User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Nov 2006, 09:36   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Planet Reset/Delete

Its bad for the game imho. People in alliances that collapse late round, reset/deleting their planets. Not small planets either, big planets, 1500ish roids in a few cases. Its poor sportsmanship, and we already have an issue with there not being enough roids in the game.
It is a horrible feature.
This feature only brings out the gayness in people. PA is a marathon, you don't start from the beggining when you are almost done with it. It serves no point.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 09:39   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Planet Reset/Delete

I think im pretty sure I know what planet you are referring to, and yet, while i think it is sad that he reset his planet, I still support the possibility to do it.

You pay for your own account and should be able to delete/reset it.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 09:44   #3
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

you also pay to play with other "human" controled planets. If they delete after losing..... With 3 weeks left.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 09:45   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, as i said, why shouldnt they be able to. The planet delete/reset option also gives people a possibility to start over if they are not happy with their planet, and imho this gives people a chance to start over again instead of just going inactive.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 09:49   #5
Chika

Ok, I see your point. Now do you see my point about it not being good for the game?
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 09:50   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

It is good for the game as i said, instead of playing with the same boring planet you are unhappy with in the first place, you now have the option to start over again. Alot of players go inactive over them doing bad choices in what race to pick etc, this gives them the oppourtunity to change that.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 12:56   #7
Chika

you dont get to change race right? you just reset your planet. totally. With three weeks left in the round, what point does this serve?
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 12:58   #8
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

you can change race aswell afaik

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual Online Help
Question: How can I get my planet reset?

Answer: In the preferences menu there is an option to reset your planet. Once you have selected what race you wish to change to and clicked on ok the page displays the information about how your account will look after the reset occurs in 24 ticks.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 14:22   #9
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I agree with Chika - if an alliance make the effort to take down a planet they want the full gain or whatever, not have them reset so the roids are destroyed.

(I dont know which planet you're talking about, or what happened.)
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 14:42   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I suggest you read how the procedure is to do reseting Shyne.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 15:00   #11
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

He does have a point, whether he understands the exact procedure or not. Taking the 1500 roids example from Chika it means a considerable drop in roids in the universe that can be targetted by the top players. If such a planet recently stole roids from mine i'd be rather pissed of for missing the oppertunity to regain them and simply losing them to the void.

Iirc XP isn't removed from reset planets, so i might aswell spend half a round getting massive XP, then reset my planet to Zik and farm all inactives for easy ships and there i have my top planet.

If we are to keep resets, please make them complete (including XP) and would it be an interesting next to that to have the reset planet spread his roids equally over his galaxy mates to not lose any resources in the game (although this inevitably brings some abuse options in place :P)?
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 15:47   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
He does have a point, whether he understands the exact procedure or not. Taking the 1500 roids example from Chika it means a considerable drop in roids in the universe that can be targetted by the top players. If such a planet recently stole roids from mine i'd be rather pissed of for missing the oppertunity to regain them and simply losing them to the void.

Iirc XP isn't removed from reset planets, so i might aswell spend half a round getting massive XP, then reset my planet to Zik and farm all inactives for easy ships and there i have my top planet.

If we are to keep resets, please make them complete (including XP) and would it be an interesting next to that to have the reset planet spread his roids equally over his galaxy mates to not lose any resources in the game (although this inevitably brings some abuse options in place :P)?
Im sorry, but again, if a paying customer decides that he isnt happy with the product he has bought or if he has decided he dont want it anymore it is in his rights to do what he pleases with it. The planet in question was in TGV and allthough I hate seing TGV lose his score etc, I can understand and accept that someone sometimes wants to use this option. The player in question is also not really gonna play anymore this round so I dont see the big deal. I was abit suprised that his XP still stayed, this is something that the PA team should reconsider. A full reset means a full reset. My guess is that the current reset system doesnt have it written to delete the xp aswell.

Wether you like it or not, a person who buys a credit and uses it on his planet is and should be able to decide for himself what to do with it, not having others decide it for him.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 16:02   #13
Wandows
[Vision]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Wether you like it or not, a person who buys a credit and uses it on his planet is and should be able to decide for himself what to do with it, not having others decide it for him.
I never said i didn't agree to the reset option, like you said as a paying customer you should have the right to decide what to with your planet (apart from cheating oviously). I however do think its a bad thing that in cases like this, although probably rare, the universe loses alot of roids for no reason (in which case some form of relocation of the roids would be a interesting option imo).
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 16:13   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
I never said i didn't agree to the reset option, like you said as a paying customer you should have the right to decide what to with your planet (apart from cheating oviously). I however do think its a bad thing that in cases like this, although probably rare, the universe loses alot of roids for no reason (in which case some form of relocation of the roids would be a interesting option imo).
Apart from cheating ofc.

I know the reasons why he reset the planet, you dont. If someone recall from round 14 i think [Dreamz] got his planet deleted because he cba'ed anymore. Theese things happens from time to time, and i dont see any need to do anything different about theese cases compared to others doing reseting.
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 17:48   #15
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

You need to lose this paying customer obsession. It doesn't work with any situation - least of all when the game servers go down. Planetarion is also a game of majority rules - the universe wants his roids, and the one man who doesn't want them to be had is going to lose.

The point is that its part of a game and not the real world. If you get bored of playing the board game monopoly, you don't go to bed and retain your properties to screw over the others though. You give them back to the bank.

I think it is important to keep the roids in the game, especially as we see other suggestion threads asking for cheaper init costs because roids are getting more scarce.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 11:43   #16
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Why not, instead of actually deleting/resetting planets, move the whole of it (that's structures, ships and ressources) to a planet slot in a gal pretty much in the kind of c200? Like c100 for instance.

People would be able then to attack c100, unlike c200. There of course should be rules on who, how many times, etc., c100 can be attacked (like once only per round per planet, or as many times as you want but only if you're under that score or under that many roids, or.... I don't know?)

It would be like a salvage yard... That way, nothing is lost in the game, and it can even benefit new players (learn the combats, get a few roids when they come late in the game, etc.)