User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Oct 2003, 15:26   #1
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Loss of cluster alliances

This might have been said before but this has to be a key loss from the game & community this round. Clusters (or paras) were where I met most the people I know in the game. Many alliances were formed from cluster alliances. Just supposing there was a round 11 with 30000 players (ok but if...) where would those new people get to meet others?

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 16:53   #2
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Cluster alliances started to die in r5/r6 and were lost after that.

hAl
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 17:45   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Cluster alliances started to die in r5/r6 and were lost after that.
I think private galaxies pretty much killed random cluster alliances. If the future of PA is random galaxies (assuming that PA has a future), then I don't see why cluster alliances couldn't make a comeback. PAX was supposed to have a variable travel time based on geography that also could have allowed for some sort of local alliances, but the travel time was so poorly implemented that it made that impossible.

I think the basic concept (grouping players randomly and providing some incentives for them to cooperate to their mutual advantage) is good, and I think it can work on multiple levels as long as the incentives and levels are appropriately scaled.

I also agree with mikay: I think multi-tiered associations within the game would only strengthen the community.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 00:32   #4
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: Loss of cluster alliances

private galaxies didnt kill cluster alliances; lack of active non-'l33t' types did (and general unwillingness of certain people to make any commitments whatsoever)
Unread 4 Oct 2003, 23:43   #5
Kestra

Kestra is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't miss cluster alliances. They were just another way for the other alliances to filter out the non allied gals and bash them day after day
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2003, 00:44   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the innocence involed in the earlier rds in cluster fchannels was nice and it was a good way of gettin to know ppl, i think they should bring them back

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 09:56   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Clusters rock, I didnt like paras when they were too big(before p2p) I dlove to see them Cluster alliances again

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2003, 22:39   #8
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Clusters rock, I didnt like paras when they were too big(before p2p) I dlove to see them Cluster alliances again

-Jonas-
Why not start one then, instead of quitting the game?
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 02:20   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I liked being able to attack with a small ETA more.
Unread 7 Oct 2003, 13:07   #10
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

That was the worst feature of clusters and contributed greatly to the decline of the game. In-cluster bashing = n00bs leaving in droves.

ETA advantage for defence only was a good idea - shame it wasn't implemented soon enough.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote