User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Apr 2003, 18:23   #1
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Report a player

Why is the report a player link on the portal a link to email in a report? Why isn't there a form to fill in like there used to be?

Why make it so hard to report cheaters?
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 18:33   #2
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
sending an email isnt that hard really, getting them to do something about cheaters is impossible :/
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 18:34   #3
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Report a player

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Why is the report a player link on the portal a link to email in a report? Why isn't there a form to fill in like there used to be?

Why make it so hard to report cheaters?
they wont get closed anyways
even if u send 6 pages with evidence.
They say : Well, its not enough to close him
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 19:09   #4
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
heh:/ you still report him?:P

you'd be faster getting him a real life conviction for murder if he killed your battleship. cuz you can just forget about getting him closed
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 19:45   #5
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
It would make no difference if you report a player on a l33t form. It seems that noone cares about some "special" players either way... even with 150k evidence... even with all the evidence "parsed" to a handy overview...
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 19:48   #6
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
It would make no difference if you report a player on a l33t form. It seems that noone cares about some "special" players either way... even with 150k evidence... even with all the evidence "parsed" to a handy overview...
!!!
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 20:14   #7
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
The form page is still there.

However we don't actually know where it puts the information that gets submitted on it - and no-one can remember

Also it's easier to use e-mail since the creator who deals with it occasionally changes, and we can just update the link.
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 20:42   #8
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by A2

However we don't actually know where it puts the information that gets submitted on it - and no-one can remember

Also it's easier to use e-mail since the creator who deals with it occasionally changes, and we can just update the link.
give a warm applause to PA crew \0/
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 22:20   #9
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Great. I reported a multi more than a week ago, and he is still there. I didn't even get a reply to my mail. I don't think he will ever be deleted.

Next round I will be 3 sistergals.
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 00:42   #10
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Toop

Next round I will be 3 sistergals.
Thats probably why don't do anything :/ it means less money next round...

They wont be getting my money anymore tho :e_chick:
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 13:22   #11
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by A2

It is easier to create a special email account that all mails about cheating get send to and then manage that emailaccount together alternating between creators.

My r9 suggestion for a name for that emailaccount:
[email protected]

hAl
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 02:15   #12
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Idenpendent of the procedure of acquiring information on cheating players: If you don't *want* to close cheats you don't close them.

A guy told me about one reported case where a scanner planet with the same planet name (apart from some - signs) was continuously flying flak missions always launched some minutes after or before the main planet. Result of reporting him: nill, not even a reply.

Anybody knows a clone where they really do something against multis ?
Unread 2 May 2003, 18:59   #13
Sonofhades

Back in r6 / r7 I think some people disappeared after a cut & paste of the news scans of a farm planet sent with the report of the player. I seem to remember some lamer using a lot of f-words in his posts disappearing from the game as well.
Unread 3 May 2003, 13:15   #14
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Report a player should be an in game feature and not a portal feature.
No more anonymous reporting.

Easier to check if the person reporting has an alternative motive for reporting the player in question. Also add more validity if you can easily ingame contact the player who did the report and ask him for details on for instance how he got the evidence.

hAl
Unread 3 May 2003, 14:23   #15
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Report a player should be an in game feature and not a portal feature.
No more anonymous reporting.

Easier to check if the person reporting has an alternative motive for reporting the player in question. Also add more validity if you can easily ingame contact the player who did the report and ask him for details on for instance how he got the evidence.

hAl
It would also make the person you reported go after you with all he has/had.
Unread 3 May 2003, 15:07   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Le Mauvais Moine
Idenpendent of the procedure of acquiring information on cheating players: If you don't *want* to close cheats you don't close them.

A guy told me about one reported case where a scanner planet with the same planet name (apart from some - signs) was continuously flying flak missions always launched some minutes after or before the main planet. Result of reporting him: nill, not even a reply.

Anybody knows a clone where they really do something against multis ?
Again names mean very little. I know groups of people who in the past all used basically the same name. It was their way of showing their alligence to each other and because they were friends they would aid each others attacks.

And as I keep saying your find most of the planets that jump out as cheaters are in fact normal players who arent bothering to ensuring that they dont bring attention to themselves as they arent doing anything wrong or they are just being setup by someone else. Most cheaters are alot smarter and do everything they can to make it impossible to link the incedents. Its not hard to install a couple of browsers and set each one to a differnt proxy, its not hard to go through sites like surfola to hide yourself, its not hard to use two vastly differing names and login info and its not difficult to make it look like normal attacks. The few small time cheaters who do make it obvious are also not the ones you really need to worry about, its the smarter ones who are using the various methods to escape detection who are the ones causing the real trouble as they are the ones who are sitting comfortably in the top 100 from it and are the ones doing the most damage to the rest of us
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 18:23   #17
XB.

XB. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by A2

Ok well how about you add a little quality to this. AS the report is submitted by email now how about acknowledging receipt with a little reply message.

Then maybe when the case has been reviewed and a conclusion reached a little thankyou for your report and after reviewing the evidence submitted we have the taken the action we consider appropriate. (you dont necessarily need to say what conclusion or action)

If you want to add a little about the decision being final and no discussions will be entered into but feel free to submit further evidence in the future.

The whole system might become slightly more transparent and believable to the players.

At the moment the reports just seem to disappear into a black hole and we never even know if the email was recieved never mind acted upon.
XB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 19:11   #18
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
XB you do realise the amount of reports they must get dont you?

They get in excess of 30 a day so simply keeping everyone upto date would on the cases would be an immense job.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 20:55   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey

They get in excess of 30 a day so simply keeping everyone upto date would on the cases would be an immense job.
Daily updates would be nice, but I don't think anyone's really expecting that.

An automated acknowledgment of receipt of all email would be pretty trivial to implement, don't you think? And it would probably go a long way to piercing the "black hole" that surrounds HQ.

Of course, it would require a few minutes of someone's time and for someone to actually give a damn; so it'll probably never happen. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 10:30   #20
XB.

XB. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey

You kidding sending an automatic mail when the reports recieved and sending another saying the investigation has been completed and nothing else takes no time at all. Im not expecting details of any form or the enetering into of correspondence.

I would expect something along these lines though :-

Report recieved

Confirmation of receipt sent.

Case Investigated.

Appropriate action taken against offending/not offending planet

Report sent saying no more than investigtion completed.

There is nothing hard or time consuming in this merely a few s of admin to keep us players happy. At least then we are not unsure if you recieved the report or if it was investigated.

How many of those 30 reports a day are people reporting the same person again and again when they dont see anything appear to happen (see below). And yes its an actually conversation from a gal channel.

[10:26] <GC> who should I speak to to get a player reported ?
[10:27] <FRIEND> not sure, what happened?
[10:27] <MOW> report player on the portal
[10:27] <GC> hmmmm .. tried that
[10:28] <GC> I wanna speak to someone
[10:28] <MOW> becasue nothing happened ?
[10:28] <GC> yes

Quite frankly with the previso that no discussions are entered into with the reprter i dont see any problems with this.
XB. is offline   Reply With Quote