User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:10   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mobile Phone Stuff [UK Only]

My contract ends soon with o2, but I still have the phone and am content with it. So I'm looking at Pay-as-you-go at the moment, but not sure which company to go with.

I could get a contract, but it'd need to be a decent deal - I'm hoping for about 200-400 free minutes any time, for under £25...

Anyone have any advice for what to go for, or not to go for...?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:14   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Mobile Phone Stuff [UK Only]

paging Zeus to thread 179730
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:15   #3
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not going with o2 again :/
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 13:19   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

You know, if you use your phone a lot, but fancy PAYG, check out 3's new system. £25 a month gets you 500 minutes anytime anynetwork.

But if you dont use all 500 minutes, you lose them in 30 days and have to stick another £25 on.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:03   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
You know, if you use your phone a lot, but fancy PAYG, check out 3's new system. £25 a month gets you 500 minutes anytime anynetwork.

But if you dont use all 500 minutes, you lose them in 30 days and have to stick another £25 on.

And if you want a phone the size of a breeze block, and a dropped signal and phone call all the time. or are things better now?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:07   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Phones are still shit too, but surely you should be able to take the sim out, whack it in your old 2g phone, and fall back onto O2's 2G network, claiming all the while that you never get 3G coverage?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:14   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Phones are still shit too, but surely you should be able to take the sim out, whack it in your old 2g phone, and fall back onto O2's 2G network, claiming all the while that you never get 3G coverage?
But my phone is a p800 - just as big

Seriously though, lets focus on me. I'm currently with Voda, £30 a month, bit pricey but I'm happy with it. I've had my phone a year now so can upgrade - what do you reccomend? I dont mind paying up to £100, dont want much more. I want a cool phone with a decent camera (flash in any of them?), quite small (want a change after p800!) that interacts well with pc preferably. Any ideas? I like the 6600 (well I like what it does) but a few too many people seem to have that.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:18   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Ok, well, the new P910 is coming out soon. Outstanding phone, including Blackberrys new e-mail system which is the best in the world. Camera is ok, but doesnt have a flash. Similar size to the P800 though.

From what you've said you're after, I'd recommend the SE K700i. Screen quality is outstanding, camera is exceptional, has a flash, does video. Its Sony Ericsson, thus using the same connectors as your P800, so whack the software in and interfacing it with your PC shouldnt be a problem at all. If you're anywhere near London, you can come and see me for the upgrade if you like and I'll see what I can do, may be able to get you on a 6 months half price line rental jobbie or something, dunno but if you want to pm me your number I can definately look into it for you.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:37   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yo Rids.

on the subject of the K700, i've been looking at getting one on the O2 online 100 deal for free instead of the secondhand 7650. is this a good idea? would i be better off with a nokia 6230? or a mystery third option?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:43   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

I use a 6230 and it is a lovely lovely phone, but it is extremely error prone, I'd wait for the 6230i if I was getting one now. However, I do love the K700 too, the choice really depends on if you're going to use the mp3 player function on both of them. The K700i has 40 meg onboard memory, period, doesnt take memory cards so when you run out, you run out. But with the 6230 you can can MMC cards to expand that to 128/256/512 etc so you can get shitloads of mp3s on them.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:47   #11
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i probably would be using the mp3 player, so the 6230 sounds good. mp3 player aside though, which is better?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:49   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Both have their merits, screen and camera are better on the K700. 6230 is from Nokia so obviously the menu is a shitload easier to navigate. If you're not trapped by the Nokia menu like I am, I would suggest getting the K700.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:51   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Are there any other phones to consider?
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 14:52   #14
Rids
The Bad Guy

Havent seen a working one yet since I've been off work for a while, Samsung E800/810/820 looks lovely, but I'd want to play with one for a few days before I go out on a limb and suggest that.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 15:04   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

When will you see this?!
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 15:06   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Back in on Monday. So hopefully we'll have them in stock and i'll be able to grab one and have a look.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 15:09   #17
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

i think i'm sold on the 6230.

next question: the online 100 deal with o2 seems pretty much what i'm looking for, and the phone is free with it. can you think of any better deals for it? (don't care which network)
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 15:11   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

I think I'm sold on the K700, although I await you response on the E800!

Thanks for all your help Rids.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 15:14   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Must admit, I use O2 as my personal line. 500 texts and 100 minutes isnt bad. Couple of possible drawbacks to O2 online though, you're dealing only with O2 online, not O2 shops, if you have a problem, you have to phone the premium rate customer services number. So unless you have a work phone you can phone there premium rate customer services number from, contacting them with a problem could get quite expensive.

As I said, you may want to hold out for the 6230i, not sure when it'll be released or how much it will cost, but they're promising better screen, 1 megapixel camera, etc. But, I do use the 6230 myself I'm more than happy with it.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 15:34   #20
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

i think i'll go with it. the 6230i sounds nice, but if i'm in a situation where i want high quality photos, i'll probably have my proper camera with me which is nice and happy and 3.4 megapixel

well, i think i have a winner. doublepluscheers Rids
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 17:09   #21
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

how do you know everything about phones rids?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 17:31   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He works in a phone shop*.

