User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 May 2004, 19:50   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Releasedate of WoW US-Europe not parallel :(

I just hear that the US/Korean World of Warcraft will probably be released in about the fourth quarter of 2004 while the European release is a couple of months later.

Why the hell is blizzard doing this? This will result in massloads of people importing US versions and playing on their American servers while the European servers will be very empty and thus dull to play on.

Didn't the same happen with SWG? Somehow I don't feel like much for playing on a server ment for Americans for several reasons.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 19:59   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Releasedate of WoW US-Europe not parallel :(

Nonparallel release dates tend to lead to warez, for SP games, and imports for MMPORHAHAHGs.

The silliest example is what iD are doing with doom3; limited edition release, then a normal release TWO MONTHS later.

gg warez
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 19:59   #3
Sevrok

Sevrok is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its really bad, in europe we always have to wait longer for games than the americans and the asian gaming comunities! one of the reasons for this may be the laws about games, i know their is one somewhere that you cant have children npcs in a game, hence the reason some quests in the fallout series are in completeable on the uk version, as they involve finding npcs that are children, which you cant do! I am going to wait for the european verion, but maybe get my step brother (who lives in LA) the american version and play that for a bit, so i get some experiance but know when i come back to the uk after 3 months i wont have to carry on playing with americans who may shoot me even when they are on my side!
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:00   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

contestable markets

oh well - its their loss really for reasons MrL says
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:02   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrok
i know their is one somewhere that you cant have children npcs in a game
This aint a UK thing, unless Black Isle went OUTLAW! with their BG2 release.
Unread 28 May 2004, 20:36   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

fallout2, and you can replace them back in.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 May 2004, 21:56   #7
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrok
i think its really bad, in europe we always have to wait longer for games than the americans
bollocks. unlike most high profile movies a big chunk of computer games is produced in europe.
Unread 28 May 2004, 22:07   #8
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

This means that ill put my hands on an original WoW copy around 2008 =(
Unread 28 May 2004, 22:25   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
bollocks. unlike most high profile movies a big chunk of computer games is produced in europe.
But they're released first in america.

Name 5 recentish high profile games which were released in europe first.
Unread 28 May 2004, 23:14   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fine by me, my computer can't run it at the moment. I'm intending to save up and buy one over the summer.
Unread 28 May 2004, 23:21   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Fine by me, my computer can't run it at the moment. I'm intending to save up and buy one over the summer.

Unread 29 May 2004, 00:20   #12
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

he is saving money to buy a new computer
capicce?
Unread 29 May 2004, 00:24   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Tomorrow I am going to buy some fresh fish, I am thinking of a nice salmon
Unread 29 May 2004, 10:44   #14
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

your lucky, here in NZ, Far Cry is a new release :-/
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2004, 11:20   #15
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
My computer is about 3 years old. It wouldn't be able to run WoW, as it has trouble with nearly all new games.

So I intend to save up some money in the summer, to buy a new one. The new one should be able to run it. So I wouldn't have been able to play the game until the 4th quarter of 2004 anyway :P
Unread 29 May 2004, 11:35   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

World of Warcraft isn't as intensive as, say, Far Cry and definitely has lower requirements than anything Ion Storm have done.
Unread 29 May 2004, 12:01   #17
Tomkat

Mmmm, it wouldn't run on my computer though. I'm convinced of that.

128mb RAM
700mhz p3
some cruddy intel graphics card
30gb hard disk

It's a laptop also, so very hard to upgrade :/
Unread 29 May 2004, 12:06   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Mmmm, it wouldn't run on my computer though. I'm convinced of that.

128mb RAM
700mhz p3
some cruddy intel graphics card
30gb hard disk

It's a laptop also, so very hard to upgrade :/
Oh, it's a laptop. If you had said this before, all would have made sense, instead of you saying you couldn't run World of Warcraft on a P4 2.0 or something (I have a 2 1/2 year old computer with one of dem, see, and it runs everything fine, pretty much)
Unread 29 May 2004, 12:06   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

eh ok, but WoW is getting released far past summer in which you will buy a new computer. My point was not about the annoyance of having such a late release of the game but about we might be forced to play on US servers due to the fact the releasedates in both continents are not even close to eachother
Unread 29 May 2004, 12:10   #20
Tomkat

Maybe they'll implement something to force people to play on Europe/UK servers?

Or am I hoping for too much.
Unread 29 May 2004, 12:30   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I'll import it, just like I did SWG.
Unread 29 May 2004, 12:32   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Maybe they'll implement something to force people to play on Europe/UK servers?

Or am I hoping for too much.
That's a bad thing.
Unread 29 May 2004, 16:09   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
pls elaborate
http://news.gameplay.co.uk/newsitem....mid=1085652012
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 22:50   #24
joobles

joobles is an unknown quantity at this point

well that just sucks from my point of view. why should we all have to wait if the game is finished. we have been waiting ages anyway.
joobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 01:56   #25
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
those screenshots at the bottom are nice
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:08   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

computer games are for fags
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 02:09   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
those screenshots at the bottom are nice
You haven't seen the new Unreal engine.

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html...ogy/ue30.shtml
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 10:10   #28
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You haven't seen the new Unreal engine.

