User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:17   #1
Dreadnought!

Planetarion Forums Request

To show our post counts, first it was taken so we couldnt see it on our posts, then it was taken so we couldnt even see it in our profile. Bring it back please
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:32   #2
TheSeeker
.:. Adelante .:.

TheSeeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed!

The World Seen From A Cathaar's View...
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:33   #3
Aneu
H O N O U R

Aneu is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup, then we can see who's the l33test. Lol

Aneu

'True Power Is A State Of Mind'

Quote:
[22:27] ([ViruS]Aaranaf) your not Aneu
Aneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:53   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Why?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:00   #5
Aneu
H O N O U R

Aneu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Why?
So all the nasty trolls can feel good about themselfs.

'True Power Is A State Of Mind'

Quote:
[22:27] ([ViruS]Aaranaf) your not Aneu
Aneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:10   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Oh.

Well, if you do a search with your username, and set "show results as posts", you should get a reasonably accurate number.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 18:47   #7
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Re: Planetarion Forums Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
To show our post counts, first it was taken so we couldnt see it on our posts, then it was taken so we couldnt even see it in our profile. Bring it back please
Feed the spammers!

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 19:12   #8
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Planetarion Forums Request

Quote:
Originally posted by RealJames
Feed the spammers!
\o/

I personaly don't see a need for it, but its JJ's call
prod him
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 19:21   #9
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd rather they weren't showed. We don't want idiots posting absolute drivel just so they can boast about their post counts to their friends. Although that mainly happens on GC, a place I never visit. If it spilled over onto the other forums I read then I'd be a little unhappy.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 19:50   #10
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
We don't want idiots posting absolute drivel
*cough*
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 20:27   #11
Prince
Free!

nasty cough your getting dread, i'd watch it if I was you don't want a cold or something
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 20:34   #12
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
nasty cough your getting dread, i'd watch it if I was you don't want a cold or something
aye doc says i might have an nasalpharanx infection

But nothing wrong with coughing at people whom name themselves after people who come from Britains Biggest open air jail (Liverpool)
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 20:48   #13
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
But nothing wrong with coughing at people whom name themselves after people who come from Britains Biggest open air jail (Liverpool)
Sticks and stones.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 21:01   #14
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Sticks and stones.
Is all a scouser needs to steal stuff with :/
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 22:54   #15
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Well, if you do a search with your username, and set "show results as posts", you should get a reasonably accurate number.
Surely that only works for new novelty accounts / spam accounts?
All the old posts are gone aren't they?

I know that last time I could see my post count it was a lot lower than it was before the counter was removed. from that place to the left of here.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:52   #16
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Surely that only works for new novelty accounts / spam accounts?
All the old posts are gone aren't they?

I know that last time I could see my post count it was a lot lower than it was before the counter was removed. from that place to the left of here.

Well you have to take into consideration the purges done over the last year or so...posts from before October (sometime around there) are erased forever, so a *total* postcount history of any given account won't be possible.

However, doing a search on your username will reveal almost all posts remaining since the last purge, give or take a few.

You could always add that number to your last known postcount before the purge, and get a fairly close estimation.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:10   #17
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
What valid reason would there be for postcounts to be displayed? TBH I cant think of one, just a bunch of trivial reasons and they all amount to spam counting.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:16   #18
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Well, I couldn't care less really about comparing my postcount with others to see who is the most 1337, but it would be interesting to see how much time I've spent here over the years. A postcount would help there, but since it's only since last purge I'd find it pointless.

I wish I had known from day 1 that purges would be made so that I could have saved my r3 posts about the torp being superior to the ghost and others of the like. Especially nice would be to be able to read the old between rounds discussions on scanning that pop up every round.

Perhaps it would be possible for the mods to make a nice big sticky post warning of coming purges a week in advance so that those interested can save the threads they want to look at again?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:36   #19
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Perhaps it would be possible for the mods to make a nice big sticky post warning of coming purges a week in advance so that those interested can save the threads they want to look at again?
Super idea. Some people may get some pleasure out of re-reading old threads they've participated in, in years to come. And to do that they need to be saved first.

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:51   #20
Cochese
Retired

r3 Strategy board was the win, I made almost all of my posts there when I got started posting on the boards.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:00   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
1. There is no reason to have post counts shown.

2. People spam because having a higher post count looks 'cool' to certain weiners among the posting population.

3. It can only bring 'bad' things to the forums. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Its a useless piece of information that has no relevence on a board with people who claim to 'not care' about post counts.

basically they aint coming back anytime soon.

too much trouble was caused when we had them and when they dissapeared spammers were no longer "rewarded" (if you can call a post count a reward) for doing what they did best.

(talk crap)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:04   #22
Prince
Free!

great reasons JJ

Scouse thats a good idea would be nice to see our history saved for future use, what the responce when the torp was down tweaked (round 3? or was it 2?)
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:25   #23
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
1. There is no reason to have post counts shown.

2. People spam because having a higher post count looks 'cool' to certain weiners among the posting population.

3. It can only bring 'bad' things to the forums. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Its a useless piece of information that has no relevence on a board with people who claim to 'not care' about post counts.
I totally agree. Quality, not quantity.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:35   #24
Me Me Me

Quote:

YOUR JUST A BIG ****ING WANKER THO ARNT U..
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:25   #25
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Says the man who's gone to study in the country of sheep shaggers. You really want to be tarred with that brush?

Just go away you ugly fat sid with nothing better to do than troll.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 14:35   #26
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
on the subject of it though... does anyone have any saved threads from earlier rnds that are an interesting read? eg Any political/flame type threads with words of wisdom from Sid or anything interesting like rnd4, 5, 6 heated arguments
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 15:21   #27
Prince
Free!

I'd assume someone does, probaly ex fury people have afew of Sids political Ad posts
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 16:14   #28
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
great reasons JJ

Scouse thats a good idea would be nice to see our history saved for future use, what the responce when the torp was down tweaked (round 3? or was it 2?)
hhhmm, prince I think u might find that chax had the "great" idea.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:34   #29
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
well, since all the crappy purges...whats the point?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 18:51   #30
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
well, since all the crappy purges...whats the point?
Indeed. Their worst move was in deleting all the FAQs. A lot of good information got flushed down the toilet that day. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 19:20   #31
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Spam city here we come...
One way ticket please!!
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote