User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:50   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Wrestlemania XX

well, once again it is upon us...Sunday night. I'm not a huge wrestling fan anymore....but wrestlemania always seems to spark my intrest, just a little bit. This time around we'll see the return of the (apparently) 'old school' Undertaker. This is a good thing...no more bandana, no more motorcycle, no more faggy hair style. And hopefully he stops talking...he's not a talker.

I feel bad for you fans in the UK tho...gotta wait till 1am to watch it.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:59   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Wrestlemania XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
Seriously - dont feel sorry, I dont think you're feelin sorry for many
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 23:00   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My life is over
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 23:08   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

guys I heard wrestling is fake can someone confirm or deny
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 23:33   #5
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
guys I heard wrestling is fake can someone confirm or deny
which part of it ?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 00:05   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

You hear the rumours though? Lesnar's leaving WWE after Wrestlemania, Goldberg definately is.

Still looking forward to a great show, **** work the next day though.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 00:31   #7
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i was so pissed when they changed the taker, thank **** they're bringing back the good one
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 00:56   #8
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Goldberg definately is.
ya, isn't he goin to UFC or Pride Fighting?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 01:12   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ya, isn't he goin to UFC or Pride Fighting?
Neither , hes going to work on his next film funnily enough.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 01:31   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Neither , hes going to work on his next film funnily enough.
ah...I thought I heard somewhere that he was going into either UFC or Pride FC

ah well
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 02:41   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
I won't be staying up to watch it, I'll just torrent it when it appears a few days later and watch it on my xbox, skipping through to all the good bits.

I never watch it anymore...but then it is the 20th anniversary one, so it must be pretty good.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 04:43   #12
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I'll be enjoying the spectacular with the gf at the famous players colliseum in Bayshore.

First time I get to watch Wrestling on a big cinema screen. Sounds kick ass imo.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 04:44   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

in this thread also, 8pm pretends to have a girlfriend.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 04:59   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

at first, I thought a lot of people in this thread were conspirators in a joke, a masterclass in understated sarcasm in faultlessly pretending to actually like wrestling, but now I'm faced with the disturbing realisation that they actually do.

So where do wrestling fans see themselves on the evolutionary ladder, relative to say role-players?

I'm guessing you can just make out the soles of their sandals with binoculars.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 04:59   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

in this thread we try and determind if a roleplayer or a wrestling fan is the lower form of life.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 05:06   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll be watching*

*drinking heavily while someone vaguely watches it in the background
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 05:29   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its not really grabbing me. I live with some big wrestling fans so im constantly kept up to date but the storylines seem weak, used and stale

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 12:12   #18
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I prefer the royal rumble, but that was on pay per view this time :/ What channel is this one on? C4, Sky Sports 1?
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:07   #19
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I'll be enjoying the spectacular with the gf at the famous players colliseum in Bayshore.

First time I get to watch Wrestling on a big cinema screen. Sounds kick ass imo.
err...is that the one on Carling Ave.? If so, you'll have a good time...that's an awesome theatre.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:25   #20
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
err...is that the one on Carling Ave.? If so, you'll have a good time...that's an awesome theatre.
indeedy. the gf used to film her friends backyard wrestling stuff when she was younger so we are both great wrestling fans. Just watched beyond the mat again last night as well.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:26   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
in this thread we try and determind if a roleplayer or a wrestling fan is the lower form of life.

In this thread Newsbot3 yet again churns other people's posts into a summary, starting with "in this thread" as he has nothing witty, intelligent or interesting to say himself.

PS: The degree of wrestling fan decides how low they are. Those that believe the wrestling is real are probably lower than roleplayers. Those who watch the wrestling, simply for the tight lycra costums, are minutely higher than roleplayers.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:38   #22
Evergreen
the merciless

You'll find that a lot of wrestling fans who aren't backwater hicks (and hence don't find their way to this forum) are very involved in wrestling cause it is infinitely more personal than any sport out there.

For those who go to deride I advise looking into the movie 'Beyond the Mat' or the one that covers the life story of the 'harts' up until some point in the 90's. It's really ****ing good stuff and kciks the arse out of any sport any day.

Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:42   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Out of interest, is the WWE still a cliched overcommercialised pointless shitheap with characters and plotlines that make the average soap opera look positively original and unpredictable, like its been for the last 5 years since around the time that Bret Hart left and the Rock became hugely popular?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:44   #24
Evergreen
the merciless

It's managed to get worse plot wise but the good thing is they have finally embraced the cruiser weight division.

Now to see some decent flyers in action etc.

Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:48   #25
Nodrog

The plots/characters were always the only thing that made it worthwhile, I always found the actual 'fighting' to be generally boring.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:54   #26
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

heh, the fighting now is 'better' than it used to be. There's alot more of the high risk stuff...and that makes for some good entertainment. People that watch wrestling because it's real need to get a life. People like me that watch it because it's mildly entertaining at times are ok
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:55   #27
Nodrog

If I wanted to watch 'fighting' I'd view UFC or something. The best thing about wrestling was the storylines and other buildup devices, and now they are gone
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:58   #28
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

UFC is ass too...they pussed out years ago, make move to Pride FC...where the big boys play!

there's a Pride fighting PPV on the 21st...be there
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 19:17   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Isn't wrestling already gay enough without having a subsection called "Pride"?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:20   #30
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

To be honest, I agree with Nod, the whole attraction to WWE for me was the plots/storylines, and every now and then you'd get a fking awesome jaw dropping match. (Jeff Hardy vs RVD anybody?) Now, the plots are a little thin, Stone Colds character is worn out, although John Cena looks like he could be awesome, IF they let him go back to being a ****like heal instead of a face.

I'll watch Wrestlemania, because its Wrestlemania, I've watched it since Wrestlemania 7 and I dont intend to stop now.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:35   #31
Nodrog

Id say the following, in no particular order, are largely responsbile for the decline of WWE
  • Losing the 2 most charasmatic actors other than hogan (ie Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels) within a year of each other. Thinking that people of this calibre could be replaced by worthless dull shitheaps like "The Big Show" and Kurt Angle was another mistake.
  • The preoccupation with bringing in good 'fighters' to the sport, rather than charismatic actors. This probably started with Ken Shamrock.
  • Overplaying popular things until they are beaten into the ground to an even greater extent than internet catchphrases. Prime examples of this would be Steve Austin, The Rock (his 4 lines got even funnier every time he said them!!), and 'gimmick matches'. Hulk Hogan was kind of an exception to this, but then he was hulk hogan.
  • LOL BOOBS LOL
  • Switching from a model with 4-6 'big' events a year to one which has about 133423 PPV's a month. Now everyone has fought everyone else in a big match about 2 billion times, and theres not many original angles its possible to take.
  • The decision to spilt Monday Night RAW into 2 or 3 weekly shows. This started with Heat, and has got worse ever since
  • HHH and almost everything in which he has been involved (other than the original D-X but that was only good because of shawn michaels - the others were faggots)
  • Having more titlle belts than wrestlers
  • Replacing Lawler and Jim Ross as commentators. The importance of good commentators cant really be overestimated as entertaining banter can turn the most boring on-screen events into quality entertainment, and these 2 were imo the best in the companies history (maybe with the exception of the roddy piper/ric flair stint)
  • Buying out WCW

WWF peaked at the Canadian Stampede about 5 years ago and it seems to have gone downhill ever since (though I havent really watched it for a while)

Last edited by Nodrog; 13 Mar 2004 at 20:44.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:49   #32
Nodrog

• The introduction of specialist 'fighting geared' divisions like the 'japanese fighters'/'cruisereweight'/'lightweight'/whatever. Hey guys if you want to have 'divisions' with completely different formats to the main show maybe you should consider splitting them off from the rest and having different events especially for them, maybe even cretating a different 'company' such as the Cruiserweight Wrestling Federation oh wait I forgot we have to buy out every single wrestling format ever crreated and cram them all into a 2 hour slot.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:02   #33
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Isn't wrestling already gay enough without having a subsection called "Pride"?
Pride Fighting is in no way affiliated with WWE. Pride is based in Japan, and it is like UFC, only much better. Over the last few years UFC has changed their rules and so many things are illegal moves there now.

Pride on the other hand, is basically anything goes...iirc, shots to the nut sack area are the only illegal moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
k-1 is where it's at

iir pride is the one where you cant punch people

or vice versa
I vote for vise versa. I've never seen k-1 but I have seen many Pride FC matches...as as I said above, I think shots to the groin are the only illegal move. Pride Fighting has many former UFC fighters (from UFC's hayday when they didn't have the silly rules).

Pride is just sooo much fun...if you ever watch it, watch for Mirko Crocop, he has a devestating kick...if he knocks a guy down, he'll most definatly give a few soccer kicks to the face...fantastic stuff.

/edit: here's a lovely picture of one of his famous soccer kicks
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:13   #34
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
I won't be staying up to watch it, I'll just torrent it when it appears a few days later and watch it on my xbox, skipping through to all the good bits.
Seconded!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote