User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:27   #1
Illusions

Private galaxies have already destroyed this round!

Well the expected has happened once again - the creation of private galaxies has created a 'random bashing' culture in Planetarion that just drives new players out of the game.

As a member of a random galaxy myself I have already been hit two times - once at tick 120 and then again at tick 160 - and I now have another wave on the horizon.

As a random galaxy we are easily identified with several planets still on 3 roids and become easy meat for the private galaxies in the game.

I am not moaning as I expected this and because I know this is what has always happened in Planetarion.

However what saddens me is that 3 or 4 of the semi active people in my galaxy have just joined PA this round. They are already wondering what is the point of this!

Because we are random and seen as an easy touch we are being raped inparallel and incluster for easy roids and none of the alliances would even think of giving us protection...so where do we turn?

New people entering Planetarion have to be encouraged and taught how to play the game but this will never happen in a universe with private galaxies which rapes them everytime they get more than 30 roids...

Just put yourself in a new players position. Someone who hasn't used irc b4 and has no connections in the game... How long would you stay in a galaxy with incoming every 20 ticks?

At least last round the good players got spread around and got their galaxies some element of protection and training...as a result we had a much more even round.

It also eliminated the worst excesses of farming that has already been talked about in another thread. We already have one planet in our galaxy we are sure is being farmed while also directing other attacks onto us!

I just hope R10 reintroduces random...or else it wont be worth playing!
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:33   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
"Right on, bruvva."

Random is the 'bomb diggy'. Private is the cuss.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:37   #3
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Well, some "people" thought it was worth making random gals 10 players cause it would be hard to identify them...
The only one hard to identify in our para was the one that joined the para alliance saying we are a random gal can we join you.

Leaving randoms hanging out to dry like they have in this round is shamefull. Those people payed as well and really get robbed you might say.

hAl
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:40   #4
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Random is the 'bomb diggy'. Private is the cuss.
the chance to land in the same gal with the biggest tit in the pa universe FOR THE 3rd TIME doesn't appeal to me.

and don't worry Illusions: sooner or later private gals will lose interest/be too big to hit you.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:43   #5
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
I do agree random is the future way to go.

However, my experience of the random in my cluster is that they havent been hit yet even though its obvious who they are. Most randoms do have some experienced players in them, so why does the random galaxy not join the cluster alliance ?? they been sent invites .

On another note, I know there are some new players out there, but could you experienced players in those random galaxies please point out that sending fleets at a private galaxy that is three times the size of your own, isnt the way to sort of get easy roids. Its even harder when you attack on your own and launch at 12pm GMT.

but yeah random is the way to go

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 15:57   #6
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Private galaxies have already destroyed this round!

Very true Illusions.

I have to say in my para/cluster no one is rap0ring the randoms atm...but I have seen it go on elsewhere and it saddens me that new players can get such a crap impression of Planetarion from playing just one week.

I know getting roids early is important for growth but surely priv gals can get them off each other without destroying all the randoms and encouraging people to quit the game!

Maybe some long sighted priv gals. should form defence pacts with the weaker gals - give them some protection and train them up as protection for when the ally wars really kick off...

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:14   #7
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
private galaxies should be stopped forever in main pa games...save em for speed rounds of something..
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:42   #8
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
private galaxies should be stopped forever in main pa games...save em for speed rounds of something..
How obvious was this already after round 4...
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 17:15   #9
Rmaine007

You can get lucky i went random and got several reasonably active players and so far ive been able to keep our galaxy from having any incommings even though we only have 9 players in the galaxy at the moment.

The guy who wrote it stick with it things will get better for you with newscans and as you become to small to be worth hitting youll be left in peace by the big galaxies. For now i suggest you teach your newer players how to play get everyone into an alliance, even small ones can act as a stepping stone for the future and make friends with some other gals in para+cluster.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 17:27   #10
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
How obvious was this already after round 4...
Yet it took you 5 rounds and a quote of someone else to point this out.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 19:18   #11
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
I guess I'm some people

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Well, some "people" thought it was worth making random gals 10 players cause it would be hard to identify them...
The only one hard to identify in our para was the one that joined the para alliance saying we are a random gal can we join you.

Leaving randoms hanging out to dry like they have in this round is shamefull. Those people payed as well and really get robbed you might say.

hAl
Randoms have a lot better chance this round than any other round since round 4. Parallels are really nice for getting into an alliance as there will usually be 2 of them. It's just a matter of siding with the right one.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 19:42   #12
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
private galaxies have no business in a game which is trying to encourage new players.

sure, lets make the noobs.

a) pay for a game they have never tried.
b) try to learn the game while getting massive incomings.
c) be completely excluded from all sorts of alliances
d) be hopelessly and horribly outfunned by the more organized people

Yup, sounds like a fun game.

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 21:50   #13
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
being nice to new people works really well until it comes accross the normal attitude of 'we do not play for your fun, we play for ours which is when we are winning and getting roids every night whilst not losing any'.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 23:23   #14
schryenm
Old geezer

schryenm is infamous around these parts
I personally only join attacks on organized gals, but i am not aiming at a top spot
However, i disagree with chax on the chance randoms have in the para/C system.
Randoms have only a chance when:
A) there is not a gal aiming to be top 20 in their cluster
B) there are 6 priv gals in their cluster, evenly spread over the blocks, who start a in cluster war for dominance
C) there are three equal powered P-alliances of each block, trying to win enough mass to obliterate the others (after which they take the randoms apart)

So bring back RANDOM gals in r10!!