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html...ogy/ue30.shtml
That looks sweet as.
Roughly what spec will that need to run it?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 11:26   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
That looks sweet as.
Roughly what spec will that need to run it?
It's going to be used for games in 2 years (the technology has finally been overtaken by the software in a big big way), and it runs at 30fps on today's top of the range (the Geforce 6800 to be precise).
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 11:33   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That does look rather splendid, is that what they tech demo'd not so long ago? There was a vid with a chap looking not unlike that troll thing demonstrating soft shadows a while back all in real time.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 11:58   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
That does look rather splendid, is that what they tech demo'd not so long ago? There was a vid with a chap looking not unlike that troll thing demonstrating soft shadows a while back all in real time.
Yeah, it was what they used to demonstrate the NV40 at E3.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 12:54   #32
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Knew it rung a bell
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 13:56   #33
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So give us a clue what I need to run it!
Might purchase a PC game for 1st time in about 5 yrs. (I dont care when it comes out)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 14:54   #34
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Might purchase a PC game for 1st time in about 5 yrs. (I dont care when it comes out)
If you're talking about that new Unreal tournament engine then I suggest you wait 2 years and buy a PC then

But if you're talking about WoW, the official FAQ doesn't say. :/
Guess you'll have to wait til closer to release to find out.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 16:35   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
To run it realistically on something available today, you'd need the top of the range everything.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 17:49   #36
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
To run it realistically on something available today, you'd need the top of the range everything.
how do you think it would run on a radeon 9800 pro sapphire 512 ram corsair pc3200 400mhz abit an7v2.0 western digital caviar 120gb 8mb buffer 7200rpm?
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:53   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
how do you think it would run on a radeon 9800 pro sapphire 512 ram corsair pc3200 400mhz abit an7v2.0 western digital caviar 120gb 8mb buffer 7200rpm?
Badly. The new iterations of the cards are about twice the speed of the Radeon 9800 pro.

On second thoughts, it wouldn't run at all, because you haven't got a processor.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 11:51   #38
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Badly. The new iterations of the cards are about twice the speed of the Radeon 9800 pro.

On second thoughts, it wouldn't run at all, because you haven't got a processor.
or a power supply, cables, disk drive, keyboard mouse and monitor.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 11:58   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
or a power supply, cables, disk drive, keyboard mouse and monitor.
They're regarded as standard, because you don't need to know about them in order to say 'how something will run'. You do need to know about the processor.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:31   #40
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:

"iterations of the cards"
what are you talking about and what cards are these?
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:54   #41
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
They're regarded as standard, because you don't need to know about them in order to say 'how something will run'. You do need to know about the processor.
According to blizzard :
Quote:
What are the game's system requirements?
We are currently determining the system requirements for World of Warcraft. As with our past games, our goal is to ensure that the game runs on a wide variety of 3D cards and at a wide range of processor speeds.

For what platforms will the game be available?
The game will be available on PCs and the Macs. We are developing both versions simultaneously and will be shipping them at the same time, as with our other recent games. Does the game require a 3D accelerator?
Yes, the game will require a 3D graphics card. Again, we will support a wide range of 3D cards.
I think it would be silly and a stupid move to require a 400 USD vid card to make the game playable. I do think that the game will run perfectly on said platform.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:55   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
"iterations of the cards"
what are you talking about and what cards are these?
The nVidia Geforce 6800 and the ATi Radion X800 XT.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 17:56   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
According to blizzard :
I think it would be silly and a stupid move to require a 400 USD vid card to make the game playable. I do think that the game will run perfectly on said platform.
Pity then that what Stew was talking about was the Unreal3 engine, made by Epic.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:27   #44
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Pity then that what Stew was talking about was the Unreal3 engine, made by Epic.
No comprendo señor
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:28   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
No comprendo señor
Unreal 3, made by Epic =! World of Warcraft, made by Blizzard.

It's obvious just by comparing the characters.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:30   #46
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

So?
I was talking about how unprofitable would a game be if it would only run on computers with stupidly overpriced video cards.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 22:31   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
So?
I was talking about how unprofitable would a game be if it would only run on computers with stupidly overpriced video cards.
Which doesn't apply to the Unreal3 engine, because it's being released in TWO YEARS.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 05:36   #48
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
Which doesn't apply to the Unreal3 engine, because it's being released in TWO YEARS.
and why the hell did you brought this subject up???
It doesnt apply to the original fact which was "will wow run on this config?" To which you replied with pseudofacts, presumptions and rampaging lack of knowledge about the current state of affairs of the game.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 07:34   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
and why the hell did you brought this subject up???
It doesnt apply to the original fact which was "will wow run on this config?" To which you replied with pseudofacts, presumptions and rampaging lack of knowledge about the current state of affairs of the game.
How is 'It ran on an nVidia 6800 at around 30 fps at E3' pseudofacts, presumptions and a raging lack of knowledge?

Hey, I hear those 6800's are much more powerful than any previous card! But to say that something which only barely runs playably on them wouldn't run well on older cards would be foolhardy presumption!

[edit]

And, if you hadn't guessed from reading my post, I brought the unreal3 engine up because it was PRETTY.