stolen by your own alliance by accident
Steal your alliance m8's ships by accident

(You can use both tbh cause this is the most "current" known "incident" involving ship stealing in the same alliance. No offense meant to both ofc. I will not put SHIPFARMING here, since thats 1. not true as far as i know, 2. It's uncalled for )

Lemming run

The act of gathering most of your alliances ships in th elast few days and suicide them all at the same time to irritate some planet in top 10 and indicating that your alliance doesn't give a rats ass about losing ships because of it. Introduced by hirr

A Forest Declaration of War

Randomly declaring war on someone/an alliance/anything that comes in mind

Being on a PATEAM schedule

Following a unrelaistic schedule, with deadlines not met, sudden unexpected and unwanted changes

Pulling a Rat

Getting fleetcaught by the enemy when in a commanding position.

A Phil^ meal:

Defrosting one's dinner through vigorous whalloping of one slab of chicken against one kitchen counter. Then boiling it, then just putting it in the oven on very very high to speed things up.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC

Last edited by Remy; 5 Aug 2005 at 07:40.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 10:35   #2
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about
Re: Funny PA sayings

Those posting should add their own descriptions for the sayings to distill ambiguity and to help those whom have missed a particular round to understand their meaning.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 10:57   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Lets collect them so i can update this post. One rule before i add them: they must be commonly known/used.

Here are a few starters.

- Do a phraktoss

Can't remember exactly, someone refresh my memory

- Pull an Ely

To mass recruit players from a disbanded alliance to gain the #1 spot almost at the end of the round.
do a Phraktos means to turn against your ally and quitting/giving up after 1 day of fight, or something along those lines.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 11:12   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Doing an Absolute

Pulling a NoS (aka WP or some would argue Angels)

Sitting on the fence
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 11:33   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Not sure youd call it a well known saying, certainly not to those outside of F-Crew in the last two round or those who hang around #f-crew (although that must be a total of over 200) but a saying in F-Crew is

We refer to the situation of having to pull attacks due to defence over multiple nights as "Pulling a Keg". It gained this saying due to the fact Keglomaniac is the unluckiest person in PA when it coems to attacking. On F-Crew attacks if one person will be defended against its him., at one point last round he went over 2 weeks of sending atleast 2 attack fleets a day and not landing a single one while 90% of the other members landed with little trouble. If i recall rightly he only ended the run of recalling by going in on a planet whom had defence as he thought sod it im landing no matter what. He actually got lucky and got roids as the defence was a bluff
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 11:38   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pulling a z00f

Crashing your fleet
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:01   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Doing an Absolute

Pulling a NoS (aka WP or some would argue Angels)

Sitting on the fence
you amonst others need to learn the meaning of fence sitting. Fencesitting is making deals with the enemy and your allies and not attacking either of them. deals mostly made on planet or galaxy level.

Just because Angels succeededly managed to stay out of trouble most of the round and fighting their OWN little wars which suit THEM the most, doesn't mean we were fence sitting.
If it's that easy to do our politics (of last round) then by all means try them yourself, but don't call us fence sitters cause that's not what we did (if the word has the same meaning it had in the past).

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:04   #8
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Would you believe it... Kj rises to some bait(!)
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:17   #9
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
you amonst others need to learn the meaning of fence sitting. Fencesitting is making deals with the enemy and your allies and not attacking either of them. deals mostly made on planet or galaxy level.

Just because Angels succeededly managed to stay out of trouble most of the round and fighting their OWN little wars which suit THEM the most, doesn't mean we were fence sitting.
If it's that easy to do our politics (of last round) then by all means try them yourself, but don't call us fence sitters cause that's not what we did (if the word has the same meaning it had in the past).
I said some would say Angels (not I) hence why I gave the example of nos, come on kjel crack us a smile.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:22   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Would you believe it... Kj rises to some bait(!)
don't act so surprised, you know I would when it comes to Angels. If pple are wrong then I don't see the problem in telling them that, even if it was posted as bait (though I don't think Pig is that sort of person).

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:29   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

less bitching more funnies please
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:31   #12
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
bah - conversation killer

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 12:32   #13
pig
1up on you

Quote:
don't act so surprised, you know I would when it comes to Angels. If pple are wrong then I don't see the problem in telling them that, even if it was posted as bait (though I don't think Pig is that sort of person).
I thought id mention NoS, as they are classic fencesitters, but seeings as im the seeker of truth and justice I mentioned other allies who have been branded with that label (correctly or not) in the last two rounds hence why i mentioned both, I still <3 angels ofc.

Last edited by lokken; 4 Aug 2005 at 13:58.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 13:18   #14
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

is it about whole of pa or just inside 1 alliance or something...?

pulling a keg.. heh hardly known outside f-crew i bet.. cuz if we do it like that i'm sure we could think of numerous zhil occasions :P

For example forest stealing zhils fleet or something..
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 13:26   #15
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

if the saying is ally only ill post it too if i see fit to do so ^^
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 13:36   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
is it about whole of pa or just inside 1 alliance or something...?

pulling a keg.. heh hardly known outside f-crew i bet.. cuz if we do it like that i'm sure we could think of numerous zhil occasions :P

For example forest stealing zhils fleet or something..
Pulling a Zhil / Pulling a Forest

You can use both tbh cause this is the most "current" known "incident" involving ship stealing in the same alliance. No offense meant to both ofc

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:27   #17
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Pulling a Zhil / Pulling a Forest

SHIPFARMING \o/

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 15:16   #18
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Humorous threads on AD need to be closed eh?
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 15:21   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Humorous threads on AD need to be closed eh?
when they aren't interesting or funny

correctamundo
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 15:31   #20
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
when they aren't interesting or funny

correctamundo
then this thread needs an axe through the face :/

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 15:36   #21
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

rofl.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 16:25   #22
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
do a Phraktos means to turn against your ally and quitting/giving up after 1 day of fight, or something along those lines.
Turn against your uber-block and getting utterly smashed in the first 12 ticks and losing 2/3 of your members within 48 hours...

ie an alliance commits tactical/strategic suicide in a spectacular way.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 16:26   #23
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Pulling a z00f

Crashing your fleet
I was suppose to say that. Its nothing quite like Z0ofing your fleet!
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 16:41   #24
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I was suppose to say that. Its nothing quite like Z0ofing your fleet!
he denies he ever crashed his fleet in his words

"I didnt crash it....much"
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 17:03   #25
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Its heartless fault/ Blame it on heartless

An old ToT/LCH saying. Without going into details, it's meaning is: To indicate that something really nasty or treacherous can't be blamed on anyone because you don't know who did it.
I still got my ToT Shirt with that slogan on the back

Quote:
Pulling a z00f

Crashing your fleet
IIRC that comes from this pa clone we all know about, where Z0of overslept.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 17:55   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
then this thread needs an axe through the face :/
potentially this thread had the opportunity to give some insight into the terms players use for when they make comical errors, and in fact, highlight some comical errors that some individuals have done previously. The others were lol i've a funny story come read lol, which amused me about as much as shoving my face up a badger's arse. This was a bit random, actually has something to do with PA, so I felt it's worth a shot.

And Nef, surely that's pull a titans?
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 18:02   #27
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
he denies he ever crashed his fleet in his words

"I didnt crash it....much"
He`s right tho. He did have at least 1 fighter left
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 18:46   #28
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i bet you think you're funny don't you

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 18:56   #29
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't remember what happened to Titans
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 18:57   #30
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

it's more like deus i think.... titans never disbanded that fast
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 18:58   #31
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Pulling a pateam : delaying something unexpectedly

im sure theres a better one for that though but its the first which comes to mind
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 19:38   #32
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Pulling a pateam:
Messing up so badly, claiming its not your fault and you would be in the wrong no matter what you did, then making a bigger hash of trying to solve the original problem.

Pulling a Rat:
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 19:38   #33
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Pulling a PaTeam would rather be: 'Not delaying something when everyone expected it' or 'Setting deadlines everyone knows won`t be met'
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 19:46   #34
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Doing a Zhil / Doing a Forest

(You can use both tbh cause this is the most "current" known "incident" involving ship stealing in the same alliance. No offense meant to both ofc. I will not put SHIPFARMING here, since thats 1. not true as far as i know, 2. It's uncalled for )

and 3. It will get war declared upon your ass
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 20:36   #35
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Pulling a Kila: Sending 10 BS pods at a target and expecting it to land later in the round.

:wubwoo: kila
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 21:26   #36
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

'Pulling a Barrow' would be where you send pods in defence of an ally mate. Not as many pods as you have useful defence ships in order to fake-def or anything, just your pods...
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 21:31   #37
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

{kind of an inside joke though ... and was at a PA meet so is technically PA related }

Pulling a Phil: Defrosting one's dinner through vigorous whalloping of one slab of chicken against one kitchen counter.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 22:26   #38
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

you forgot "boiling it, then just putting it in the oven on very very high to speed things up"

the walloping bit was to break the chicken pieces apart from each other
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 22:28   #39
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
you forgot "boiling it, then just putting it in the oven on very very high to speed things up"

the walloping bit was to break the chicken pieces apart from each other
Why didn't we think up the oven bit to begin with anyways?

And slightly more on topic:

Pulling an Angryduck: initiating 27 roids with his havoc cash.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 22:44   #40
ironhell
Gifted

ironhell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
:
Blabla

Be consistent please, ta.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There was only one galaxy we couldn't seem to break (lo ironhell)
r3 11:14
r4 130:12
r5 25:20
r6 39:9
ironhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 23:44   #41
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

A fang joke:

"mindeblowed"

(getting hurt in a ridiculous situation)

ie: coming up on a badger in the middle of the woods, being chased by said badger, falling down and breaking his leg while trying to run away.

He's got other classics too
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 23:51   #42
ironhell
Gifted

ironhell is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yes, now every alliance comes with its own 'jokes', Ace!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There was only one galaxy we couldn't seem to break (lo ironhell)
r3 11:14
r4 130:12
r5 25:20
r6 39:9
ironhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 05:20   #43
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhell
Ah yes, now every alliance comes with its own 'jokes', Ace!
Is it remotely possible for you to not be lame? Seriously, the story was ace in that other thread... But now you're just being a bitter old peon.

Lighten up fs =/
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 05:53   #44
Treveler

Declearing war:

To do a Forest...

Or was it the other way around? :eek:
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 07:39   #45
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Pulling a Rat

Fk you

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 07:43   #46
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Fk you
Quote:
On the legal side: in no way do these sayings reflect my own opinion, blabla...
Btw that was fast, i hadnt input it there 1 minute earlier ^^
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 08:02   #47
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

"Ask yourself what Benneh would do." - means you should land your attack even if it results in losing your fleet for close to no roids

Last edited by at0mic.c0w; 5 Aug 2005 at 13:38.
at0mic.c0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 08:53   #48
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
A fang joke:

"mindeblowed"

(getting hurt in a ridiculous situation)

ie: coming up on a badger in the middle of the woods, being chased by said badger, falling down and breaking his leg while trying to run away.

He's got other classics too
hehe, sweet Mindeblow

FA Gaming community

Unread 5 Aug 2005, 09:49   #49
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Do any of you actually callthe situations you've described "Pulling an/a x" ?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 09:52   #50
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

While some of these things are probably not very commonly used, some are in fact.