*on Bond street if i remember correctly (i may be wrong tho)
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 19:09   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Oxford Street, but close enough.
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 00:13   #24
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

get a 3 phone.

half price rental for 12 months

thats £12.50 a month for 500 free minutes and free phone. The phones might not be that great but its a giveaway imo
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 01:07   #25
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

lol Rids you've sold the 6230i to me and I wasn't looking for a new phone until I read this thread... Just realised how much I want a camera phone. How much is that?
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 10:17   #26
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
get a 3 phone.

half price rental for 12 months

thats £12.50 a month for 500 free minutes and free phone. The phones might not be that great but its a giveaway imo
I already have a phone, it's just a SIM card I need. So that sounds pretty niftaroo...
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 14:22   #27
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I already have a phone, it's just a SIM card I need. So that sounds pretty niftaroo...
the phone is free.

and you get more free minutes for less price per month. i dont see how you can lose out
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 17:40   #28
«Messiah»

«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice«Messiah» is just really nice

I've been looking around on the web, and the new Panasonic x700 looks pretty cool. I've got the GD87 atm, and I'm happy with it.

But does anyone know when the x700 is actually coming out, or if they've heard any comments about it?
«Messiah» is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 18:14   #29
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Messiah»
But does anyone know when the x700 is actually coming out, or if they've heard any comments about it?

"The rumours of the x700's sexual orientation are both vicious and unfounded."

[/spokesperson for x700]
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 01:11   #30
Rids
The Bad Guy

Its Panasonic.

Its shit.

End of.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 01:36   #31
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

moto v600 is doing me nicely. Still cant wait for the RAZRV3. It looks kinda ace
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 09:28   #32
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

does anyone know what the 7610 is like???
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 09:59   #33
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I use a 6230 and it is a lovely lovely phone, but it is extremely error prone, I'd wait for the 6230i if I was getting one now..
I also own a 6230 but have never struck any errors on it at all. Also from what I hear 6230i is only a hoax.

I just wish I knew more people with 6230's or compatible so I could send movies to them
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 14:15   #34
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

Hells_Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
does anyone know what the 7610 is like???
I dont know anyone that has one but looks like a nice bit of kit
Hells_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 15:11   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, and im due an upgrade, and can probably get it for free cos orange love me
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 15:53   #36
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

Hells_Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

ooo lucky u might do that with my new phone in about a years time.
Hells_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:08   #37
Rids
The Bad Guy

Ok, the Samsung E800/810/820, looks nice. Shame its shit. Avoid.

As for the 7610, its another 'wacky' Nokia design, where 'wacky' translates into general english as 'annoying toss' - Funny shaped keypad, isnt that a great idea, lets make it even harder for people to text message. Just like the 6600, the phone is absolutely swimming in features, but its let down by a menu system that tries to be something its not, and a stupid ****ing design.

Edit: Also, I'm an idiot and forgot to take your number in Stew
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:32   #38
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

anyone know anything about that nokia wierd looking touchscreen phone

the 7700 i think

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:38   #39
Rids
The Bad Guy

erm, not yet. Its not the new communicator your talking about is it, the 9700, the new, all singing, all dancing, mobile penis extension.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:51   #40
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Edit: Also, I'm an idiot and forgot to take your number in Stew
No probs

Edit: "Nokia 9700" doesnt find much on google - you have a link?
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:51   #41
roadrunner_0
cynic

cheers rids, i might get something more conventional then
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 23:00   #42
Rids
The Bad Guy

Oops, I meant the 9500 - http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,57363,00.html

and just checked out the 7700. - Dear Nokia, whilst you do make wonderful telecommunications equipment, I feel you could make far more money selling whatever Class A drugs you slip into your designers tea.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 23:02   #43
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
That makes sense then, cheers. SE 700 is still winning

Quote:
and just checked out the 7700.
WTF is that!?!?
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 23:04   #44
Rids
The Bad Guy

That is what everybody, including 99.99% of the people who work at Nokia are wondering. Thank **** its listed as 'Not commercially availible' - which hopefully translates to 'We have clubbed to death the useless prick that designed this, and his evil will taint us no more'
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 23:05   #45
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
That is what everybody, including 99.99% of the people who work at Nokia are wondering. Thank **** its listed as 'Not commercially availible' - which hopefully translates to 'We have clubbed to death the useless prick that designed this, and his evil will taint us no more'
They had better had.
I havent had a Nokia for ages.
(Had 3210 just after it came out, had it for about year, then Sony Z5, then Sony Z7 (lol), the SE P800)
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 19:13   #46
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
From what you've said you're after, I'd recommend the SE K700i. Screen quality is outstanding, camera is exceptional, has a flash, does video.
Hmm Rids,

I went into the Vodafone shop in Leicester and asked about the K700i, the guy said it didnt have a flash, now I didnt want to go in heavy handed and accuse him of being a liar, saying "rids" frim your Oxford St store thinks differently, without rechecking!

So who is right!? (Ta)
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 21:04   #47
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting one of those!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 17:39   #48
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:

this has just made me giggle... in the middle of work... im now (once again) getting funny looks
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 17:42   #49
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
this has just made me giggle... in the middle of work... im now (once again) getting funny looks
Wow - what time does the library close? My (local) one closes at about 4pm or something silly, definately not open at 17:30 on a Friday.
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 17:48   #50
roadrunner_0
cynic

heh, i should be so lucky, im here till 7pm 2 nights a week, and soon to be opening on a sunday as well