On a side note: who says priv gals don't team u up with l8me m*therf*ckers?
I still despise my R5 galm8 who played both sides. You know who you are.
R3: 26:6:15 markdirdir of Tchai [TFD]
R4: 285:19:15 marmaluk of Pao [TFD]/[XAN Core]
R5: 20:9:4 markdirdir of Kursk [XAN Core]
R6: 2:1:15 markdirdir of Tchai [XAN core]/(inactive)
R7: 40:6:23 markdirdir of Pao -freebee -
R8: 40:5:3 markdirdir of Tchai [Plush]
R9: 6:2:2 Disneyland of the Death Penalty (OLY)
R10 Retired
schryenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 23:26   #15
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Yet it took you 5 rounds and a quote of someone else to point this out.
I claimed this in r6 a lot of times right here on these boards but I was laughed at.
I claimed it in r7 and proved it by going random in that round full of private gals
r8 was random finally
r9 I would have loved to play random again but not with current rules. They are ridiculous. I fought hard for a better deal for random on these boards even. But it was of no use.

So don't tell me that I wasn't a fighter for random cause I was always in favor of that !! Or that I only react on claims by others.

hAl
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 00:18   #16
Holylight
The Priest

Holylight is an unknown quantity at this point
*sigh*

always the same discussion about private gals ...

The best way is to go total random and enjoy the game with all the intrigue and spying and all.

And btw Parra, hAl speaks the truth, he was always in favour of random gals.

Regards

Holy

The Priest is back!

#tc #cell
Holylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 01:42   #17
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
RANDOM 4 EVER!!

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 03:26   #18
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
the chance to land in the same gal with the biggest tit in the pa universe FOR THE 3rd TIME doesn't appeal to me.
At no point that I'm aware of have you been in one of my random gals ...
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 08:28   #19
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I guess I'm some people

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Randoms have a lot better chance this round than any other round since round 4. Parallels are really nice for getting into an alliance as there will usually be 2 of them. It's just a matter of siding with the right one.

Ouch Chax. I like your posts couse you tend to write good backed up arguments, but you really missed on this statement heh.

Yes there are usually two alliances in para, but we all know they both meet on priv servers, and id like to see a HC or BC who s gonna add a newbie that noone wowches for on priv server in the early stages of the round.

Randoms get fooked over and we all know it.

And i just remembered there was a statement earlier about gals getting too big to hit randoms. - Trust me, there are allways plenty of big enough gals to hit randoms.

Randoms get fooked over.

Make it even, randomize the whole lot of us.

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 08:50   #20
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
It takes a less skilled player to *rape* a random - usually with a lame result (10 roids). Where as attacking a bigger gal with friends adds excitment/skill of calcing etc./chance of losing ur fleet in 1 tick etc. etc.

and ofc the capping is ****loads better

Seems some people dont enjoy a challenge when attacking

Madina
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 09:46   #21
Empress
Inactive as they come

Empress is an unknown quantity at this point
may i remind u guys.. that round 8 sucked ass...

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.
--Katherine Mansfield
Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 10:09   #22
LanMan
n00b

LanMan is on a distinguished road
If everyone goes Random, the same thing still happens. The weakest go first, that's natural selection for you. The earliest targets are the galaxies with a few active people, or galaxies which aren't filled up etc. This would happen wheter the universe was random or private. In a random universe the established players get defence from their alliances, while the new players get ALOT more incomming when they first get incomming that is, then they would if they were in a random galaxy(solely because they are more likely to perhaps get defended and thus get bashed) This will leave most of the new people low down(in an even war) or half of them high up if one side looses to another. But if that happens the game is just aswell ruined for the experienced players on the loosing side.

So this is a war game, casualties will happen as long as praying on the weak will help you get a high score.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 10:17   #23
HOPupNdown
Last of the plushies

HOPupNdown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Empress

naaa ,r8 rocked , you had to deal with new people (mostly)
and really sharpen those diplomacy skills . there werent
those ugly powerblocks .. things were simpler and more
confused these golden days

ive gone random this round already , just cause
my friends wouldnt just let me quit. but a private r10 ,
players-- :eek:
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 10:43   #24
daku
The one you love to hate!

daku is on a distinguished road
indeed ...
random gals are being hit alot
they give fast and cheap roids

but now .. blocks started attacking each other and atm randoms are left alone .. or @ least 50% of them
Curent member of: Real Life
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 10:44   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
actually i liked it a lot.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:00   #26
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
r8 was the best since r3.

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 11:21   #27
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Mr. Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
and this round is shaping up to do exactly the same.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 12:12   #28
bear

bear is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont like the idea of having full randoms. No matter how good you are as player, it makes you too dependant on your random galmates.

Nobody can be around 24/7, so you will always have to depend on some galmates to alert you when you have incomings and such. Knowing my luck, with full random I'll end up with 8 inactive planets in my gal :/

I think chax made a good point.. The current P/C system will let new players in more easily, as long as they are active enough.

Alliances will need fresh blood from time to time, and a cluster/para alliance is one way to get in touch with alliance members
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 15:08   #29
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
"You only sing when you're winning."

Everyone's opinions change, usually depending on what side you're on. For example, if I were Fury or FAnG last round I'd probably have hated it. If I was FLTV in round 6, which I was, then I'd have probably hated it, which I did.

However, round 6 and round 8 were both 'fun' rounds, no matter how much different people's opinions of them change. Personally I'd say round 8 was the best round I've ever played.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote