User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 00:05   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Are there more Gays or Homophobes in the world?

I was looking at this and I puzzled over the fact why there are no homophobic groups (please abstain from mentioning christian groups etc yadda yadda) that try and get openly gay music banned.

I think it'd be a lot more interesting.

You can have Beanie man if you burn all of George Michael's albums...
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 00:21   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Are there more Gays or Homophobes in the world?

can you name some openly gay music? (Music made by openly gay people isn't the same thing)

and if it does exist, I doubt it incites gays to attack and kill straight people
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 00:22   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

there's no such thing as homophobia, there's just peoplephobia
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 00:30   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This subject is one i actually felt like going off on one at this evening after listening to five live. So i shall start here.

Peter ****ing Tatchell. You smarmy , self effacing , rent a quote bastard. Get the **** off my airwaves, the **** off my TV, and stop trying to tell us how ****ing persecuted Gay people are. Go home, suck a cock. smoke some pot, whatever the **** it is you do to chill out after a hard days telling us all how being gay in the year 2004 is like being a slave in the 1800's, and why we should all not just allow Gay men and women to live a normal life, but we should actively praise them for having the courage to say "We are Gay"

I DONT ****ING CARE IF YOURE GAY. IT DOESNT GIVE YOU ANY MORE ****ING CIVIL RIGHTS THAN ME BECAUSE IM STRAIGHT. IT DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULDNT BE ****ING PROSECUTED EVERY TIME YOU PERFORM SOME PUBLICITY SEEKING STUNT THAT BREAKS THE ****ING LAW. YOURE A ****, YOURE AN EMBARESSMENT TO THE GAY COMMUNITY, AND YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO TAKE A FEW DOZEN NYTOL, CLIMB OFF YOUR ****ING HIGH HORSE, AND REALISE YOURE NOT ABOVE THE LAW, NOR ABOVE THE STRAIGHT PEOPLE WHO SHARE YOUR COUNTRY.

[/rant]

Editors Note : I ****ing hate Peter Tatchell. I have no homophobic views whatsoever, but Peter Tatchell gets on my tits every time i hear or see him.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:03   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
can you name some openly gay music? (Music made by openly gay people isn't the same thing)

and if it does exist, I doubt it incites gays to attack and kill straight people
In the same way that Openly homophobic music made by openly homophobic people isn't the same thing?

It does incite Gays to partake in illegal activities that involve cottaging etc, now while this may all seem innocent there is a lot of deviance amongst any society and unfortunately some people are victims of homosexual assault.

Some people would rather be attacked than ass raped. One is a violation of your body, the other is a violation of your body AND your emotions.

That said, George Michael's - Outside was prolly more destructive than good imo, it portrayed rather a bad image imo.

Also with crime figures remember that while like only 3 in ten heterosexual rapes of women get reported the count is MUCH MUCH less for men reporting homosexual rape and same for women too, there seems to be greater shame in reporting something so personal as that to the police, I guess due to certain stigma's.

But sometimes encouraging a massive underground society still of people of a different sexual nature into today's culture with regards to being very front and centre about what they want and where they want to do it is not the best plan and I think if anything some of these homophobic songs are reactionary with regards to this outward pushing instead of gentle acceptance that is really needed here.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:05   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
there's no such thing as homophobia, there's just peoplephobia
Stupidest quote ever.

Explain that to people who are involved in animal cruelty/beastiality.

You can't eh? I've read and heard of farmers beating homosexual livestock(got lots of friends in the farming community being that I came from an island that was highly agricultural).
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:06   #7
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

gay music = rap music

I thought everyone knew that equation
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:33   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

Scissor Sisters*

*i "win"
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:36   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I was looking at this and I puzzled over the fact why there are no homophobic groups
I think you'd have to be rather deranged to go to the effort of setting up a group just to be homophobic (this is not to say that it doesn't happen of course). Most homophobes I've encountered had homophobia as part of a wider range of stupidity (religion as you mention, right-wing political views, "defence of marriage", etc).
Quote:
It does incite Gays to partake in illegal activities that involve cottaging etc, now while this may all seem innocent there is a lot of deviance amongst any society and unfortunately some people are victims of homosexual assault.
This is ridiculous. What exactly are you trying to say here? You're implying "gay music" (the Village People???) is somehow encouraging homosexual rape? Of course, you're not actually saying this, you're just making a dodgy non-sequitur.

As for Peter Tatchell, he has a point that people performing acts in defence of liberty shouldn't be prosecuted. I don't follow his career particularly, but with something like his attempted arrest of Mugabe (when he was in London) I certainly wouldn't want my taxes spent on prosecuting him.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 02:23   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In the same way that Openly homophobic music made by openly homophobic people isn't the same thing?

Some people would rather be attacked than ass raped. One is a violation of your body, the other is a violation of your body AND your emotions.
I'm assuming youre trolling, but on the offchance you arent, perhaps you'd like to explain how this is different from mainstream music, poprap in particular, promoting casual sex which (by your logic) might increase the incidence of women being raped.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 03:36   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I'm assuming youre trolling
Get out of town!
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 03:39   #12
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I'm assuming youre trolling, but on the offchance you arent, perhaps you'd like to explain how this is different from mainstream music, poprap in particular, promoting casual sex which (by your logic) might increase the incidence of women being raped.
The incidences of women being raped are increasing.

Your point?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 03:44   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Your point?
I think he's asking whether or not you support banning rap music which promotes casual sex.

PS
Quote:
Just reposting this in case anybody missed it
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 08:52   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How is that even a legitimate response to Nod's post?

Anyway, where are rapes increasing? Everywhere? Just western countries? Over what period?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 08:54   #15
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think he's asking whether or not you support banning rap music which promotes casual sex.

PS

Just reposting this in case anybody missed it
Given my issues on the musical quality of the Rap/RnB genre I feel I can't give an unbiased fair viewpoint on the issue.

I'd be quite happy if someone from the future had intervened and wiped out every east/west coast rapper that ever lived and the labels that hired them.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 09:05   #16
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Beenie Man's song lyrics urge listeners to "shoot" and "hang" gay people.

M....they may even shoot him over that
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:21   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zword
Beenie Man's song lyrics urge listeners to "shoot" and "hang" gay people.

M....they may even shoot him over that
he has a fixation with well hung gay people, in other words.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote